8 replies to this topic

#1 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 December 2022 - 05:11 AM

I know it's been this way for awhile, but I don't think I ever saw a proper explanation of it:

Why does the DWF-C in the in-game store have a screwed up loadout? Instead of the Streak 4 and half-ton of ammo with a TCOMP4, it has a Narc beacon with a single ton of ammo, drops a heat sink, and just leaves the TC area empty. How did that get screwed up like that, and how easy would it be to fix? I appreciate that the recent redeem code redeemed the correct loadout of the 'mech, and I've been appreciating for 8 years that the builds in the store are 1:1 with their record sheets, so one could use the store to learn something about TT if they wanted to, but the DWF-C, in its current state, is an exception and a blight on that tradition.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 05:35 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 04 December 2022 - 05:11 AM, said:

I know it's been this way for awhile, but I don't think I ever saw a proper explanation of it:

Why does the DWF-C in the in-game store have a screwed up loadout? Instead of the Streak 4 and half-ton of ammo with a TCOMP4, it has a Narc beacon with a single ton of ammo, drops a heat sink, and just leaves the TC area empty. How did that get screwed up like that, and how easy would it be to fix?

Some bug, probably.

I appreciate that the recent redeem code redeemed the correct loadout of the 'mech, ...

The redeemed version gives the Daishi C's loadout adjusted to MWO, not the accurate BattleTech loadout.

... and I've been appreciating for 8 years that the builds in the store are 1:1 with their record sheets, so one could use the store to learn something about TT if they wanted to, but the DWF-C, in its current state, is an exception and a blight on that tradition.

Not all builds in the Store are 1:1 with their BattleTech record sheets.

#3 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 December 2022 - 06:05 AM

View Postmartian, on 04 December 2022 - 05:35 AM, said:

The redeemed version gives the Daishi C's loadout adjusted to MWO, not the accurate BattleTech loadout.

It's as close as they could get without adding one-shot missile launchers, which would have been a noted waste of time and effort on their part, but it's still a heckuvalot closer than what's currently in the in-game store.

View Postmartian, on 04 December 2022 - 05:35 AM, said:

Not all builds in the Store are 1:1 with their BattleTech record sheets.

What other ones aren't, besides Yen Lo Wang missing its hatchet?

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 11:37 PM

The DWF-C stock loadout is weird and seems to be a bug. The dwf-c(s) has the correct stock loadout.

#5 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 05 December 2022 - 12:08 AM

Why does the DWF-C in the in-game store have a screwed up loadout? Instead of the Streak 4 and half-ton of ammo with a TCOMP4, it has a Narc beacon with a single ton of ammo, drops a heat sink, and just leaves the TC area empty. How did that get screwed up like that, and how easy would it be to fix? I appreciate that the recent redeem code redeemed the correct loadout of the 'mech, and I've been appreciating for 8 years that the builds in the store are 1:1 with their record sheets, so one could use the store to learn something about TT if they wanted to, but the DWF-C, in its current state, is an exception and a blight on that tradition.
This is MWo not battletech.

#6 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 12:18 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 04 December 2022 - 06:05 AM, said:

All the ones with weapons in legs have those in torsos instead.

#7 Akamia Terizen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ravenous
  • The Ravenous
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 12:29 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 05 December 2022 - 12:08 AM, said:

This is MWo not battletech.

And this was useful to point out in this particular discussion... how?

View PostC337Skymaster, on 04 December 2022 - 06:05 AM, said:

Leg-mounted weapons don't exist, rear-facing weapons don't exist, some ’Mechs with C3 systems had them replaced with other components, etc.

There's a lot of little things. But many of them are indeed fully TT accurate.

#8 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,012 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 05 December 2022 - 07:53 AM

to see what the OP is talking about

Posted Image

#9 confracto

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 112 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 December 2022 - 11:38 AM

For all those that didn't pay attention, OP is talking about how the free DWF-C doesn't have the same loadout as what it used to have IN MWO. Looking just now, the in-game store has the new NARC loadout, so this appears to be a change to the base loadout of the mech?! That kind of change is supposed to be in patch notes. The Warden Pack store page still has the old loadout I designed with the Streak4 in the head. I'm not entirely certain, but I suspect this move is unprecedented.

And yes, MWO loadouts try to remain faithful to TT, but there are some things that aren't translatable. Rear firing, One-Shot, leg-mounted weapons, or just equipment not present in the game. The goal is to either find something similar or just pad the mech out with armor/ammo/heat sinks to make up the loss. There's even a huntsman variant from pre-ATM times that has LRMs and Streaks in those locations instead, though I remember the original designer who did it felt bad about that move, especially when ATMs did show up later.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users