#221 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 April 2023 - 05:10 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 22 April 2023 - 07:43 AM, said:

A season is roughly a month? It's when the in-game Leaderboard stats get reset and that displays the current season and the ending date. It has no practical effect or function otherwise. I think it synced with Solaris's seasons, but of course we don't have Solaris anymore.

#222 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,983 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 24 April 2023 - 05:20 AM

But it's not the same ?!
it is the same as a light active probe and a ECM so the Watchdog CEWS is redudant.

[

[Maybe one day people will actually start using their brain a bit more in this game... Who knows... In another 10 years or so ?! [/color][color=#959595]Posted Image

All those times you yell for support and no one responds... EPIC! LOL!
(And I am not talking about running of on your own to the middle of nowhere and then expecting any kind of support!)

Don't count on it...

Sarna.net said:

The Watchdog system performs two functions: those of standard Clan ECM suites and Light Active Probes[/color][color=#000000]

Edited by KursedVixen, 24 April 2023 - 05:27 AM.

#223 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 24 April 2023 - 07:44 AM

actually the fafnir head looks like a big shark. I wish it was launched with such a logo.

#224 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 24 April 2023 - 07:48 AM

Posted Image

#225 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 24 April 2023 - 09:46 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 21 April 2023 - 05:58 PM, said:

sometimes you wait The team can't wait.
sometimes the team waits. you don't wait.

Waiting is sometimes helpful.
Sometimes your team gets weak.

It is difficult to win in teams that do not make synchronized attacks.

Half the battle is patience.. the other, aggression. It's a balance that when a team masters, the results are remarkable.

#226 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 24 April 2023 - 01:39 PM

View PostMagic Pain Glove, on 20 April 2023 - 08:08 PM, said:

1. They went with the easy solution which turned out to be bad enough that now it has to reconsidered once again.
2. We can ask for your average daily queue snapshot but its not hard to figure out. ( Like the one Paul provided back then )
3. I enjoy what exactly ? Matches being more even than they are atm ? I know its not your fault , nor the fault of the kinds of Larsh who heavily advocated for it back in the day . But you and people who did provided the excuse for PGI to go with the absolutely the laziest possible most imbalanced solution that they could which resulted in match quality downgrade while other options were available.

SOUP screwed over:

1) tonnage balancing ( matches can be off by 300 tons at this point )
2) It screwed over spawns positions ( so a lot of maps had to be reworked and teams placed in one place , because solo assaults would be put where lights previously used to be spawned which would lead to them getting left behind )
3) it screwed over MM balance even more than before because MM wasn't able to balance group v groups or groups v pugs. And that's the reason why I feel fine being hostile now and pushing back against people who are now , after all these things reluctant to change it .

Do you think one of the reasons FP died is not match imbalance and unrestricted groups ? The mode is almost entirely dead now , it farmed itself out of existence on top of all other mistakes that were made regarding it over the years. Now there are not enough units to populate the queue and pugs don't want to touch it because it often ends up as a **** experience for them .

Like I said , clueless and malicious. Advocating for changes that are directly resulting in subpar match experience and silent player bleed off for a big chunk of the playerbase while other options are available .

I guess I'll keep saying it since we refuse to stop playing this record: If, soup, wasn't, implemented.. game, was, done. Faction play was ALREADY dead (bec you seem to blame soup on FP dying too, even though it's seeing a resurgance).. and QP was on its' last legs. It was brought back to life with the elixir that is SOUP.. like good o'l fashioned chicken soup that grandma used to make. It wasn't the perfect solution, but it WAS necessary.The alternative you provide ALSO wasn't perfect and would have introduced other issues. Bottom line, this is a team based game and thinking that it will thrive on the back's of solo droppers is silly, and honestly, misses the whole point of Mechwarrior Online.

You seem to be blaming everything wrong with the game on SOUP. All the issues you bring up have been plaguing this game since time immemorial.. but bec you prefer to drop solo (for your stream or what-not), you're making everything a 'soup' issue. You have a very entertaining stream which I enjoy watching.. maybe adding group drops to it and using strategy to make NON-META mechs work, would add some flavour to them. I dunno... maybe the economics behind that idea doesn't work.. just thinking out loud.

Achieving tonnage balance is all good and well, but I've seen light teams win matches quite often.. Some might say being on a mobile team adds a certain benefit that a heavier team does not have.. and vice versa. It's all about the team recognizing their own strengths and weaknesses, and acting on them. Unless it's extreme (which is rare) tonnage imbalance is a non-issue. What you're really complaining about here has more to do with SKILL imbalance.

Spawn positions..? Scraping the bottom of the barrel with that one. Less than ideal spawn positions have, on and off, plagued this game.. Direct your anger at the programmers for not addressing this quicker.. I guess..

MM Balance.. has this ever really, truly, worked? I mean it kinda worked back in the day when MWO pop size was larger.. but this game is far too complex to ever achieve that holy grail that is balance. It is a MYTH.. a unicorn that can never be captured. Right before soup.. you were happy with MM? No.. complaining about MM in MWO has become a tradition, a staple.. trying to convince me that this is something new or somehow worse all becuase of SOUP is silly. Keep scraping.. I guess..

Faction Play died before SOUP came along. You have now officially scraped the barrel clean. But I must say, it's actually seeing a resurgance (last few months I'd say.. or more). The queue currently shows 11:14 as we speak at 5pm eastern time.

But I know.. you'll continue blaming SOUP bec like I said.. ppl need a 'villain' to direct their frustrations with the game. You will offer your alternative, as if it has zero downsides, and round and round the record plays.Going strictly solo queue will not offer this game the solid, faithful and loyal playerbase it needs to thrive. The population has to increase again before implementing this option. For now, catering to weekend warriors is NOT, nor will it ever be, the answer.

I would love to see a breakdown of who contributes more money towards the game.. solo droppers, or unit members.. and further breaking it down into 'veteran solo players' vs 'newer solo players..' and 'veteran unit members' vs 'newer unit members.' My money is on 'newer, unit members' being the bulk of that revenue.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 24 April 2023 - 02:22 PM.

#227 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 325 posts

Posted 24 April 2023 - 02:04 PM

Bro, give us a real patch sale. Not a 2 day thing.

#228 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 24 April 2023 - 04:47 PM

DAEDALOS513
I see that it is easier for you to turn a blind eye to arguments that are objectionable to you, and continue to insist on your own, than to objectively face the truth.
Apparently, PGI rules the game in the same way: ignore common sense, make the wrong decision and not take a step back!

TAMTAMBABY
For the person who slammed the door, there are too many of you on this forum.
Rather I'll take Comrade Lockheed's advice.

View PostLockheed_, on 19 April 2023 - 11:39 PM, said:

Got very tired of the senseless spamming quite a while ago. Best thing I can recommend is:
Profile -> Forum Profile -> Edit My Profile -> 'Ignore' Preferences -> Add new user to your list
->TAMTAMBABY -> Ignore: Posts

This thing works!
Thx, Lockheed!

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 24 April 2023 - 04:59 PM.

#229 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 24 April 2023 - 05:25 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 24 April 2023 - 04:47 PM, said:

TAMTAMBABY

This thing works!
Thx, Lockheed!

You know best. do what you want to do. but don't forget this. Just because you did something, because you took an attitude, or someone else, I don't stop being me.

I'm here because I want to express my thoughts.
Either close your ears or close your eyes.

you know your own truth.
I know my own truth.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 26 April 2023 - 09:27 AM.

#230 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 24 April 2023 - 05:33 PM

Like it or not, I'll tell you my thoughts.

I don't say that I like something I don't like because you like it.

#231 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 24 April 2023 - 05:37 PM

He was bothered by my short writing. Can you try to translate 1 page of text to another language?

Let's see how long you will preserve the integrity of meaning.

Or how long will it take you to translate?

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 24 April 2023 - 05:39 PM.

#232 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 24 April 2023 - 05:53 PM

I have to select each word that is not in your language in the text I wrote, and find alternatives for them, in order to be able to respond in your language. I think this will take a while. I am trying to express my thoughts briefly. I am not only writing to you, but also sharing my thoughts with everyone. I don't care whether you see it or not.

#233 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 24 April 2023 - 06:03 PM

I don't like pretending to be part of a team with players who don't care even if they understand you. It feels primitive to me. Statistics, etc. don't matter to me. I'm just saying, wouldn't it be great to have an alternative in the game? Even better, why not have three or four alternatives? Variety is beautiful. If you don't like it, don't join. Keep playing the game you like. I really don't understand people who object. I find it primitive to force people into something. I'm just saying what I see. I look at other games and see that they have many options, features, and alternatives in their menus. Why not have them in this game? Is it that hard to add game modes to this game? You may say there's no developer. Find one. You may say it's a waste of time. But every added feature will bring new members. You can like it or not, but there will be someone who likes these features. I think the more game modes there are, the better.

#234 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 24 April 2023 - 06:50 PM

What is the importance of a team composed of people who communicate with microphones within the game and who speak multiple languages and cannot understand each other against a synchronized team? Do you think that I or another foreigner could deliberately help you within the game? Really? All we do in terms of communication within the game is to point to someone. Is the player on your team available at that moment, Did you come across a good team or did you come across a bad team? Why this stress? I get so stressed during the game :) I should be playing games to relieve stress, right? When the game is over, I pound the keyboard 90% of the time. This is not related to my success or failure in the game 90% of the time, and it makes me even angrier. Additionally, I think it would be great if we could choose machines in the game because it would give us many opportunities to create themes and choose weapons according to the map. It would even be nicer if we could choose maps. When I enter a small map, I choose a weapon accordingly, and when I enter a large map, I choose a weapon accordingly. I don't think it would be unfair if everyone had this opportunity because everyone would use this feature. Why do we have limited choices when there is the option of making a detailed selection, or why can't we make a selection? I don't like that. I hope I have expressed myself correctly. For example, when you go to a restaurant and want to eat something, do you want to see 2 types of dishes or 102 types? I want 102 types. These are my thoughts. Also, my thoughts for people on the forum: You are being aggressive about everything. Friends, you do not have to like my thoughts. You do not have to read them either. But please take a break from your aggressive responses. This is upsetting my morale when you give aggressive responses to every thought I write. You may not like it, and I have nothing to say about that. But don't act like an enemy. We are all playing the game together, and many of us have common mistakes and problems we face. When I can't figure something out, I ask for help from you and state it. But when I express my thoughts, this is my opinion. I don't understand why you are not respecting it. Why are you trying to correct me? People's mistakes can be corrected, but their thoughts and preferences are free. You like black, and I like red...

#235 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 24 April 2023 - 07:09 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 24 April 2023 - 05:25 PM, said:

You know best. do what you want to do. but don't forget this. Just because you did something, because you took an attitude, or someone else, I don't stop being me.

I'm here because I want to express my thoughts.
Either close your ears or close your eyes.

you know your own truth.
I know my own truth.

I agree.

#236 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 24 April 2023 - 07:14 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 24 April 2023 - 06:03 PM, said:

I don't like pretending to be part of a team with players who don't care even if they understand you. It feels primitive to me. Statistics, etc. don't matter to me. I'm just saying, wouldn't it be great to have an alternative in the game? Even better, why not have three or four alternatives? Variety is beautiful. If you don't like it, don't join. Keep playing the game you like. I really don't understand people who object. I find it primitive to force people into something. I'm just saying what I see. I look at other games and see that they have many options, features, and alternatives in their menus. Why not have them in this game? Is it that hard to add game modes to this game? You may say there's no developer. Find one. You may say it's a waste of time. But every added feature will bring new members. You can like it or not, but there will be someone who likes these features. I think the more game modes there are, the better.

You misunderstand me. I like variety as well.. i enjoyed scouting mode.. i enjoyed solaris once in a while.. I even enjoyed VIP mode JUST for the variety bec it changed things up. But you aren't facing the reality, or purposefully ignoring it.. WE DON'T HAVE THE PLAYER BASE to support the variety we crave. I think they should bring back scouting every now and then.. or 8v8 even.. but we don't have enough players for so many 'permanent' game modes of play.

The 'event queue' adds wonderful variety and this was a step in the right direction.. but if we add more permanent game modes, search times will go through the roof and we'll start to lose players again like we did before SOUP was enabled.

#237 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 24 April 2023 - 07:29 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 24 April 2023 - 07:14 PM, said:

You misunderstand me. I like variety as well.. i enjoyed scouting mode.. i enjoyed solaris once in a while.. I even enjoyed VIP mode JUST for the variety bec it changed things up. But you aren't facing the reality, or purposefully ignoring it.. WE DON'T HAVE THE PLAYER BASE to support the variety we crave. I think they should bring back scouting every now and then.. or 8v8 even.. but we don't have enough players for so many 'permanent' game modes of play.

The 'event queue' adds wonderful variety and this was a step in the right direction.. but if we add more permanent game modes, search times will go through the roof and we'll start to lose players again like we did before SOUP was enabled.

Will the players not leave when they cannot find the diversity they are looking for? Won't they get bored? Don't just think about the existing players. Steam hosts a large player base and provides great advertising opportunities, of course, if the managers can use them well. When you add a mod from many games to this game, you also attract that audience.

#238 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 24 April 2023 - 07:39 PM

The mods added to the game can be marketed as operations. They can be presented as missions. Different maps can belong to different mods. At least, this will attract the attention of everyone who has played this game before. I don't know whether they will like it or not.

What comes to your mind when I say "battle pass"? Many things come to my mind, this term implies different tasks in many games. It implies a new genre.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 24 April 2023 - 07:42 PM.

#239 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 24 April 2023 - 07:51 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 24 April 2023 - 04:47 PM, said:

DAEDALOS513
I see that it is easier for you to turn a blind eye to arguments that are objectionable to you, and continue to insist on your own, than to objectively face the truth.
Apparently, PGI rules the game in the same way: ignore common sense, make the wrong decision and not take a step back!

TAMTAMBABY

This thing works!
Thx, Lockheed!

On the contrary, I realize and fully accept that all solutions (even my own) offer their individual downsides. It isn't a matter of 'ignoring' these downsides.. it's a matter of comparing those downsides, with the upsides. For me it's a no brainer.. I would play much less if I couldn't drop with friends.

#240 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 24 April 2023 - 08:03 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 24 April 2023 - 07:29 PM, said:

Will the players not leave when they cannot find the diversity they are looking for? Won't they get bored? Don't just think about the existing players. Steam hosts a large player base and provides great advertising opportunities, of course, if the managers can use them well. When you add a mod from many games to this game, you also attract that audience.

New players have enough on their plate than to worry about adding more variety and more game modes that will probably overwhelm them. I was a new player and can remember how lost I was trying to figure things out. Joining my first unit helped me immensely (wink wink).

For new players, it is enough to have the monthly events, along with the event queue and FP. I say it is enough because
1. this game has a very high learning curve..
2. there are an enormous amount of mechs to choose from..
3. There are various styles of play that they can try to master..
..adding more to this full plate, from a new players perspective, will only overwhelm them.

No, what you suggest is NOT for new players.. it's for established players that are now getting bored with the game. The only reason I am not getting bored (being an established player) is because I drop with friends, AND, we try to make non-meta work as a sort of side challenge.

I'll never understand why people prefer to solo drop rather than coordinate with a friend or two in a group.. it blows my mind really.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 24 April 2023 - 08:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users