All-Out-War Faction Play Weekend Event And Sale

243 replies to this topic

#21 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 12:34 PM

View PostBROARL, on 25 May 2023 - 12:28 PM, said:

you have posted more comments on this thread than anyone yet you have nothing positive to add, perhaps you may achieve more if you focus on the things in the game you actually enjoy?

FP players having an FP event is a positive. I view it as such.

Edited by the check engine light, 25 May 2023 - 12:34 PM.

#22 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,946 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 May 2023 - 01:26 PM

You guys should run this for 3 weeks, rather than just 4 days.

Tukayyid was a 21 day war afterall..

I haven't played Faction Play since the Battle of Tukayyid event..

GIves time to get our old crews together, or newer players a chance to group up and dial in their mechs.

Otherwise its just going to benefit the Comp players, who already have dropdecks setup and strats down.

In other words, its going to be a farming frenzy for new players, or broken unprepared groups.

Edited by Cyborne Elemental, 25 May 2023 - 01:29 PM.

#23 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 01:27 PM

View PostCyborne Elemental, on 25 May 2023 - 01:26 PM, said:

GIves time to get our old crews together, or newer players a chance to group up and dial in their mechs.

Otherwise its just going to benefit the Comp players, who already have dropdecks setup and strats down.

In other words, its going to be a farming frenzy for new players, or broken unprepared groups.

Hey look somebody figured it out.

Edited by the check engine light, 25 May 2023 - 01:27 PM.

#24 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 01:37 PM

i hope the 23 people who show up will have a good match.

to be fair if it does bring players out of the woodwork id probibly skittle into it. i can hold my own in fp, pull my weight, etc. but im not sitting in the lobby for more than 15 minutes. ive always said there should be more fp events to draw more players to the mode. this is the way to do it. but if the regulars are going to see this as a feeding frenzy, you are going to do the polar opposite of that. otherwise this is a much needed opportunity to breathe more life into the mode. dont bung it up.

Edited by LordNothing, 25 May 2023 - 01:47 PM.

#25 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 02:06 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 25 May 2023 - 01:37 PM, said:

i hope the 23 people who show up will have a good match.

to be fair if it does bring players out of the woodwork id probibly skittle into it. i can hold my own in fp, pull my weight, etc. but im not sitting in the lobby for more than 15 minutes. ive always said there should be more fp events to draw more players to the mode. this is the way to do it. but if the regulars are going to see this as a feeding frenzy, you are going to do the polar opposite of that. otherwise this is a much needed opportunity to breathe more life into the mode. dont bung it up.

I'd probably get demolished even with some prep but after last night I'm quite used to that.

Freebies and all that. Might make GSP packs worth the buying.

Edited by the check engine light, 25 May 2023 - 02:07 PM.

#26 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 02:19 PM

definately have to give grimmechs a perusal, especially for the range boats. i will need range boats. last time i played it was all range attrition play. the polar opposite of what i like to do.

Edited by LordNothing, 25 May 2023 - 02:22 PM.

#27 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 02:30 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 25 May 2023 - 02:19 PM, said:

definately have to give grimmechs a perusal, especially for the range boats. i will need range boats. last time i played it was all range attrition play. the polar opposite of what i like to do.

Didn't see any flagged as FP specific last I looked but I can probably get a Stalker and load it with ERLL and have IS covered with what I have. Clan might be "good enough". I'll figure out some workaround for Linux MWO client deciding my mic should be static.

#28 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 02:31 PM

View PostCyborne Elemental, on 25 May 2023 - 01:26 PM, said:

Tukayyid was a 21 day war afterall..

This is the first of what will now be monthly Faction Play events and corresponding sales, and ongoing investigations into what we can achieve in the way of updates and fixes to the game mode. This could include things like adjusting timers and Clan drop deck tonnage, continued adjustments to the maps, and more depending on desired changes and our resources available.

The monthly Faction Play events/sales will now be 2 weekends before each Patch, however this could be altered for larger events like Tukayyid etc.

#29 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 25 May 2023 - 02:40 PM

While I might give it a try, I don't think I'll wait more than maybe 15 minutes for a match to happen. Or endure more than maybe 1 or 2 drops where my team is completely outclassed. Matchmaking is bad enough in QP already, having this be not existent in FP is quite discouraging.

#30 evil kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 02:44 PM

i cant say how hyped i am for faction play. ive waited it seems like 3 years for pgi to send it some love (idk the exact time, definetly ive been waiting since pauls year of faction play announcement, haha).

if anyone is worried about getting matches for the event, a few players have initiated a faction play shin-dig over on ivers twitch discord. ivor is a twicth streamer who plays with dps, a faction play unit that plays fw semi-regularly. so far there are over 60 people signed up to come play in the discord groups, and at the end of the day, everyone who participates in ivors discord on friday night will be elegible for 2 drawings for a legendary mech, funded by fjrd and gnx.

i really hope to see everyone there if they are looking to complete this event in as timely a manner as possible. every fw vet knows matches pop off faster when you are in a group, and the discord will have open groups for all who are interested to join. come get your feet wet and see what this "coordination" thing feels like to play as.

the link to the discord and the event page is: https://discord.gg/w7Y69vZk

#31 Urbie Connoisseur

• PipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 03:00 PM

So we're encouraging 12-man groups to pubstomp even more?
Like, gee, I can't possibly imagine why FP is in such a terrible state when people make 10-12 man groups to deliberately make it miserable for the majority of the playerbase.

Edited by Marida Connoisseur, 25 May 2023 - 11:15 PM.

#32 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 03:09 PM

View PostMarida Connoisseur, on 25 May 2023 - 03:00 PM, said:

Look at it this way:

We get free **** for showing up to feed the sharks for a bit. What are they going to do, self-own by bragging about beating less practiced players? Complain about puggles in FP and prove a lot of us right about their mindset? Lmao. Drink their tears like Hennessy.

#33 evil kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 03:10 PM

ya, exactly, but theres a caveat. you see, everyone else is allowed to find 11 like minded FRIENDS and play with them, but not you. so everyone else whos mad about getting stomped can go find a 12 man to befriend and join like everyone else, except you. idk why, but your account isnt allowed to join groups. thats probably why this issue seems to anger you. id be pissed off too. sorry man, thats a shame.

#34 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 465 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 03:32 PM

Time to give FP a go!

Looks like a cool event!

#35 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 04:25 PM

i for one will not be installing that discord malware on my computer. not that i can even use it being anti-phone.

#36 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 04:45 PM

like i said, they can use this as an opportunity to promote the mode. or they can do what they accuse pugs of, playing for personal gain, farm the living **** out of them, and then make more players swear off the mode in perpetuity. they can gerrymander the queue, they can stack skill, they can cheat (its happened before), they can all join the same side so they never have to fight eachother. i hope we could at least get a clean fight and give the mode a fighting chance.

and pugs, at least try for once to function as a team. it can be hard without a drop caller or any fp experience at all. just remember you're not playing qp anymore. you cant just nascar and expect to win, and if you doddle, they will notice and capitalize on the opportunity and take a stronger position. support eachother (that doesnt mean bring support mechs) and bring map appropriate mechs whenever possible. meta is preferred.

Edited by LordNothing, 25 May 2023 - 04:48 PM.

#37 PiVoR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 May 2023 - 04:50 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 25 May 2023 - 02:31 PM, said:

This is the first of what will now be monthly Faction Play events and corresponding sales, and ongoing investigations into what we can achieve in the way of updates and fixes to the game mode. This could include things like adjusting timers and Clan drop deck tonnage, continued adjustments to the maps, and more depending on desired changes and our resources available.

The monthly Faction Play events/sales will now be 2 weekends before each Patch, however this could be altered for larger events like Tukayyid etc.

all you have to do is to disable team stacking, make it like QP where people are scattered on both sides, not like one team is full of veteran players with maxed mechs while others is a full PUG with 0 node mechs

#38 W A R L O R D

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 116 posts
  • LocationMy Direwolf

Posted 25 May 2023 - 04:55 PM

Very nice! This will be a fun event. Thank you!

#39 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,403 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 25 May 2023 - 05:50 PM

Event Page Bugs report:
https://mwomercs.com/events/522

1) Only Killing Blows count towards the [10x_Kill/KMDD_in_Faction_Play] accolade... please fix, thanks!

2) Clan kills only count towards IS_Kills (IS/Clan Kill counts switched around?)
ie: [Earn 5 IS Kills in Faction Play] = 2
~~When I've played only Clan faction (I was with Wolf faction)

Edited by w0qj, 25 May 2023 - 06:21 PM.

#40 NoZaku4U

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationThe Citadel, Pacifica

Posted 25 May 2023 - 06:04 PM

First, and only, FP drop for this event, 8-man and a 2-man group on the other side. All 12 pugs on ours.
A quick reminder on why I quit FP to begin with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users