2 New Legends On Steam And Mwomercs.com

71 replies to this topic

#21 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 19 April 2023 - 12:44 AM

View PostEurystheus, on 18 April 2023 - 10:28 PM, said:

I'm playing the Scattershot and trying to understand the Quirks. The Quirks shows the LBX spread at +35%. What is the rationale for increasing the spread in the Quirks by 35%?

I feel like there just might be a tiny *tiny* connection between the name "Scattershot" and increased spread. Not sure. I could be reading too much into it.

#22 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 April 2023 - 12:53 AM

View PostKrizalius, on 19 April 2023 - 12:12 AM, said:

We need more slots for Consumables
Skills give +2 coolshot's and +2 UAV's

Posted Image

I'm not sure if it was intended to be able to have all consumables at the same time. I think you'll have to make a choice...

#23 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 April 2023 - 12:57 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 19 April 2023 - 12:44 AM, said:

I feel like there just might be a tiny *tiny* connection between the name "Scattershot" and increased spread. Not sure. I could be reading too much into it.

I can't help myself but calling this mech shutterstock the whole time...

#24 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 April 2023 - 01:15 AM

And I thought the Moonwalker was skirting the border of Pay2Win OP. The Scattershot is whole sale broken. Lose the freaking insane Cooldown and No-Shake JJs. Why even put the Cauldron in charge of balancing your game if you're just going to throw them under the bus when it comes time for them to nerf your Pay2Win shenanigans? The community is going to blame them for nerfing the mech they paid money for, not PGI.

#25 Krizalius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,632 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPolar Terma City

Posted 19 April 2023 - 02:13 AM

View PostThe Chancelor, on 19 April 2023 - 12:53 AM, said:

I'm not sure if it was intended to be able to have all consumables at the same time. I think you'll have to make a choice...

I don't rule it out. But it doesn't look nice.

#26 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 April 2023 - 03:12 AM

I feel the scattershot might be great for those destroy components events lol

#27 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 April 2023 - 05:34 AM

View PostRondoe, on 18 April 2023 - 01:31 PM, said:

Or you could just avoid all the headaches with Steam and not use it. Just my opinion!

Already got my Maurader IIC Dreadnought, haha!

I love Steam but when a game like MWO for example has it's own Launcher and everything then it's bye bye Steam !!! Posted Image

As less stuff as possible to launch to play your favorite games FTW!!! Posted Image

View PostThe Chancelor, on 18 April 2023 - 11:42 PM, said:

It is a nerf. Nothing more or less. Otherwise this mech would kill the entire enemy team out of 1k+ range. It would just be too powerfull and cross the thin line of pay2win.

I think I have 2 or 3 Shadow Hawks that are already on that level ?! LOL! Posted ImagePosted Image

View PostKrizalius, on 19 April 2023 - 12:12 AM, said:

We need more slots for Consumables
Skills give +2 coolshot's and +2 UAV's

Posted Image

"It's not a bug : It's a feature!" Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I think we need to encourage people to use those slots a lot more in general!
More UAV and Artillery usage wouldn't be that bad at all !! Posted Image

View PostThe Chancelor, on 19 April 2023 - 12:57 AM, said:

I can't help myself but calling this mech shutterstock the whole time...

"When one hobby collides with the other..." Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,367 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 19 April 2023 - 07:13 AM

Actually there's a bunch of mechs (especially Lights) that already have +UAV or +Artillery or +Coolshot Capacity, and with +1 Extra Consumable Slot.
https://mwomercs.com...-hsl-quirk-list

The Marauder IIC Dreadnaught takes it to a whole new level with this +2 Artillery and +2 Extra Consumable Slot.

View PostRoodkapje, on 19 April 2023 - 05:34 AM, said:

...I think we need to encourage people to use those slots a lot more in general!
More UAV and Artillery usage wouldn't be that bad at all !! Posted Image

#29 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 April 2023 - 10:36 AM

You know what would be Legendary? A Marauder II with a similar hardpoint layout as the Dreadnought. Just sayin…

#30 ExtraLarge_DoubleDouble

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2023 - 06:53 PM

You're based in Canada, right? Is it too much to ask to have a currency selector on the website? I wanna see prices in CAD upon logging in.

#31 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 April 2023 - 12:22 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 19 April 2023 - 08:06 PM, said:

Everything I have seen so far from watching others play on Youtube and Twitch looks like the Scattershot has very much crossed into P2W territory. The cooldown and velocity are just nuts and the spread is not enough to offset that. On top it has 10% heat and no jj cockpit shake. Why? It seems like the last two could easily be cut and the mech would probably still be OP.

After a few matches I have to say that this mech really is a problem in terms of balancing. If I have a uac or rac-sniper at least I know I can cross an open space for heat or jam and I know when to start. However, one or two scattershots at sniper positions dominate the whole match with supressive fire.

Edited by The Chancelor, 20 April 2023 - 01:17 AM.

#32 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 April 2023 - 03:38 AM

General consensus is the Scattershot is OP as all hell. At this point, even players who have bought the new Legendary are saying its too powerful. The no-shake JJs have got to go, the Velocity quirks have got to be slashed, heat gen needs to go, and the cooldown needs to be reduced. This thing can mange 35 DPS in its current state, and easily chug out damage at 1200 meters. I have no idea who at PGI designed and approved this thing, but WHY?

The Shadowhawk as a chassis already had great hardpoints and hitboxes, it has JJs and good mobility, WHY Giga quirk it, and WHY then give it no-shake JJs on top of that? WHY design something so obviously overpowered and then gate it behind a paywall? Especially when you claim to avoid pay 2 win? Peeps are going to salty if it isn't nerfed, and peeps who bought it are going to get salty when it does get nerfed. WHY create something that is ultimately going to fuel mistrust in your brand and infuriate your player base?

#33 Darren Marik

• Pip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 April 2023 - 04:51 AM

way to go pay to win PGI! your killing it.

oh dont worry we wont charge a monthly sub... but if you want the best mechs itll cost you 30 us dollars a month

Edited by Darren Marik, 20 April 2023 - 04:52 AM.

#34 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 April 2023 - 06:46 AM

And this is why new 'mechs should be pulled from Catalyst record sheets, and just barely quirked to function in the current game. You've got a source to point to for the loadout design, and "functional" quirks based on similar 'mechs usually don't cross completely into OP or P2W territory. At least not since Clan Wave 1.

#35 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 April 2023 - 08:01 AM

Lets just agree that our teams shoot this op mech first no matter the cost^^

#36 Gakuseinozen

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 April 2023 - 08:34 AM

+1 for Scattershot nerf.

The only drawback to this thing at the moment is the fact that if you're using LBXs, you have to stare at your enemy. With MRMs, the damage will spread across the entire enemy 'Mech, but it doesn't really matter if you're allowed to keep shooting. At this point, any Scattershot should be the primary focus target for any team; if you allow this thing to shoot uncontested it will destroy you very quickly.

#37 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 April 2023 - 08:44 AM

View PostGakuseinozen, on 20 April 2023 - 08:34 AM, said:

+1 for Scattershot nerf.

+2 for Scattershot nerf

#38 centrios

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 April 2023 - 09:09 AM

Its because of you people who want to nerf everything to the ground that this game cant be fun. This mech is so squishy, I can 1 shot it and your complaining that it can shoot fast at far distances. If we are going to have new legendary mechs let them feel legendary instead of ordinary. Why dont we start nerfing lrms, er ppcs that can snipe over 1000 meters if thats the case. Or how about ban machine guns because those are also op without cool downs. If your good at this game regardless of quirks, we should also ban you from playing because your too good. Learn to counter builds and stop complaining. Everyone uses xl engines for the scattershot, so aim for left or right torso with an alpha strike and hes dead.

Edited by centrios, 20 April 2023 - 09:14 AM.

#39 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 April 2023 - 09:10 AM

So, I thought "Scattershot" was supposed to be a meme: it "scatters its shots" across an entire enemy team/battlefield. Any chance to lean further into that? Sure, it shoots super fast and steady, but you should be more afraid to be the guy standing beside the guy he's shooting at, yeah?

#40 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 April 2023 - 09:33 AM

View Postcentrios, on 20 April 2023 - 09:09 AM, said:

Why dont we start nerfing lrms, er ppcs that can snipe over 1000 meters if thats the case

lol the skattershot can aim at 2k+ meters.

View PostC337Skymaster, on 20 April 2023 - 09:10 AM, said:

So, I thought "Scattershot" was supposed to be a meme: it "scatters its shots" across an entire enemy team/battlefield. Any chance to lean further into that? Sure, it shoots super fast and steady, but you should be more afraid to be the guy standing beside the guy he's shooting at, yeah?

Just watch latest videos of Toms gaminglair

Btw is anyone playing the Dreadnought?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users