Mw5 Mercs March 9Th Patch Notes

21 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 03 March 2023 - 02:08 PM

Attention Mercenaries!
We hope you're enjoying MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries and its latest DLC, Rise of Rasalhague. We've been working hard on an update, which is set to release this coming Thursday, March 9th. This patch will bring a host of improvements and updates across several categories, including Features, AI, Balance, Gameplay, Co-op, UI, Localization, Modding, and updates for the XBOX ONE, Playstation, and Steam Deck.
In Rise of Rasalhague, players Join Colonel Månsdottir and the people of Rasalhague in a fight for freedom and independence from the Great Houses in a new 12 mission quest line. Rise of Rasalhague adds the Crusader 'Mech chassis with 11 variants, the new Rival Mercenaries feature allowing you to interact with numerous other mercenary companies and the infamous Bounty Hunter.
Player feedback has shown that the Rise of Rasalhague DLC is already a fantastic addition to MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, and the coming update promises to make it even better! So get ready to gather your lancemates, jump back into your BattleMechs, and head back into the Inner Sphere with the upcoming patch on March 9th, 2023!
-The MechWarrior 5 Team

#2 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 March 2023 - 12:44 AM

Really bummed melee weapons didn't get a universal weight reduction. Given that melee mechs are restricted to less firepower due to their anemic hardpoints, was it really necessary to further gimp them with insanely high tonnage requirements for melee?

Arena Fists are ludicrously over weight; light mechs and assault mechs in particular suffer from the grossly overweight Arena Fists. There's all of three light mechs that can even equip 2x Arena Fists: the Panter-10, the Anasi Hero Spider, and the HI THERE! Hero Javelin. Assault mechs like the Cyclops and Banshee really suffer from the overweight Arena Fists too. Both Assault mechs are pretty firepower Anemic due to their Engine Size and tech restrictions, and Arena fists would've saved them from the "useless" reputation, but none of them can afford 14 tons for 2x Arena Fists. Could you guys reduce Light Arena Knuckles to 1 ton and assault Arena Knuckles to 4 tons?

#3 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 March 2023 - 06:45 AM

They are using TT rules for all weapons and weights. In TT you do sacrifice other weapons for having the ability to do melee.

#4 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,367 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 04 March 2023 - 06:51 AM

+1
Reasonable opportunity cost, using TT rules for all weapons/weights including melee weapons...

(I did not know TT rules, so could not directly comment...)

View PostRalph Edwards, on 04 March 2023 - 06:45 AM, said:

They are using TT rules for all weapons and weights. In TT you do sacrifice other weapons for having the ability to do melee.

#5 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 March 2023 - 10:30 AM

View PostRalph Edwards, on 04 March 2023 - 06:45 AM, said:

Wrong. In TT, a mech hatchet/sword only weighs 3 tons. It's damage is determined by the mech's weight, and whether they're running TSM or not.

Besides that, it depends on what ruleset you're running in TT. In custom, you can modify the mech any way you want provided you don't exceed your BV limit. And that's before we get into the whole kerfuffle regarding hand-held weapons.

As for TT melee, where's Kicks?

There's no light/medium/heavy/assault breakdown of melee weapons in TT; that's something PGI madd up. The vast majority of MW5's melee weapons are apocryphal, and the ones that do share names (Sword and Hatchet) do not in anyway shape or form match the mechanics established in TT.

Edited by Clay Endfield, 04 March 2023 - 11:20 AM.

#6 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 March 2023 - 06:06 PM

Wrong in TT the equipped weapon tonnage and critical is determined by weight of mech. For example:

Both the tonnage and critical slots taken up by a Hatchet are equal to the ‘Mech’s tonnage, divided by 15, rounding up to the nearest whole number. The hatchet’s base damage value is equal to the ‘Mech’s tonnage, divided by 5 (rounded up to the nearest whole)

Each Claws weighs 1 ton and occupies 1 critical slot for every 15 tons of BattleMech weight (rounded up to the nearest half ton). Claws may only be installed only in the arms of a `Mech, where it automatically replaces the hand actuator (but still requires both the upper and lower arm actuators). Two Claws, replacing each hand actuator in both arms, may be mounted.

The Mace weighs 1 ton and occupies 1 critical slot for every 10 tons of �Mech weight (rounded up to the nearest full ton). A Mace can only be mounted in a `Mech`s arm, and then only in an arm that includes a hand actuator.

#7 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 March 2023 - 06:11 PM

You are right in the fact pgi made up the different class of weapon for ease of programming. You are also right that there are kicks. My point was that pgi is doing their best to keep it close to tt rules as my above post says. My opinion is mw5 is a rather damn good game based on studio size and resources and still trying to keep the tt feel to customization. I know also in tt you can split criticals and mount weapons where they can't physically fit. However programming something like that vs writing it out on paper are two different things.

#8 -OUTLAW-

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 March 2023 - 07:47 PM

Nice updates. The game is great and gets better with every update, please continue keep it as true to MechWarrior / BattleTech as possible. I would still love to see that timeline advance into the Clan invasion (although I know the Commander would be in his 60s by then) and have a campaign like the Rasalhague campaign. It would not make sense to play as a Clan Warrior though, since Clans do not have mercenaries and we would have to follow orders at all times, but it would be fun to fight against them.

Edited by -OUTLAW-, 04 March 2023 - 07:48 PM.

#9 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 March 2023 - 09:33 PM

I am kind of hoping for a clan perspective and where if you own both games you can combine them

#10 Rinkata Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 315 posts
  • LocationSoviet Clans

Posted 07 March 2023 - 03:12 AM

Hey, PGI, Nice DLC and patches, but...

New weapons, when?
Build variations currently are very limited, and this is a bad thing for the game. Even if it will go against lore we need ER mediums, X-pulses, plasma rifles, rotary cannons and so on. For example a Battlemaster is not a viable option absolutely. Just take it and sell immediately.

Yes, modders added lot's of things, but they also made changes, which I can't accept, such as removing weapon slot size system, which is a key for this game. Every mech must be a challenge, and there are must be several ways to make it really good.

Edited by Rinkata Prime, 07 March 2023 - 03:13 AM.

#11 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 07 March 2023 - 04:25 AM

Yet Another Weapon has you covered already. No mechlab changes involved.

https://steamcommuni.../?id=2512405187

#12 Rinkata Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 315 posts
  • LocationSoviet Clans

Posted 07 March 2023 - 06:25 AM

Thanks, will check it out.

#13 Teknomancer

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 04:51 PM

Slight problem with the patch... after installing I can't load my saved games, it claims I lack the Rasalhague DLC. I do have that, and the store page agrees. The game does not.

Version 1.1.328
Epic Games Launcher

Wait, why is the Epic version requiring a patch today if it's not out until tomorrow?

Edited by Teknomancer, 08 March 2023 - 05:11 PM.

#14 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 08 March 2023 - 05:19 PM

View PostTeknomancer, on 08 March 2023 - 04:51 PM, said:

Slight problem with the patch... after installing I can't load my saved games, it claims I lack the Rasalhague DLC. I do have that, and the store page agrees. The game does not.

Version 1.1.328
Epic Games Launcher

Wait, why is the Epic version requiring a patch today if it's not out until tomorrow?

Same issue for me... this is fcked up... tried verifying... but nada... thanks PGI... :(

#15 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 05:31 PM

PGI just pushed the correct update to Epic (1.1.338). Update your installs now.

#16 Teknomancer

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 06:06 PM

View PostBig-G, on 08 March 2023 - 05:31 PM, said:

PGI just pushed the correct update to Epic (1.1.338). Update your installs now.

Woohoo! New version and the Rasalhague DLC is properly recognized. Thank you Piranha for the quick fix!

#17 Zacariah Ixminis

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 06:42 PM

Ever since the update I'm now getting a blank "fatal error" crash every 3-5 minutes. It's with the Epic version of the game both in online and offline mode. This has only been since the update.

#18 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 10:22 PM

View PostZacariah Ixminis, on 08 March 2023 - 06:42 PM, said:

Ever since the update I'm now getting a blank "fatal error" crash every 3-5 minutes. It's with the Epic version of the game both in online and offline mode. This has only been since the update.

do you use mods?

#19 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts

Posted 09 March 2023 - 02:04 AM

Will have to wait for the mods to patch their stuff now also, as the new patch definitely broke YAML.

#20 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 09 March 2023 - 03:00 AM

Damnn forgot to turn off auto updater
was clear that they manage to break all my mods again

Edited by Mighty Spike, 09 March 2023 - 04:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users