Is Omnimechs For Mwo

46 replies to this topic

Poll: IS OmniMech for MWO (62 member(s) have cast votes)

At this point, should IS OmniMechs be in MWO?

1. Yes (56 votes [90.32%])

Percentage of vote: 90.32%

2. No (6 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

How should the XL Engine Problem be handled?

1. Survivability, Armor Quirks and Doubled hitpoints for the side torsos. (16 votes [30.19%])

Percentage of vote: 30.19%

2. Make Light Fusion Engine or Standard Engine Variants for Early Adopters or Add-Ons (4 votes [7.55%])

Percentage of vote: 7.55%

3. New Engine: IS Omni XL Engine (33 votes [62.26%])

Percentage of vote: 62.26%

Vote

#41 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 05:50 AM

View PostWill9761, on 27 November 2023 - 08:40 PM, said:

Out of all the IS Omnis, I've seen the Owens and Strider should stay out of MWO. Even though they are classics, the former doesn't have enough weapons and despite having a Standard Engine, the minimal weapon hardpoints won't help. The latter has lackluster weapon hardpoints as well and is not that speedy. They don't even hold a candle to Raptor in terms of performance and their BattleMech predecessors could whip them.

Yeah the Cicada would thrash a Strider any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Jenners of any variant would utterly trash an Owens, no contest.

Either fudge the Strider's engine (have fun XLing with what those hitboxes would look like) and fudge the Owens' SHS or they're DOA.

#42 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 09:11 PM

I genuine hope that MW5 Clans goes above 3052 so we can get IS Omnis. If not, maybe for DLC that pushes the era to 3057 or 3060.

#43 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 January 2024 - 03:08 PM

I certainly wouldn't get my hopes up for the base game. I very seriously suspect a game that spans two or three years from either the initial invasion, or slightly before (on Huntress in training, plus the "year or so" it takes to get from the homeworlds to the Inner Sphere), through the Battle of Tukayyid, and ends at the beginning of the 15 year truce. Definitely leaves it open for DLC, but not much else happens with the Smoke Jaguars between 3052, and 3057, with the beginning of Operation Bulldog.

#44 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 13 April 2024 - 10:45 AM

WOO YEAH!!! It's happening!
:https://mwomercs.com...gends-q2-update
The Black Hawk KU
Posted Image

I want to thank those people who voted in support of IS Omnis, as well as those who voted no and gave valid discussions and legitimate reasons for the problems that IS Omni could impose. I said that I wouldn't buy anything unless IS Omnis were a thing in my forum signature and I am a man of my word. I don't care if I get clipped in the torso from an XL Engine, I'll be playing and enjoying them. After all they are staples of the BT Universe just like the Unseens. Once it comes out, I'll buy it. Again thank you PGI for adding and for people who voted for (and against, but gave valid reasons) the IS Omnis to be in MWO.

Edited by Will9761, 13 April 2024 - 05:08 PM.

#45 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 13 April 2024 - 11:12 AM

@Will9761, now pretty much everybody is stoked at this point Posted Image

Edited by Ch_R0me, 13 April 2024 - 11:12 AM.

#46 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 14 April 2024 - 02:20 AM

Nice PGI.

#47 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 20 April 2024 - 01:05 PM

Since IS Omnimechs are now a part of MWO, this thread has outlived its necessity.
Thank you all for your valiant efforts!

Thread closed by OP request.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users