#121 Alreech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 19 March 2023 - 06:06 AM

View PostHorseman, on 18 March 2023 - 12:47 PM, said:

2 is a bit more nuanced.

3 mechs allow more diversity in the mech selection in the drop deck.
A problem in quickplay at the moment is the lack of mech diversity.
Usually the players select the higher tons of the mech class - 55 tons for a medium because there is no reason to select a 40 ton medium.

2 mech dropdecks means at least 120 tons if you didn't want to rule out 100 ton assaults.
That would be a 100 ton and a 20 ton mech or 2 60 ton mechs.
Increasing the tonnage will shift that: 140 tons would allow a 40 ton medium to the 100 ton assault - or 2 heavys with 70 tons.

I doubt that the 20 ton mech will survive long after the player lost the 100 ton assault, so using a small tonnage but more than 2 mechs is IHMO the way to go.
3 mechs and min 160 tons would shift that to 3 mechs 55/50 tons, or 100/40/20, or 80/60/20, or 70/70/20

In modes that feature respawns, all dropships have turrets and will fire on opponents near the drop zone.

And that was not enough to prevent overrunning of the drop zones.
IMHO even making the dropships more powerfull and giving them ECM won't change that.

Edited by Alreech, 27 March 2023 - 07:11 AM.

#122 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 19 March 2023 - 06:12 AM

View PostTWLT S, on 19 March 2023 - 01:27 AM, said:

And the other thing: I really like dropdeck events. However I have to admit that I dont participate as much as I d like because preparing the dropdecks and the longer matchtime confilicts to often with realllife.

Dropdecks don't increase the match time.
Even with drop decks the timer can be set to 15 minutes match time, and the match will be over after what or before if one side wins by objectives (caputring in conquest & domination, ect...)

My conclusion is let QP as it is and rather work on FP to be easier to access and easier to understand.

IMHO MWO needs some kind of faction quickplay for that.
Matchmaking like in quickplay, dropdecks like in FP (maybe less tonnage & mechs).
It should be for smaller groups and solo players, and thats a chance to remove the groups from solo quickplay again.

#123 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 March 2023 - 06:01 AM

View PostAlreech, on 18 March 2023 - 07:06 AM, said:

The elo system of MWO cares only about player damage.
Players rise in the tiers if the outperform most of the other players in the match by doing more damage.
Staying alive is the key to that, and that also improves the K/D.

The context I always think of, when people complain about K/D stats, isn't staying alive mid-match, but is often directed at that last 'mech that is combat ineffective, but has run away and/or shut down in some hidey hole, trying to survive to the end of the match to pad their K/D stats, rather than simply running into the other team to be slaughtered, ending the match so that everyone can go join the next one. Generally, the victorious team spends anywhere from 2-6 minutes hunting for the last 'mech (depending on how long is left on the timer, and how good the other pilot was at hiding, and how good his teammates are at ratting him out).

These complaints are often also leveled at the last stealth light which is very combat effective, and is usually still actively fighting, but the game is 11-1, so there's no possible way for that 'mech to win. To me, that's a much muddier situation: when it's me or my teammate, I'm completely in favor of them fighting to the bitter end, getting as much extra damage, or even an extra kill or two, before being tracked down and obliterated. When you're on the winning team in that stomp, it gets irritating not knowing where the last guy is, often because you don't know if they're hiding, or still up and fighting and just under stealth armor.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 27 March 2023 - 06:02 AM.

#124 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 27 March 2023 - 06:26 AM

In fact, if you increase these levels a little bit, the steps would be easier, people would have more fun. Difficult to level up.

It would be better if it was 100 rank instead of 5.

Why are there few steps?

I've been trying to level up for days. I think he played 2-3 millimeters xD

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 27 March 2023 - 06:24 AM.

#125 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 07:20 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 27 March 2023 - 06:26 AM, said:

In fact, if you increase these levels a little bit, the steps would be easier, people would have more fun. Difficult to level up.

It would be better if it was 100 rank instead of 5.

Why are there few steps?

I've been trying to level up for days. I think he played 2-3 millimeters xD

There are only 5 tiers because the tiers are not a high score list but a mechanic to balance the matchmaking according to players skill.

Some players believe that mixing players of different skill levels cause bad matches (not the lack of coordination), so the players are put into 5 tiers.
Distribution of players should be follow the gaus normal (the mathematican, not the gun), with most players in tier 3 and only few in tier 1 and 5.
During matchmaking the matchmaker must create a 12 vs 12 team by distributing the same number of tier X players per team.
Also only players with 2 or less tiers difference should be put into the game, so no tier 1 player should play against / with a tier 4 or 5 player.
Additionally the same number of mech classes should be in both teams.
Oh, and not more than one group of 4 or two groups of 2+3 players should be on each side.
AND the matchmaking should not be too long, so after some minutes the matchmaker starts to ignore most of the rules.

With a shrinking player base it's more and more difficult to achive fast matchmaking.
One solutions could be reducing the number of players per match: 8 vs 8 needs only 16 players.
Or removing mech class from the matchmaking by using drop decks with tonnage limits
ect, ect, ect...

Edited by Alreech, 27 March 2023 - 07:21 AM.

#126 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 27 March 2023 - 10:22 AM

View PostAlreech, on 27 March 2023 - 07:20 AM, said:

There are only 5 tiers because the tiers are not a high score list but a mechanic to balance the matchmaking according to players skill.

Some players believe that mixing players of different skill levels cause bad matches (not the lack of coordination), so the players are put into 5 tiers.
Distribution of players should be follow the gaus normal (the mathematican, not the gun), with most players in tier 3 and only few in tier 1 and 5.
During matchmaking the matchmaker must create a 12 vs 12 team by distributing the same number of tier X players per team.
Also only players with 2 or less tiers difference should be put into the game, so no tier 1 player should play against / with a tier 4 or 5 player.
Additionally the same number of mech classes should be in both teams.
Oh, and not more than one group of 4 or two groups of 2+3 players should be on each side.
AND the matchmaking should not be too long, so after some minutes the matchmaker starts to ignore most of the rules.

With a shrinking player base it's more and more difficult to achive fast matchmaking.
One solutions could be reducing the number of players per match: 8 vs 8 needs only 16 players.
Or removing mech class from the matchmaking by using drop decks with tonnage limits
ect, ect, ect...

I had not thought of it that way.
It's a real torture for these layers to be deep.
a 2 millimeter progress bar that I look at every day is really bad.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 27 March 2023 - 10:23 AM.

#127 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 05:58 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 27 March 2023 - 06:01 AM, said:

The context I always think of, when people complain about K/D stats, isn't staying alive mid-match, but is often directed at that last 'mech that is combat ineffective, but has run away and/or shut down in some hidey hole, trying to survive to the end of the match to pad their K/D stats

YES!

rather than simply running into the other team to be slaughtered, ending the match so that everyone can go join the next one.

Only if that mech has no guns or ammo left Posted Image

Generally, the victorious team spends anywhere from 2-6 minutes hunting for the last 'mech (depending on how long is left on the timer, and how good the other pilot was at hiding, and how good his teammates are at ratting him out).

These complaints are often also leveled at the last stealth light which is very combat effective, and is usually still actively fighting, but the game is 11-1, so there's no possible way for that 'mech to win.
To me, that's a much muddier situation: when it's me or my teammate, I'm completely in favor of them fighting to the bitter end, getting as much extra damage, or even an extra kill or two, before being tracked down and obliterated.
When you're on the winning team in that stomp, it gets irritating not knowing where the last guy is, often because you don't know if they're hiding, or still up and fighting and just under stealth armor.

You can usually just ask someone in the other team and they will tell you if it's an AFK Player or one actually trying to do something effective with a chance for his teammates to get some extra Assists/Most Damage Kills/etc. Posted Image

And I don't mind being in the winning team in such a situation, but when I see someone ONLY running away or even running Out of Bounds on purpose then I would seriously like to see that player BANNED for at least 1 month! Posted Image

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 27 March 2023 - 10:22 AM, said:

I had not thought of it that way.
It's a real torture for these layers to be deep.
a 2 millimeter progress bar that I look at every day is really bad.

Losing teams my guy...

Losing teams EVERYWHERE!!! :(

Edited by Roodkapje, 28 March 2023 - 05:59 AM.

#128 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 01:44 AM

Preposterous rebrand. I quit.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users