May Free Mech Event! The Gargoyle Gar-D!

53 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 01:47 PM

MechWarriors!

TIME FOR THE MAY FREE MECH EVENT!

~ GARGOYLE GAR-D ~

#2 hmat77

• Pip
  • The Unstoppable
  • The Unstoppable
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 01:52 PM

+1

#3 Nyandere

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 01:57 PM

gargoyle on deez

#4 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 02:35 PM

I like the free mechs, but is there any chance of getting criteria besides "play 30-40 matches without going full potato"? I liked the good old "30 components" and "20 hit and runs" and stuff. Even a headshot for a bonus colour or something.

#5 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 02:42 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 05 May 2023 - 02:35 PM, said:

I like the free mechs, but is there any chance of getting criteria besides "play 30-40 matches without going full potato"? I liked the good old "30 components" and "20 hit and runs" and stuff. Even a headshot for a bonus colour or something.

As much as I agree, as someone who no longer has that much time to play the "keep it simple" mentality works out well for me, and I'm probably not alone with that

EDIT: And with the quality of games I've had so far, getting consistently decent match score is a challenge in itself

Edited by Audacious Aubergine, 06 May 2023 - 03:00 AM.

#6 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 531 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 03:41 PM

Hmm interesting, a mech I know very little about, havent touched it at all not even as a trial mech...is it good?

- dont we have like 30 days to achieve this...?

#7 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 05 May 2023 - 04:23 PM

Thank you MWO! Always wanted a Gargoyle, the fastest Clan Assault around!

If you stick with its SO8, this GAR-D has: -15% Cooldown, & -10% Heat, -10% Laser Duration !

Or, you can swap in 6x Energy hardpoint right arm, and a 4x Enregy hardpoint left arm... faints Posted Image

- - - - - - - - -
Edit: Also 300 MC + 50 GSP :)

Edited by w0qj, 05 May 2023 - 04:25 PM.

#8 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 05 May 2023 - 04:58 PM

Thank you nice event.. lazer mechhh nice

#9 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 May 2023 - 05:20 PM

Wow..

A mech i don't already own Posted Image

#10 Razgriz_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 05 May 2023 - 06:13 PM

I despise these things. Their cockpit hitbox is the size of a grain of rice.

Interested to finally give one a spin! Been seeing more of them and the Executioner lately.

#11 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 07:49 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 05 May 2023 - 03:41 PM, said:

Hmm interesting, a mech I know very little about, havent touched it at all not even as a trial mech...is it good?

It's better with all the mini-lasers and heavy lasers than it was before them. The "D" is the one you want because it's the unique torso and any other loadout can be recreated on it with swapping parts.

The big knocks on it are that it's neither tonnage efficient (you can bring 9 more tons of weapons on a 75 ton Timber Wolf, for same speed) nor class efficient (lightest possible assault is still assault).

#12 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 May 2023 - 09:16 PM

Also thanks for the Clan wolf extras.. Best Clan.

#13 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 09:30 PM

I like it the way it is now.

Why? Because I remember all those stupid conditions such as "Destroy 1000 LRMs" (hard to do that if no enemy 'Mech uses them) or "Lance in Formation" (hard to do that if your random lancemates all run in different directions) or "Win on this or that map" and you barely see that map during the weekend (and if it happens that you deploy on that map once a day, your team collapses in the first minute of the game).

As it is now, I can taky any 'Mech that I wish, with any loadout that I desire, and play any way I see fit.

#14 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 05 May 2023 - 11:09 PM

Most of them are completed. I think I'll finish today. 30 days seems too long for this type of event in my opinion.

#15 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 11:13 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 05 May 2023 - 11:09 PM, said:

Most of them are completed. I think I'll finish today. 30 days seems too long for this type of event in my opinion.

There can be also MWO players with the family life or with their work obligations or with some other hobbies, who simply have the time to play just a few games a day (and maybe not even every day).

#16 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 05 May 2023 - 11:19 PM

View Postmartian, on 05 May 2023 - 11:13 PM, said:

There can be also MWO players with the family life or with their work obligations or with some other hobbies, who simply have the time to play just a few games a day (and maybe not even every day).

There's no need for you to point these out. I'm aware of them myself. However, the purpose of events shouldn't be to distribute items to everyone. It should be to encourage playing and increase online engagement, in my opinion. I hope you understand me. I'm not saying for day, but 30 days is too much, in my opinion.

I don't sleep much, and since I haven't done a long shift, I'm here more than you.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 05 May 2023 - 11:25 PM.

#17 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 May 2023 - 12:41 AM

Thanks for the goodies. I enjoy the good ol Gargoyle.

#18 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 246 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 May 2023 - 12:59 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 05 May 2023 - 11:19 PM, said:

There's no need for you to point these out. I'm aware of them myself. However, the purpose of events shouldn't be to distribute items to everyone. It should be to encourage playing and increase online engagement, in my opinion. I hope you understand me. I'm not saying for day, but 30 days is too much, in my opinion.

I don't sleep much, and since I haven't done a long shift, I'm here more than you.

Wow what an arrogant reply. But seems how you are you and even your signature it doesn't surprise me. Hey I don't sleep much either, I have a wife and kids, Job. I don't move as fast as I used too. I can't play everyday, and when I can it isn't for hours on end. I have things to do and fix around my house and for my neighbors, kids, wife.

You say 30 days is too long? well maybe for you it is. I bounce back and forth between the upper T5 and lower T4, and with how busy I am- I really don't have the time to get all elite with my video game skills.

You say "However, the purpose of events shouldn't be to distribute items to everyone. It should be to encourage playing and increase online engagement" but your signature says you are not a team player??? really? Here let me quote it here- "[color=#A4A4A4]Don't tell me to play as a team. Your teams can be yours. I'm enough for myself.[/color]

My worth in life is not dictated by my skills at video games. 30 days may be too long for you, but it's plenty enough for me to enjoy other things in life. Let me ask you a question? Is your mentality that only the best of the best should be able to complete events in the shortest amount of time possible and get the rewards instead of everyone having a chance at it? Seems that way to me.

I really think from reading your past posts and threads you are the problem why get griefed so much. Something to ponder. I'm done now.

Edited by Rondoe, 06 May 2023 - 01:09 AM.

#19 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 06 May 2023 - 02:00 AM

View PostRondoe, on 06 May 2023 - 12:59 AM, said:

Wow what an arrogant reply. But seems how you are you and even your signature it doesn't surprise me. Hey I don't sleep much either, I have a wife and kids, Job. I don't move as fast as I used too. I can't play everyday, and when I can it isn't for hours on end. I have things to do and fix around my house and for my neighbors, kids, wife.

You say 30 days is too long? well maybe for you it is. I bounce back and forth between the upper T5 and lower T4, and with how busy I am- I really don't have the time to get all elite with my video game skills.

You say "However, the purpose of events shouldn't be to distribute items to everyone. It should be to encourage playing and increase online engagement" but your signature says you are not a team player??? really? Here let me quote it here- "[color=#A4A4A4]Don't tell me to play as a team. Your teams can be yours. I'm enough for myself.[/color]

My worth in life is not dictated by my skills at video games. 30 days may be too long for you, but it's plenty enough for me to enjoy other things in life. Let me ask you a question? Is your mentality that only the best of the best should be able to complete events in the shortest amount of time possible and get the rewards instead of everyone having a chance at it? Seems that way to me.

I really think from reading your past posts and threads you are the problem why get griefed so much. Something to ponder. I'm done now.

You must be joking or perhaps making a sarcastic remark. Yes, I don't enjoy team games. That's my personal preference, but it's not directly related to our topic. My intention is not to say anyone here. I'm simply sharing my observations from other games where similar events often occur. Typically, these events are short-lived, lasting for an hour or a day. The main objective is to encourage players to be present and strive to complete the event. After engaging in regular gameplay, I personally don't find these events to hold much significance.

Or rather, let me put it this way, I don't think it has any benefits for the game. It might be good for the players, but I don't see much value in it for the game itself.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 06 May 2023 - 02:15 AM.

#20 DangerMouse53

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 May 2023 - 03:00 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 05 May 2023 - 11:09 PM, said:

It is called "May Free Mech Event" as in: There is 1 free mech per month and 1 month to do it. Just saying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users