See Through Geometry With Pxh

Bug geometry

2 replies to this topic

#1 Ilostmycactus

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 05:33 PM

Unfortunately the menu is kind of dark, but today I noticed the Phoenix hawk has non manifold geometry on the right "gun". The two dark bars, which in the second picture are clearly not supposed to be see through, are see through from the bottom. I am guessing this is because the weapon geometry is actually supposed to be seated against the inside of the forearm which would cause the dark bars to rest on the arm itself. I think this happens with ballistic weapons but not energy ones. (Though, I will put out there that having the gun off center from the arm is completely the inferior choice and it should rest on top like the mech is holding it, which the left arm is already doing.)Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 29 November 2022 - 02:46 AM

I would recommend feeding this info to support directly: https://mwomercs.com/support

There's a feedback button to do so.

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 29 November 2022 - 05:12 PM

View PostIlostmycactus, on 24 November 2022 - 05:33 PM, said:

Unfortunately the menu is kind of dark, but today I noticed the Phoenix hawk has non manifold geometry on the right "gun". The two dark bars, which in the second picture are clearly not supposed to be see through, are see through from the bottom. I am guessing this is because the weapon geometry is actually supposed to be seated against the inside of the forearm which would cause the dark bars to rest on the arm itself. I think this happens with ballistic weapons but not energy ones. (Though, I will put out there that having the gun off center from the arm is completely the inferior choice and it should rest on top like the mech is holding it, which the left arm is already doing.)

<<<snip>>>

Hello there. Have you tried equipping an Energy Weapon alongside the Ballistic on your Phoenix Hawk (perhaps a "PXH-1" or "PXH-1B" which you have selected there?) in order to see what happens? There was meant to be an Energy Weapon for the Ballistic to mount next to in most configurations. When the past PGI Staff were working on modeling this Mech, they had to create well-defined spots for certain types of weaponry. Unfortunately from what I understand, it was not possible to configure dynamic positioning based on what a user had chosen, and so things had to be left a certain way with the Right Arm Ballistic when it needs to render topside. This results in the strange positioning which you're seeing, albeit that I could agree with fixing the underside of those clamps which attach over to the Energy Weapon's mounting point. It should just be a matter of making sure the texturing gets applied to a certain surface which has not currently been rendered upon. At least there is a spot where the Ballistic attaches to the forearm in a semi-convincing manner, such as to possibly suggest an Ammo Feed pathway within the Mech's construction. :huh:

Otherwise, it pulls what happens currently with the 'PXH-KK's ("Kuroi Kiri" Hero) rendering on the Left Arm which happens to look rather awkward. Heck, one could suggest that it looks freaky! Some of the weapons end up rendering together in the same spots, along with using potentially wrong model choices to create a space for the weapon to fire from. Seems somebody missed the needed effort to ensure that the weapons from the Civil War Tech would all manage to have a non-conflicting placement on the Mech when a player wanted them. At least none of the other Variants suffer from that particular issue, if I am remembering correctly. :wacko:

EDIT :: By the way, if 'confracto' comes by to read this thread, he can probably explain the situation far better than I would ever manage to. ;)

~D. V. "agrees with 'Ilostmycactus's want to fix the hollow spot in the texturing..." Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 29 November 2022 - 05:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users