Patch Notes - 1.4.272.0 - 24-January-2023

177 replies to this topic

#141 Dunning Kruger Effect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 135 posts
  • LocationHiding behind my Dragon's centre torso

Posted 24 January 2023 - 12:06 PM

" where you can select a Light, Medium, Heavy, and Assault 'Mech of your choice and create your own custom Platinum Collection"

I just realised this is restricted to Inner Sphere vs Clan. Unfortunately for those who have quite a few hero mechs etc this still leaves unwanted combinations.

This is an improvement from random packs, but not quite the level of freedom to be worth a purchase.

#142 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 12:53 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 22 January 2023 - 07:40 PM, said:

If we take this approach to balancing the game, what happens to the MWO when there are only mechs that no one wants to play?

Then we play anyway because we need our Mech fix every X or XX number of days! Posted Image

View PostTomc300, on 22 January 2023 - 11:12 PM, said:

IF they want to encourage people to use Omnis "as is" they should get their heads out of their backsides and make S08 combos that are worth a damn. When the laser vomit builds are as effective and easy for a newbie like me to use, then I will use them. 5 effing points of armor is NOT enough to make me use my Omnis as they came, Hell, I sold my SMN-G arms and my MDD-C arms as soon as I bought the mechs. Now if they put a +10% or +15% XP buff on S08 builds, maybe. What they have now is NOT WORTH MY TIME.

I would love to see Omnipods mixing based on stuff they simply have :
- Omnipod #1 has + 5% SRM Heat buff.
- Omnipod #2 has + 5% Laser Heat buff.
- Omnipod #3 has - 5% Energy Delay buff.
- Omnipod #4 has - 5% Missile Delay buff.
- Omnipod #5 has + 5% Energy Weapons Range buff.
- Omnipod #6 has + 1 Ton Missile Ammo buff.
- Omnipod #7 has - 5% Laser Heat buff.
- Omnipod #8 has - 5% Overall Heat buff.

So you just add all of those together and that's the Quirks you get as bonus!

Another option would be to have Omnipods that have stuff in common with other ones but not all 3 things which they have in the current Stock Omnipods Loadouts.

So you get something like this :
- All Omnipods have Laser+Missile+Heat buff.
- You switch just 1 Omnipod for another one and still keep the Laser buff but lose Missile and Heat or just the Missile one.
- But then you change another one which just has Laser buff and only keep Laser buff Posted Image

Currently this is not possible in anyway : Switch 1 Omnipod and lose EVERYTHING Posted Image

View PostKursedVixen, on 23 January 2023 - 06:46 AM, said:

the set of 8 thing was stupid in the first place it removed the whole point of omnimechs that was to customize it's hard points what they should have done is given the omnipods their own quirks based on the hardpoints but not huge enough to make a big deal.

I think we wish for the same thing ? Or not ? Posted Image

The only good clan weapons are pretty much lasers since all the others are kinda crap C uac 5 for example..

2 x UAC/5
2 x UAC/10

MadCat B or Kodiak 3 anyone ?! Posted Image

actually all clan weapons have this issue while not having enough armor to do full damage with their weapons that require more face time, meanwhile IS not only has most of the weapons that require little face time but also the armor to use those that don't.

Sometimes I have the impression that Clan Armor is made out of this stuff : https://en.wikipedia...m%C3%A2ch%C3%A9 Posted Image

The Urban mech should not have as much armor as a Huncbach IIC

Dunno...

Sometimes it's hard to kill and sometimes it just falls apart somehow...

I would rather be in the Hunchie IIC at all times! Posted Image

besides you can save up MC from events to get clan hero mechs.

And wait for the 50% discounts! Posted Image

View PostClay Endfield, on 23 January 2023 - 11:05 AM, said:

Oh, and Piranhas exist.

Which is 100% a P.G.I. mech which has a horrible FOV from it's cockpit! Posted Image

You know IS mechs typically forfeit hardpoints and offensive quirks for ECM?
It's why the IS ECM variants are typically undergunned for their tonnage.

Archer Tempest disagrees! Posted Image

You can cram 5x ER LLs and 2x Gauss on a Direwolf-C, and still have ECM.

But is that a good mech with good DPS in the end ?!?!

I am guessing that it totally is NOT!

View PostKursedVixen, on 23 January 2023 - 11:08 AM, said:

Fafnir dual heavy guass.

Sorry, but Fafnir sucks already with LFE and regular Gauss if your team is crap (As usually is the case in QP sadly...) so I would totally not recommend going that way! Posted Image

I'm pretty sure i just said essentially clan lasers are the only good clan weapons... Clan ERPPC is inferior to IS ERPPC it's hotter fires slower and has less velocity.

According to some here Clan ER PPC is the best there is ?!

And the Jarl's list is for tier 1 try hards DO NOT bring that here.

I wish more people were "tryhards" instead of "YAY! I play for fun! PEW PEW with my useless build!" Posted Image

View Postsycocys, on 23 January 2023 - 07:44 PM, said:

Really do dislike all of the autocannon sounds other than maybe a pile of 2s doesn't wreck the ears too bad.

IMHO the IS regular AC models sound the best of them all, but indeed : Wreck your ears a bit if you don't play around with the sound levels! Posted Image Posted Image

View PostKursedVixen, on 23 January 2023 - 09:25 PM, said:

I have a rifleman IIC with 4 CAc 5's and one with 6 CAc2s runs well. though i kinda like the 6 CA2's better for that constant fire rate of 6 ac2 pellets, only downside is all the guns are in the arms.

How is the armor/survivability ??

I am still not sure if I should get myself the Alpha 5 Posted Image

View PostDuke Falcon, on 24 January 2023 - 08:52 AM, said:

Clan tech could be countered by tactic, coordinated team-play and such. Maybe learn that first instead of NASCAR?
Nerfing stuffs is not a solution for balance or anything because the bad habits and strange play-styles... Deal with those first! Sure there are way prevent idiot NASCAR (who invented that at the first place? Leeroy Jenkins?)...

As for the invisible walls and spots exploited by certain builds and players... UNLOCK YOUR ARMS! Sometimes you would wonder how high places you could aim and hit if you unlock your darned, bloody arms! Try it OhForFSake!

A good hint or advice, consider it as a freebie:
Make patches at every three months instead of monthly to have yourself time to CAREFULLY THINK THROUGH what you would done with it! Less failure mays happen...

Ja. Have a nice day, dudes!

I like this guy! Posted Image Posted Image

View PostClay Endfield, on 24 January 2023 - 11:36 AM, said:

Sounds like you're T4 or T5.

As long as the PSR system is as it is the Tier rating doesn't mean a damn thing!

I and many others can show you many screenshots where the PSR stuff at the end of an round be like : F U !!! Your Team lost and your "much better than the rest score" doesn´t mean a damn thing! Posted Image

Come T2-T1, where players know how to aim and how to prioritize targets.

I would love to but the game doesn't let me! LOL! Posted Image

Besides that, Mist Lynx and Timberwolves are insanely common in T3, T2, and T1.

I see Timberwolves in QP all the time so T1/T2/T3 has nothing to do with it Posted Image

Edited by Roodkapje, 24 January 2023 - 12:58 PM.

#143 Gilgamesh Hoi

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 01:33 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 24 January 2023 - 09:39 AM, said:

2. "Maps were fine! Why are you adding invisible walls?" First of all, we have virtually NO details on WHERE or WHAT was specifically changed! "A wall was added to prevent falling in a crevice" or "cap points have been moved" gives us no real information to even discuss. Was it completely changed? Was it moved just 1 foot? We have no idea so there's nothing to complain about yet.

I never said "Maps were fine!", in fact I pointed out that the maps were plagued by buggy invisible walls and environ snags that players have been sending in bug reports and posting about for years. And not only did these map fixes not address those invisible walls they in fact choose to waste finite resources that should have been spent on fixing them instead putting in more UNASKED FOR walls that make it worse, and continue to force pilots to repeat the same patterns of battles as they cut back the dwindling playspace.

I agree they should have told us why, and most importantly who decided to do it, because I have been peppered with messages from other pilots in game and on discourse that the new map guy was taken along for a tour of maps and got all the bias from a group of pilots that... shall we say like to have all their potato victims in the same place every match? These types don't like it when people find new positions to fight with that don't benefit their meta loadouts, I don't know the validity of these rumors but I do know the absence of info and the arbitrary implementation of these unasked for changes has created a vacuum in which they spread.

I've now toured all the maps post patch, and it is some of the most sloppy, lazy, and poorly thought out invisible wall implementations I have ever had to deal with in this game, its actually worse than I feared it would be. Whoever the guy who put these in is he needs to explain the reasons and who drove him to them because he has made over a half a dozen maps worse and made 3 in particular hot-garbage forced nascar and WITH mid-air snag spots.

All with invisible walls nobody asked for.

Edited by Gilgamesh Hoi, 24 January 2023 - 01:35 PM.

#144 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 340 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 24 January 2023 - 01:57 PM

The new custom packs are fine, but with that brings the possibility of buying duplicates... and for some reason I'm not able to sell off any unwanted duplicate Platinum variant mechs.... :(

Please fix this ASAP Matt...

#145 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 January 2023 - 03:39 PM

View PostBig-G, on 24 January 2023 - 01:57 PM, said:

The new custom packs are fine, but with that brings the possibility of buying duplicates... and for some reason I'm not able to sell off any unwanted duplicate Platinum variant mechs.... Posted Image

Please fix this ASAP Matt...

Anything that sorts under the category "Special" has never been sellable (all the CB boosted 'mechs that aren't heroes). All your Founders, Phoenix, Invasion, Resistance, Collectors, Holiday, Platinum, 'mechs, etc.

#146 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 340 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 24 January 2023 - 03:56 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 24 January 2023 - 03:39 PM, said:

Anything that sorts under the category "Special" has never been sellable (all the CB boosted 'mechs that aren't heroes). All your Founders, Phoenix, Invasion, Resistance, Collectors, Holiday, Platinum, 'mechs, etc.

Urg... great... o well... Meme builds it will be then...

#147 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 04:49 PM

WOW - go look at my kills on a lazer vomit TIMBERWOLF, speed, 46 point alpha, and nothing changed, but my ac 10 and 3 med lazers is coming to kill you, the AC5 build is still a waste of time, but the RANDOM number of AC5, will never get fixxed.

SO my KNIGHT mech with ac10 and 5 and 3 med lazers may work -- test time

SAWK CLANNER

#148 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 09:29 PM

"Increased LT armor bonus to +10 in SO8 (from +5)"

-what's "SO8"?

#149 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 24 January 2023 - 09:45 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 24 January 2023 - 09:29 PM, said:

"Increased LT armor bonus to +10 in SO8 (from +5)"

-what's "SO8"?
set of 8 basically if you keep an omnimech totally intact instead of swapping pods you get more quirks so basically keep yoru omni together and don't swap pods or pay the penalty.

View PostC337Skymaster, on 24 January 2023 - 03:39 PM, said:

you can ask for them to be removed but you will not get the mechbay for it.

[

Edited by KursedVixen, 24 January 2023 - 10:39 PM.

#150 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 12:53 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 24 January 2023 - 12:53 PM, said:

Which is 100% a P.G.I. mech which has a horrible FOV from it's cockpit! Posted Image

No the piranha is a cannon mech, but it's FOV is horrible. now mechs like the sunspider and the roughneck are 100% PGI imaginary mechs

#151 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 08:17 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 25 January 2023 - 12:53 AM, said:

No the piranha is a cannon mech, but it's FOV is horrible. now mechs like the sunspider and the roughneck are 100% PGI imaginary mechs

Did not know that after all these years! Thnx! :)

#152 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 11:23 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 25 January 2023 - 08:17 AM, said:

Did not know that after all these years! Thnx! Posted Image
All you have to do is use google or go to Sarna.net for example

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Piranha

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Roughneck

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Sun_Spider

notice how the last two are listed on the page as Apocryphal

#153 Denebios

• Pip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 12:13 PM

You say something...
True that clan mechs are NO clan mech anyhow...
Just mechs looks like clan mechs...

Why?
Because IF clan mechs would be clan mechs all the IS mechwarriors would cry whole rivers 'till the bitter end on the Fields of Armageddon...

Clans were designed to be equal 1:3 clan:IS ratio. In a multiplayer game that may not work because the latter party would always cry 'cause they lost...

You know, USSR cried so hard in 1941 because german military were just so much better. But then they realised that numbers do count...
I would glad if omnis would perform as they should be! Would be IMBA OP sure. In FP it could be evened by let clanners bring only a binary into combat (10 vs 12 +1-3 mech if we consider the commanding mechs of a company). That would be good.

In QP? Pfff, impossible. But it not mean that clan-tech must be nerfed, nerfed and nerfed. Clan tech could be countered by tactic, coordinated team-play and such. Maybe learn that first instead of NASCAR?
Nerfing stuffs is not a solution for balance or anything because the bad habits and strange play-styles... Deal with those first! Sure there are way prevent idiot NASCAR (who invented that at the first place? Leeroy Jenkins?)...

As for the invisible walls and spots exploited by certain builds and players... UNLOCK YOUR ARMS! Sometimes you would wonder how high places you could aim and hit if you unlock your darned, bloody arms! Try it OhForFSake!

Overall we once again forced to apply a patch what ruin things further. A shame. Patches meant to fix and develop things not the contrary...

Make patches at every three months instead of monthly to have yourself time to CAREFULLY THINK THROUGH what you would done with it! Less failure mays happen...

Oh, unholy dark gods! Better stop it now because set things aflame and watch everything charred... Even if that would be better...

I dont think there is any balancing needed for QP - there should be Clan and IS mechs on both sides - not Clan vs IS but Team vs Team - and better Teamplay wins!

The only thing to balance is MatchMaker so you get about same tonnage/ % of Clan/IS mechs on both sides...

#154 Steel Shanks

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 64 posts
  • LocationConnaught, FWL

Posted 25 January 2023 - 01:53 PM

View PostClay Endfield, on 24 January 2023 - 11:36 AM, said:

Sounds like you're T4 or T5. Which is probably why you think the 2x HGR Fafnir is so godly. Stats per tier show that the Fafnir does pretty well in T5. Come T2-T1, where players know how to aim and how to prioritize targets, it's performance drops off the map. Besides that, Mist Lynx and Timberwolves are insanely common in T3, T2, and T1.

So your myopic perspective doesn't quite cover the entirety of the dilemma, bucko. It's top-down balancing: They balance based off what a mech can do in the hands of a skilled player, and establish a performance benchmark from the collective average. Mechs that exceed the performance average by a wide margin get hit with the nerfs; mechs that fall short of that average get buffed.

So back to the Timby: a consensus of skilled players determined that it was overperforming, it was analyzed why, Lasvom syncing extremely well with the chassis was the reason, the option then was to either a.) Nerf Clan Laser, or b.) Nerf the Timby.

Option a.) blanket nerfs a bunch of Clan mechs that are okay, or underperforming. Option b.) corrects the problem without creating more.

Apply the dilemma to series of other mechs that were overperforming fir similiar reasons. Option b.) is obviously the best approach.

Stats? WHERE are the Stats? It's funny... No one seems to be able to provide Stats. Phil of No Guts No Galaxy hasn't seen Stats... The Cauldron hasn't seen Stats... Where are the Stats for anything in MWO? [redacted]

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 25 January 2023 - 10:07 PM.

#155 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 08:12 PM

You say something...
True that clan mechs are NO clan mech anyhow...
Just mechs looks like clan mechs...

Why?
Because IF clan mechs would be clan mechs all the IS mechwarriors would cry whole rivers 'till the bitter end on the Fields of Armageddon...

Clans were designed to be equal 1:3 clan:IS ratio. In a multiplayer game that may not work because the latter party would always cry 'cause they lost...

You know, USSR cried so hard in 1941 because german military were just so much better. But then they realised that numbers do count...
I would glad if omnis would perform as they should be! Would be IMBA OP sure. In FP it could be evened by let clanners bring only a binary into combat (10 vs 12 +1-3 mech if we consider the commanding mechs of a company). That would be good.

In QP? Pfff, impossible. But it not mean that clan-tech must be nerfed, nerfed and nerfed. Clan tech could be countered by tactic, coordinated team-play and such. Maybe learn that first instead of NASCAR?

Overall we once again forced to apply a patch what ruin things further. A shame. Patches meant to fix and develop things not the contrary...

Oh, unholy dark gods! Better stop it now because set things aflame and watch everything charred... Even if that would be better...

YEah i know if we had real clan mechs it would be so one sided, but we could at least have the fake clan mechs that can stand 1;1 with inner sphere of the same tonnage...

View PostAlgerian Bear, on 25 January 2023 - 04:52 PM, said:

No Patch Science Sale?
no because nobody wants to buy nerfed timberwolves or mist lynx or arctic wolves.

#156 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 10:46 PM

I played a match yesterday.

Still makes fun.

Hands down!

#157 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 08:13 AM

View PostThe Chancelor, on 25 January 2023 - 10:46 PM, said:

I played a match yesterday.

Still makes fun.

Hands down!
what about lower tiers?

IF this is how tier 1 speaks I don't think I want to ever get there..

Edited by KursedVixen, 26 January 2023 - 08:31 AM.

#158 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 01:49 PM

View PostKrasnopesky, on 21 January 2023 - 09:50 AM, said:

I am hoping as a first step we can increase clan drop-deck tonnage to 265. I think in these days of balance there is no need to have different drop-deck tonnages.

Despite everything, the patch is an impertinence for FP
the 265 tons are long overdue
this was an issue a year and a half ago

#159 GargoyleVine

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPismo Coast

Posted 26 January 2023 - 08:34 PM

hey can you get the ***** scrolling marquee crap out of my mech lab ? , thanks GV

#160 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 27 January 2023 - 12:02 AM

View PostStaude, on 26 January 2023 - 01:49 PM, said:

Despite everything, the patch is an impertinence for FP
the 265 tons are long overdue
this was an issue a year and a half ago
Don't count on clan EVER getting anything good.

The clans must suffer for thier crimes against the inner sphere!!~PGi probably.

Edited by KursedVixen, 27 January 2023 - 12:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users