All-Out-War Faction Play Weekend Event And Sale

243 replies to this topic

#121 Tywren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 02:49 AM

View PostThe Chancelor, on 26 May 2023 - 11:54 PM, said:

The problems for most players is the fact, that you cannot run in circles in fp^^

And how's that map designee philosophy working for FP? hour + wait times for a match you say, tragic! Meanwhile in GP you can get in a match in less than 10 minutes. Face it, NASCAR is far preferable to being forced to march **** first into a shooting gallery with next to no cover like a conscript in Stalingrad, all while being carved to pieces by ERLL vomit, and LURM sperm with the occasional gauss thrown in for good measure.

It's fairly clear that the Siege maps were made with the same mindset, and most likely by the same people, who did the original Polar Highlands, which was so hated that it almost never saw play, and when it did you'd see 2 to 3 people per side disconnect and take the penalty rather than play on that godforsaken map. It was so bad PGI had to eventually break down, and completely redesign it. Vault is the worst offender, but all of the Siege maps need a complete rework, just like Polar, and for the exact same reason!

#122 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 May 2023 - 03:07 AM

View PostHorseman, on 27 May 2023 - 01:21 AM, said:

I'm finding that while the event counted my matches correctly, the heavy mech and medium mech damage was not counted at all. That's... a bit of a problem.

For realsies now. Hellbringer Virago, Hellbringer Prime, Sun Spider Ambush, Hunchback IIC A. 1.5K damage combined across the three heavies. The amount credited towards the event? 700.

Edited by Horseman, 27 May 2023 - 03:07 AM.

#123 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 05:36 AM

On the pro side:
The 11 drop decks i bought with real money years ago, just before FP was killed by the "Year of Faction Play" and my old Clan fell apart, finally make sense (not really).

On the con side:
As already stated by others. Clan vs. Clan doesn´t count for "Clan Kill". That´s what i wanted to write right now, but suddenly the reward is unlocked. Guess it was fixed just this moment.

Edited by Wishmast3r, 27 May 2023 - 05:37 AM.

#124 JetPirate

• Pip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 05:53 AM

go FP events regularly. Every week is pretty nice

#125 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 06:05 AM

Medium and heavy mech damage challenges are seeing the slowest progression, didn't expect to see that, not sure if I will make it happen before the even is over...guess I could try use a drop deck full of mediums and another full of heavies.

Edited by simon1812, 27 May 2023 - 06:11 AM.

#126 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 06:08 AM

View PostHorseman, on 27 May 2023 - 03:07 AM, said:

For realsies now. Hellbringer Virago, Hellbringer Prime, Sun Spider Ambush, Hunchback IIC A. 1.5K damage combined across the three heavies. The amount credited towards the event? 700.

Somebody suggested earlier to try without using hero mechs, don't if it works though, haven't tired yet.

Edited by simon1812, 27 May 2023 - 06:10 AM.

#127 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 May 2023 - 09:02 AM

@PGI,
Please provide some feedback on how the Matchmaker is working when the event concludes. Observations, stats on queue population during periods of the day, group composition, whatever you have that's interesting. I'm curious.

#128 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 09:56 AM

Whoever is currently fixing the event on his saturday freetime. Thank you.

#129 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 10:29 AM

Can the sale go on for the rest of the week, Please and thank you/

#130 Green Astronaut

• Pip
  • Sergeant
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 10:33 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 26 May 2023 - 09:30 AM, said:

Sorry about the issues with the Challenges Folks!
I have done a pass to reduce the effort required to achieve them.

We are investigating why IS Kills and Clan Kills are not counting for some.
We suspect it has to do with Player Faction Allegiance and not the chosen Conflict allegiance.

Thanks again for events/work. No complaints. Confused if this means problem was fixed or not though. I checked since adjustments and still cannot complete "FP Clan Kills - Earn 1 Clan Kills in Faction Play'
Edit: Never mind, I'm an idiot. Thanks again.

Edited by Green Astronaut, 27 May 2023 - 03:02 PM.

#131 Fae Puka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 10:45 AM

. . . and within a couple of hours, all the toxic elements came out that had ruined faction play previously; spawn camping, farming instead of objective completion, etc.

These events are likely to be the first dip into the faction warfare pool for many players and their experiences are highly unlikely to make them want to support the mode. Well played to the usual suspects for sweeping the mode clean of potential players, again.

#132 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 10:48 AM

View PostFae Puka, on 27 May 2023 - 10:45 AM, said:

. . . and within a couple of hours, all the toxic elements came out that had ruined faction play previously; spawn camping, farming instead of objective completion, etc.

These events are likely to be the first dip into the faction warfare pool for many players and their experiences are highly unlikely to make them want to support the mode. Well played to the usual suspects for sweeping the mode clean of potential players, again.

I went in with low expectations because it's a mode I'm still new to and I have a rough idea of what needs to happen with what loadouts and that low bar got limbo'd under by someone who thinks being mouthy engenders enthusiasm for their orders.

I don't care that we got gen rushed. It's clearly an option, and Red took it.

Edited by the check engine light, 27 May 2023 - 11:07 AM.

#133 Oriffel

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 01:22 PM

View PostFae Puka, on 27 May 2023 - 10:45 AM, said:

i see what you mean. Last night was good fun, now its full of anger and sweat.

#134 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 May 2023 - 01:45 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 27 May 2023 - 06:08 AM, said:

Somebody suggested earlier to try without using hero mechs, don't if it works though, haven't tired yet.

A regular ASN-23 did not count for me just now, so this seems to be something else.

#135 TWLT S

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 02:18 PM

At least I had fun with the event...

#136 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 May 2023 - 02:19 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 26 May 2023 - 09:30 AM, said:

Sorry about the issues with the Challenges Folks!
I have done a pass to reduce the effort required to achieve them.

We are investigating why IS Kills and Clan Kills are not counting for some.
We suspect it has to do with Player Faction Allegiance and not the chosen Conflict allegiance.

Hey Matt, I just did over 1K damage between two Warhammers. Guess how much of it counted for the event?
None.

#137 Odwalla

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 178 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 02:47 PM

Just finished the event. FP is not for me, way too stompy. My biggest issue is you know you lost in the first 5-10 minutes. Then you have to wait another 20 minutes to finish getting farmed. QM stomps aren't fun either but at least they don't drag on. Anyway, thanks for the event and gl to the ppl enjoying FP.

#138 Oriffel

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 03:49 PM

Ok, whole new set of issues! I can't select my drop decks. well i can select, but it keeps deploying the same old loadout. Atlas and heavy damage is not registering either. Nor are any kills.

#139 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 27 May 2023 - 04:12 PM

https://www.youtubet...0&end=60&loop=0

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#140 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 May 2023 - 05:27 PM

View PostPocketYoda, on 26 May 2023 - 05:48 AM, said:

Why is the Awesomes never on sale?

And sorry no rewards are going to entice me into faction play.. Nothing is worth being farmed like that.

I see they put Awesomes at 0%off all because i asked why they were never put on sale.. Thats pretty spiteful man, you want spiteful sure there goes my $100 AUD Stone Rhino pre order.. good luck with ******** on customers.

View PostDaeron Katz, on 26 May 2023 - 01:16 PM, said:

Added Awesome to sale.

No you didn't 0% off is not a sale..

Edited by PocketYoda, 27 May 2023 - 05:30 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users