316 replies to this topic

#261 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 25 April 2023 - 06:38 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 25 April 2023 - 12:37 PM, said:

Game isn't losing players.. it's almost doubled since the time around when they implemented SOUP based on steam charts. Where it used to peak at 4-500, it now peaks at 8-900+

Well, if you see in these statistics the growth of players and the number of matches played, then I wash my hands of it. I'm powerless to do anything about it.
https://leaderboard....ats#playerchart
https://leaderboard....s#AVGgameschart

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 25 April 2023 - 12:37 PM, said:

It's funny how you think things happen in a vacuum.. where the only variable is SOUP queue and you can blame it for every ill in the game. Your being very limited in your thinking.

And why are you now engaged in direct lies?
Didn't I say those words?

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 20 April 2023 - 09:52 PM, said:

3) And in October 2020, a good growth in the number of players begins. I tend to attribute this growth to information that the GULAG/Cauldron will now be responsible for the balance of mechs/weapons/equipment, with promises of improving old maps and creating new maps, team balance improvements, the promise of splitting solo and group queues. And other good things. However, many of them have remained empty promises, someone did not like the balance of mechs/weapons from the Cauldron, which, I think, has led to a constant decrease in the number of players since June 2021.

It seems to be my quote. Damn, I'm pretty sure of it.

It's very funny to hear accusations about the one-sidedness of my views from a person who claims that the groups in the QP saved the game, while forgetting about many, many other factors. At the same time, it was I who reminded about covid-19, and about the return of the PGI to the MWO, and about their promises to improve the MM, create new maps, and the like. And I give objective statistics. But my gaze is blinded. It cannot be otherwise.

#262 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 25 April 2023 - 06:46 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 25 April 2023 - 03:12 PM, said:

I bought a fast motor and made a fast MRM machine. The game started and I cornered 3-4 people. If I had one more person with me, we could have killed them all. But there's no one behind me. The whole team has bought slow machines, and I have to wait for them. It seems ridiculous to me. Sometimes I really miss playing solo games.

If I can't use it, what's the point of having a fast motor for me?

Tantam, YOU control the speed of your mech.. YOU are the pilot.. you have to learn when to hold with your team, and when to be aggressive. Speed is a great asset that can help you ATTACK and ESCAPE. You must control yourself and make sure you don’t get squirrelled into a bad spot. Also.. BEFORE you push a mech that will take you away from the safety of your team.. use the command wheel and CALL FOR HELP. This does work! Personally, I equip speed-tweak on most of my mechs because I’ve learned its like equipping more armour nodes.. even on my assaults.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 25 April 2023 - 06:47 PM.

#263 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 25 April 2023 - 07:40 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 25 April 2023 - 04:12 PM, said:

downgrade your engine for more tonnage for bigger weapons, equipment, armor or ammo

Because being fast has a certain intimidation factor, especially in the beginning of the game. It can fend off the enemy team and lock them in a certain location. I want to be tactically fast, but sometimes my team doesn't cooperate as I hope.

Some tactics just remain as thoughts. In the previous game, I finished the game in about a minute by shredding the enemy team like piranhas with a fast squad, and I was influenced by that. I wanted to do the same thing, but this time the team was slow. Unfortunately, some things are out of your control.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 25 April 2023 - 07:42 PM.

#264 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 25 April 2023 - 07:49 PM

Sometimes, it's easy to kill players like they're bots at certain times, but at other times it's very difficult. I guess I need to pay attention to that :)

#265 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 25 April 2023 - 08:41 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 25 April 2023 - 07:49 PM, said:

Sometimes, it's easy to kill players like they're bots at certain times, but at other times it's very difficult. I guess I need to pay attention to that Posted Image
I Sometimes find it oddly hard to kill mechs that i end up dieing easily in...

#266 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 25 April 2023 - 09:04 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 25 April 2023 - 12:23 PM, said:

I just played an interesting match earlier. My team had no snipers, yet they chose a large map where the enemy blocked our path from both the right and left sides. Everyone on my team had short-range weapons. We were hunted down like ducks. I did well in terms of points, but we lost. If we only had short-range weapons, why did we choose a big map?

Sometimes you can't do anything about it
I dunno i played a game where 2 atlas (or is that Atlai?) came around into the open and i blew their backs out and they never turned to face me I forget what i was in it was either my nova prime with 12 er meds or my 6ac5 dire. either way i also did the same to a shadow hawk either they were busy with my team mates or they were very not situationally aware.

#267 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 26 April 2023 - 06:03 AM

NEW MAP:
I really don't like the concrete parasols on the new MAP
I makes the game mute now, no i'm not an LRM player and problems being on the receiving site on this map.

The games where mcuh more dynamic then they are now and people vote less for this version now it seems.

Edited by Rebel Ace Fryslan, 26 April 2023 - 06:04 AM.

#268 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 26 April 2023 - 06:21 AM

There seems to be a problem with the game today. I can't log in. Are you having the same issue?

#269 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 26 April 2023 - 06:43 AM

Seems like it's fixed now, I think it was caused by an update.

#270 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 26 April 2023 - 07:19 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 24 April 2023 - 05:25 PM, said:

You know best. do what you want to do. but don't forget this. Just because you did something, because you took an attitude, or someone else, I don't stop being me.

I'm here because I want to express my thoughts.
Either close your ears or close your eyes.

you know your own truth.
I know my own truth.

Tamtam, Please edit your post because it appears like I wrote this, when I did not. It was Kerensky..

"DAEDALOS513 (did NOT write the following and does not necessarily hold this opinion)
I see that it is easier for you to turn a blind eye to arguments that are objectionable to you, and continue to insist on your own, than to objectively face the truth.
Apparently, PGI rules the game in the same way: ignore common sense, make the wrong decision and not take a step back!"

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 26 April 2023 - 07:20 AM.

#271 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 26 April 2023 - 07:58 AM

View Postw0qj, on 25 April 2023 - 04:26 PM, said:

+1
a) Endgame career skill trees would be brilliant, forcing players to choose which endgame enhancement skill tree they want, missing the others.
~Soldier = +8% Damage, but -5% speed penalty
~Scout = +8% Speed, but -5% Speed Retention penalty
~Pirate = +12% Damage, but +8% Heat penalty
~Crab = +4% Armor, +8% Reinforced Casing, but -5% speed penalty
==>Oh, like your account name change, one can reset this endgame skill tree. Free for the first reset. 1000 MC for the next reset. Then 2000 MC. Then 3000 MC. This also encourages player to buy more mechs of the same variant, like...cough... multiple LGD mechs of the same type... Posted Image

b ) Existing 91x Skill Tree Nodes
~Free up around 8x Skill Tree Nodes for endgame skill grinding also (eg: already done: 3x Torso Pitch nodes does the job of previous 5x Torso Pitch nodes. Similarly, one can also use nodes from Shock Absorbance, Torso Yaw, etc.).
~Freed up 8x Skill Tree Nodes can be used for unique skill tree enhancements.
~eg: Want Cooldown greater than the max +12% value? Drop a max of 4 more skill points into there.
~eg: Want -Heat greater than the max +10.5% value? Drop a max of 4 more skill points into there.
~eg: Want Range greater than the max +15% value? Drop a max of 4 more skill points into there.
~eg: Want Speed Tweak greater than the max +7.5% value? Drop a max of 2 more skill points into there.
etc. etc.

c) Guild Headquarters
~Players can purchase various permanent +1%/+2%/+3%/+4%/+5% bonuses depending on how advanced your [ABCD] Unit Headquarters is. Of course, upgrading your [ABCD] Unit Headquarters require lots of CBills, pieces of LostTech ** fragments, GSP, and of course, MC.

d) LostTech ** fragments from playing with Platinum Premium Time.
~When playing under Platinum Premium Time, players can have chances of getting 1-3 pieces of LostTech** fragments that they can use to Craft, slightly improving individual weapons/equipment +1%/+2%/+3%, or improving one mech (+1%/+2%/+3% armor or structure or speed or torso speed or anchor turn, etc.)
~One can also donate these LostTech** fragments for upgrading your [ABCD] Unit Headquarters (see point (c ) above).
~Oh, one cannot get LostTech** fragments from just playing regular Premium Time.

e) Legendary mech Battlepass expansion to Skill Level 40 (from current max Level 20), more Legendary endgame skills to choose from(again, cannot choose all endgame skills, forced to choose from a pool of these).
~Logarithmic leveling up to Skill Level 40, meaning it's progressively harder to level up to Level 25, 30, 35, 40.
~Of course, it requires Platinum Premium Time so that you can level up your Legendary mech Battlepass expansion from Skill Level 20 to Skill Level 40. Posted Image

You are just FULL of ideas.. imagine if they had put all the resources that went into, ego-feeding, SOLARIS, into stuff like your suggesting.. the added depth and grind incentive it would have given the game.. gives me goosebumps..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 26 April 2023 - 05:14 PM.

#272 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 26 April 2023 - 08:21 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 25 April 2023 - 06:38 PM, said:

Well, if you see in these statistics the growth of players and the number of matches played, then I wash my hands of it. I'm powerless to do anything about it.
https://leaderboard....ats#playerchart
https://leaderboard....s#AVGgameschart

And why are you now engaged in direct lies?
Didn't I say those words?

It seems to be my quote. Damn, I'm pretty sure of it.

It's very funny to hear accusations about the one-sidedness of my views from a person who claims that the groups in the QP saved the game, while forgetting about many, many other factors. At the same time, it was I who reminded about covid-19, and about the return of the PGI to the MWO, and about their promises to improve the MM, create new maps, and the like. And I give objective statistics. But my gaze is blinded. It cannot be otherwise.

I don't remember details like exactly when something implemented relative to other things.. do you happen to have a link to the patch notes where SOUP was implemented? I can't find it.. Thanks.

EDIT: Ok I found the thread where we discuss the merge.. it was way early into the plandemic for it to have any affect on game population size.. up-tick in population was likely due to soup and whatever else they implemented at the time..

Here is the link:
https://mwomercs.com...1/page__st__320

#273 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 26 April 2023 - 09:28 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 26 April 2023 - 07:19 AM, said:

Tamtam, Please edit your post because it appears like I wrote this, when I did not. It was Kerensky..

"DAEDALOS513 (did NOT write the following and does not necessarily hold this opinion)
I see that it is easier for you to turn a blind eye to arguments that are objectionable to you, and continue to insist on your own, than to objectively face the truth.
Apparently, PGI rules the game in the same way: ignore common sense, make the wrong decision and not take a step back!"

Those words were not meant for you. It's obvious. Don't obsess over it, I corrected it.

#274 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 26 April 2023 - 05:10 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 26 April 2023 - 07:19 AM, said:

They (PGI) also are incredibly one sided when it comes to certain tech bases.

Edited by KursedVixen, 26 April 2023 - 05:11 PM.

#275 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 26 April 2023 - 05:21 PM

FP is busy again today.. it's pickin up more and more.

Posted Image

#276 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 April 2023 - 02:36 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 25 April 2023 - 10:30 AM, said:

I agree with you on the subject of events. However, they are too short. They could be longer, and I don't think events that I finish in one or two days will motivate me as much. The length can be arranged in terms of tasks, ranging from one month to one year. Difficulty and reward can be adjusted accordingly. Give us a purpose. Purpose is beautiful.

I want to turn everyone's attention to this past event: https://mwomercs.com...mmer&s=calendar

I feel like that was one of the most interesting events PGI ever did, and I wish they'd do something like it, again.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 27 April 2023 - 02:36 AM.

#277 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 27 April 2023 - 05:52 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 27 April 2023 - 02:36 AM, said:

I want to turn everyone's attention to this past event: https://mwomercs.com...mmer&s=calendar

I feel like that was one of the most interesting events PGI ever did, and I wish they'd do something like it, again.

I mean something like this, yes.

This grabs people's attention and motivates them.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 27 April 2023 - 05:54 AM.

#278 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 27 April 2023 - 12:35 PM

I enter the game, and then a long-range map is chosen but I have a close-range machine, what am I supposed to do? I enter the game, and then a short-range map is chosen but I have a long-range machine, what am I supposed to do? I cannot play with umbrellas and LRM machines. I'm sorry, even though I really want to, I cannot play with them. Have fun.

#279 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 04:43 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 26 April 2023 - 08:21 AM, said:

do you happen to have a link to the patch notes where SOUP was implemented? I can't find it.. Thanks.

Yes, sure. It took some time to look for this news, but I still found it.
https://mwomercs.com...es-4-week-test/
The test queue merging happened actually in the last three days of April. And the growth in the number of players began in March 2020 - two months before.

#280 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 May 2023 - 10:06 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 24 April 2023 - 05:20 AM, said:

it is the same as a light active probe and a ECM so the Watchdog CEWS is redudant.

But when it saves you slots and weight : Why not add it to the game ?! Posted Image

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 25 April 2023 - 10:00 AM, said:

2 stomps in a row. But.. there isn't a single group in sight. How can this be?
Posted Image
Posted Image

All I see is a Matchmaker and PSR system that has horribly FAILED!!! Posted Image

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 26 April 2023 - 07:58 AM, said:

You are just FULL of ideas.. imagine if they had put all the resources that went into, ego-feeding, SOLARIS, into stuff like your suggesting.. the added depth and grind incentive it would have given the game.. gives me goosebumps..

More like ruin the game completely because the predictability of the game would go up in flames! Posted Image

View PostC337Skymaster, on 27 April 2023 - 02:36 AM, said:

Looks like something that forces you to play every damn day and might not even be possible at the moment when it comes to the amount of players and Game Modes available ?!

I would rather see the "Do DAKKA/LASER/ROCKET/AMS/UAV related stuff" Challenges come back! Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users