• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 26 May 2023 - 05:08 PM

Here it is again: 9-man Team in defense mode ("Seige"), vs everyone else.
They even had Legendary mechs like Cyclops Arges (350m seismic sensors? +250m sensor range to allies?),
and also Shadow Hawk Scattershot (picks off exposed components at close range + JJ).

Picture as below, 9-man Team on one side, against everyone else:
https://e.pcloud.lin...mhTekDNibKb33JX

Edited by w0qj, 26 May 2023 - 05:23 PM.

#102 Half Ear

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 147 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 05:10 PM

The real question is how many matches can be going at the same time. When you see 24+ waiting in the queue....after going through more than 2 countdowns.. something is not right...

#103 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,106 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 05:32 PM

View PostHalf Ear, on 26 May 2023 - 05:10 PM, said:

The real question is how many matches can be going at the same time. When you see 24+ waiting in the queue....after going through more than 2 countdowns.. something is not right...

I wonder if the match can't be made because FP lobby can't assemble a game from the groups it's given. A bunch of sufficiently large groups with insufficient small groups and solos to create 2x12?

That just makes all the times I got bypassed as a solo funnier really.

Edited by the check engine light, 26 May 2023 - 05:32 PM.

#104 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 08:01 PM

Went in to play FP. But I quickly changed my mind...

Posted Image

Gg, PGI. Thx.

I'm probably going to play another game.
Gg, PGI. Thx.

#105 Evvo

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 09:10 PM

Sure hope the next sale will include patterns. I'm confident is has been a very long time since the last camo sale. There's also people that would love colors, bolt-ons, cockpit items+warhorns and maybe even decals. Can't remember the last time any of these has been on sale, and i hope they will be included more every now and then.

Edited by Evvo, 26 May 2023 - 09:10 PM.

#106 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,106 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 09:14 PM

2 bypasses.

This is not looking good.

K one drop and I'm good. Going back to QP now.

Edited by the check engine light, 26 May 2023 - 09:40 PM.

#107 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 455 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 09:26 PM

Not sure if it was noted already but the Awesome Pretty Baby is accidentally on for 0% off instead of 50% off.

#108 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 09:48 PM

The lack of matchmaking in FP is evident. I got lucky with the one match I tried and got carried by people much better than me... took my few hundred MC and moved back to QP. The other team had cadets in what appeared to be trial mechs.

#109 W4R GOD

• PipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 09:54 PM

About time fp got some love. Group play where its supposed to be.

#110 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,106 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 09:54 PM

Just a genrush. Whatever, didn't throw my mech in front of things enough for someone. They're welcome to ***** at someone else. You're not a commander. You're a verbally abusive person in an overpriced chair.

Edited by the check engine light, 26 May 2023 - 10:20 PM.

#111 W4R GOD

• PipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 10:34 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 26 May 2023 - 09:54 PM, said:

Just a genrush. Whatever, didn't throw my mech in front of things enough for someone. They're welcome to ***** at someone else. You're not a commander. You're a verbally abusive person in an overpriced chair.

Huh?

#112 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 10:37 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 26 May 2023 - 04:51 PM, said:

No matter what they do, it won't be useful unless the login time is shortened.

What login times? If you mean it takes long to find a match? Played some ~15 games Yesterday we waited no longer than 3 minutes for any of those games, most were fast as timer ran to zero.

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 26 May 2023 - 08:01 PM, said:

Went in to play FP. But I quickly changed my mind...
Gg, PGI. Thx.
I'm probably going to play another game.
Gg, PGI. Thx.

If way better team decides to farm enemy team... QQ
If way better team decides to destroy objective and go to next game looking more worthy opponent for each team... QQ

#113 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,106 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 10:39 PM

View PostW4R GOD, on 26 May 2023 - 10:34 PM, said:

Huh?

Not going to name and shame, but someone was getting unnecessarily barky on VOIP.

#114 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 11:54 PM

Made my first fp matches of the year. Yes there were teams who just slapped us out of the field. But I must admit most matches were fun. Made 2.500+ damage several times what was just ... nice.

The problems for most players is the fact, that you cannot run in circles in fp^^

#115 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,106 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 12:16 AM

View PostThe Chancelor, on 26 May 2023 - 11:54 PM, said:

Made my first fp matches of the year. Yes there were teams who just slapped us out of the field. But I must admit most matches were fun. Made 2.500+ damage several times what was just ... nice.

The problems for most players is the fact, that you cannot run in circles in fp^^

Was told to stay near generator and shoot things that tried to shoot it. Did as I was told, was then told if you're not losing mechs you're not defending well enough. Eventually MADIIC got blown up, so switched to fast jumpy to get back to gen fast and fight off incoming, and then it was an expletive laced demand to get atop the gen and bodyshield it with a ******* MLX.

At that point I think I decided the mode is best left to people like him. Enjoy.

View PostEvvo, on 26 May 2023 - 09:10 PM, said:

Sure hope the next sale will include patterns. I'm confident is has been a very long time since the last camo sale. There's also people that would love colors, bolt-ons, cockpit items+warhorns and maybe even decals. Can't remember the last time any of these has been on sale, and i hope they will be included more every now and then.

The spring color packs are still available. I got blooooooo am happy. Other pack had some duplicate colors. Do they ever do pick-a-palette sales?

Edited by the check engine light, 27 May 2023 - 12:39 AM.

#116 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 May 2023 - 01:21 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 26 May 2023 - 09:30 AM, said:

Sorry about the issues with the Challenges Folks!
I have done a pass to reduce the effort required to achieve them.

We are investigating why IS Kills and Clan Kills are not counting for some.
We suspect it has to do with Player Faction Allegiance and not the chosen Conflict allegiance.
I'm finding that while the event counted my matches correctly, the heavy mech and medium mech damage was not counted at all. That's... a bit of a problem.

View PostKingCobra, on 25 May 2023 - 08:04 PM, said:

Here is the truth PGI about Faction play its going to bomb on the events unless you make FP playable for everyone in MWO not just the comp players and meta junkies you're just going to have a baby seal slaughter if any pugs even try to group up and join the event.
It's a catch-22. If not enough pugs join the mode, those who do will be more likely to run into high level opponents.

So, my suggestion would be to have the matchmaker group up the first 12v12 with pugs and 4–12-man groups in ques not giving the 12 mans any advantages in FP ques
That doesn't really work, as most players queueing up are pugs.

and to keep the baby seal clubbing down make it (stock only mechs) are playable.
Wishful thinking. PGI could never make stock loadouts viable, and the MWOWC a few years back where they tried to make them the only option was not received well by the player base as a whole.

Edited by Horseman, 27 May 2023 - 01:31 AM.

#117 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 27 May 2023 - 01:21 AM

View PostCurccu, on 26 May 2023 - 10:37 PM, said:

What login times? If you mean it takes long to find a match? Played some ~15 games Yesterday we waited no longer than 3 minutes for any of those games, most were fast as timer ran to zero.

What will happen when the event is over? I'm not referring to the present moment.

#118 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 01:52 AM

View PostCurccu, on 26 May 2023 - 10:37 PM, said:

If way better team decides to farm enemy team... QQ
If way better team decides to destroy objective and go to next game looking more worthy opponent for each team... QQ

Why did you write this? What did you mean by that? That the matchmaker works perfectly and that there is a balance in the MWO? Or that MWO does not need a matchmaker and balance? Or maybe you wanted to say that what I showed in the picture - is good and I should thank PGI for at least the this gaming experience?
Or was it sarcasm?

#119 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 May 2023 - 02:02 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 27 May 2023 - 01:52 AM, said:

Why did you write this? What did you mean by that? That the matchmaker works perfectly and that there is a balance in the MWO? Or that MWO does not need a matchmaker and balance? Or maybe you wanted to say that what I showed in the picture - is good and I should thank PGI for at least the this gaming experience?

That you complain no matter if the superior team chooses to spare you the ignominy by ending the match quickly, or if they choose to play it out and farm you for score.

#120 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 02:15 AM

And now seriously. Who decided that it would be good to give people to complete tasks that affect both factions, but at the same time make it so that one of these factions will not participate in the conflict for an entire day? Is this trolling or a prank?
Look here. You have given four days for this event. My (although, I believe, this applies to the vast majority of players) playing time is Friday evening, three - four hours on Saturday, three - four hours on Sunday. Today I went in with the intention of playing for IS, but I saw that this faction is not involved in the conflict. The change of the conflict on the timer was supposed to take place in six or seven hours.
I waited for this time, went for the event. And I see that IS is again out of the conflict. Thus, at least 1/3 of the time available for me to play (half weekend) I could not start the game because the developer said: boy, here are the tasks for both factions - do it, but keep in mind that one of the factions will not participate in conflict.
And even if you generously decide to extend this event for a week, then in fact it will not change anything. Because by next Friday (when I can play FP again), the interest in this event among the players will drop so much that there will simply be no point in waiting for the battle - there will be no one to play.
Once again, I admire the balance of your decisions.
PGI, I give you a standing ovation.

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 27 May 2023 - 02:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users