Operation Widowmaker April Free Mech Event

95 replies to this topic

#41 Lord Gunga Din

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2023 - 09:20 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 08 April 2023 - 11:57 AM, said:

We are aware of issues with the colors included in this event, and we will fix the issue ASAP this week.

Thanks for the heads up! Posted Image

#42 Razgriz_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 08 April 2023 - 11:01 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 07 April 2023 - 10:57 PM, said:

Confirmed. No colors given.

After tonight, I'm kind of ******* pissed about this. That much ******* misery for a bit of MC and colors that don't exist? I already had a Black Widow. I have better camo patterns than this.

Can you stop screwing up for one goddamn month? Are you even capable of that? I'm done with assuming you're trying. I'm done with giving anyone any damned benefit of the ******* doubt. I don't believe for an iotasecond you have any plan or intention to meaningfully improve the game or anything in it anymore. This is some kind of funny ******* joke to you. Spent all night getting fed to your **** matchmaker for ******* absolutely nothing worth that time. Your game isn't ******* fun, and you ******* made it that way on purpose. It's like you went out of your way to make this game feel like a damn job complete with metrics to chase after, performance evaluations, mind numbingly repetitive tasks, vacations from the grind that never last long enough and workplace slapfights. ******* hell. Make a "Hang In There!" hanging cockpit item and one of those little desk toys with suspended steel bearings, a warhorn that plays elevator muzak at this point.

Bruh, touch grass. Two FREE hero mechs in a month along with 300 loot bags and you're crying about it?

#43 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 09 April 2023 - 02:27 AM

View PostOrion_, on 08 April 2023 - 11:01 PM, said:

Bruh, touch grass. Two FREE hero mechs in a month along with 300 loot bags and you're crying about it?

It's a free to play game, he seems... awkwardly invested in it.

As I said about last month's mech, not worth the grind, so I played something else. I did the Black widow today largely in a lot of really bad builds and meme mechs and now unless some interesting event queue comes, that's me done until next month. No point getting emotional.

#44 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,422 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 09 April 2023 - 03:48 AM

+1
Even if one could not finish the 30,000 match points to get that free March hero mech, one would still get lots of loot bags ;)

View Postcrazytimes, on 09 April 2023 - 02:27 AM, said:

...As I said about last month's mech, not worth the grind, so I played something else. I did the Black widow today largely in a lot of really bad builds and meme mechs and now unless some interesting event queue comes, that's me done until next month. No point getting emotional.

#45 Storky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 905 posts

Posted 09 April 2023 - 07:41 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 08 April 2023 - 07:02 PM, said:

yes the colors did not come Posted Image

Yes, colors did not come, PGI plz fix, thx for the generous event, tho.

#46 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 09 April 2023 - 12:51 PM

View PostOrion_, on 08 April 2023 - 11:01 PM, said:

Freebies that don't really do anything for making the gameplay loop more enjoyable. The paints were the most interesting thing there for me.

View Postsycocys, on 08 April 2023 - 05:45 PM, said:

You basically summed up a great argument for yourself to find another game to play that you might enjoy more.

It's okay to play other games.

Can't really disagree with that sentiment anymore.

View Postcrazytimes, on 09 April 2023 - 02:27 AM, said:

It's a free to play game, he seems... awkwardly invested in it.

As I said about last month's mech, not worth the grind, so I played something else. I did the Black widow today largely in a lot of really bad builds and meme mechs and now unless some interesting event queue comes, that's me done until next month. No point getting emotional.

It feels like it could have been worth the while at some point. That point is apparently long past, and I likely missed it. C'est la vie.

#47 DeusEx87

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2023 - 01:00 PM

I unlocked the camo pattern and the 3 colors, but it seems I cannot find them anywhere. Any suggestions?

#48 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 09 April 2023 - 03:02 PM

View PostMechsniper, on 08 April 2023 - 11:22 AM, said:

Logging in and out of the website and game and the mech shows up if you used the website redeem.

The craziest way to trigger redemption injection is play a match. In fact- if you're super quick on the draw, you can finish a match, refresh the website, redeem, and receive rewards immediately as the mechlab loads. If you're a bit slower, play another match.

#49 DrudgenautXIV

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2023 - 05:11 PM

View PostAufelir, on 07 April 2023 - 04:56 PM, said:

Thanks for the event and the free 'mech!

However, I've completed all unlocks, but haven't been attributed the "PC GAMER" colors. Is that placeholder text or did someone do an oopsie?

same here

#50 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 10 April 2023 - 12:12 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 09 April 2023 - 12:51 PM, said:

Freebies that don't really do anything for making the gameplay loop more enjoyable. The paints were the most interesting thing there for me.

While I think you're right, tbf this game has really good underlying gameplay. Sucks a little though that QP is 12v12 and so the average player gets to have little impact, I can barely get myself to play it nowadays. ._.

#51 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 April 2023 - 02:24 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 10 April 2023 - 12:22 AM, said:

Average player here.
I don't want to have "more impact". I don't want to "hard carry". I want to have a fun match with lots of battlemechs on the field, not only 16 like in a comp match. I also don't want to have some potatoes dragging the team down so much that it's an auto loss, because it's impossible compensate for them, nor do I want to watch a 99% player solo carry the match. The more players the less good or bad players have an impact and the more even the matches.
As an average player I rather want 16v16 than 8v8.

On most maps i would disagree. But on certain maps like Terra Crucible or polish highland you can make it 22 vs. 22 for more fun^^

Edited by The Chancelor, 10 April 2023 - 02:25 AM.

#52 Storky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 905 posts

Posted 10 April 2023 - 04:15 AM

Seems there are no 'gamer' titled colors at all

#53 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 10 April 2023 - 07:20 AM

Ooookay...

This is the very first event-prize mech I won within a single day...
I wonder if this would be the normal or just had some fAtlas-sized luck?!

#54 RogoRogo Wolf

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 10 April 2023 - 08:26 AM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 08 April 2023 - 11:57 AM, said:

We are aware of issues with the colors included in this event, and we will fix the issue ASAP this week.

there is also an issue with the mech redemption.
I got the April event mech (redeemed via Website), yet never an ingame-redeem message (blue box) for either the mech or the mechbay.
When looking at the store page (ingame), it even says "owned 1" for the WHM-BW (if that is the correct acronym, I am typing from memory) - but in my "heavies" tab there is no WARHAMMER-chassis collapsible and no WHM Black Widow.

The Stormcrow Laceratus event mech did show up without fanfare.

The (seemingly) "usual" steps of logging out of the website, logging back in, restarting game aso have not resolved the issue.
Not a problem per se but for a product this old something like this should not be happening (altough tbf the codebase is what it is, and nothing can be done about that).

#55 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 10 April 2023 - 08:34 AM

View PostLord Gunga Din, on 08 April 2023 - 02:10 AM, said:

The mech is great though and am enjoying it quite well like this.

whm-bw

Thanks for the inspiration! Posted Image

I have no idea what to do with this mech other than keep it stock, but that wouldn't work for sure! Posted Image

View Postsycocys, on 08 April 2023 - 05:09 AM, said:

possibly a few new maps with rehashed assets - though this is debatable given how much whining people did instead of learning how to play the new map they just released.

The map is simply horrible because of the color scheme and many small obstacles that can block you while moving and particular while reversing or moving around in a smaller mech, although even Assault mechs can get blocked sometimes!

I have made a thread about cleaning up all maps, but no one seems to care or see the same issue as I do : https://mwomercs.com...ff-on-all-maps/

IMHO 100% BAD MAP DESIGN!!! Posted Image

View PostLockheed_, on 10 April 2023 - 12:22 AM, said:

Average player here.

- I don't want to have "more impact". I don't want to "hard carry".

- I want to have a fun match with lots of battlemechs on the field, not only 16 like in a comp match.

- I also don't want to have some potatoes dragging the team down so much that it's an auto loss, because it's impossible compensate for them.

- Nor do I want to watch a 99% player solo carry the match.

- The more players the less good or bad players have an impact and the more even the matches.

- As an average player I rather want 16v16 than 8v8.

Those things conflict with each other sadly :

- Most people playing for FUN have POTATO LOADOUTS.

- Currently it's pretty much impossible to have a good competitive game where the final score is 12-9 or 9-12 or even around 12-8 or 8-12 or better!
It's all stomp or get stomped because of players only camping and LURMing all the time or even worse : Running off on their own and getting killed within the first 60 seconds of the match!

- Without those good players doing their best for the team you would have A LOT LESS FUN! Posted Image

View PostThe Chancelor, on 10 April 2023 - 02:24 AM, said:

On most maps i would disagree. But on certain maps like Terra Crucible or polish highland you can make it 22 vs. 22 for more fun ^^

View PostLockheed_, on 10 April 2023 - 03:50 AM, said:

yes the smaller maps are an issue. I agree, but I am an advocate for large maps anyway. You could totally do at least 16v16 or maybe even 22v22 on Polar, Forest Colony, Frozen City, Alpine, Terra Therma, etc

I have played other games where you simply could choose the map size and the amount of players :
- Map X has room for 16 players.
- Map Y has room for 32 players.
- Map Z has room for 64 players.

So it should be doable! Posted Image

View PostDuke Falcon, on 10 April 2023 - 07:20 AM, said:

Ooookay...

This is the very first event-prize mech I won within a single day...
I wonder if this would be the normal or just had some fAtlas-sized luck?!

Sometimes you have good days and sometimes you have horrible stomp after stomp in a n00b Team days... Posted Image

View PostRogoRogo Wolf, on 10 April 2023 - 08:26 AM, said:

there is also an issue with the mech redemption.
I got the April event mech (redeemed via Website), yet never an ingame-redeem message (blue box) for either the mech or the mechbay.
When looking at the store page (ingame), it even says "owned 1" for the WHM-BW (if that is the correct acronym, I am typing from memory) - but in my "heavies" tab there is no WARHAMMER-chassis collapsible and no WHM Black Widow.

The Stormcrow Laceratus event mech did show up without fanfare.

The (seemingly) "usual" steps of logging out of the website, logging back in, restarting game aso have not resolved the issue.
Not a problem per se but for a product this old something like this should not be happening (altough tbf the codebase is what it is, and nothing can be done about that).

- Only redeem Lootbags or similar items via the website!
- Everything else like Mechs/Colors/etc. should be redeemed via the ingame Event browser/viewer thingy!

Edited by Roodkapje, 10 April 2023 - 08:37 AM.

#56 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 April 2023 - 09:48 AM

We've sorted the color issue. Turns out the PC Gamer colors won't show up unless you have the PC Gamer pattern, so we've added the pattern to the rewards! We're also adding the pattern retroactively to all those who have already completed that step.

#57 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 10 April 2023 - 10:44 AM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 10 April 2023 - 09:48 AM, said:

We've sorted the color issue. Turns out the PC Gamer colors won't show up unless you have the PC Gamer pattern, so we've added the pattern to the rewards! We're also adding the pattern retroactively to all those who have already completed that step.

I have redeemed the PC Gamer camo pattern on the Event page ...
Posted Image

... but it does not show up for me in the "Owned patterns" section in my Mechlab.
Posted Image

Is there some additional step that I am supposed to make?

#58 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,422 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 10 April 2023 - 10:48 AM

Wow, that's two free Camos for April !!

~Woodland Camo for WHM-BW (seems to be a chassis-wide unlock by the way).

~PC Gamer Camo unlock for only on these eight (8) chassis and all its variants:
Commando, Jenner, Hunchback, Centurion, Catapult, Dragon, Awesome and Atlas.

~Update: PC Gamer Camo also works on Founder Mechs!

~3x PC Gamer Colors (PC Gamer Red, PC Gamer Black, PC Gamer Gray)

Thank you, MWO for your generosity !!! Posted Image

Edited by w0qj, 28 April 2023 - 05:26 AM.

#59 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 April 2023 - 12:08 PM

View Postmartian, on 10 April 2023 - 10:44 AM, said:

I have redeemed the PC Gamer camo pattern on the Event page ...
Posted Image

... but it does not show up for me in the "Owned patterns" section in my Mechlab.
Posted Image

Is there some additional step that I am supposed to make?

While you're unable to use the PC Gamer pattern on your Warhammer, can you confirm that the PC Gamer colors are now available to you?

#60 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 10 April 2023 - 12:24 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 10 April 2023 - 12:08 PM, said:

While you're unable to use the PC Gamer pattern on your Warhammer, can you confirm that the PC Gamer colors are now available to you?

Yes, I have redeemed those three colours and they are available to me in my Mechlab.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users