Patch Notes - 1.4.278.0 - 23-May-2023

317 replies to this topic

#61 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 20 May 2023 - 01:13 AM

Only one month before comp players nerf the new mechs?

Save your dosh, fellas.

#62 Cold Soul

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 44 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAustralia [East coast]

Posted 20 May 2023 - 01:17 AM

So basically what PGI is saying is support the game and buy legendary mechs, then nerf them later on, cause the player base is so dumb they won't notice. No more Legendary mechs for me and certainly your not getting hard currency from me for the Stone Rhino

#63 Necroconvict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBaconville

Posted 20 May 2023 - 01:28 AM

View PostNyandere, on 19 May 2023 - 03:42 PM, said:

Sell pay2win mech, nerf it next month.

They do it to Plat mechs, and to the new legendary mechs.. well anything you buy with cash. They don't really wait till next month. The nerfs are usually out within a week or two. Scatter hasn't been out a month yet has it?

Last time I asked about it... it was kind of left in the air.. that PGI, and the Cauldron don't know what the other are doing...

It's like no one reviews the changes being made. Hell have the changes above for mechs are removing blah blah blah, add velocity, add velocity add velocity... then in a few months they'll remove that, and just add something else.

Free help is great, but I guess like they say... you get what you pay for.

#64 Samziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seraph
  • The Seraph
  • 496 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 May 2023 - 02:03 AM

So all your solutions would be to let OP mechs be OP? There hasnt been actual nerfs for Juggernaut or Dreadnaught and Moonwalker was mostly bugfixed. I dont see how they would nerf the future 2 mechs either though hardpoint inflation is real.

Actually for Seraph they might remove the coolshots. Dunno.

View PostNecroconvict, on 20 May 2023 - 01:28 AM, said:

Last time I asked about it... it was kind of left in the air.. that PGI, and the Cauldron don't know what the other are doing...

Yeah, ********. Afaik all balance suggestions go through PGI. Who do you think adds them to the game? Cauldron?

Also you all act like Scattershot is now unplayable. It still has gigaquirks for cooldown. The only thing worrying me is the LB2 spread and even that might be partially reverted later on or not even be too much. Well see in game.

Edited by Samziel, 20 May 2023 - 02:21 AM.

#65 hans1337

Rookie

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2023 - 02:34 AM

View PostHorseman, on 20 May 2023 - 12:12 AM, said:

That seems a bit excessive?

There's only 1 Missile Hardpoint in the Head.

#66 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 20 May 2023 - 03:43 AM

Moine!

#67 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 20 May 2023 - 04:04 AM

As a returning player it seems no new weapons have been added since I've last played. I noticed I am at Tier 2 now so I am guessing something happened, but I am a semi potato and will end up in Tier 1 by the looks of things. Surely you want a pro tier to capture and split them out onto different teams?
Also I find the lack of widescreen support disturbing. Sometimes menu options etc are just in a tiny area on the left while the settings options are on the far bottom right in tiny writing.
Its nice to see the faction play maps in the general mix along with some new additions.
Surely I would have thought Assault would have had something to actually assault like the good times when there were a few turrets to stop a quick rush/capture. Might as well rename it to Squat to fit in with the objective really.
Update on the skills tree is great, I can now actually pick just the things without much sacrifice. I wonder if they can allow higher skill limits for mechs that need help like the Hugeinn, the SRM4s are still too lose to chain fire in the face, like in the good old days. I cant think of a good reason to use mechs like that but yet I paid for it.
Would it be worth adding a new game mode, inspect the warehouse style like MW2, find the intel/weapons and then either blow it up or retreat? Lights need proper roles to show the advantage of having them.

#68 Evvo

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 May 2023 - 04:30 AM

Thanks for the upcoming patch and content :) Lots of good changes
Sure hope the next sale will include patterns. I'm confident is has been a very long time since the last camo sale. There's also people that would love colors, bolt-ons, cockpit items+warhorns and maybe even decals. Can't remember the last time any of these has been on sale, and i hope they will be included more every now and then.

#69 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 20 May 2023 - 04:52 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 19 May 2023 - 07:15 PM, said:

it's called Tourmaline

That map is and always will be horrible!

The bugged version without the Tourmaline crap was A LOT BETTER!!! Posted Image

View PostLockheed_, on 19 May 2023 - 07:30 PM, said:

And why does the Seraph look like a ******* clown car?

The SuperNova Minion Posted Image

https://duckduckgo.c...mages&ia=images Posted Image

View PostKynesis, on 19 May 2023 - 07:38 PM, said:

While I know this isn't the place for suggestions, I wonder what Domination might look like if the circle were set to expand, scaling with the number of mechs in it?
People might for example decide that there's an optimal number of mechs to keep in the circle and make the match a little more dynamic. Maybe something to experiment with in a special event.
Simultaneously, it might make the mode a little more forgiving for people who are less proficient with the game, without really affecting higher tier players.

View PostPocketYoda, on 19 May 2023 - 07:43 PM, said:

Or shrink?

I know games that use it and IT COULD BE FUN !!! Posted Image

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 19 May 2023 - 07:46 PM, said:

I complain about the maps being small, and they are considering making them even smaller. Posted Image

Why are we playing MW? Let's just go play CSGO.

Even CSGO has larger maps than that.

Don't mess with CS:GO Posted Image

It has been ruined enough as it is compared to CS 1.6 Posted Image

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 19 May 2023 - 08:02 PM, said:

Everyone enlarges the maps in the games, the group here is trying to make it smaller.
Everyone is creating large open-world Battle Royale-style environments, whereas the people here are suggesting we shrink the initial maps.

Those games suck! Posted Image

View PostNavid A1, on 19 May 2023 - 08:21 PM, said:

Did the Juggernaut get nerfed?

Crap mech anyways...

Did the Dreadnaught get nerfed?

Not yet ?! Posted Image

Changes are based on game balance.

I seriously doubt that many changes were based on game balance...

A lot of stuff looks like either personal preference or so called "Favorite Pet changes" or just to show that there is work being done on the game/something is changing...

View PostLockheed_, on 19 May 2023 - 08:52 PM, said:

I am really really tired of where this game is heading.
My playtime has already tanked drastically and I think I'm just gonna let it run out eventually.

I feel the same, but just enjoy from time to time what is left of it... and that's it! Posted Image

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 20 May 2023 - 04:04 AM, said:

Also I find the lack of widescreen support disturbing.
Sometimes menu options etc are just in a tiny area on the left while the settings options are on the far bottom right in tiny writing.

I would only like to see Nvidia SMP being added to the game but otherwise everything is just fine @ 5760x1200 which is basically 3 x 1920x1200 in Nvidia Surround Gaming Mode Posted Image

See the following : https://www.overcloc...ed_on_iracing/1
If you don't know what it is Posted Image

#70 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 20 May 2023 - 05:03 AM

Faction play "solutions"? Yeah, right...

#71 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 20 May 2023 - 05:17 AM

I wish they would add a font size adjustment for the menu the texts look really bad.

4k support

#72 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 20 May 2023 - 05:19 AM

When will the game get a matchmaker?
When will groups be removed from quick play?
When will you take the steps that will really improve the gameplay?

#73 Razgriz_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 20 May 2023 - 05:43 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 19 May 2023 - 08:21 PM, said:

Did the Juggernaut get nerfed?
Did the Dreadnaught get nerfed?

No, they didn't.

Changes are based on game balance. Some quirks might turn out too much, and become blatant p2w.
The two new ones are more likely to keep their stuff since they have a safer approach to quirks.

Stop with your logic. We must be mad when mech is 'pay to win' AND mad when mech is no longer pay to win. They can't be too strong when they're released and they most certainly can NEVER be rebalanced to correct any quirks that are too powerful. Clearly it is better to be mad at them for being 'P2W' than for them to be dialed back.

How the dev team didn't play test these mechs in glorious 2v1's before releasing them for balance is simply unbelievable! How could they use us as a test bed instead of play testing themselves!

I shouldn't need to add this but /s

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 20 May 2023 - 05:19 AM, said:

When will groups be removed from quick play?

For our sakes, never. I for one like finding a game once every 10 minutes.

#74 Al_Bundy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 133 posts
  • LocationBasel

Posted 20 May 2023 - 05:46 AM

work at Balance - lie

work at Faction play - lie

working on new maps - yes super even more violet cards .... eye cancer guaranteed

try to take the money out of the players' pockets - truth

Edited by Al_Bundy, 20 May 2023 - 05:57 AM.

#75 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 20 May 2023 - 06:29 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 19 May 2023 - 07:55 PM, said:

...Wait.

Why would they need to remove nodes to add more, different skill nodes in the first place...?

I like the overheat mitigation but did you actually need to remove Vectoring (sincere question)? If it's a precursor to a better form of thrust vector control, great. If it's a matter of a hard limit on node amounts, you could just condense some trees. If you had to eliminate nodes instead of condensing trees, get rid of hill climb and just give hill climb back to everyone by default. Etc.

jump jets suck up too many nodes. you need 20 for the jj skills and 5 more if you want to keep your legs alive. thats on top of finding tonnage and space for jump jets. i was suggesting in the previous skill tree redux to just making jjs one skill in the mobility tree, perhaps 12-16 nodes tops.

#76 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 20 May 2023 - 06:44 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 20 May 2023 - 06:29 AM, said:

jump jets suck up too many nodes. you need 20 for the jj skills and 5 more if you want to keep your legs alive. thats on top of finding tonnage and space for jump jets. i was suggesting in the previous skill tree redux to just making jjs one skill in the mobility tree, perhaps 12-16 nodes tops.

Condensing a lot of the trees would be a good idea. Don't know if total skill points would need to be adjusted down. Hill climb is something that isn't really a "this is tailoring your playstyle" choice, it's a "hassle reduction" choice, and hassle reduction isn't something skill tree should be doing IMO but I'm not in charge of jack or ****.

View PostRoodkapje, on 20 May 2023 - 04:52 AM, said:

That map is and always will be horrible!

The bugged version without the Tourmaline crap was A LOT BETTER!!! Posted Image

You're very wrong on both but that's just my opinion.

Edited by the check engine light, 20 May 2023 - 06:46 AM.

#77 T B Kind

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 May 2023 - 07:12 AM

View PostNyandere, on 19 May 2023 - 03:42 PM, said:

Sell pay2win mech, nerf it next month.

That's what I'm seeing.

#78 W A R L O R D

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 116 posts
  • LocationMy Direwolf

Posted 20 May 2023 - 07:57 AM

View PostSamziel, on 20 May 2023 - 02:03 AM, said:

So all your solutions would be to let OP mechs be OP?.

No, I don’t believe most people who are expressing concern over nerfing legendary mechs are saying they need to be OP. At least, that is not what I’m saying. What I’m saying is, it’s not a good business model to sell Mechs for IRL money then turn around and nerf them the next month for the sake of “game balance”. Either hold off on its release until the Mech is sufficiently “balanced” through beta testing with players. Or, release the Mech with its quirks, but allow players to keep playing, with what they paid for, and don’t allow “balance” changes for a specific timeframe (ie..3 months or 6 months).

Regardless, whoever is making the decision to “balance” the Legendary Mechs immediately after release is responsible for me not buying the new Legendary Mechs in May. I realize I’m just one person, but I’m probably not the only one.

Edited by W A R L O R D, 20 May 2023 - 08:01 AM.

#79 Nyandere

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 May 2023 - 08:25 AM

View PostW A R L O R D, on 20 May 2023 - 07:57 AM, said:

No, I don’t believe most people who are expressing concern over nerfing legendary mechs are saying they need to be OP. At least, that is not what I’m saying. What I’m saying is, it’s not a good business model to sell Mechs for IRL money then turn around and nerf them the next month for the sake of “game balance”. Either hold off on its release until the Mech is sufficiently “balanced” through beta testing with players. Or, release the Mech with its quirks, but allow players to keep playing, with what they paid for, and don’t allow “balance” changes for a specific timeframe (ie..3 months or 6 months).

Regardless, whoever is making the decision to “balance” the Legendary Mechs immediately after release is responsible for me not buying the new Legendary Mechs in May. I realize I’m just one person, but I’m probably not the only one.

You are not alone.

#80 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 886 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 20 May 2023 - 08:28 AM

Why I have a terrible feeling about the FP changes?!
Not sure FP needed to kitbash generators and drop some more useless turrets...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users