Custom Platinum Collection

32 replies to this topic

#21 Chaos Kita

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 08:07 PM

Is there going to be an event with the custom platinum?

I didn't mind buying one of each weight class (because I don't have that many to begin with), but the folks complaining about this do have a point. IMO the way the hero sale was done not that long ago would be better. 4 for $20, 3 for etc..

#22 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 08:28 PM

I don't really have any reason to spend more in this game, but I don't understand why the HBK-4P was given a second hero type variant, well third if you include champion, while the rest are ignored?

A 20 dollar skin isn't worth it, but I might have actually considered a few bucks just for a 4sp that could collect more c-bills. Or a 4H/4J, or a totally new variant with 3 e and 4-5 missile points - actually I'd probably have caved in on a new Hunch variant to be honest.
20 for some new variants of the original lines? Much better offer than 20 for variants with shiny skins that people already own.

#23 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 January 2023 - 08:05 PM

What if you don't want to waste money on crappy light mechs?

And so many variants in the game we seem to get the same few over and over.

Also give us a skin that can be colored in three different channels, i detest these platinum skins because i cannot use all my colors.

Edited by PocketYoda, 27 January 2023 - 08:08 PM.

#24 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 27 January 2023 - 11:35 PM

Personally, as an Assault/Heavy mech only pilot, there are lots of interesting Light/Medium mechs to pick up also.
Having 2x interesting mechs in a 4-mech Platinum purchase if "good enough" for me!

Assault: AWS-8Q(P) ==> have waiting for a long time!

Heavy: CRD-6T(P) ==> I wants a four(4) mech stable of these for weekend events! ;)

Medium: BJ-3(P) or HBK-4P(P), both of which makes powerful mech deck filler mechs for FP and weekend Events respectively.

Light: any one of your choice ;)

#25 Dungeon 206

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 05:08 AM

hi PGI.

i was really looking forward to this as there are 2 Heavy and 2 Assault mechs that i really wanna get Platinum
really disappointed now because it means i have to buy 2 packs and get stuck wtih 4 med and light mechs that really i have no interest in.
so i wont be making a purchase.

please allow us to just buy any 4 mechs as Navid suggested above.
im ready to open my wallet.

cheers

#26 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 28 January 2023 - 09:23 AM

It seems that all included and purchasable chassis of the game could be chosen. Not variants but seemingly the base chassises.

Yet no mix of IS and clan mechs... That is another missed opportunity, PGI, really!

Just sayin'...

EDIT

If I missed something, note that, my above post created after 25-30 seconds of browse through the page of "make yer own Pla-ti-num collection"...
Danke!

Edited by Duke Falcon, 28 January 2023 - 09:25 AM.

#27 catgirl

• PipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 66 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanopus IV

Posted 31 January 2023 - 12:48 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 25 January 2023 - 06:59 AM, said:

Is it possible to make the custom packs in a way so it is not light-med-heavy-assault only model, but just mech-mech-mech-mech?

Hi PGI,
Please look into this issue because it exactly describes my dilemma right now, and I'm sure other pilots are also looking to own all the Platinum mechs just like me. I have bought every single Platinum pack up until this customization pack, but I do not want to spend extra money on duplicate Platinum chassis to get them, like Navid described. I had planned to buy all of the Platinum lineup, but this makes it difficult and not worth it for me to keep spending my money on collecting them until this issue is fixed, sorry Posted Image

Another detail to bring up is that completing the challenges for cockpit items + Cbills was a major factor in why I decided to purchase all those packs. Do you think it's possible to include events or add those cockpit items + Cbill bonuses for those 'mech packs? I'm looking to support PGI still with my purchases, but they'll be on pause for now unless there are changes made to the custom pack. Thanks!

Edited by catgirl, 31 January 2023 - 12:52 PM.

#28 NiceDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 04:26 PM

View Postcatgirl, on 31 January 2023 - 12:48 PM, said:

Hi PGI,
Please look into this issue because it exactly describes my dilemma right now, and I'm sure other pilots are also looking to own all the Platinum mechs just like me. I have bought every single Platinum pack up until this customization pack, but I do not want to spend extra money on duplicate Platinum chassis to get them, like Navid described. I had planned to buy all of the Platinum lineup, but this makes it difficult and not worth it for me to keep spending my money on collecting them until this issue is fixed, sorry Posted Image

Another detail to bring up is that completing the challenges for cockpit items + Cbills was a major factor in why I decided to purchase all those packs. Do you think it's possible to include events or add those cockpit items + Cbill bonuses for those 'mech packs? I'm looking to support PGI still with my purchases, but they'll be on pause for now unless there are changes made to the custom pack. Thanks!

I'm making the same plead to PGI.

#29 Chaos Kita

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 04:39 PM

View Postcatgirl, on 31 January 2023 - 12:48 PM, said:

The choice is nice and I appreciate that, but without an event to get that gsp, cockpit items, etc. . kind feels like we got left out compared to the other Platinum Collections. . .

Glad I'm not the only one that is noticing this.

#30 Neutron IX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 31 January 2023 - 08:22 PM

I too would love true mix & match/a la carte options. I have purchased every previous platinum pack to date, and additionally I picked up the loyalty rewards that gave more platinum mechs, but I can't bring myself to buy into this one, since it would force me to buy duplicates of mechs I already have, or am not interested in, just to collect the 10 I don't have yet.

My preference would be to be able to pick up the ones I do not have yet only, either in some sort of super mix & match 10 pack, or a la carte. Something that lets me just get the ones I don't have yet would be grand.

Thanks, folks!

#31 NiceDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 09:49 PM

View PostNeutron IX, on 31 January 2023 - 08:22 PM, said:

I too would love true mix & match/a la carte options. I have purchased every previous platinum pack to date, and additionally I picked up the loyalty rewards that gave more platinum mechs, but I can't bring myself to buy into this one, since it would force me to buy duplicates of mechs I already have, or am not interested in, just to collect the 10 I don't have yet. My preference would be to be able to pick up the ones I do not have yet only, either in some sort of super mix & match 10 pack, or a la carte. Something that lets me just get the ones I don't have yet would be grand. Thanks, folks!

These words are the feeling for those (including me) who had bought all the previous platinum packs. We can now only hope PGI can do something, or else I will just hold my purchases and see what will happen in the future.

#32 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 02 February 2023 - 09:42 AM

Breaking news!

You can now choose between both IS + Clan mechs for the Platinum Custom Collection!
I really like the preview picture of the mechs you are about to choose! ;)

https://mwomercs.com...inum-collection
https://mwomercs.com...lections-events

#33 Rabid Imp

• PipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 February 2023 - 11:52 PM

View Postw0qj, on 02 February 2023 - 09:42 AM, said:

Breaking news!

You can now choose between both IS + Clan mechs for the Platinum Custom Collection!
I really like the preview picture of the mechs you are about to choose! Posted Image

https://mwomercs.com...inum-collection
https://mwomercs.com...lections-events

Unfortunately it is 1/2 baked. you STILL have to pick one from each weight class. Again PGI refuses to give players the options they ask for: Let us buy X and Y. PGI lets you buy Y...

I seriously do not get why they flat out refuse to edit their pricing structure to give more flexibly. Want me to open my wallet? Price out the mechs and let me pick which ones I want unrestricted.

remove the light/medium/heavy/assualt

make it mech/mech/mech/mech

Edited by Rabid Imp, 04 February 2023 - 11:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users