Jump to content

Patch Notes - 1.4.278.0 - 23-May-2023


310 replies to this topic

#21 Scout Derek

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,014 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 19 May 2023 - 05:51 PM

Quote






FACTION PLAY
Vitric Forge

  • Generators moved, some have had the casing removed and health changed
  • Shadow settings updated
Hellebore Springs
  • Generators moved, some have had the casing removed and health changed
  • Turrets and walls added for generator protection
  • Shadow settings updated
Sulfurous Rift
  • Generators moved, some have had the casing removed and health changed
  • Turrets added for generator protection
  • Invisible wall placed to prevent players getting out of bounds between lanes
  • Shadow settings updated
Emerald Taiga
  • Generators moved, some have had the casing removed and health changed
  • Turrets added for generator protection
  • Shadow settings updated
Grim Portico
  • Generators moved, some have had the casing removed and health changed
  • Turrets added for generator protection
  • Shadow settings updated
  • Out of bounds area updated to prevent players dying in playable areas
Boreal Vault
  • Generators moved, some have had the casing removed and health changed
  • Turrets added for generator protection
  • Shadow settings updated



Looks like some of us are potentially going to have to demonstrate again why removing the cover from the gens is a bad idea.

#22 LordNothing

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15,648 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 05:51 PM

oh great i get to fix my skill trees again. but generally i like that i dont need to commit 25 notes to jump jets now. will need to go through my jj mechs and move the former shock absorbance nodes to other purposes if i dont need less overheat damage. consequently vomit mechs will want to start using the overheat damage nodes.

does this mean we will finally get controllable vectoring, now that the vectoring nodes are no longer a thing?

Edited by LordNothing, 19 May 2023 - 05:53 PM.


#23 crazytimes

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 05:56 PM

View PostW A R L O R D, on 19 May 2023 - 05:31 PM, said:

Why am I buying Legendary Mechs, only to have them nerfed the following month...?

And you nerfed the Moonwalker by lowering its acceleration and deceleration...it's literally called the Moonwalker because of its "walking" quirks...


Yeah it's one thing to general release a new mech and tweak it, but to cash only sell new variants specifically for their quirks and then nerf them is a bit spicy.

I'm not arguing there's a bit of power creep going on and balance tweaks aren't warranted... But it's a weird business plan.

#24 the check engine light

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 05:59 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 19 May 2023 - 05:51 PM, said:

oh great i get to fix my skill trees again. but generally i like that i dont need to commit 25 notes to jump jets now. will need to go through my jj mechs and move the former shock absorbance nodes to other purposes if i dont need less overheat damage. consequently vomit mechs will want to start using the overheat damage nodes.

does this mean we will finally get controllable vectoring, now that the vectoring nodes are no longer a thing?

...This excites me.

Also more overheat mitigation is going to be a godsend for some of my lights, potentially. A little less **** kickage.

#25 LordNothing

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15,648 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 06:02 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 19 May 2023 - 05:51 PM, said:

[/center]
Looks like some of us are potentially going to have to demonstrate again why removing the cover from the gens is a bad idea.


cant help but think that the current pgi staff may not have been around back when fp was in a more active state. if i remember correctly the thing that made them cover the gens was that there were always camping angles which could hit the gens from outside the gates. but since they used words like "some of" and "moved" would indicate that they only took the cages off the gens which are in better locations or moved once that previously had line of site problems.

im more disturbed that they are making changes to fp. the players that do still play it tend to not like pgi mucking around with the mode where the players that dont see it as wasted dev time. the least disruptive course of action seems to be to do nothing.

#26 LordNothing

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15,648 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 06:08 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 19 May 2023 - 05:59 PM, said:

...This excites me.

Also more overheat mitigation is going to be a godsend for some of my lights, potentially. A little less **** kickage.


...override online...

#27 the check engine light

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 06:14 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 19 May 2023 - 06:08 PM, said:


...override online...

I'll still need to be a bit more careful with the heat curve than I am with my heavies and mediums but this will hopefully make it a bit less nail-biting to ride it with energy focused lights.

#28 TheCaptainJZ

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,458 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 May 2023 - 06:19 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 19 May 2023 - 03:32 PM, said:






BUG FIXES

CICADA

  • Energy hardpoints in side torsos will prioritize the higher mount first (except CDA-X5 that must use lower mounts and CDA-3C which has a special right torso rooftop mount)

PHOENIX HAWK
PXH-2 and PXH-1K:
  • Energy weapons prioritize the top mounted energy hardpoint on the Left Arm first (now consistent with right arm)
PXH-7S:
  • The second energy weapon on the left arm properly uses the side mounted location. (now consistent with right arm)
PXH-KK:
  • The second energy weapon on the left arm now uses a new secondary side mount and no longer stacks on top of the primary energy mount
  • Left Arm PPC weapons mounts now use the correct corresponding PPC weapon model instead of all using the generic PPC model


MAD CAT MKII
MCII-MOONWALKER:
  • Fixed a missing piece of geometry that caused a hole to appear on the mech’s right torso when only a missile weapon is equipped.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the empty hardpoint air vent model to appear and overlap with the Ballistic weapon model on the right torso
MCII-A:
  • Fixed a bug that caused the empty hardpoint air vent model to appear and overlap with the Ballistic weapon model on the right torso

</p>


As long as we're doing bug fixes, please look at the Rifleman Dao Breaker. It's asymmetrical the way the weapons are positioned. If you fill up the energy hardpoints, on one side, it turns a laser into a long stick that doesn't look right at all.

Also, I would love to see the Cicada X-5's weapons reversed so missiles are down and energy is up, like the original model was (it had only 2 tubes on each side that looked almost like headlights). For some reason, when it got dynamic art, they put the missile weapons on top.

---

Nice to see the hardpoint # - weapon buffs - armor buffs inflation spiral continue upwards.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 19 May 2023 - 06:19 PM.


#29 the check engine light

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 06:24 PM

I'm trying to decide what that change means for my non-3C Cicadas (2A, 3M). 2A is just laservomit anyway and the ST hardpoints are close together, that hump on top with the antennas seems like it would make it an iffy hillpeeker. The 3M only has one E hardpoint per ST - are the E mounts changed at all there? The LPPC already sits above the autocannon in LT, the RT E point sits low though. This is probably beneficial to PPC CDA-3Fs to be sure.

HPPC Urbie sounds like it might be fun.

Edited by the check engine light, 19 May 2023 - 06:26 PM.


#30 An6ryMan69

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deputy
  • The Deputy
  • 295 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 06:25 PM

Without commenting on everything, because there is so much, I can say without a doubt getting rid of vectoring completely sucks for me.

I find the way MWO does jump jets is seriously crap on all but the most jumpy mechs out there, and I ALWAYS have points on vectoring on any jumper I own, I mean for sure over 100 mechs with vectoring skills. Heat is never really an issue for me as it relates to JJ's; the problem is despairingly anemic jump jet performance all around. Having JJ's run cooler, but with even less actual impacts on my mech's mobility is just a terrible trade-off. :(

#31 the check engine light

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 06:28 PM

Is Vectoring the forward velocity altering node? Like, I just want more oomph to them, not concerned with with how they move me in X/Y space unless that can be controlled directionally and independent of walking direction.

Edited by the check engine light, 19 May 2023 - 06:32 PM.


#32 Rabid Imp

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 06:33 PM

Urbie nerf.

I mean that's only like the 3rd one it's received...

Now it's HPPC? Who is the brainchild behind that, or is that like a consolation prize?

#33 Scout Derek

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,014 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 19 May 2023 - 06:44 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 19 May 2023 - 06:02 PM, said:


cant help but think that the current pgi staff may not have been around back when fp was in a more active state. if i remember correctly the thing that made them cover the gens was that there were always camping angles which could hit the gens from outside the gates. but since they used words like "some of" and "moved" would indicate that they only took the cages off the gens which are in better locations or moved once that previously had line of site problems.

im more disturbed that they are making changes to fp. the players that do still play it tend to not like pgi mucking around with the mode where the players that dont see it as wasted dev time. the least disruptive course of action seems to be to do nothing.

As far as I know, The map designer supposedly listened to some units with not so great opinions, and did more on top of what they asked him to do.

#34 LordNothing

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15,648 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 06:48 PM

View PostAn6ryMan69, on 19 May 2023 - 06:25 PM, said:

Without commenting on everything, because there is so much, I can say without a doubt getting rid of vectoring completely sucks for me.

I find the way MWO does jump jets is seriously crap on all but the most jumpy mechs out there, and I ALWAYS have points on vectoring on any jumper I own, I mean for sure over 100 mechs with vectoring skills. Heat is never really an issue for me as it relates to JJ's; the problem is despairingly anemic jump jet performance all around. Having JJ's run cooler, but with even less actual impacts on my mech's mobility is just a terrible trade-off. Posted Image


i hope this is a precursor to manual vector control. this would make it easier to do flat jumps over terrain features and also aid in climbing vertical walls as you can mantle the edge. so no more running at walls and trying to time your jump so you get above the ledge before hitting it.

#35 TAMTAMBABY

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,165 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 May 2023 - 07:12 PM

I hope there will be a nice desert map with long-range engagements.

#36 the check engine light

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 07:15 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 19 May 2023 - 06:48 PM, said:


i hope this is a precursor to manual vector control. this would make it easier to do flat jumps over terrain features and also aid in climbing vertical walls as you can mantle the edge. so no more running at walls and trying to time your jump so you get above the ledge before hitting it.

That's what I'm hoping. Moving forward faster while jumping is so-so. I had Vectoring on my Summoner and it made no appreciable difference when navigating in z directions, while not doing a whole lot for me otherwise. The amount of terrain snagging and grinding actually seemed to get worse in places like Mining, Solaris and Hellebore. Getting stuck on a building ledge in Solaris in my Shadowhawk was frustrating as hell. Some of this is just goofy terrain but I would rather mantle or otherwise vector in x-y directions after a good vertical jump, not lazily arc up and hump a building to death as I try to get on the ledge.

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 19 May 2023 - 07:12 PM, said:

I hope there will be a nice desert map with long-range engagements.


it's called Tourmaline

#37 TAMTAMBABY

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,165 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 May 2023 - 07:16 PM

I wish they would design a map based on a location from the real world.

#38 TAMTAMBABY

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,165 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 May 2023 - 07:19 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 19 May 2023 - 07:15 PM, said:

That's what I'm hoping. Moving forward faster while jumping is so-so. I had Vectoring on my Summoner and it made no appreciable difference when navigating in z directions, while not doing a whole lot for me otherwise. The amount of terrain snagging and grinding actually seemed to get worse in places like Mining, Solaris and Hellebore. Getting stuck on a building ledge in Solaris in my Shadowhawk was frustrating as hell. Some of this is just goofy terrain but I would rather mantle or otherwise vector in x-y directions after a good vertical jump, not lazily arc up and hump a building to death as I try to get on the ledge.



it's called Tourmaline


Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

similar

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 19 May 2023 - 07:34 PM.


#39 TAMTAMBABY

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,165 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 May 2023 - 07:29 PM



#40 Far Reach

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 07:31 PM

Did clan ER lasers really deserve another nerf?





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users