March Madness Event Queue Weekend + Sale!

67 replies to this topic

#41 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 March 2023 - 01:20 PM

View PostSolomon Birch, on 04 March 2023 - 12:33 PM, said:

I would just like to add that I love anytime you can add Solaris maps. Something new and different from QP.

We'll be doing Solaris weekends every weekend before the monthly patch. So this month that will be weekend of the 17th.

#42 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 March 2023 - 03:04 PM

Daeron, is the Crael set to a sale price accidentally? It doesn't have the sale banner, but its current MC price is WELL below 50% of what a 65 ton hero should be. The Dragon heroes (60 tons) are each 4500 MC. The Catapult Heroes (65 tons like the Crusader) are 4875 MC. I've noticed in the past that all heroes are priced per tonnage, not necessarily per loadout. Currently, Crael is in the store for 2085 MC, well below the 4875 price for a 65 tonner, and even less than what that price would be at 50% off.

Seems pretty cheap for the 'mech that represents the new broken meta...

#43 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,349 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 04 March 2023 - 04:05 PM

Just got yet another Dire Wolf DWF-UV hero mech at 50% Off MC, for gaming QoL ;)

Thank you MWO !!

View Postw0qj, on 04 March 2023 - 02:24 AM, said:

Dear MWO, thank you for listening!

~Full metal jacket 400ton Drop Deck for 4x Dire Wolf DWF-A(P) mechs!
~It was...beautiful Posted Image

[Update]:
Above drop deck had 8x Kills, 1800+ damage, but our team still lost Posted Image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My 3rd & 4th DWF-A(P) was procured from Custom Platinum Collection,
so that I can also go towards 4x Crusader CRD-6T(P) drop deck also (got 3 of these now)!

#44 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,349 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 04 March 2023 - 04:14 PM

Crusader Crael (CRD-CR) hero mech has always been just over 2000 MC; that's regular price.

Also: Roughneck Bolt (RGH-BLT) hero mech always just under 3000 MC; it's also regular price.

These are priced to move; significantly MC cheaper than other comparable Heavy hero mechs like you've already noted! Cheaper than other Roughneck and Catapult heros mechs.

(Personally I think that asking for a further 50% Off MC for above Crusder & Roughneck hero mechs would be a bit much...
these are already at reasonable prices!)

View PostC337Skymaster, on 04 March 2023 - 03:04 PM, said:

Daeron, is the Crael set to a sale price accidentally? It doesn't have the sale banner, but its current MC price is WELL below 50% of what a 65 ton hero should be. The Dragon heroes (60 tons) are each 4500 MC. The Catapult Heroes (65 tons like the Crusader) are 4875 MC. I've noticed in the past that all heroes are priced per tonnage, not necessarily per loadout. Currently, Crael is in the store for 2085 MC, well below the 4875 price for a 65 tonner, and even less than what that price would be at 50% off.

Edited by w0qj, 04 March 2023 - 05:57 PM.

#45 KeZangaren777

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 March 2023 - 06:18 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 04 March 2023 - 01:20 PM, said:

We'll be doing Solaris weekends every weekend before the monthly patch. So this month that will be weekend of the 17th.

Can the Solaris Weekend be tied to the achievements? or at this point already Impossible?

#46 Vsolid

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts
  • LocationOn your 6, weapons hot

Posted 04 March 2023 - 10:29 PM

These 8v8 drop deck events are so much fun, makes me wish QP had drop decks enabled lol. Much less frustrating experience. The smaller player count + respawns enabled makes it feel like you can actually roll the snowball back once it gets going (or at least soften the blow).
Almost wish 8v8 was an always available gamemode even without the 3x cbill / xp bonus but thats asking for a bit much.

#47 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 05 March 2023 - 07:42 AM

I said it before and i´ll say it again. I love EQ.

EQ is what QP should be. Just for one reason. I know the map and mode and can choose my mech and loadout before the drop.

For a future MWO2, let the people choose the maps and game modes they want to play. Then the MM can randomly choose a map and mode that matches 24 people, or let the people vote for a map that everyone wanted to play anyway. Doesn´t matter.

Edited by Wishmast3r, 05 March 2023 - 07:42 AM.

#48 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 246 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 March 2023 - 08:24 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 03 March 2023 - 11:56 AM, said:

Some maps are dropship enabled. When you spawn in, you will be in a dropship (like Faction Play). Some maps you just spawn on the map, no dropship (like Canyon Network). Those maps without dropships are usable in Event Queue, but I can't do events with Drop Decks (4 'Mechs) on them until our level designer adds dropships to those maps. We're slowly doing this while we work on improving all of our maps, but it takes time.

I will add some of these maps to the rotation next time we do a non-Solaris Event Queue weekend.

That would be so awesome, thank you!!!!

#49 Ronbo

• PipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 48 posts
  • LocationWashtington state

Posted 05 March 2023 - 10:18 PM

View PostWishmast3r, on 05 March 2023 - 07:42 AM, said:

I said it before and i´ll say it again. I love EQ.

EQ is what QP should be. Just for one reason. I know the map and mode and can choose my mech and loadout before the drop.

I was about to post the same thing. I agree, its nice i can select my mechs, good or bad, to the map and mode. Maybe make it a separate and constant since its seems easier to get into time wise than faction. I realize it might take away from QP, but maybe every weekend event with all the maps used for drop decks. I dont want to take away from QP or FP too much.

#50 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 March 2023 - 05:55 AM

Wasn't the new map supposed to arrive in march? When will we see it?

#51 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 March 2023 - 08:55 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 06 March 2023 - 07:54 AM, said:

check the cauldron discord sever

Please just tell me!

#52 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 06 March 2023 - 05:02 PM

Fun event. The 100 tonners was cool. I'm sure that was easier for more of the player base to participate in than the recent one that was just Dires or Atlases. Matches didn't seem to take too long to form either.

Only thing I could ask for is what I've mentioned before, which is that I really like the interesting quirks. 50% more armor, higher speed, unlimited ammo, all of that. I hope we keep seeing more of that and with more varied quirks too. Get creative. Get memey. I'm sure a lot of players like the cbill and xp bonus of the weekend events, but for any of us oldtimers, we already have more cbills and xp than we can use. Giving the game play a new flavor is the main draw for me. Keep it up! Posted Image

#53 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 06 March 2023 - 05:11 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 04 March 2023 - 03:04 PM, said:

New heroes that came out more recently have been cheaper than older heroes for a while now. For example, the Sun Spider Ambush and Roughneck Bolt are also cheaper than similar heroes.

#54 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 06 March 2023 - 05:42 PM

What is good at the event is that the map is certain, tonnage is certain. I wish it was like this in the normal game, or if we could choose.

In a game I entered today, I saw that everyone wanted to choose a big map. And I chose a big machine. A small map was selected in the game I entered 6x AC2. It allows me to cool from this game.

#55 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 March 2023 - 06:10 PM

View PostAgro, on 03 March 2023 - 06:09 AM, said:

Why are you starting the event queue so late? Is the European part of the community not important to you? Maybe you should move the start 12 hours earlier so that people from the other side of the planet can play the event on Friday?

Reading that as an Aussie make me chuckle.. No one gives a damn about Aussies timezones so why would they care about EU..

#56 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 859 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 07 March 2023 - 11:16 AM

The event were crazy. Especially <3 for the 4x100t clashes! I love these titans when clash hard and even heavens will quake!
BIG THX, PGI!

#57 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 528 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 09:09 AM

Any word what will be the free mech of march?

#58 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 10:16 AM

View Postsimon1812, on 08 March 2023 - 09:09 AM, said:

And the map. Do not forget about the new map!

#59 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 528 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 11:40 AM

View PostThe Chancelor, on 08 March 2023 - 10:16 AM, said:

And the map. Do not forget about the new map!

Very good point, they tease about it and then it's all about MW5 news.

#60 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 859 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 08 March 2023 - 12:12 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 08 March 2023 - 09:09 AM, said:

STONE RHINO :)

Would be totally crazy :P

My bet goes for some IS mech this time. Perhaps an IS heavy...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users