Operation Widowmaker April Free Mech Event

95 replies to this topic

#21 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 07 April 2023 - 07:39 PM

View PostAufelir, on 07 April 2023 - 04:56 PM, said:

However, I've completed all unlocks, but haven't been attributed the "PC GAMER" colors. Is that placeholder text or did someone do an oopsie?

View PostCh0c0L4t3m1Lk, on 07 April 2023 - 06:13 PM, said:

yeah im not showing any of the colors either. its been a couple hours since i unlocked and i relogged 2x. is it a decal of a color or something maybe?

View PostSolomon Birch, on 07 April 2023 - 06:27 PM, said:

I was just stopping in to see if anyone else didn't get the colour unlocks. Same here.

Hello to all three of you... :huh:

Out of curiosity, did each of you Redeem those items via the Website pages? Or did you use the In-Game Event Browser to grab those Rewards for your enjoyment? It so happens that there is a long-standing Bug which can trigger if you try using the Website pages to do the Reward Redeems and can cause your earnings to get lost in limbo for up to a few days. You may even have to Contact MWO Support (using the E-Mail on this MWO Official Website's Support pages, of course) in order to get those troublesome issues fixed. Always use the In-Game Event Browser if you wish to have the best chance of avoiding these issues in the future. That said, if you did use the In-Game Event Browser already, you already re-tried logging into the game, and you're still having this issue, then there is a major mess-up on PGI's end which is causing serious havoc. :o

~D. V. "pointing out the Website Event Redeems Bug once again in April 2023 for people to know about" Devnull

#22 Aufelir

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 April 2023 - 08:11 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 07 April 2023 - 07:39 PM, said:

Hello to all three of you... Posted Image

Out of curiosity, did each of you Redeem those items via the Website pages? Or did you use the In-Game Event Browser to grab those Rewards for your enjoyment? It so happens that there is a long-standing Bug which can trigger if you try using the Website pages to do the Reward Redeems and can cause your earnings to get lost in limbo for up to a few days. You may even have to Contact MWO Support (using the E-Mail on this MWO Official Website's Support pages, of course) in order to get those troublesome issues fixed. Always use the In-Game Event Browser if you wish to have the best chance of avoiding these issues in the future. That said, if you did use the In-Game Event Browser already, you already re-tried logging into the game, and you're still having this issue, then there is a major mess-up on PGI's end which is causing serious havoc. Posted Image

~D. V. "pointing out the Website Event Redeems Bug once again in April 2023 for people to know about" Devnull

Thanks for the info! I did claim on the website. I'll try restarting the game once more. See you on the battlefield! o7

#23 Ch0c0L4t3m1Lk

• PipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 April 2023 - 08:32 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 07 April 2023 - 07:39 PM, said:

Hello to all three of you... Posted Image

Out of curiosity, did each of you Redeem those items via the Website pages? Or did you use the In-Game Event Browser to grab those Rewards for your enjoyment? It so happens that there is a long-standing Bug which can trigger if you try using the Website pages to do the Reward Redeems and can cause your earnings to get lost in limbo for up to a few days. You may even have to Contact MWO Support (using the E-Mail on this MWO Official Website's Support pages, of course) in order to get those troublesome issues fixed. Always use the In-Game Event Browser if you wish to have the best chance of avoiding these issues in the future. That said, if you did use the In-Game Event Browser already, you already re-tried logging into the game, and you're still having this issue, then there is a major mess-up on PGI's end which is causing serious havoc. Posted Image

i redeemed in game.

#24 utontihso

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 April 2023 - 08:43 PM

no new colors for me either

#25 Threefold Serpent

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2023 - 10:02 PM

It looks like there's some kind of error here. Looking through all the colors in the game, I didn't see any color in the name of which would be "PC GAMER".

#26 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 07 April 2023 - 10:04 PM

View PostThreefold Serpent, on 07 April 2023 - 10:02 PM, said:

It looks like there's some kind of error here. Looking through all the colors in the game, I didn't see any color in the name of which would be "PC GAMER".

They are probably limited run colors from the PC Gamer MWO special that happened a while back.

#27 Alfred Bester

• Pip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 April 2023 - 10:08 PM

Thanks for the great event and the great mech.

But I redeemed the colours in game and didn't get them either.

#28 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 07 April 2023 - 10:57 PM

Confirmed. No colors given.

After tonight, I'm kind of ******* pissed about this. That much ******* misery for a bit of MC and colors that don't exist? I already had a Black Widow. I have better camo patterns than this.

Can you stop screwing up for one goddamn month? Are you even capable of that? I'm done with assuming you're trying. I'm done with giving anyone any damned benefit of the ******* doubt. I don't believe for an iotasecond you have any plan or intention to meaningfully improve the game or anything in it anymore. This is some kind of funny ******* joke to you. Spent all night getting fed to your **** matchmaker for ******* absolutely nothing worth that time. Your game isn't ******* fun, and you ******* made it that way on purpose. It's like you went out of your way to make this game feel like a damn job complete with metrics to chase after, performance evaluations, mind numbingly repetitive tasks, vacations from the grind that never last long enough and workplace slapfights. ******* hell. Make a "Hang In There!" hanging cockpit item and one of those little desk toys with suspended steel bearings, a warhorn that plays elevator muzak at this point.

Edited by the check engine light, 08 April 2023 - 12:09 AM.

#29 Lord Gunga Din

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2023 - 02:10 AM

No colors showing up makes for sad panda.

The mech is great though and am enjoying it quite well like this.

whm-bw

#30 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 08 April 2023 - 04:09 AM

No colors rewarded. Both I and a friend unlocked 100% of the rewards, neither one of us got the colors.

#31 Solomon Birch

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 08 April 2023 - 04:30 AM

I redeemed in game. This isn't my first drop. Posted Image

#32 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 08 April 2023 - 05:09 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 07 April 2023 - 10:57 PM, said:

I don't believe for an iotasecond you have any plan or intention to meaningfully improve the game or anything in it anymore.

They've made it pretty clear that they are only going to be adding "legendary" mechs w/battle pass, maybe some new weapons/equipment (if they don't require actual programming) and possibly a few new maps with rehashed assets - though this is debatable given how much whining people did instead of learning how to play the new map they just released.

I'm not sure why you always seem so mad that they aren't improving/developing the game when its been basically in standby for at least half or of its life and they've stated multiple times recently that they aren't going to be putting any more non-divided resources into it. Just enjoy it for what it is, or find something less frustrating for yourself to do.

#33 CamLMC

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 08 April 2023 - 08:10 AM

loving the events! keep em coming!

#34 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 April 2023 - 08:25 AM

I got the mech bay, but not the black widow mech. I redeemed via the web page and everything hit fine util the mech.

ETA: Logging out of the game and website and restarting and the mech showed up.

Edited by Mechsniper, 08 April 2023 - 11:21 AM.

#35 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 08 April 2023 - 10:00 AM

View Postsycocys, on 08 April 2023 - 05:09 AM, said:

They've made it pretty clear that they are only going to be adding "legendary" mechs w/battle pass, maybe some new weapons/equipment (if they don't require actual programming) and possibly a few new maps with rehashed assets - though this is debatable given how much whining people did instead of learning how to play the new map they just released.

I'm not sure why you always seem so mad that they aren't improving/developing the game when its been basically in standby for at least half or of its life and they've stated multiple times recently that they aren't going to be putting any more non-divided resources into it. Just enjoy it for what it is, or find something less frustrating for yourself to do.

There's nothing here for me. No change in loadout, approach or anything else changes the way the game feels. It's a closed loop that feels more like an imposition and a job where the only indication of any sort of progress is a PSR rating and MS average that is completely unreflective of how enjoyable it is. Any sense that this is enjoyable is fleeting, washed away in the very next match. There's practically nothing new or interesting to discover and learn, you're only ever retreading ground that has been thoroughly traveled many times before. There's no novelty, there's no sense of wanting to be a part of anything, you just show up, roll the dice a few times, maybe get some tchotchkes for showing up to give other players who couldn't possibly care less anyway the same experience. There's no sense of "my presence made a difference" or "I am getting somewhere" or anything but a stifling sense of tedium and a constant underlying frustration with the sensation of being completely without aim or direction.

This is a Skinner Box, replete with no actual visible correlation between input and stimulus, nothing but the button you mash because you think this time will be when the food pellet comes out. It's a Skinner Box and that's exactly what it was designed to be.

#36 Thrad Nevar

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2023 - 11:10 AM

Yo is anyone else having problems with the paints not appearing? I've almost finished the event and 2 of my colors aren't showing up.

#37 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 April 2023 - 11:22 AM

Logging in and out of the website and game and the mech shows up if you used the website redeem.

#38 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 08 April 2023 - 11:57 AM

We are aware of issues with the colors included in this event, and we will fix the issue ASAP this week.

#39 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 08 April 2023 - 05:45 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 08 April 2023 - 10:00 AM, said:

snip - you clearly not enjoying still playing the game

You basically summed up a great argument for yourself to find another game to play that you might enjoy more.

It's okay to play other games.

#40 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 08 April 2023 - 07:02 PM

yes the colors did not come :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic