#241 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 24 April 2023 - 08:07 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 24 April 2023 - 07:39 PM, said:

The mods added to the game can be marketed as operations. They can be presented as missions. Different maps can belong to different mods. At least, this will attract the attention of everyone who has played this game before. I don't know whether they will like it or not.

What comes to your mind when I say "battle pass"? Many things come to my mind, this term implies different tasks in many games. It implies a new genre.

I would love, LOVE it if PGI added more achievements and even UNIT (group) based events. It would give UNITS more purpose and at the same time would give solo-players a chance to enter the world of units and group dropping and see what it had to offer. This is where the game really shines.. not in the chaos mired world of QP solo dropping..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 24 April 2023 - 08:07 PM.

#242 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 24 April 2023 - 08:29 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 24 April 2023 - 08:03 PM, said:

New players have enough on their plate than to worry about adding more variety and more game modes that will probably overwhelm them. I was a new player and can remember how lost I was trying to figure things out. Joining my first unit helped me immensely (wink wink).

For new players, it is enough to have the monthly events, along with the event queue and FP. I say it is enough because
1. this game has a very high learning curve..
2. there are an enormous amount of mechs to choose from..
3. There are various styles of play that they can try to master..
..adding more to this full plate, from a new players perspective, will only overwhelm them.

No, what you suggest is NOT for new players.. it's for established players that are now getting bored with the game. The only reason I am not getting bored (being an established player) is because I drop with friends, AND, we try to make non-meta work as a sort of side challenge.

I'll never understand why people prefer to solo drop rather than coordinate with a friend or two in a group.. it blows my mind really.

Playing a team game means responsibility. Not everyone enjoys this responsibility, but when you play with a friend, it requires it. You need to keep an eye on them and communicate constantly. Not everyone enjoys being social in life, and not everyone plays games to be social. Many people play games to relieve stress or take a break. When they decide to play, they wonder if their friend or group is available, who they can find. Opening a program, adjusting the sound, finding the room, all of these tasks can be tedious, so they don't bother. 90% of players open the game, hit "quick play," and showcase their own performance. This is just my opinion, everyone has a different perspective.

Menu design can change a lot of things. Practicality is necessary. Even if there were 100 different modes, a practical menu is always attractive.

#243 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 491 posts

Posted 24 April 2023 - 10:32 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 24 April 2023 - 07:51 PM, said:

On the contrary, I realize and fully accept that all solutions (even my own) offer their individual downsides. It isn't a matter of 'ignoring' these downsides.. it's a matter of comparing those downsides, with the upsides. For me it's a no brainer.. I would play much less if I couldn't drop with friends.

I'm not trying to convey to you the negative impact of groups in a solo quick play.
This influence is obvious to everyone, except for PGI and those people who abuse group in solo quick play.
What I'm trying to tell you more is that you're stubbornly exaggerating the fact that groups in solo quick play allegedly helped to keep and even increase the number of players. Although statistics show that there was no such influence. And if it was, it was very insignificant (and far from the fact that it is positive for population growth in the game).
For some reason, you completely do not take into account the fact that PGI promised to improve the game, develop the game, which definitely led to the return of players to the game. You even attribute the increase in the number of players due to the covid-19 factor (and self-isolation) to the merging of queues. Although in my previous message I clearly showed you that the number of players began to grow a month before the queues were test combined (March 2020, just the isolation of people due to covid-19). And in the same message, I showed you that the number of players began to decline already in the third month after the merging of the single and group queues.
And my question is simple: maybe the groups did not have a positive impact on the population if the growth in the number of players began a month before the merging of the queues, and the decrease in the number of players began two months after the merging of the queues?
However, if you want to believe that MWO is still alive only thanks to the merging of queues, you can believe in it. The only pity is that the game will not get better from this, and it will continue to lose players. Including because of the absolutely absent balance of teams, which (due to the group factor) is simply impossible to adjust.

P.S. And, if you play the game more thanks to the pooling of the queues, then I personally know at least one person who has very much reduced his presence in the MWO precisely because of the groups in the quick game, which by their very existence make it simply impossible to create any kind of balance.

#244 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 April 2023 - 04:28 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 24 April 2023 - 07:29 PM, said:

Will the players not leave when they cannot find the diversity they are looking for? Won't they get bored? Don't just think about the existing players. Steam hosts a large player base and provides great advertising opportunities, of course, if the managers can use them well. When you add a mod from many games to this game, you also attract that audience.

That's what the non-stop "free stuff" events are for. That's literally what's kept sucking me back in for the last year or two. The recent change to IS Beagle Active Probes is finally starting to shake even that death-grip loose, but it's a slow process.

#245 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 25 April 2023 - 10:00 AM

2 stomps in a row. But.. there isn't a single group in sight. How can this be?
It's simple.. you guys need a villain to vent your frustrations, and soup gueue is its' name.

We will NEVER eliminate stomps.. the fact that we're still discussing and complaining about them 8+ years into the game is testimony to this. This game is COMPLICATED with too many VARIABLES to accomplish this. We can only minimize them. Now, if you think the path to minimizing them is by eliminating groups and pissing off a large chunk of the player base.. giving a slap to the face to all the DEDICATED units that have formed and are the backbone of this SOCIAL game.. by also eliminating a way for current players to bring aboard their friends to play along with.. you are SADLY mistaken. You will not only lose a chunk of the current (and future) player base, which we cannot afford to lose.. but I guarantee it won't make a noticeable dent into reducing stomps. It would be the death knell of MWO.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 25 April 2023 - 11:56 AM.

#246 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 25 April 2023 - 10:04 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 24 April 2023 - 08:29 PM, said:

Playing a team game means responsibility. Not everyone enjoys this responsibility, but when you play with a friend, it requires it. You need to keep an eye on them and communicate constantly. Not everyone enjoys being social in life, and not everyone plays games to be social. Many people play games to relieve stress or take a break. When they decide to play, they wonder if their friend or group is available, who they can find. Opening a program, adjusting the sound, finding the room, all of these tasks can be tedious, so they don't bother. 90% of players open the game, hit "quick play," and showcase their own performance. This is just my opinion, everyone has a different perspective.

Menu design can change a lot of things. Practicality is necessary. Even if there were 100 different modes, a practical menu is always attractive.

Joining a unit can alleviate many of these problems you bring up..

But, if you don't want to be social, what can I tell you.. like it or not, MWO is a very social game.. where victory relies heavily on communication and coordination.. The reason it has survived this long is not its' dated grafx or high learning curve.. but BECAUSE it stands apart from other FPS shooters that are nothing but bunny-hopping, dying, re-spawning and bunny hopping some more.. nothing but instant-gratifcation factories for dopamine addicts. This is a THINKING man's shooter.. and if we eliminate the thinking part, the game is done.

For those that refuse to communicate/coordinate in this team-based game.. I say that they forfeit the right to complain at all.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 25 April 2023 - 10:23 AM.

#247 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 25 April 2023 - 10:18 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 25 April 2023 - 10:04 AM, said:

Joining a unit can alleviate many of these problems you bring up..

But, if you don't want to be social, what can I tell you.. like it or not, MWO is a very social game.. where victory relies heavily on communication and coordination.. The reason it has survived this long is not its' dated grafx or high learning curve.. but BECAUSE it stands apart from other FPS shooters that are nothing but bunny-hopping, dying, re-spawning and bunny hopping some more.. nothing but instant-gratifcation factories for dopamine addicts. This is a THINKING man's shooter.. and if we eliminate the thinking part, the game is done.

For those that refuse to communicate/coordinate in this warfare based game.. I say that they forfeit the right to complain at all.

Don't underestimate individual performance. One individual can change the fate of the game. Even if you just deal a little bit of damage to an enemy or keep them busy, it will buy you time and lead to weakening your opponent, ultimately resulting in your victory. But will that person have fun? That's my concern, they won't

The game is not only based on tactics and strategy. In this sense, every individual who fires at the enemy is useful. But you also need to have fun while playing the game. It is necessary for you to be successful and have fun.

If you think of your opponent as a wall, even throwing a pebble can be useful in my opinion.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 25 April 2023 - 10:25 AM.

#248 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 25 April 2023 - 10:23 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 25 April 2023 - 04:28 AM, said:

That's what the non-stop "free stuff" events are for. That's literally what's kept sucking me back in for the last year or two. The recent change to IS Beagle Active Probes is finally starting to shake even that death-grip loose, but it's a slow process.

Yes, these are but some examples that improved the game without slighting any portion of the population. We also need a sort of progress tree.. give us a CONSTANT reason to grind beyond occcassional events.. Similar to the faction play tree's... we need something for QP. I suggested the addition of 5 extra nodes per mech where you could grind your mechs and earn extra nodes for them progressively (not concurrently). Node 92 would be relatively easy to obtain, and the rest would get progressively more difficult (like getting 50 kills in a mech, 1000 kill assist, 50 victories, etc). It's a way to give your fav mechs a boost, without breaking the game..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 25 April 2023 - 06:28 PM.

#249 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 25 April 2023 - 10:30 AM

I agree with you on the subject of events. However, they are too short. They could be longer, and I don't think events that I finish in one or two days will motivate me as much. The length can be arranged in terms of tasks, ranging from one month to one year. Difficulty and reward can be adjusted accordingly. Give us a purpose. Purpose is beautiful.

#250 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 25 April 2023 - 10:33 AM

If you're giving away a machine under the title of "OPERATION WIDOWMAKER" make it a real operation, not just a title. Prepare a suitable map and tasks accordingly. What they're doing seems very funny and childish to me.

#251 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 25 April 2023 - 10:36 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 25 April 2023 - 10:18 AM, said:

Don't underestimate individual performance. One individual can change the fate of the game. Even if you just deal a little bit of damage to an enemy or keep them busy, it will buy you time and lead to weakening your opponent, ultimately resulting in your victory. But will that person have fun? That's my concern, they won't

The game is not only based on tactics and strategy. In this sense, every individual who fires at the enemy is useful. But you also need to have fun while playing the game. It is necessary for you to be successful and have fun.

If you are playing to win a match.. if this is how you get happiness or satisfaction from MWO.. then you are doing it wrong my friend. You will end up being frustrated just as much as feeling satisfaction. The reason is, you can have the best game of your life, and still lose. This isn't because of you..this is a TEAM based game and so the loss could have been for MANY different reasons: One bad call; other team had snipers and your team didn't push; other team had brawlers and DID push; your team ignored objectives; and on and on. The number of variables is immense. Just be happy if you did your part.

Instead of playing to win, you should be playing to improve your skill.. to learn and become better at positioning.. better at aiming.. fine-tuning your builds.. improving your 1v1 with component aiming and torso twisting.. etc. Personally, I try to do well relative to my team and so I don't mind losing so much. If I do top 3, I'm happy. I also get great satisfaction when I make mechs that you never see on the battlefield, work. But playing to win as a solo-dropper.. is a losing scenario.

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 25 April 2023 - 10:30 AM, said:

I agree with you on the subject of events. However, they are too short. They could be longer, and I don't think events that I finish in one or two days will motivate me as much. The length can be arranged in terms of tasks, ranging from one month to one year. Difficulty and reward can be adjusted accordingly. Give us a purpose. Purpose is beautiful.

Yes, yes and YES!!! Are you listening PGI?

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 25 April 2023 - 10:57 AM.

#252 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 25 April 2023 - 10:39 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 25 April 2023 - 10:36 AM, said:

If you are playing to win a match.. if this is how you get happiness or satisfaction from MWO.. then you are doing it wrong my friend. You will end up being frustrated just as much as feeling satisfaction. The reason is, you can have your best game of your life, and still lose. This isn't because of you..this is a TEAM based game and so the loss could have been for MANY different reasons: One bad call; other team had snipers and your team didn't push; other team had brawlers and DID push; your team ignored objectives; and on and on. The number of variables is immense. Just be happy if you did your part.

Instead of playing to win, you should be playing to improve your skill.. to learn and become better at positioning.. better at aiming.. fine-tuning your builds.. improving your 1v1 with component aiming and torso twisting.. etc. Personally, I try to do well relative to my team and so I don't mind losing so much. If I do top 3, I'm happy. I also get great satisfaction when I make mechs that you never see on the battlefield, work. But playing to win as a solo-dropper.. is a losing scenario.

Yes, yes and YES!!! Are you listening PGI?

Just being inside this cockpit is enough to make me happy. Even just hearing the sound of the weapons is enough to make me happy. But there can be something better. These are just words. Everyone has different expectations about this game. These are mine. But right now, I really see the menu as very empty. When I look at other online games, our game's menu is very empty.

#253 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 25 April 2023 - 10:52 AM

Anyway, I'll play a bit of a game. I had a tough day today and I missed playing games all day. Have a good chat, everyone.

I had my tooth pulled. Posted Image

#254 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 25 April 2023 - 12:23 PM

I just played an interesting match earlier. My team had no snipers, yet they chose a large map where the enemy blocked our path from both the right and left sides. Everyone on my team had short-range weapons. We were hunted down like ducks. I did well in terms of points, but we lost. If we only had short-range weapons, why did we choose a big map?

Sometimes you can't do anything about it

#255 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 25 April 2023 - 12:37 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 24 April 2023 - 10:32 PM, said:

I'm not trying to convey to you the negative impact of groups in a solo quick play.
This influence is obvious to everyone, except for PGI and those people who abuse group in solo quick play.
What I'm trying to tell you more is that you're stubbornly exaggerating the fact that groups in solo quick play allegedly helped to keep and even increase the number of players. Although statistics show that there was no such influence. And if it was, it was very insignificant (and far from the fact that it is positive for population growth in the game).
For some reason, you completely do not take into account the fact that PGI promised to improve the game, develop the game, which definitely led to the return of players to the game. You even attribute the increase in the number of players due to the covid-19 factor (and self-isolation) to the merging of queues. Although in my previous message I clearly showed you that the number of players began to grow a month before the queues were test combined (March 2020, just the isolation of people due to covid-19). And in the same message, I showed you that the number of players began to decline already in the third month after the merging of the single and group queues.
And my question is simple: maybe the groups did not have a positive impact on the population if the growth in the number of players began a month before the merging of the queues, and the decrease in the number of players began two months after the merging of the queues?
However, if you want to believe that MWO is still alive only thanks to the merging of queues, you can believe in it. The only pity is that the game will not get better from this, and it will continue to lose players. Including because of the absolutely absent balance of teams, which (due to the group factor) is simply impossible to adjust.

P.S. And, if you play the game more thanks to the pooling of the queues, then I personally know at least one person who has very much reduced his presence in the MWO precisely because of the groups in the quick game, which by their very existence make it simply impossible to create any kind of balance.

PGI makes promises.. it's what they do. Players didn't come back to the game because of some empty promises.. imagine if it was that easy. No, this player base has learned better than that. I base my opinion on the myriad of positive messages posted in the forums where players stated SPECIFICALLY that they were happy with the change and/or that they were coming back to the game after a long break and bringing friends along. Me thinks you are DOWNPLAYING the positive effect soup queue has had on the game bec of personal bias.

Game isn't losing players.. it's almost doubled since the time around when they implemented SOUP based on steam charts. Where it used to peak at 4-500, it now peaks at 8-900+.

It's funny how you think things happen in a vacuum.. where the only variable is SOUP queue and you can blame it for every ill in the game. Your being very limited in your thinking.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 25 April 2023 - 12:46 PM.

#256 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 25 April 2023 - 03:12 PM

I bought a fast motor and made a fast MRM machine. The game started and I cornered 3-4 people. If I had one more person with me, we could have killed them all. But there's no one behind me. The whole team has bought slow machines, and I have to wait for them. It seems ridiculous to me. Sometimes I really miss playing solo games.

If I can't use it, what's the point of having a fast motor for me?

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 25 April 2023 - 03:13 PM.

#257 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,164 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 25 April 2023 - 04:12 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 25 April 2023 - 03:12 PM, said:

I bought a fast motor and made a fast MRM machine. The game started and I cornered 3-4 people. If I had one more person with me, we could have killed them all. But there's no one behind me. The whole team has bought slow machines, and I have to wait for them. It seems ridiculous to me. Sometimes I really miss playing solo games.

If I can't use it, what's the point of having a fast motor for me?
downgrade your engine for more tonnage for bigger weapons, equipment, armor or ammo

#258 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,481 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 25 April 2023 - 04:26 PM

+1
a) Endgame career skill trees would be brilliant, forcing players to choose which endgame enhancement skill tree they want, missing the others.
~Soldier = +8% Damage, but -5% speed penalty
~Scout = +8% Speed, but -5% Speed Retention penalty
~Pirate = +12% Damage, but +8% Heat penalty
~Crab = +4% Armor, +8% Reinforced Casing, but -5% speed penalty
==>Oh, like your account name change, one can reset this endgame skill tree. Free for the first reset. 1000 MC for the next reset. Then 2000 MC. Then 3000 MC. This also encourages player to buy more mechs of the same variant, like...cough... multiple LGD mechs of the same type... Posted Image

b ) Existing 91x Skill Tree Nodes
~Free up around 8x Skill Tree Nodes for endgame skill grinding also (eg: already done: 3x Torso Pitch nodes does the job of previous 5x Torso Pitch nodes. Similarly, one can also use nodes from Shock Absorbance, Torso Yaw, etc.).
~Freed up 8x Skill Tree Nodes can be used for unique skill tree enhancements.
~eg: Want Cooldown greater than the max +12% value? Drop a max of 4 more skill points into there.
~eg: Want -Heat greater than the max +10.5% value? Drop a max of 4 more skill points into there.
~eg: Want Range greater than the max +15% value? Drop a max of 4 more skill points into there.
~eg: Want Speed Tweak greater than the max +7.5% value? Drop a max of 2 more skill points into there.
etc. etc.

c) Guild Headquarters
~Players can purchase various permanent +1%/+2%/+3%/+4%/+5% bonuses depending on how advanced your [ABCD] Unit Headquarters is. Of course, upgrading your [ABCD] Unit Headquarters require lots of CBills, pieces of LostTech ** fragments, GSP, and of course, MC.

d) LostTech ** fragments from playing with Platinum Premium Time.
~When playing under Platinum Premium Time, players can have chances of getting 1-3 pieces of LostTech** fragments that they can use to Craft, slightly improving individual weapons/equipment +1%/+2%/+3%, or improving one mech (+1%/+2%/+3% armor or structure or speed or torso speed or anchor turn, etc.)
~One can also donate these LostTech** fragments for upgrading your [ABCD] Unit Headquarters (see point (c ) above).
~Oh, one cannot get LostTech** fragments from just playing regular Premium Time.

e) Legendary mech Battlepass expansion to Skill Level 40 (from current max Level 20), more Legendary endgame skills to choose from(again, cannot choose all endgame skills, forced to choose from a pool of these).
~Logarithmic leveling up to Skill Level 40, meaning it's progressively harder to level up to Level 25, 30, 35, 40.
~Of course, it requires Platinum Premium Time so that you can level up your Legendary mech Battlepass expansion from Skill Level 20 to Skill Level 40. Posted Image

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 25 April 2023 - 10:23 AM, said:

Yes, these are but some examples that improved the game without slighting any portion of the population. We also need a sort of progress tree.. give us a CONSTANT reason to grind beyond events.. Similar to the 'tree's' i faction play.. we need something for QP as well. I suggested the addition of 5 extra nodes per mech where you could grind your mechs and earn extra nodes for them progressively (not concurrently) based on. Node 92 would be relatively easy to obtain and the rest would get progressively more difficult (like getting 50 kills in a mech, 1000 kill assist, 50 victories, etc). It's a way to give your fav mechs a boost, without breaking the game..

Edited by w0qj, 25 April 2023 - 04:27 PM.

#259 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 491 posts

Posted 25 April 2023 - 05:54 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 25 April 2023 - 10:00 AM, said:

2 stomps in a row. But.. there isn't a single group in sight. How can this be?
It's simple.. you guys need a villain to vent your frustrations, and soup gueue is its' name.

We will NEVER eliminate stomps.. the fact that we're still discussing and complaining about them 8+ years into the game is testimony to this. This game is COMPLICATED with too many VARIABLES to accomplish this. We can only minimize them. Now, if you think the path to minimizing them is by eliminating groups and pissing off a large chunk of the player base.. giving a slap to the face to all the DEDICATED units that have formed and are the backbone of this SOCIAL game.. by also eliminating a way for current players to bring aboard their friends to play along with.. you are SADLY mistaken. You will not only lose a chunk of the current (and future) player base, which we cannot afford to lose.. but I guarantee it won't make a noticeable dent into reducing stomps. It would be the death knell of MWO.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Personally, I have been scolding the team balance in the MWO for (probably) four or five years now. And I constantly point out that:
1) The introduction of groups in the solo QP finally destroyed the team balance, which had been limping on both legs before.
2) That the presence of groups in the solo QP makes it impossible to make any attempts to create a team balance.
And if earlier there was at least a theoretical possibility to create a balance, now there is not even a ghostly hope for this.

Thanks to your stubborn disregard for the statistics I cited, I see your blind conviction that groups are needed, that only groups save the MWO, that the absence of groups will kill the MWO.
Then, given everything you've said, can you answer me one simple question? Why can't you and guys like you go to FP to:
1) Do not poison with your presence the regime that initially created as a solo one?
2) Revive the FP, which was originally created to be a command mode?
This opportunity exists right now and always has. Always. Why don't you all just do it? After all, in this case, everyone will be happy:
1) Solo players from the fact that groups do not poison their lives.
2) You and other group players will be happy with the collective game.
3) You will finally bring one of the main game modes of MWO to life.

Don't worry about QP without group players. There were always enough players in the QP, even in the most worst of times.

Those. all of you who care about group play don't want to use the old group play tool. This is how you kill FP, this is how you kill QP. And what is most interesting, you do it with words about caring for MWO on your lips.

About your screenshots.
1) If you do not see two identical unit tags in the same lance, this does not mean that these matches do not contain groups of people from different units.
2) The non-typical (for a match without a group premade) location of assaults in the Alpha lance of teams, just indirectly indicates the presence of groups in both of these matches.

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 25 April 2023 - 06:44 PM.

#260 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,164 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 25 April 2023 - 06:06 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 25 April 2023 - 05:54 PM, said:

Personally, I have been scolding the team balance in the MWO for (probably) four or five years now. And I constantly point out that:
1) The introduction of groups in the solo QP finally destroyed the team balance, which had been limping on both legs before.
2) That the presence of groups in the solo QP makes it impossible to make any attempts to create a team balance.
And if earlier there was at least a theoretical possibility to create a balance, now there is not even a ghostly hope for this.

Thanks to your stubborn disregard for the statistics I cited, I see your blind conviction that groups are needed, that only groups save the MWO, that the absence of groups will kill the MWO.
Then, given everything you've said, can you answer me one simple question? Why can't you and guys like you go to FP to:
1) Do not poison with your presence the regime that initially created as a solo one?
2) Revive the FP, which was originally created to be a command mode?
This opportunity exists right now and always has. Always. Why don't you all just do it? After all, in this case, everyone will be happy:
1) Solo players from the fact that groups do not poison their lives.
2) You and other group players will be happy with the collective game.
3) You will finally bring one of the main game modes of MWO to life.

Don't worry about QP without group players. There were always enough players in the QP, even in the worst of times.

Those. all of you who care about group play don't want to use the old group play tool. This is how you kill FP, this is how you kill QP. And what is most interesting, you do it with words about caring for MWO on your lips.

About your screenshots.
1) If you do not see two identical unit tags in the same lance, this does not mean that these matches do not contain groups of people from different units.
2) The non-typical (for a match without a group premade) location of assaults in the Alpha lance of teams, just indirectly indicates the presence of groups in both of these matches.
The problem with FP right now is it's low population and Clan vs IS is very one sideded...

A seperate group only QP would fix most problems.

Edited by KursedVixen, 25 April 2023 - 06:06 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users