Why Does Faction Play Suck Soooo Bad?

73 replies to this topic

#21 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 18 June 2023 - 05:06 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 18 June 2023 - 12:37 AM, said:

I often hear that FP players are w@ng-teated elitist crotch-bewbs and such. How they are toxic and curse you because you appear even and just in the queue...
I not met with such things, really. I must say my teams so far always tolerated that I am "far below their skill level" and some even granted me advices. Or shot by your team mates considered toxic? Or foul speech? I hard to imagine, repeat, as I not met with such things.
The difficulty level of FP? Sure more challenging than QP and need different play-style. But that is the point: The challenge!
You know what a feeling when you defeat an opponent far superior than you? Worth that lots of failures I think. And FP also has some unique feel I think. I prefer FP over QP since my cadet time and thus I find it sad that FP matches are so rare (long wait times, yes, but more players should cut the time). I would really appreciate some changes like randomise attackers\defenders. Some more events - not because the rewards but the many new players whom may stay and return later.

Why does FP sucks? It does not.
But QP-lovers often forget that FP need some special approach. No yolo-nascar zumm-zumm around (what strategy I still find odd when met with it in QP, I mean why nascaring at all?!)...
But we could flip the things: Why QP sucks? Because it's inhabited by QP players?
Seriously, some QP players are... <censored for the sake of all gods>. I met a brain-damaged jerk in every third QP matches. But hey! Why the question why FP sucks? QP sucks as much because RL people has no "quality check\controll".

If you want to pin-point the troubles of FP, sure, do it! It has some, really. But why always just FP is investigated? QP is not the virgin mother of the savior but much more the butt of devil. Both modes has it's qualities, troubles, errors. What even PGI seems to forgotten is how to exploit the DIFFERENCES between the two modes and so far they failed it miserably (maybe not only their fault I admit)...

Oh QP is plenty wretched in its own right and QP players are bad enough, don't misunderstand me. QP at least tends to get things over with faster with less pretense and less downtime. QP also doesn't have an extra learning curve beyond the same one every other player encounters.

#22 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 18 June 2023 - 05:17 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 18 June 2023 - 01:15 AM, said:

Hmmm... pretty sure I started a casual unit that was based on only playing FP, took in new players that wanted to learn and play as part of a team. We welcomed players, helped them with builds, called drops with PuG's and solos and generally were pretty relaxed......BUT the number of times I was told by "casual" players during a game that they weren't interested in following the calls or even sticking with the team and that I "shouldn't be telling them what to do" eventually stopped me from calling and now even talking over VOIP.

So, in my experience the "solo" players are actually the ones with toxic behaviour and I've gotten to the point where, if I play at all, I only use the comm wheel and stay silent otherwise.

How's that unit doing lately? Noticed the past tense usage.

Anyway, I would be more sympathetic to parts of this save for the fact that I hear just as much ******* stuff over VOIP as I do helpful calls. Maybe you're a "good one" but I really can't say that I give a **** either way anymore. I go in assuming people will be ******** and I am rarely if ever disappointed and only occasionally pleasantly surprised.

QP is the suckage I got used to. Praise is usually faint, vague if not damning, criticism can be shoved up the bearer's arse sideways as far as I care because of that. FP players clearly have very high expectations for the newbie randos they have to settle for, and they can go to hell as a result. I'm not going to show up to take guff from some venomous old armchair general I have zero reason to please like some obedient dog. Give orders plainly, I will follow as best as I can. Get ****** and barky, add details after the fact in a hostile tone, and I'll leave you to lock yourself in your little box and go back to QP.

Edited by the check engine light, 18 June 2023 - 10:43 AM.

#23 Attercop

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 June 2023 - 08:14 PM

Ladies, ladies - can't we just agree that everyone is a toxic **** and move on?

#24 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 20 June 2023 - 08:20 PM

View PostAttercop, on 20 June 2023 - 08:14 PM, said:

Ladies, ladies - can't we just agree that everyone is a toxic **** and move on?

Move on to WHAT exactly

#25 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,786 posts

Posted 28 June 2023 - 05:30 PM

what sucks my enthusiasm for the mode out of me is the wait times. when they do an event its better, and i think they intend to do more of those. but in the mean time i just stick to qp.

#26 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,786 posts

Posted 28 June 2023 - 06:26 PM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 18 June 2023 - 01:15 AM, said:

Hmmm... pretty sure I started a casual unit that was based on only playing FP, took in new players that wanted to learn and play as part of a team. We welcomed players, helped them with builds, called drops with PuG's and solos and generally were pretty relaxed......BUT the number of times I was told by "casual" players during a game that they weren't interested in following the calls or even sticking with the team and that I "shouldn't be telling them what to do" eventually stopped me from calling and now even talking over VOIP.

So, in my experience the "solo" players are actually the ones with toxic behaviour and I've gotten to the point where, if I play at all, I only use the comm wheel and stay silent otherwise.

if were being honest, ive seen entitled fckwits on both sides, but ive also seen great players on both sides. the majority being the latter, but it only takes a few bad apples to ruin it.

Edited by LordNothing, 28 June 2023 - 06:26 PM.

#27 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 28 June 2023 - 06:33 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 28 June 2023 - 06:26 PM, said:

if were being honest, ive seen entitled fckwits on both sides, but ive also seen great players on both sides. the majority being the latter, but it only takes a few bad apples to ruin it.

It's enough.

Lock the FP players in their little box and tell them to sort their apple baskets themselves. Not my job to reinvigorate their mode.

Edited by the check engine light, 28 June 2023 - 06:35 PM.

#28 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 29 June 2023 - 12:44 AM

If u are not interested in the mode, that is ok. But trolling in the forum about a player base u never get in touch with is quite strange.
Who said u have to fix the mode or even play it if u don't like the basic concept (I don't play event que, and only QP until fp got some more life in the EU main time) ? The easy fixes have been communicated quite often. But instead pgi is moving generators...

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 29 June 2023 - 02:15 AM.

#29 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,786 posts

Posted 29 June 2023 - 04:39 PM

only thing i want out of the mode is more games. if a change wont repopulate the mode its useless. monthly events at least intermittently populate the mode.

#30 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 29 June 2023 - 04:51 PM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 29 June 2023 - 12:44 AM, said:

If u are not interested in the mode, that is ok. But trolling in the forum about a player base u never get in touch with is quite strange.
Who said u have to fix the mode or even play it if u don't like the basic concept (I don't play event que, and only QP until fp got some more life in the EU main time) ? The easy fixes have been communicated quite often. But instead pgi is moving generators...

I like the idea of something that breaks the usual QP loop. When I show up ready to cooperate and learn, with a drop deck that's suitable for the mode, and get **** on for my trouble, it definitely leaves a sour taste. Even sourer with the amount of waiting I did.

Edited by the check engine light, 29 June 2023 - 04:53 PM.

#31 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 29 June 2023 - 10:28 PM

So assuming u got the mech lab part ok. U can still work the friends part and gitgud. Even just one guy grouping with u, will drastically improve your chance to get an match. If u got 24 single players on your side, normally u get skipped 50% of the time. Just one buddy and u are guaranteed a spot (in this admittedly strange example). And u even got one guys to communicate and if all fails to share the salt with.

Assuming this is not an alt account u are quite average in your skill, so just see it as an opportunity to work on your trading. What u and many pure solo players tend to call tryhards are just the few remaining players that know the mode very well. Sadly the skill level in mwo is so low, that an average shooter player with some XP playing with his few remaining fellas is like the ultra tryhards

Don't try to get matches when que is dead /outside of eu/us main time.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 30 June 2023 - 09:22 AM.

#32 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 30 June 2023 - 05:23 AM

If I bother again it will be after I claw my way into T1.

#33 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 30 June 2023 - 11:45 AM

Just one buddy and u are guaranteed a spot

So bad the only from my unit who also frequently plays FP is an IS-guy... So PUG-life remains for me...

Don't try to get matches when que is dead /outside of eu/us main time.

Not even main time is a guarantee. But easier to get into any kind of match :)

an opportunity to work on your trading

Literally meaning: Try not to die first :)

Hmmm, when this summer looting would be done I revise my dropdecks with some fresh heroes! I sure choose a second Ebon Dragoon for SRM-bombing, the current LLazor sniper is to situational...

I <3 FP, yeah :)

#34 Baba Yogi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 452 posts
  • LocationIstanbul

Posted 15 July 2023 - 12:29 PM

You never play faction play. In fact i am mad the fact that we have a very lucrative event based on Faction play. They should never have added so much in-game incentive for such a horrible game mode.

#35 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 16 July 2023 - 01:38 AM

Looks like someone brought his lurm atlas to fp

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 16 July 2023 - 01:38 AM.

#36 Baba Yogi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 452 posts
  • LocationIstanbul

Posted 16 July 2023 - 04:31 AM

Actually it was 2xERPPC Arctic Wolf, 4xLPL RiflemanIIC, ecm + 4LPL MadCat + 4xERLL HBKIIC. But sure, you can pretend they were lrm15 atlases if it makes you feel better.

#37 badpiggy

• PipPip
  • Compie
  • Compie
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 July 2023 - 04:55 AM

View PostLordhammer, on 16 July 2023 - 04:31 AM, said:

Actually it was 2xERPPC Arctic Wolf, 4xLPL RiflemanIIC, ecm + 4LPL MadCat + 4xERLL HBKIIC. But sure, you can pretend they were lrm15 atlases if it makes you feel better.

That’s a pretty weak deck for FP.

#38 oligodeoxyhexosulose

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2023 - 06:32 AM

4xLPL RiflemanIIC, ecm + 4LPL MadCat

Did you just spend an additional 25 tons and gain extra ghost heat to gain a piece of ECM?

#39 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 16 July 2023 - 11:00 PM

Two medium and two heavy is not optimal. Maybe try a 4x heavy deck or add an assault and a light to have all weight classes. I prefer the full-heavy decks but for siege assaults could be more than handy!
Just my opinion though...

#40 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 17 July 2023 - 05:21 AM

new players play with the mechs they have

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users