#281 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 01 May 2023 - 10:49 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 01 May 2023 - 10:06 AM, said:

All I see is a Matchmaker and PSR system that has horribly FAILED!!! Posted Image

When did MM and PSR system ever work?

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 01 May 2023 - 10:50 AM.

#282 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 01 May 2023 - 11:17 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 27 April 2023 - 04:43 PM, said:

Yes, sure. It took some time to look for this news, but I still found it.
https://mwomercs.com...es-4-week-test/
The test queue merging happened actually in the last three days of April. And the growth in the number of players began in March 2020 - two months before.

Sorry dude, I edited the message to you on the same day (Apr 26) when I found it myself and included the link.. wish I coulda saved you that time bec I know how hard it was to find..

Also, as I've stated, I'm not about to delve into the past and rehash all this all over again, vis-a-vis: what caused what and when.. I have better things to do with my life, like destroying enemy mechs. All I know is that the combining of the queues brought the game back from the brink and many people agreed with the change.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 01 May 2023 - 11:18 AM.

#283 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 02 May 2023 - 09:28 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 01 May 2023 - 10:49 AM, said:

When did MM and PSR system ever work?

Hehehe... True that! Posted Image

#284 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 06 May 2023 - 12:06 AM

If only they bring back the old real dark maps. They were very beautiful.

#285 Danrapx

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 May 2023 - 03:08 AM

You broke the px7s weapon hard points in this patch the pistols are now stacked on top of each other instead of the single barrel pistol A. This looks terrible B. It hurts the hitboxes C. I bought the hunter pack and i can longer duel widel my large laser ruining the reason for my purchase so pls fix this

#286 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 09 May 2023 - 06:00 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 01 May 2023 - 11:17 AM, said:

All I know is that the combining of the queues brought the game back from the brink and many people agreed with the change.

I see that you are simply religiously convinced of this, although the facts and figures say otherwise. Well. Religious fanatics in their conviction have always been blind to the arguments of reason, rejecting the truth that is uncomfortable for them.
It is a pity that ordinary people suffer because of their blind conviction.

#287 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 11 May 2023 - 09:24 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 09 May 2023 - 06:00 PM, said:

I see that you are simply religiously convinced of this, although the facts and figures say otherwise. Well. Religious fanatics in their conviction have always been blind to the arguments of reason, rejecting the truth that is uncomfortable for them.
It is a pity that ordinary people suffer because of their blind conviction.

If I've learned anything in life, it's that figures and charts don't tell the whole story.. just like the Jarl's List is not an accurate depiction of a pilots skill.. it only gives an overall picture, but is not accurate (and can be gamed.. but I digress). As I said before, this was years ago and I'm not going to waste my precious time delving into the past and rehashing the same arguments and pouring over charts and figures. Go back through the old posts are read all the comments if that's what you want. Honestly.. I don't have to. I know how the merge affected the game because I LIVED through it. The game was dead in the water until the merge. Sure, other things may have played a part in giving the game a second-life.. but what was mentioned most in the forums for giving credit to MWO's revival, was the implementation of the SOUP queue. SOUP brought people back to the game (not events (lol), not empty promises.. and certainly not Covid.. there are far too many (newer) games in the market where people could have invested their time).. and these returning mechwarrior's brought their friends with them..

SOUP was the impetus, everything else was secondary.. imo ofc.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 14 May 2023 - 01:53 PM.

#288 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 11 May 2023 - 07:16 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 11 May 2023 - 09:24 AM, said:

If I've learned anything in life, it's that figures and charts don't tell the whole story.. just like the Jarl's List is not an accurate depiction of a pilots skill.. it only gives an overall picture, but is not accurate (and can be gamed.. but I digress). As I said before, this was years ago and I'm not going to waste my precious time delving into the past and rehashing the same arguments and pouring over charts and figures. Go back to the forums are read all the comments if that's what you want. Honestly.. I don't have to. I know how the merge affected the game because I LIVED through it. The game was dead in the water until the merge. Sure, other things may have played a part in giving the game a second-life.. but what was mentioned most in the forums for giving credit to MWO's revival, was the implementation of the SOUP queue. SOUP brought people back to the game (not events (lol), not empty promises.. and certainly not Covid.. there are too many (newer) games in the market where people could have invested their time).. and these returning mechwarrior's brought their friends with them..

SOUP was the impetus.. everything else was secondary.. imo ofc.

Oh. Enough of the lies already. You say that as if you were the only one who played this game and saw everything that happens to it. You will not believe it, but there are people besides you who have seen all the changes in the game with their own eyes.
I've been in the game the whole time too. And therefore, with equal authority to yours, I can say that at the moment when the absolutely reckless decision to merge the queues was made, there were no fewer people who responded negatively to this innovation (and perhaps even more) than those who applauded.
And, if we take into account the fact that both of our opinions are equivalent, then it is worth paying attention to objective data. In this case, the objective data are the exact numbers that give the Jarl's list. And this objective data screams that the merging of queues has nothing to do with the growth in the number of players in the MWO. Because the growth in the number of players began two months before the merging of the queues. Covid-19 did more to the survival of this game than the merging of queues that hurt then and continues to poison this game today.
Moreover, in your blind conviction that the merging of the queues allegedly saved the MWO, you stubbornly continue to ignore that this decision not only worsened the quality of battles in a QP, but also significantly reduced the player base in a FP. If all of you who whine about the need for groups in QP, instead of spoiling the quality of matches in QP, would go to FP, then this mode would not die.

#289 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 14 May 2023 - 12:13 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 11 May 2023 - 09:24 AM, said:

If I've learned anything in life, it's that figures and charts don't tell the whole story.. just like the Jarl's List is not an accurate depiction of a pilots skill.. it only gives an overall picture, but is not accurate (and can be gamed.. but I digress).

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 11 May 2023 - 07:16 PM, said:

And, if we take into account the fact that both of our opinions are equivalent, then it is worth paying attention to objective data. In this case, the objective data are the exact numbers that give the Jarl's list. And this objective data screams that the merging of queues has nothing to do with the growth in the number of players in the MWO. Because the growth in the number of players began two months before the merging of the queues. Covid-19 did more to the survival of this game than the merging of queues that hurt then and continues to poison this game today.

To be honest :

- I dislike using statistics like Jarl's List to make decisions without seeing things with your own eyes and "live through it" or experience it yourself instead!
- I think all that nonsense that started in March 2020 and all the people who got bored at home and started playing or got back to MWO probably did a lot for this game!
- But I also hate Quick Play not having a seperate Group Drop Queue :)

#290 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 17 May 2023 - 02:49 PM

When will the new update arrive? When will Drop Decks be added to Quick Play? I'm tired of getting into nonsensical maps.

#291 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 17 May 2023 - 02:53 PM

entering a silly map with a silly weapon is ruining my morale.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 18 May 2023 - 06:11 AM.

#292 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 17 May 2023 - 11:38 PM

Think. Overcome. Adapt.

It's a military doctrine for a reason... Posted Image

#293 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 18 May 2023 - 07:01 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 17 May 2023 - 11:38 PM, said:

Think. Overcome. Adapt.

It's a military doctrine for a reason... Posted Image

Hard truth...

#294 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 May 2023 - 04:58 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 17 May 2023 - 02:53 PM, said:

entering a silly map with a silly weapon is ruining my morale. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

This is every match on HPG, regardless of loadout, since Francois ruined it.

#295 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 18 May 2023 - 08:19 PM

You can't imagine how happy I am to join the Solaris City map with a sniper build.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 18 May 2023 - 08:21 PM.

#296 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 18 May 2023 - 08:31 PM

Soldiers prepare according to the region they are going to fight in. Have you ever seen a soldier shooting at an airplane with a pistol?

Have you ever seen a soldier in thin summer clothing taking cover in the midst of snow?

My patience can't handle any more.

#297 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 18 May 2023 - 10:58 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 18 May 2023 - 08:31 PM, said:

Soldiers prepare according to the region they are going to fight in. Have you ever seen a soldier shooting at an airplane with a pistol?

Have you ever seen a soldier in thin summer clothing taking cover in the midst of snow?

I were an officer once. Issued to command others, something I disliked. No more and often want to deny and forget the whole thing...
What you mentioned is a general thing. But in reality everything could and would change no matter what you were prepared! In times of war even more. It is not uncommon that the "prepared" troops must face something different they were prepared.
Therefore on the actual battlefield the doctrine: Think. Overcome. Adapt.
Or fail and die.
Prepare is a thing. But reality is just way to random. To many variables. And 99% of people are not capable to being a "Mentat".

As for the summer uniform in snow: Operation Barbarossa. So yeah, that is histroy, still. And yes, it could snow in summertime albeit rarely. But considering how start our weather go astray, well, regular seasons would cease to exists and we all - civilians to - must follow that: Think. Overcome. Adapt.

And I understand the troubles of patience. Some maps are trash. Sometimes team goes zum-zum to. Stomps in a row happens even if it not healthy for mental sanity on a short run. But QP is at least easier because you more-or-less face opponents from your level. EQ or FP are different because no tier-based MM exists. Try some FP, facing enemies far over your skills (sometimes even your teammates would alpha you if do something terrible insane). Help to expand the treshold of patience (not to mention the average 20+ waiting times in the queue for a match).

But you are right. MWO sometimes punishing. Not sure if QP drop-decks (if it were not a hoax there is absolutely no reason not to introduce them with the May patch) would help on that or not but may grant some "maneuvering space"...

S**t I am way to tired. Sane thoughts endured that far so I better finish this before I go to troll like usually...

#298 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 May 2023 - 05:30 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 18 May 2023 - 10:58 PM, said:

But you are right. MWO sometimes punishing. Not sure if QP drop-decks (if it were not a hoax there is absolutely no reason not to introduce them with the May patch) would help on that or not but may grant some "maneuvering space"...

I hope it comes. May they provide us with a fair battleground. I find happiness in my own failures.

#299 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 19 May 2023 - 07:54 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 18 May 2023 - 08:31 PM, said:

What does camo have to do with maps :).. well most maps Posted Image ?? When the new map went live, the camo for quite a few mechs certainly made them stay out, very easy to spot, being all bright colors, especially yellow!!. As for weapons, would a sniper be equipped with ONLY a rifle?....

#300 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 19 May 2023 - 09:13 AM

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users