All-Out-War Faction Play Weekend Event And Sale

243 replies to this topic

#141 NiceDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 05:36 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 26 May 2023 - 01:42 PM, said:

The in-game rewards are bugged: the "Kill Clan/IS" counters show 0/(however many) regardless of how many kills you actually got, and you have to know to go to the webpage to redeem those specific rewards (and since those are the XP cockpit items, those are important ones to redeem). Anyone who only knows about the in-game event tally might wind up missing out on those two rewards.

Yesterday after reading your post, did when to the webpage and claim the cockpit items. Today I check the webpage again and it displayed the kill count as "0" but I checked the ingame event summary, but i'm not sure did the XP Hologram been injected into my inventory,

Thank you

Edited by NiceDad, 29 May 2023 - 06:59 AM.

#142 Raydeen

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 08:55 PM

To much grind for the waste of time. No amount of rewards will overcome the poor experience or the developers poor decisions.

Edited by Raydeen, 27 May 2023 - 08:58 PM.

#143 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 May 2023 - 09:25 PM

This event is total crap, matching making is still terrible. Constant drops against organized groups running very specific mechs, curb stomped to no end.

I used to play FP all the time back in the day, but at this point there is no way at all to play it and to try and have fun, you just get rolled. It's why pretty much everyone quit playing it to begin with. The one match we were playing with a PGI staff members on the other side and they all sat at the dropship and farmed us, most of the guys said they were done with FP for the night on comms or weren't gonna bother to come back because of the nonsense. Would be nice if PGI fixed this kind of crap, but they never seemed to understand the problem in the first place.

Thanks but no thanks for the event, at least I managed to get like 2 decent matches. Please just bring the quick play events and don't bother with this garbage.

#144 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 09:39 PM

Easiest fix for the problem with the 2 Rewards not working (kill 1 IS guy, kill 1 Clan guy),

would be

"everyone who played Faction Play during the time of the event, gets the reward."

Edited by tee5, 27 May 2023 - 09:40 PM.

#145 W a r b l e r

Rookie

• Hojuhei
  • Hojuhei
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 11:44 PM

Came here to share how much fun I have had in FP. But apparently Im in the minority.

#146 Tarzan of Barsoom

• PipPipPip
  • The Deputy
  • The Deputy
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 May 2023 - 12:58 AM

I had quite a bit of fun. Got rolled a few times, it would be nice if they consistently balanced skill levels on opposing teams, but, not much they can do when the player base is so small. All in all I am very pleased with the event. Thanks PGI for your work on this.

#147 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,703 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 May 2023 - 01:00 AM

View PostHorseman, on 27 May 2023 - 02:19 PM, said:

Hey Matt, I just did over 1K damage between two Warhammers. Guess how much of it counted for the event?
None.

And now 2K damage... 1K of which counted.

View PostRaydeen, on 27 May 2023 - 08:55 PM, said:

To much grind for the waste of time. No amount of rewards will overcome the poor experience or the developers poor decisions.
And the grind is much worse because damage isn't counted properly.

#148 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 28 May 2023 - 04:11 AM

The salt in this event is hilarious.

For the next time, if there will be a next time, put together a little tutorial for the people who have never played FP before. Opening gates, objectives, TEAMPLAY and stuff.

PS: It´s just sad how many people leave the game with 400 damage in 4 mechs. Running alone into the enemy base and than start complaining the grind for damage for the event is "too hard".

#149 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,703 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 May 2023 - 04:28 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 28 May 2023 - 04:11 AM, said:

PS: It´s just sad how many people leave the game with 400 damage in 4 mechs. Running alone into the enemy base and than start complaining the grind for damage for the event is "too hard".
It's also sad when you do 2k damage and the event only tracks a third of it, isn't it?

#150 Heckler3108

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts
  • LocationHessen, Germany

Posted 28 May 2023 - 06:25 AM

I Loved the Event and by the numer of Matches played in FP this Weekend I guess it was a success by getting People in it (look at the "War Log"). Sometimes stompy matches in either Direction because of the usual Event-Players but if only a small percentage of them visit FP again (or better team up in Units), FP can only benefit from such events.

I didn't minded the new Legendary Mechs at all before, but after this Event, take my money ;-)

...and pls don't listen to the notorious salty Forum-Posters...

#151 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 May 2023 - 06:47 AM

4 of the 6 matches I have played so far were good close fights. 2 were incoming seal clubbing/farming operations. 1 had 6 people from the same unit in a drop on the other side and 1 had 3 premade units vs skittles on our side. If you play a few matches you should find a fun one. The premades need cut off from pug stomping though. A premade 4 man needs to be vs a premade 4 man. 2 units in one side needs to wait for 2 on the other. PSR for most QP or other reasons needs thrown in the trash can it came from. It does not work in this game.

#152 Le Bum

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 May 2023 - 07:17 AM

View PostW a r b l e r, on 27 May 2023 - 11:44 PM, said:

Came here to share how much fun I have had in FP. But apparently Im in the minority.

Same dude! Been fun playing with you this weekend!

#153 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,703 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 May 2023 - 07:53 AM

View PostHorseman, on 28 May 2023 - 01:00 AM, said:

And now 2K damage... 1K of which counted.

And another 1.1K damage... with mechs that previously counted... not counting a single point to the event goals. This is beyond ridiculous.

#154 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 28 May 2023 - 08:19 AM

View PostHorseman, on 28 May 2023 - 07:53 AM, said:

And another 1.1K damage... with mechs that previously counted... not counting a single point to the event goals. This is beyond ridiculous.

Posted Image

Did you try the website instead of the ingame event tracker? I could only claim the IS and Clan Kill on the website, cause it is shown as not complete in the game.

#155 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 28 May 2023 - 08:26 AM

View PostHorseman, on 28 May 2023 - 07:53 AM, said:

Maybe you could just...play for fun, enjoy the extremely fun games, and not worry about rewards?

And for folks complaining about groups - just because 4 people can form a group, that doesn't automatically make them good players. Sometimes the 4 people with the same unit tag are the worst 4 people in the match.

"If all 4 of us take a locust and charge first through the gate on the first wave, we're sure to be amazing against 12 enemy assaults, right????"

Edited by Khalcruth, 28 May 2023 - 08:34 AM.

#156 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 28 May 2023 - 08:34 AM

This event were fun! Not if one may not foretold that :)
The Trial of Possession I liked extremely!
IS vs IS were a bit strange 'cause I have no dedicate IS builds - BUT! - if you promise we got such events every months I would dedicate a drop deck for spheroid mechs!

So:

IT

WERE

SO

MUCH

FUN

!!!

P.S.: THX! :)

#157 An Infant

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2023 - 08:46 AM

What a joke. Outcomes pre-determined by mass groups, you can tell by scanning the team compositions who will get steamrolled. No need to even have a battle - just have the matchmaker roll up two teams and hand out the mission summary and rewards and be done with it.

#158 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,703 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 May 2023 - 09:28 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 28 May 2023 - 08:19 AM, said:

Could you stop complaining about your not registered damage FOR 5 MINUTES?
First, I reported this issue less often than I actually experienced it.
Second, these instances have all been more than five minutes apart.
Third, I have it on good authority that I'm NOT the only player affected.
Fourth, it's a massive screw-up on PGI's side. I'm okay with grindy events, but grindy events that actively deny players progression they have achieved are another matter altogether.
I've been grinding FP nearly non-stop since yesterday morning and only JUST got the last of the damage credit to complete the goals on my main account... while frequently clocking damage in the 1.6-2K with the specified mech classes.

Through that time, I've also been driven well past the limit of my patience by a bug that caused the UI to glitch at least once every damn drop and stop displaying any HUD information (so: no mech status, no target status, no IFF, no minimap, no battlegrid, no heat gauge even) after a redrop until I either redrop in another mech or exit the match and reconnect. No, it's not the "toggle UI" hotkey - when the bug occurs, using that hotkey has no effect and unbinding it did not stop the issue either.

Add the two together and why, yes... I am seriously cheesed off.

Did you try the website instead of the ingame event tracker?
I it has been my primary way of checking the damage counts after every match, but I did compare with the event browser and they were consistent with one another.

View PostKhalcruth, on 28 May 2023 - 08:26 AM, said:

Maybe you could just...play for fun, enjoy the extremely fun games, and not worry about rewards?
After eight years of playing, 7 thousand hours in-game and collecting over five hundred mechs (close to seven hundred if you count my alt account), using the events as milestones to target is how I'm enjoying the game.

Edited by Horseman, 28 May 2023 - 09:56 AM.

#159 suum74

• PipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 76 posts
  • Location»Hoho! Afraskai kuku!«

Posted 28 May 2023 - 10:34 AM

Did you try the website instead of the ingame event tracker? I could only claim the IS and Clan Kill on the website, cause it is shown as not complete in the game.

Thank you for that tip! That easily worked for me and I just could redeem both IS and Clan Kill while they never seemed to work ingame the past days.

#160 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 May 2023 - 01:42 PM

Hmm.

I played hard quite a few hours and really, really tried to like faction play, as I had a great first match with no groups, all random single players like me, and everybody went hard and it rocked.

However, the more I played the more obvious it became my first match was not representative of faction play. Probably two-thirds of the matches I had involved mass groups that completely dominated, and basically ruined the thing. If anyone has a good time in a match where one side is down in kills 0-15 within the first five minutes of combat starting, it sure isn't me.

Faction Play seems to display an exaggerated version of the flaws found in quick play, unfortunately. Groups demolishing non-groups being the worst in terms of impact, and secondarily the occasional elite player farming a dozen kills with their first mech against opponents who should never have been on the field against them in the first place. You add a few occasions where a fellow has his last couple of mechs being dropped into a lance of enemy assault mechs waiting in the drop zone for the insta-kill, and you have an decidedly poor gaming experience on the whole.

Just don't see myself revisiting this kind of experience, regardless of rewards being offered.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users