What's A Good Mech When You Want To Use Mrm's?

41 replies to this topic

#21 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 11:32 PM

This thread has been moved to the subforum BattleMechs

#22 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 02 February 2023 - 10:32 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 01 February 2023 - 11:04 PM, said:

you mean the Stalker 5M, don't you? MRM60 and 4 MLs is undergunned on a 85t Assault in my opinion. There's better options for MRM-play on a Stalker. The 7D for example is better in every way.

HOT STEAMING MONKEY SHAME!

I meant the Marauder 9m! Gah, thanks for the catch.

That loadout is definitely anemic for an Assault, but the Marauder makes good use of it.

#23 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 February 2023 - 05:34 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 01 February 2023 - 04:38 PM, said:

Ohh! I'm late to the party, but try the Marauder 9M. You can use either alternating MRM40s (80 total) or dual MRM30s with 4 Medium Lasers as backup/pinpoint damage. The ECM and Marauder hit box profile make it a very good MRM option.

Edit: words are hard.

forgot about this one, its another good MRM mech.

#24 sosegado

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 February 2023 - 08:01 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 01 February 2023 - 04:38 PM, said:

Ohh! I'm late to the party, but try the Marauder 9M. You can use either alternating MRM40s (80 total) or dual MRM30s with 4 Medium Lasers as backup/pinpoint damage. The ECM and Marauder hit box profile make it a very good MRM option.

Edit: words are hard.

I just bought it.

I'll configure it later.

Thanks!Posted Image

#25 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 03 February 2023 - 10:08 PM

View PostStab Wound, on 03 February 2023 - 08:01 PM, said:

I just bought it.

I'll configure it later.

Thanks!Posted Image

I'd be surprised if you don't like the -9M. Posted Image

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#26 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 February 2023 - 12:44 AM

How come nobody suggested Trebuchet 7M yet? The thing is godquirked for missiles.

#27 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 05 February 2023 - 06:32 AM

Posted Image

I recommend it, the rocket covers look very nice in the cockpit. I use it.

#28 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 05 February 2023 - 06:48 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

the front is like a truck :)

#29 Nine-Ball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 605 posts

Posted 06 February 2023 - 09:04 AM

Marauder 2 4HP (8 missile points on torsos, 4 lasers on arms which are not used lol)

8 MRM 10s (6 tons ammo) , light 350, 10 external DHS (4 in engine 6 in arms).

Skills -- all weapon cooldown, heat, range, velocity, and missile quirks (crit damage, more ammo, etc). Max out armor and structure bonuses. Cool run and Heat disipation works as well. Should be 91/91 with these skilled tagged.

Now you can splash 40 damage per salvo upto 632m -- absolutely barbaric. Whereas running 8 SRM4s generates less heat and can fire faster overall, the max range is sadly only 316m with all the skills and chasis quirk taken in account.

By running MRM10s you don't have to wait for the entire salvo to finish leaving your missile tubes before turning. I believe the time to pump out a single MRM10 is like 0.1 to 0.125 seconds or something. MRM40s feel like a medium lasers in terms of burntime.

#30 sosegado

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 February 2023 - 05:01 PM

View PostNine-Ball, on 06 February 2023 - 09:04 AM, said:

Marauder 2 4HP (8 missile points on torsos, 4 lasers on arms which are not used lol)

8 MRM 10s (6 tons ammo) , light 350, 10 external DHS (4 in engine 6 in arms).

Skills -- all weapon cooldown, heat, range, velocity, and missile quirks (crit damage, more ammo, etc). Max out armor and structure bonuses. Cool run and Heat disipation works as well. Should be 91/91 with these skilled tagged.

Now you can splash 40 damage per salvo upto 632m -- absolutely barbaric. Whereas running 8 SRM4s generates less heat and can fire faster overall, the max range is sadly only 316m with all the skills and chasis quirk taken in account.

By running MRM10s you don't have to wait for the entire salvo to finish leaving your missile tubes before turning. I believe the time to pump out a single MRM10 is like 0.1 to 0.125 seconds or something. MRM40s feel like a medium lasers in terms of burntime.

Yo, this thing should be illegal!

A couple of questions:

No jj's right?

Am I supposed to be using case? Because damn that limits ammo and this thing is ammo HUNGRY!
I know you said 6 tons but really bro? I was starved out by my 5th kill in the training grounds.

Also...is it just me or does this damn chassis actually steer Worse than an effing Dire Wolf! Posted Image

#31 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 07 February 2023 - 08:56 PM

CASE is great if you have the space, but not strictly necessary - you've only got a 10% chance that destroyed ammo will explode, as I recall.

Also, you can check the steerage in your 'mech stats block. =D I'm queued for a match right now, or I'd check myself.

#32 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 07 February 2023 - 09:10 PM

Update! It's generally almost the same maneuverability as a Dire Wolf: the only difference normally is that the DW's torso twist speed is slower - although certain certain omnipods and set bonuses can slightly increase its torso twist and turn speeds.

#33 sosegado

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 274 posts

Posted 08 February 2023 - 06:18 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 07 February 2023 - 09:10 PM, said:

Update! It's generally almost the same maneuverability as a Dire Wolf: the only difference normally is that the DW's torso twist speed is slower - although certain certain omnipods and set bonuses can slightly increase its torso twist and turn speeds.

Ok, so I understand the numbers probably crunch in the same.

But perception being reality in a lot of cases it just seems like the M2 4HP just steers a little worse.

What I'm chalking that up to is that this mech is faster than the dire wolf and so it looks like it steers worse because the terrain is passing faster than it would in the slower Dire Wolf.

Does that make sense?

Also I bought every single mech that was proposed up to this point and I've been practicing when I could squeeze it in.

I'm going to start dropping them in the next few weekends, mixing them up with my regular drops.

The MRM 10's seems to play a lot like the LBX 10's so if anyone has any advice to not play them like that I'm all ears.

Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it! Posted Image

#34 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 08 February 2023 - 01:32 PM

Oh, sure. Cockpit height can cause the illusion of slower movement as well, because parallax to the ground is different. You see the same thing switching between real-life vehicles of differing heights.

MRMs are going to play almost exactly like LB-X builds, with the notable difference that you don't have as much dispersal with the missiles (in exchange for more heat.) At close ranges, LB-X weapons will be much more effective at putting damage on targeted 'mech components, while MRMs will have somewhat better spread at longer ranges.

Edited by Void Angel, 08 February 2023 - 01:33 PM.

#35 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 08 February 2023 - 03:47 PM

Hunch - 4SP - runs dual 30's nicely. The LRM quirked one does well too.
Bush - P1 (i believe that's the model, all missiles) - have run it both with 30s and 20s, and srms, like both

Don't recall the model, the 3 missile Cent is actually surprisingly good with 20s.

I don't like 10s, 20s are decent if you pack something else to punch or drill with alongside them. a pair of 30s seems to be the sweet spot to me if they are going to act as primary.

#36 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 09 February 2023 - 06:40 AM

inner sphere so you can try 4xlrm15 on old machines, it is faster than lrm20s.

#37 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 06:54 PM

View PostStab Wound, on 08 February 2023 - 06:18 AM, said:

Also I bought every single mech that was proposed up to this point and I've been practicing when I could squeeze it in.

Last few days and probably for a while yet because it's just been consistently a good time, I've dropped in nothing but my #2 4SP - 2 mrm20s, 5ml, as long as you don't get caught up while your team rabbits or go on a rampage and try to 1v4+, it's hard to not score well with it.

It's a bit hot, so it gets dicey if you are one of the last left or trying to stump a small push but its for sure a ST and leg pulverizer.

#38 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 February 2023 - 01:22 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 09 February 2023 - 06:40 AM, said:

inner sphere so you can try 4xlrm15 on old machines, it is faster than lrm20s.
If you go that route, install them on AWS 8R. It's heftily quirked for missiles, maybe not as much as when it could stack up 47% cooldown on LRM15s, but still manages 35 or so which increases its peak DPS output by 50% (somewhere in the same ballpark as 6xLRM15 Nova Cat I believe)

#39 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 11 February 2023 - 02:05 AM

View PostHorseman, on 10 February 2023 - 01:22 PM, said:

If you go that route, install them on AWS 8R. It's heftily quirked for missiles, maybe not as much as when it could stack up 47% cooldown on LRM15s, but still manages 35 or so which increases its peak DPS output by 50% (somewhere in the same ballpark as 6xLRM15 Nova Cat I believe)

thank you i will try.

#40 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 689 posts

Posted 11 February 2023 - 02:54 AM

Archer Tempest, Stalker 3FB, and Annihilator Mean Baby can all do really nasty things with MRMs; the Archer and Stalker have ECM, and the MB can haul MRM120 and a small laser suite into battle for some absolutely disgusting salvos.

You *can* technically get MRM120 on some of the Stalkers but you probably shouldn't.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users