316 replies to this topic

#21 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 669 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 06:40 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 14 April 2023 - 06:07 PM, said:

Then they should have fixed it before i bought the mech not after paying $30 USd for 2 mechs ETC. I don't mind but i don't like paying for a mech and have it nerfed in 1 week.

why? presumably you bought it without looking at the specs, or the announcement post, or any discussion about it from those who did. in which case, it could just as well have had the actuators from the beginning and you would have purchased it all the same. it's either that or you bought it with the knowledge that it was going to be changed and still decided to get upset about it when it inevitably happened.

if you're so stubborn that you refuse to even try another build on it, you may see about getting a refund. i wouldn't count on it, but some people have been successful in the past.

#22 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 06:40 PM

FYI "drop decks" in quickplay may only mean Respawning 4 times in the same mech.
Or it may mean bringing in 4 mechs and only choosing one.
or it may be like Faction play.
We are not sure exactly how it will be implemented at this time as it would be "mode" dependent and modes are voted on.

We will do our best to keep you informed.

#23 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 April 2023 - 06:43 PM

I partially like the changes to coliseum. Swapping out the trees with a solid structure was a good move, but all the dragon's teeth will cause everyone to get stuck all the time, ruining navigation. More cover is good but those are too small to provide cover. It does break up the colors, so I appreciate that a little. I think this will have to be adjusted again in the future.

The scattershot seems interesting. Crazy fast firing, but spread is crazy too--that's really the outlier quirk.

The changes to BAP makes the IS version straight up superior to the clan version. For the clan version, as I recall, it only counters ECM of the enemy you have target locked, not the closest enemy! So if you aren't locked on a mech with ECM, you aren't countering it. You have to micromanage Clan AP, but not IS BAP for now the same cost.

#24 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 14 April 2023 - 06:45 PM

Hope we can choose the machine we want.
I don't want to travel on a small map with sniper weapons.
this completely disables me.

or light mechs are bad on a big map.

#25 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 14 April 2023 - 06:48 PM

A Heavy Large Laser build on a hot map is what I hate the most.

#26 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 April 2023 - 06:52 PM

I'd be interested in variations to the existing game modes. Like Domination but the center area has walls around it from Incursion. You have some cover initially once you get inside, but only at first. Could be something to test in Event Queue first and maybe port back to QP. Some twists or changes on existing modes that are relatively small like that but add a new strategic angle could breath some fresh air into the game. And they could co-exist with our current modes and basically act as random(ish?) variations. The maps might have to be adjusted for it. Other ideas--bring the jammers from VIP into a skirmish mode to cover the majority of the map. You can destroy them if you think it's better for you tactically. I'd also like to see other modes with other strategic elements that might be helpful if you control them but you don't have to. If this is paired with some kind of respawn or drop deck, it could really change up the gameplay and make matches more dynamic.

#27 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 14 April 2023 - 07:02 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 14 April 2023 - 06:40 PM, said:

FYI "drop decks" in quickplay may only mean Respawning 4 times in the same mech.
We are not sure exactly how it will be implemented at this time as it would be "mode" dependent and modes are voted on.

A limited number of reepawns sounds fun and fine but what i'd like to suggest is this

you get to choose four mechs in a drop deck when game launches you pick one of the four you may only use that mech 4 times...

#28 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 April 2023 - 07:12 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 14 April 2023 - 06:40 PM, said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt I don't understand why you don't just fix the game modes you already have in the game? Faction Play could be fixed by more faction rewards C-bills and a bracket system to balance team game play and Faction events. Solaris could be fixed by making it light Vs light,medium Vs medium, Heavy Vs Heavy, Assault Vs assault, And a round robin mode any mech goes for a championship mode? Scouting mode same but more rewards, and a 8v8 team only mode, and put solo quick play back to the way it was originally intended to be just fun fast 12v12 solo players having fun? Rather than adding everything into solo quick play?

Edited by KingCobra, 14 April 2023 - 07:13 PM.

#29 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 669 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 07:13 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 14 April 2023 - 06:48 PM, said:

To be fair it was done really poorly. No customer should have to go through the entire post again to see if possibly the offer has been changed before they buy. It was neither a new announcement on the website nor was the information in the store. That's where it should have been.
Only thing that's on the OP is that they didn't just ask for a refund after the offer was changed instead of complaining.

fair enough. the information had already been updated by the time i saw the announcement post, so i assumed that PGI was aware of the issue from the beginning. my apologies to kingcobra in that case.

#30 DucPilot

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 07:20 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 14 April 2023 - 06:22 PM, said:

1. I don't want the game to be more strategic and complex. I want some easy, dumb, fast, fun QP to relax. If I wanted more I'd be playing FP or Comp.
2. I play the game by picking the mech I feel like playing. Map choice is secondary and not nearly as important as what mech I play. I'd probably just put the mech I want in the dropdeck and just play that.
3. If I feel like playing a mech that's a brawler, I am gonna pick that brawler and then if Alpine comes up that's what I'm gonna vote that because I love the map and then I embrace having to find a way to make the brawler work and that is actually fun for me.
4. I don't want people to pick the mechs specialized for the map. That is boring AF. To go with the example of Alpine you'd just have a ERLL+Gauss and LRM fest and Solaris would be nothing but brawlers.
5. drop deck also possibly means more than one drop. I can't stand having long matches and having to go through several mechs. That's why I don't touch EQ or FP.

Drop decks bring everything to MWO QP that I am glad died with MW4 or so far has stayed in EQ, FP and Comp.

Agreed, QP should be simple and not require multiple drops like FP or Comp. However, I do believe that many would like to pick what mech to play based on what map was voted on. If that means long range mechs on Alpine, or all brawlers on Solaris, so be it. No one should stop you (as you pointed out) from choosing what mech YOU want to play. It's just that time and time again team balance is ruined because one team happened to have more players with the appropriate mech (by pure chance) for the chosen map than the other team. Being able to choose what mech you want to bring AFTER the map has been voted on removes the not having the right mech for the map excuse. Anyways, that is my two cents. Feel free to disagree, but lets at least be constructive so that PGI can make the best decision.

#31 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 April 2023 - 07:21 PM

View Postcougurt, on 14 April 2023 - 07:13 PM, said:

fair enough. the information had already been updated by the time i saw the announcement post, so i assumed that PGI was aware of the issue from the beginning. my apologies to kingcobra in that case.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks man I really don't see the big deal of just adding back in the 2 slots ? its not like I want my money back or resent my purchase of the 2 mechs its just like 6 load-outs that i made did well not overpowered in any way and were fun to play with out the 2 slots many of the load-outs don't have enough ammo to make it 1/2 way through a match. The Moonwalker even with the 2 extra slots was still did not have enough ammo without compromising so much armor it was just a glass cannon.

Edited by KingCobra, 14 April 2023 - 07:22 PM.

#32 Vorpal Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 07:29 PM

Well, looks like the Vulcan -5S just got slapped all the way into the back of the mech bay. Good-bye, old friend.

#33 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 669 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 07:51 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 14 April 2023 - 07:21 PM, said:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks man I really don't see the big deal of just adding back in the 2 slots ? its not like I want my money back or resent my purchase of the 2 mechs its just like 6 load-outs that i made did well not overpowered in any way and were fun to play with out the 2 slots many of the load-outs don't have enough ammo to make it 1/2 way through a match. The Moonwalker even with the 2 extra slots was still did not have enough ammo without compromising so much armor it was just a glass cannon.

the main concern is the 5x AC10 build, which was most definitely on the OP side. it is unfortunate that some less problematic builds were hurt by the change, but it can still fit a number of strong loadouts. you should check out some of the builds for it on grimmechs, you'll hopefully find at least one that you enjoy.

#34 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 08:06 PM

View Postcougurt, on 14 April 2023 - 07:51 PM, said:

the main concern is the 5x AC10 build, which was most definitely on the OP side. it is unfortunate that some less problematic builds were hurt by the change, but it can still fit a number of strong loadouts. you should check out some of the builds for it on grimmechs, you'll hopefully find at least one that you enjoy.
i kept mine fairly stock dropping an ac2..

#35 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 April 2023 - 08:07 PM

View Postcougurt, on 14 April 2023 - 07:51 PM, said:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hailz cougurt Will check them out :) See you on the Battle Field Mechwarrior.

#36 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 08:16 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 14 April 2023 - 08:11 PM, said:

There's really nothing to disagree about. I'm not talking about what is better for the game or other generalized ideas that could be subject to debate. I am just talking about personal preference and what I do not want in the game and will not play.
personal preference doesn't matter in this game....

#37 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 09:11 PM

View PostMokkor, on 14 April 2023 - 04:19 PM, said:

What's the "unique outlier" quirk on Dreadnought and Juggernaught?
Scattershot has no JJ shake, although it's not unique and present on Heavy Metal Highlander and Moonwalker has reverse speed increased.

Apparently the jugs thing is the masc

#38 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 09:14 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 14 April 2023 - 04:47 PM, said:

oh no…
more heavy handed changes and with no sense of environmental design I suppose?
not looking forward to that.

pls no.
drop decks is the last thing I want in QP.

So Clan legendaries are pretty much just some form of hard point inflation?
The outlier quirk feels as boring as the one on the Juggernaut. not really an outlier either.

The "unique" JJ quirk on the Shadowhawk is not unique if you didn't decide to remove it on the Heavy Metal. But at least it's something good.

The camo patterns on the legendaries look a bit better this round but still nothing that is worthy of "legendary".
Have you considered recoloring the cockpit windows on legendaries? Like on some of the loyalty mechs?
The ones with the bronze hexagonal pattern have an amazing looking gradient and the Centurion has red windows. The Centurion red on the Marauder would look incredible and definitely make it look more legendary looking.

I wish we would get more or less finished maps, or at least a PTS and did not have to playtest maps on live. Nothing against tweaks like on Vale, but the more drastic changes start to get annoying. Looking at you Caustic and Crucible.

I can't really get myself to play much anymore already, but when drop decks make it to QP that's gonna be my cue to leave.

Look closely at the real quirks of the scatter

#39 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 733 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 14 April 2023 - 09:19 PM

Where is the Outlier quirk I was promised on a dev vlog weeks ago for the legendary Fafnir I bought last month?

On another note, the change to IS BAP is great. I might actually be able to fit it in more than the single mech I currently have it on.

Edited by PraetorGix, 14 April 2023 - 09:23 PM.

#40 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 09:20 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 14 April 2023 - 05:12 PM, said:

Im too pissed off to buy anymore Legendary mechs when you took away 2 slots for arm actuators it ruined the load-outs i liked the most on the Moonwalker you could have added the actuators and just left the slots the same as when i bought the mech. The Moonwalker was not overpowered and i don't appreciate paying $15 USD and a week later it gets nerfed.

So now it sits in my mechbay as a invalid load-out and that's where it will stay until you UN-NERF it.

Lmfao, it wasn't a nerf, it was SUPPOSED TO HAVE THEM from the beginning. It was very overpowered, rather TOO OP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users