• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 May 2023 - 09:22 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 19 May 2023 - 07:54 AM, said:

What does camo have to do with maps Posted Image.. well most maps Posted Image ?? When the new map went live, the camo for quite a few mechs certainly made them stay out, very easy to spot, being all bright colors, especially yellow!!. As for weapons, would a sniper be equipped with ONLY a rifle?....

What I mean by camouflage is the temperature. But since you want to address this topic, yes, camouflage provides benefits. However, you can still be noticed. But the priority is not to be targeted. I don't have to use it just because they painted it yellow :)

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 19 May 2023 - 09:13 AM, said:

Posted Image

How optimistic you are! How beautifully you give morale. Posted Image

What does camo have to do with maps Posted Image.. well most maps Posted Image ?? When the new map went live, the camo for quite a few mechs certainly made them stay out, very easy to spot, being all bright colors, especially yellow!!. As for weapons, would a sniper be equipped with ONLY a rifle?....

You can use complex builds, but I prefer not to. I think they are too weak

#302 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 May 2023 - 09:32 AM

Are you attacking me just because I expressed my complaint and pointed out the flaws? Do you ever run into a ridiculous map with a ridiculous weapon? Am I the only one bothered by it?

#303 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 19 May 2023 - 09:47 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 18 May 2023 - 10:58 PM, said:

I were an officer once. Issued to command others, something I disliked. No more and often want to deny and forget the whole thing...
What you mentioned is a general thing. But in reality everything could and would change no matter what you were prepared! In times of war even more. It is not uncommon that the "prepared" troops must face something different they were prepared.
Therefore on the actual battlefield the doctrine: Think. Overcome. Adapt.
Or fail and die.
Prepare is a thing. But reality is just way to random. To many variables. And 99% of people are not capable to being a "Mentat".

As for the summer uniform in snow: Operation Barbarossa. So yeah, that is histroy, still. And yes, it could snow in summertime albeit rarely. But considering how start our weather go astray, well, regular seasons would cease to exists and we all - civilians to - must follow that: Think. Overcome. Adapt.

And I understand the troubles of patience. Some maps are trash. Sometimes team goes zum-zum to. Stomps in a row happens even if it not healthy for mental sanity on a short run. But QP is at least easier because you more-or-less face opponents from your level. EQ or FP are different because no tier-based MM exists. Try some FP, facing enemies far over your skills (sometimes even your teammates would alpha you if do something terrible insane). Help to expand the treshold of patience (not to mention the average 20+ waiting times in the queue for a match).

But you are right. MWO sometimes punishing. Not sure if QP drop-decks (if it were not a hoax there is absolutely no reason not to introduce them with the May patch) would help on that or not but may grant some "maneuvering space"...

S**t I am way to tired. Sane thoughts endured that far so I better finish this before I go to troll like usually...

Tired or not, you are correct. Some players will fail and their brain will try to cope by finding reasons for why they failed.. other than looking within. The true warrior yearns for these challenges bec it's an honest way to prove their worth to others AND to themselves.

Doing well on a map when you have the optimal build for it.. meh, who really cares, bec you're expected to do well. But do well in less than optimal conditions (wrong map, super-hot build with high alpha, or in any NON-meta build, etc).. well NOW you are entering true mech-WARRIOR status.

There are def ways to adapt when you find yourself on a less than ideal map. Sometimes you'll require patience in a brawl build, staying low and out of sight, saving your armour until the right moment to strike.. then it will be glorious. If you're a sniper on a brawl map.. use the mini-map and STICK WITH THE TEAM.. and avoid getting singled out. You WILL get your damage in.

A win is never guaranteed, NEVER.. but, unless your team folds within a couple minutes, there's always a way to do your part, soldier.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 19 May 2023 - 09:53 AM.

#304 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 19 May 2023 - 10:11 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 19 May 2023 - 09:32 AM, said:

Are you attacking me just because I expressed my complaint and pointed out the flaws? Do you ever run into a ridiculous map with a ridiculous weapon? Am I the only one bothered by it?

We're not attacking you, we're trying to HELP you. We're trying the change your perspective.. especially if you're way of thinking in this game is reflected in your real life. The world doesn't adapt to us, and people that demand the world to do so, come off as whiny or entitled.

You do realize that using a strictly LRM boat (as you did in your Orion) is extremely 'situational' right? This means that you will do well, far LESS, than you will do poorly. Many things have to be just right for you to do well in that build. On top of which, LRM's are in a bad spot in the game atm. But if you insist on taking a strictly LRM build into a match, make sure it's either MOBILE (80+kph) that can help you ADAPT and get you into the right position (and stay out of trouble), or, it's a HEAVY lrm boat, say LRM 80+.. something that hits hard even if you only get few hits in a match. Hopefully you have the right nodes as well..

We're here to help if you have any questions or worries!

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 19 May 2023 - 10:33 AM.

#305 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 May 2023 - 10:27 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 19 May 2023 - 10:11 AM, said:

We're not attacking you, we're trying to HELP you. We're trying the change your perspective.. especially if you're way of thinking in this game is reflected in your real life. The world doesn't adapt to us, and people that demand the world to do so, come off as whiny or entitled.

You do realize that using a strictly LRM boat (as you did in your Orion) is extremely 'situational' right? This means that you will do well, far LESS, than you will do poorly. Many things have to be just right for you to do well in that build. On top of which, LRM's are in a bad spot in the game atm. But if you insist on taking a strictly LRM build into a match, make sure it's either MOBILE (80+kph) that can help you ADAPT and get you into the right position (and out of trouble), or, it's a HEAVY lrm boat, say LRM 80+.. something that hits hard even if you only get few hits in a match. Hopefully you have the right nodes as well..

We're here to help if you have any questions or worries!

DAEDALOS513, I just gave an example. What I mean is not about using LRM builds comfortably. What I mean is using suitable weapons on appropriate maps. I'm not only bothered by this particular build. There are many builds that I can't use effectively on unsuitable maps.

ELL BUILD AND SOLARIS CITY
ATLAS AND HELLBORE HILLS
LIGHT SRM BUİLDS, MRM BUILDS, AND LONG MAPS
FULL ELL, FULL HVY LAZER BUİLDS AND HOT MAPS
LONG SNIPER MAPS AND AC20, XAC20 BUILDS

I don't know, am I able to explain? I might be able to get a few scors, whether it's low or high. But when there is a better option available, when there is a chance to do better, why would you want the worse or primitive one? I don't understand. Do you all like surprises? I wonder which map will be chosen? So exciting Posted Image

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 19 May 2023 - 10:29 AM.

#306 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 May 2023 - 10:38 AM

When it's like this, you can't utilize the entire team, can you? If I'm at a disadvantage here, the team is losing as well.

What good would it do for the team if I were inside with a weapon I can't use? How would I be beneficial to the team?

#307 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 May 2023 - 10:42 AM

How can I be useful to the team by hiding behind a rock or a building and waiting?

#308 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 19 May 2023 - 10:42 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 19 May 2023 - 10:27 AM, said:

DAEDALOS513, I just gave an example. What I mean is not about using LRM builds comfortably. What I mean is using suitable weapons on appropriate maps. I'm not only bothered by this particular build. There are many builds that I can't use effectively on unsuitable maps.

ATLAS AND HELLBORE HILLS

I don't know, am I able to explain? I might be able to get a few scors, whether it's low or high. But when there is a better option available, when there is a chance to do better, why would you want the worse or primitive one? I don't understand. Do you all like surprises? I wonder which map will be chosen? So exciting Posted Image

You are expressing yourself perfectly, but I think it is you that is not understanding me (us). I am saying you can still do well, even if you do not have the optimal build for a map. You must figure out what to do, to do well. All the examples you give above, you CAN do well with the right positioning and strategy.

Even if you get your way and are allowed to choose a maps/builds, we will start to see nothing but snipers/lermers on long range maps, etc. Everyone will be 'optimal' and this just isn't fun because, variety is what makes the matches interesting. This WILL introduce new problems. Try to think more long-term and less about instant gratification.

I gave some examples above of how to 'adapt..' also.. and I will keep saying this over and over again because the benefits are GREAT.. you can join a unit and drop with unit-mates. This way you can take brawl builds and do far better TOGETHER, than you would have done alone. Brawl is very tricky to make work alone, bec you have to rely on teammates, A LOT.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 19 May 2023 - 10:50 AM.

#309 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 19 May 2023 - 10:46 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 19 May 2023 - 10:42 AM, said:

How can I be useful to the team by hiding behind a rock or a building and waiting?

Eventually the time will come to brawl.. you have to be patient and wait for that moment. The other side will have brawlers as well, that are just as disadvantaged as you. The question comes down to: which side has the brawlers that are wise enough to save their armour for the right moment?

#310 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 May 2023 - 10:54 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 19 May 2023 - 10:46 AM, said:

Eventually the time will come to brawl.. you have to be patient and wait for that moment. The other side will have brawlers as well, that are just as disadvantaged as you. The question comes down to: which side has the brawlers that are wise enough to save their armour for the right moment?

I don't think differently from you. I understand what you're saying. However, what you hope for in theory doesn't come true in practice. As I mentioned, if my weapons are not suitable for that battlefield, the enemy will simply come and kill me. They might kill me early or late, but the outcome remains the same.

#311 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 May 2023 - 10:58 AM

When I do what you suggest, I just become bait. I cease to be an individual.

#312 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 May 2023 - 11:02 AM

What benefit does an injured soldier on the battlefield bring to you?

I think they're just extra weight.

#313 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 May 2023 - 11:12 AM

This is my opinion. I've expressed my thoughts. I've made my suggestion. I've voiced my complaint. Everyone has different thoughts and perspectives, and I respect that. As a final note, I would like to say this: primitiveness is not a good thing. What I want is for everyone to participate in the battle with suitable tools. If someone wants to blindly pick a machine, they can do so. What I want doesn't hinder that.

#314 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 May 2023 - 02:31 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 19 May 2023 - 10:42 AM, said:

You are expressing yourself perfectly, but I think it is you that is not understanding me (us). I am saying you can still do well, even if you do not have the optimal build for a map. You must figure out what to do, to do well. All the examples you give above, you CAN do well with the right positioning and strategy.

Even if you get your way and are allowed to choose a maps/builds, we will start to see nothing but snipers/lermers on long range maps, etc. Everyone will be 'optimal' and this just isn't fun because, variety is what makes the matches interesting. This WILL introduce new problems. Try to think more long-term and less about instant gratification.

I gave some examples above of how to 'adapt..' also.. and I will keep saying this over and over again because the benefits are GREAT.. you can join a unit and drop with unit-mates. This way you can take brawl builds and do far better TOGETHER, than you would have done alone. Brawl is very tricky to make work alone, bec you have to rely on teammates, A LOT.

I left two videos here, I hope you watch them.
When I don't enter a compatible map and when I do, this is the result. You decide. Am I asking for something bad?

#315 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 May 2023 - 02:41 PM

The reason I made this build is because of this small map.

#316 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 20 May 2023 - 03:44 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 18 May 2023 - 08:31 PM, said:

Soldiers prepare according to the region they are going to fight in. Have you ever seen a soldier shooting at an airplane with a pistol?

Try playing the Battlefield games and you will see plenty of those n00bs! Posted Image

View PostDuke Falcon, on 18 May 2023 - 10:58 PM, said:

Some maps are trash.

More than some...

If the devs would join me on our TeamSpeak Server and join me ingame I could show them soo many things that can be improved... Posted Image

Sometimes team goes zum-zum to.

Spread out Team = DEAD TEAM Posted Image

But people still don't seem to understand how important it is to say together/grouped...

QP is at least easier because you more-or-less face opponents from your level. EQ or FP are different because no tier-based MM exists.

You still believe in MM ?!?! Posted Image

What does camo have to do with maps Posted Image.. well most maps Posted Image ??

White Map = White Mech
Annoying Yellow Map = Yellow Mech Posted Image
Green Map = Green Mech
etc...
etc..
etc.

When the new map went live, the camo for quite a few mechs certainly made them stay out, very easy to spot, being all bright colors, especially yellow!!.

Purple Rain... Purple LRM Rain... Posted Image

As for weapons, would a sniper be equipped with ONLY a rifle?....

The best Snipers DON'T CAMP and MOVE WITH THEIR TEAM but I have yet to see one of those in MWO sadly... Posted Image

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 19 May 2023 - 10:27 AM, said:

What I mean is not about using LRM builds comfortably.

Don't LURM bro! Posted Image

Crappy Camper build... Please don't Posted Image

ATLAS AND HELLBORE HILLS

100% P.G.I. Map design issue!

Stay in cover and kick butt when the time is right Posted Image

Hot or Cold Maps = Not that important these days IMHO Posted Image

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 19 May 2023 - 10:42 AM, said:

Because a DEAD TEAM can't WIN Posted Image

Also :

Stop stressing out because of a game soo much!
Just stop playing for a couple of days or weeks and come back when you feel like you are missing the game again and feel actually excited about playing a couple of hours/days again Posted Image

Edited by Roodkapje, 20 May 2023 - 03:46 AM.

#317 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 20 May 2023 - 03:53 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 20 May 2023 - 03:44 AM, said:

Spread out Team = DEAD TEAM Posted Image

But people still don't seem to understand how important it is to say together/grouped...

It depends.
In a brawl, sure, you stay together. But if you engage at range, it's actually better to be a bit spread out in order to, while being able to cover each other, attack from different angles and deny the enemy cover, taking them in cross-fire.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users