141 replies to this topic

#21 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 07:10 AM

View PostPocketYoda, on 15 January 2023 - 09:50 PM, said:

X-pulse and chemical lasers would be no brainers.

You could add the old ballistic weapons like MW5 uses.

Light Gauss for clanners as well.

rifle as implemented in mw5 was awesome.

#22 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 16 January 2023 - 08:16 AM

I really doubt we get new weapons.Is anyone left who even knows how to copy/paste/alter the existing weapon code to create new ones?

Edited by Weeny Machine, 16 January 2023 - 08:17 AM.

#23 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 08:44 AM

View PostWeeny Machine, on 16 January 2023 - 08:16 AM, said:

I really doubt we get new weapons.Is anyone left who even knows how to copy/paste/alter the existing weapon code to create new ones?

yes, that would be the cauldron.

#24 Lanzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 302 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 17 January 2023 - 03:50 PM

Swarm and Thunder LRMs. Swarms would work just like in the tabletop - any that miss the primary target would go after any other 'mech that was close enough. Thunders would work sorta like artillery, except there'd be no red smoke. You shoot your Thunders at a spot on the map and if another 'mech walks into the field, kaboom! Add in a self-detonate option that blows them up after maybe ten seconds or whatever and there you are.

#25 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 04:02 PM

just basic aoe weapons. there will probibly be a hard limit on how much damage you can do sort of like the way strikes work. otherwise people will whine and it will be nerfed into oblivion. aoe counters murderballs, so it sounds like something that will drastically change the way people deploy.

Edited by LordNothing, 17 January 2023 - 04:04 PM.

#26 RaptorPhoenix

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 11:56 PM

Since the game timeline is already in the Civil War era, then if they advance it further it would be the Word of Blake Jihad, so they would need to add WOB stuff.

I personally would like to see a consumable item for Clans that allows you to deploy elementals that would swarm an enemy mech and do damage over time for fixed period of time and then jump off and disappear.

Edited by RaptorPhoenix, 17 January 2023 - 11:58 PM.

#27 Lord Cannon Fodder

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 03:00 AM

Inner Sphere Weapons we want.
Light AC/2 and Light AC/5
Multi-Missile Launcher
ThunderBolt Launcher
Plasma Rifle
VSP Lasers

Clan Weapons we want.

RAC version of the IS RAC
Protomech Autocannons
HAGs

Equipment we want
XXL engines
Super chargers
Triple Strength Myomer
Ferro-Lamellor armour
Harden Armour

#28 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 03:38 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 16 January 2023 - 03:27 AM, said:

that would work too for Hags but I don't think a blood kit can carry 20 tons of guns plus ammo without lowering the engine a bit.

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 16 January 2023 - 03:38 AM, said:

In the vid there was obviously an altered client and the Blood Kit was chosen for visibility

View PostKursedVixen, on 16 January 2023 - 03:41 AM, said:

yeah i can't fit that much into a blood kit Posted Image either the hag20's are lighter than 10 tons in that altered client or something else was changed.

Why? acw-bk
works fine, about correct amount of ammo (with HAG ammo quirks)

#29 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,376 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 18 January 2023 - 03:48 AM

a more efficient lrm would be nice :) c b d e f it doesn't matter

#30 MrTBSC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 05:26 AM

HAG, Plasmarifle/cannon, light AC2 AC5
TSEMP (not to power down a mech though), Binary laser
thunderboltmissile, maybe Arrow IV, MMLs
medium and heavy Mechrifles, MechMortar

no noncanon weapons like MW4 clan mrm or RAC 20 ..

change streak to be dumbfire capable with worse accuracy than standard SRMs
buff/rework flamers

heavy armor and supercharger pls

TSM doesn´t make sense due to lack of melee

Edited by MrTBSC, 18 January 2023 - 06:12 AM.

#31 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 07:04 AM

I wouldn't mind a Clan version of a LPPC, with less damage but the ability to temporarily reduce speed, lift speed and torso speed when it hits. It would be a great disabling weapon and incredibly useful against lights.

#32 MrTBSC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 09:00 AM

View PostMark Yore, on 18 January 2023 - 07:04 AM, said:

I wouldn't mind a Clan version of a LPPC, with less damage but the ability to temporarily reduce speed, lift speed and torso speed when it hits. It would be a great disabling weapon and incredibly useful against lights.

TSEMP is that, it´s a disabling weapon ...

#33 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,687 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 18 January 2023 - 01:05 PM

I would love X Pulse lasers and HAGs

#34 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 06:15 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 16 January 2023 - 07:10 AM, said:

rifle as implemented in mw5 was awesome.

just popped in to mention this. so many IS med/lights with ballistic points get completely boned by the lack of any reasonably weighted options while their quirks don't work for MGs.

Been fighting with the Grid Iron for a couple days because I hate the guass charge mechanic, really wish they just gave it a stupid long base cd like 7 or 8 seconds.

#35 Lanzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 302 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 19 January 2023 - 12:05 PM

View Postsycocys, on 19 January 2023 - 06:15 AM, said:

. . . I hate the guass charge mechanic, really wish they just gave it a stupid long base cd like 7 or 8 seconds.

Especially considering that there isn't supposed to be a charge mechanic on gauss rifles at all. They're fully charged all the time, which is why they blow up on a crit.

#36 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 January 2023 - 12:11 PM

View PostLanzman, on 19 January 2023 - 12:05 PM, said:

Especially considering that there isn't supposed to be a charge mechanic on gauss rifles at all. They're fully charged all the time, which is why they blow up on a crit.

Have a look at this: https://mwomercs.com...-a-gauss-rifle/

Even the Gauss/Rail cannons being developed by the Military have to charge up before being fired.

#37 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 12:43 PM

View PostRondoe, on 19 January 2023 - 12:11 PM, said:

Have a look at this: https://mwomercs.com...-a-gauss-rifle/

Even the Gauss/Rail cannons being developed by the Military have to charge up before being fired.

they charge up when armed and between shots. but the charge is maintained until it is ready to fire. it does get discharged when disarmed again for safety. you have an arming time and a recycle time which is just the time it takes to charge the capacitor bank. it costs very little to maintain charge. the less time between the targeting solution and the trigger pull, the more accurate the weapon (and i should point out that the munitions are likely going to have the ability to course correct in flight).

as for the exploding gun, while the energy in the caps is huge, its the large quantity of highly flammable electrolyte that makes it a bomb. though if it gets damaged while charged you also have arcing and the resulting heat to deal with, effectively turning a fire hazard into a into an explosive hazard.

a more realistic solution would be to make the gun easy to crit and more explosive while charged, and less easy to crit/less explosive while discharged. if you make it so you hold to charge (or again to disarm) followed by a click to fire, and make it accumulate heat while charged, that might make it more interesting.

also charge limit doesnt make sense either, you would be able to charge all your guns and it takes no power to actually dump the charge across the coils/rails. it would just take longer to charge them all. i always felt like stacking charge time was a better way to do it. more guns = larger cooldown, and no limit to the number you can fire. when combined with the previous idea you would get more heat maintaining all the charges, and that could stack and be subject to ghost heat penalties.

if you played back in mw4 you know how stupid op gauss rifles got, thats ultimately why they are the way they are.

Edited by LordNothing, 19 January 2023 - 12:48 PM.

#38 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 02:12 PM

I'll clarify - I hate the charge mechanic because it jacks with your timing as a brawler and functionally that is all the mechanic is meant to do. It would have been better to just give it a longer cd than ac20 and non-disperseable heat in lieu of having any energy load system.

I also hate it because they super quirked it on a hunchback that has 2 ballistic slots instead of buffing one or two of the lighter weight cannons. The problem is that once you equip guass (GI) or ac20 (4G) you are totally boned for the rest of your loadout and leaves them with unusable hardpoints that should be for their primary hunch weapon system.

#39 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 02:46 PM

i generally dont like stupid weapon mechanics in games. especially in a mechwarrior/battletech game because you have a fire control system that lets you set up weapons your way, then you got this charge mechanic that mucks that all up. its not a good design choice. and also i say the same thing about rac spin up. brrrt machines spin up really fast its hard to notice.

#40 Conner Ward

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 03:44 PM

They just need to make Gauss work like they do in MW5, where it has a long reload time, but fires instantly.

Edited by Conner Ward, 19 January 2023 - 03:45 PM.

34 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 34 guests, 0 anonymous users