#61 CrustyMech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 148 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 December 2023 - 06:37 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 13 December 2023 - 02:04 PM, said:

In quickplay? I check the boxes for both NA and EU servers. Play styles are more or less similar.

\
I was referring to faction play - but I realized that's not an option for that mode Posted Image.

Thanks for your input!

#62 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 01:53 AM

Yea. FP is always na servers. I was talking about time zone as u already figured out. From what I hear NA still got some more premades, so might be tougher to get in match, but just keep an eye open for the que numbers in FP tab. U know how to check them?

Otherwise I think data once made an video on utube, that is still valid.

#63 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 06:13 AM

I feel this has already been mentioned before but who wants to ******* spend 30-45 minutes waiting to get facerolled and spawnfarmed in a 10 minute tops game?

Practically ******* nobody.

That's why the mode sucks and is almost dead.

#64 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 11:33 AM

Or git gud? If u get stomped. Prob missed:

1 mechlab
2 friends
3 skill

Missing 1of these is ok. More receipt for disaster

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 14 December 2023 - 12:13 PM.

#65 CrustyMech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 148 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 December 2023 - 11:58 AM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 14 December 2023 - 01:53 AM, said:

Yea. FP is always na servers. I was talking about time zone as u already figured out. From what I hear NA still got some more premades, so might be tougher to get in match, but just keep an eye open for the que numbers in FP tab. U know how to check them?

Otherwise I think data once made an video on utube, that is still valid.

I believe I found info on that, thanks!

#66 CrustyMech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 148 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 December 2023 - 12:02 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 14 December 2023 - 06:13 AM, said:

I feel this has already been mentioned before but who wants to ******* spend 30-45 minutes waiting to get facerolled and spawnfarmed in a 10 minute tops game?

Practically ******* nobody.

That's why the mode sucks and is almost dead.

The face-rolled don't bug me, it's still all fun Posted Image. See my comment above on the Piranha pre-made spawn Posted Image. The 30-45 M wait might be the deciding factor though... thanks for your input!

#67 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 12:16 PM

if u understood the video info and get used to the times, its either fast matches or no matches. Normally i try to get one match (painting some minis or playing something else in the wait time). If i get skipped i call it a day. U need to get in the cicle, since most evenings only one set of drops is happening. Bringing a friend drastically improves your mm chances, since u get priority over solo puggas.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 14 December 2023 - 12:17 PM.

#68 CrustyMech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 148 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 December 2023 - 02:13 PM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 14 December 2023 - 12:16 PM, said:

if u understood the video info and get used to the times, its either fast matches or no matches. Normally i try to get one match (painting some minis or playing something else in the wait time). If i get skipped i call it a day. U need to get in the cicle, since most evenings only one set of drops is happening. Bringing a friend drastically improves your mm chances, since u get priority over solo puggas.

Thanks very much - I have to see if any of my old buds are still around, but that's a good tip!

#69 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 04 January 2024 - 10:53 AM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 14 December 2023 - 12:16 PM, said:

As a solo pugga I could prove the truth of that.

#70 Jolly Llama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 457 posts

Posted 22 January 2024 - 06:35 AM

I can never get a match. The que just keeps counting down and resetting. This game mode has always been a bust. I quit playing years ago an just came back to find not really much has changed. Faction play sucks, because I can never get a match.

#71 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 22 January 2024 - 10:09 PM

Do u understand how the que works? (Serious question)

#72 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 25 January 2024 - 04:06 PM

View PostJolly Llama, on 22 January 2024 - 06:35 AM, said:

I can never get a match. The que just keeps counting down and resetting. This game mode has always been a bust. I quit playing years ago an just came back to find not really much has changed. Faction play sucks, because I can never get a match.

Europe/russia timezone: 19:00 - 00:00 o'clock
America eastcoast timezone: 19:00 - 00:00 o'clock
America westcoast timezone: 19:00 - 00:00 o'clock
asia timezone: forget it almost nobody plays faction play in asia timezone

groups are prioritized by the matchmaker, so even in a 2 man group is better than dropping alone.

if you are willing to switch sides IS /Clan you can switch to the side, that needs players.

8/12 left side is attackers, right side defenders You always need to add yourself as +1 to the queue you are queueing. So in our example if you are on attacker side(the left side) the number is in reality 9/12 or if you are on defender side 8/13.

if the counter shows 1/0 it could be that nobody is online and willing to play faction play at the moment

or

a match has started only a short time ago, and now you have to wait until a) more other players are coming and a second match is starting b ) the started game is being finished and the people from this now finished match are willing to play again.

hope I was being able to help you.

EDIT. Spelling ad -> add

Edited by tee5, 26 January 2024 - 11:55 AM.

#73 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 25 January 2024 - 06:38 PM

View Posttee5, on 25 January 2024 - 04:06 PM, said:

asia timezone: forget it almost nobody plays faction play in asia timezone

A bunch of Australians just shed a single tear...

Faction would be better if known cheats and teams that just want to sit back whilst everyone else pug armours for them were dealt with.

#74 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 26 January 2024 - 11:59 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 25 January 2024 - 06:38 PM, said:

A bunch of Australians just shed a single tear...

Sorry a couple of years ago I would have written there is a little chance you can get matches in asiatimezone because of the australian guys. But this slight chance has gone to zero.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users