Patch Notes - 1.4.273.0 - 21-February-2023

59 replies to this topic

#21 RUSTY RASTIL

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 February 2023 - 03:48 AM

That modular defense on "suicide box" is very nice and most interesting change you've done since removing longass "open bay door" crap. It's nice, but 10/15 % defense for 2x bigger hitbox just don't look like much for turning your mech into a hunchback.

#22 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 February 2023 - 04:51 AM

View PostStaude, on 18 February 2023 - 01:50 AM, said:

Yes everything is correct

it still has nothing to do with balance if one side doesn't even get the highest heat at 52.5 DMG and the other gets the highest heat at 30 DMG
with the same weapon

Given the absurd amount of lasers some Omnimechs carry and alpha-strike multiple times, the Crusader is certainly not an uncommon SuperMech...

#23 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 18 February 2023 - 05:15 AM

View PostThe Chancelor, on 18 February 2023 - 04:51 AM, said:

Given the absurd amount of lasers some Omnimechs carry and alpha-strike multiple times, the Crusader is certainly not an uncommon SuperMech...

Don't you understand, it doesn't matter if the Mechs Crusader or a,b, is called
it's about balancing the lasers

last night 10-12 Crusader in FP in one wave and that's exactly where it doesn't matter

#24 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 18 February 2023 - 06:09 AM

So I heard there were buffs, so I logged into see what was the fuss, and the first thing I see is a Quickdraw! My mind instantly went to "Finally they are buffing the Quickies! Taro isn't on the Cauldron but they must have seen his results where players of all levels universally labeled the Quickies as below par, and now they are going to do something about it! Yay!!" Then I actually read the notes. Alas, platinum, meh.

As to the actual buffs, while I like the uniqueness of the missile location/ damage reduction buffs, I don't think they will make much difference in encouraging the kind of build diversity that they appear to be intended to encourage. Also, I'm torn about giving even these sorts of buffs to mechs that are already recognized as some of the best in the game (Hellbringer, Timber, MKII), even if those buffs are designed to encourage builds that may differ from what most consider to be the "meta" builds on those. I mean, I like to encourage build diversity too, but I can't help but think that there are so many subpar chassis/variants out there that I for one would really like to see a lot more buffs to those sorts of chassis/variants (applauds the Vindicator and Cicada buffs even if they are only for ammo and ERPPC specific, respectively) rather than more buffs to mechs that are already recognized as among the best (no matter how specific and niche the buffs to those better mechs might be).

Edited by Bud Crue, 18 February 2023 - 06:09 AM.

#25 Razgriz_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 18 February 2023 - 06:25 AM

Are those missile pod buffs totally new features or old ones being buffed? If they've been around I had no idea but it is good to know. If they're new Im super excited to see how they work out because they seem like a rad idea.

Also, you guys forgot a BAS +2 PPC HSL again.

#26 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 18 February 2023 - 06:29 AM

HELLEBORE OUTPOST
grass is flying. nice map why don't you fix it?

#27 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,413 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 18 February 2023 - 07:54 AM

Many thanks, MWO / Cauldron!

It's a very original idea, introducing the incoming damage reduction to torso shoulder(s) with large missile housing boxes (noted must have unused corresponding missile ammo left on mech to enjoy this damage reduction).

Coupled with Clan ATM with reduced minimum range of 60 meters (Dec 2022 patch), it's actually worth looking Clan mechs with large 'ears' again!

Timber Wolf TBR-Prime(I) dressed in SO8, with 2xATM9, anyone? ;)

#28 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 473 posts

Posted 18 February 2023 - 08:46 AM

Wow, first patch in memory that doesn't have me flinching as a mech I love gets nerfed! Very happy about that.

Excellent all around - we do need to add other mechs to the list of mechs that get the missle pod buffs. Some already correctly mentioned; the Catapult for sure needs to get the same treatment - even as it is, good players consistently shoot off those rabbit ears.

One suggestion to think about in the future - dedicated "foot shooters" are a plague in 1v1 and 2v2 matches and it seems to be starting to creep into quickplay more recently. If it gets any worse at all something significant may have to be done as far as I am concerned. I'm personally annoyed with it enough to suggest maybe cutting a legged mech's movement penalties by half (or something similarly drastic) to make legging mechs much less worth it.

Thanks! :)

#29 Knownswift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 February 2023 - 09:12 AM

View PostStaude, on 17 February 2023 - 06:03 PM, said:

Nice dodged the question why the IS 14 ER can take small lasers without gohst heat
with clan from 6 Gohst Heat

Because inner sphere small lasers suck *** and clams can easily supplement with micro pulse and er micro for basically the same alpha.

#30 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 February 2023 - 11:06 AM

View PostKnownswift, on 18 February 2023 - 09:12 AM, said:

Because inner sphere small lasers suck *** and clams can easily supplement with micro pulse and er micro for basically the same alpha.

Small lasers are extremely dangerous in large numbers! The ratio of heat to damage and cooldown is better than that of any other weapon. Of course you have to know what you're doing...

#31 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 18 February 2023 - 12:19 PM

Derp :P
So, this patch would do something considerable?

#32 H4RDCA5E

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 February 2023 - 12:54 PM

Quicksum, after the latest one;
sns-amb became way too fragile. it wasn't the toughest of its kind to begin with, but now it's off the table bad
cda-3F gets stuck on ledges and walls while using jets or sliding down. on every single map - maybe stg w cda model
same servers - way more lags, most notably when hitting objects at speed, falling or skipping
and some more laggish things happening to all ppcs, shots traveling right through mechs

#33 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 18 February 2023 - 03:32 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 18 February 2023 - 06:29 AM, said:

HELLEBORE OUTPOST
grass is flying. nice map why don't you fix it?

Level Designer Krazzdaxx is busy working on a new map due in March, previews coming soon!

And fix or better said CLEAN UP Tourmaline Desert while you are at it!

Each damn time I spawn those tourmaline things block me and have to walk around them!

And then there is that area somewhere near the Domination Beacon with all those things sticking in/out of the ground and giving mechs a hard time walking over them!

PLEASE FIX in the near future! Posted Image

Or just gives us the bugged Tourmaline Desert we had some months ago : That was PERFECT! Posted Image

View PostAn6ryMan69, on 18 February 2023 - 08:46 AM, said:

One suggestion to think about in the future - dedicated "foot shooters" are a plague in 1v1 and 2v2 matches and it seems to be starting to creep into quickplay more recently. If it gets any worse at all something significant may have to be done as far as I am concerned. I'm personally annoyed with it enough to suggest maybe cutting a legged mech's movement penalties by half (or something similarly drastic) to make legging mechs much less worth it.

HELL NO! Posted Image

Some people want to nerf EVERYTHING to death... Pff... Posted Image

#34 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 18 February 2023 - 09:15 PM

Rather shy adjustments...

#35 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 18 February 2023 - 09:37 PM

View PostAn6ryMan69, on 18 February 2023 - 08:46 AM, said:

Thanks! :)

No, thats just silly, shooting a mech's legs is a no brainer of an strategy, specially when storing ammo in there. Rather fix head shots, shooting at the cockpit shouldn't be as hard as it is right now.

#36 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 340 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 19 February 2023 - 02:38 AM

I will not be getting these new Platinum mechs unless they are in formal collections... been bitten once already...

#37 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 19 February 2023 - 04:52 AM

TIMBER WOLF
  • Equipping missile weapons with 9 or more missile tubes in the shoulder mounted missile pods (“ears”) in Left and Right Torso now provides a 10% incoming damage reduction to corresponding side torso**

I don't understand what is the aim here. Timber wolf is, and will remain bad for missiles (except S with 4x srm 6 ) no matter how much armor you give it. Shoulder mounts practically increase your side torso hitboxes. Unless you plan adding a new more detailed paper doll, and separating shoulder mounts from its torsos (which i doubt will happen) TBR will remain bad for missiles.

Edited by MechB Kotare, 19 February 2023 - 04:52 AM.

#38 H4RDCA5E

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 February 2023 - 12:52 PM

CDA-3F:
Added -10% ERPPC heat
Added -10% ERPPC Cooldown

I mean... I'm not against turning my main into something op, but if you ask me i'd be more happy with +1 energy hardpoints on rt and lt, and a big buff on torso speed, or maybe to jumpjets. Nothing else really, it's good as it is now

#39 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 19 February 2023 - 01:45 PM

These light kiting Mechs need to be nerfd out of existence. Assaults should be the most dangerous Mechs on the field. Currently they're food.

#40 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 340 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 19 February 2023 - 02:01 PM

So... will we be getting proper Platinum Packs for the new Platinum mechs also? Otherwise... no buy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users