Predictable Result From Releasing A Ton Of Assaults:

120 replies to this topic

#1 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 25 July 2023 - 05:14 PM

Drops are now so obscenely heavy that it is considerably more difficult to be anything below Heavy. I basically feel like I'm sandbagging if I run Med or Light.

60 percent ******* Assaults.

Edited by the check engine light, 25 July 2023 - 05:34 PM.

#2 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 25 July 2023 - 06:20 PM

You wanted assaults you got assaults.Light mech "_____" OP! Must nerf light mech "___!" I've been campaigning for more/better lights since beta but now you can keep adding more assaults and power creep. How many years did I have to beg for the kgc to fire both ac 20s with no ghost heat while the dhgy fnr ruled?

Since 2016 I've called for all 35ts to go back to their original size before and after the 20ts came in and took over the weight class. One light mech pilot can't fix the whole dam class when all you want are "moar assults! Nerf lights!"

#3 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 25 July 2023 - 06:33 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 25 July 2023 - 06:20 PM, said:

You wanted assaults you got assaults.Light mech "_____" OP! Must nerf light mech "___!" I've been campaigning for more/better lights since beta but now you can keep adding more assaults and power creep. How many years did I have to beg for the kgc to fire both ac 20s with no ghost heat while the dhgy fnr ruled? Since 2016 I've called for all 35ts to go back to their original size before and after the 20ts came in and took over the weight class. One light mech pilot can't fix the whole dam class when all you want are "moar assults! Nerf lights!"

I have done no such thing you absolute ******* dolt. I play mostly Mediums.

Edited by the check engine light, 25 July 2023 - 06:34 PM.

#4 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,576 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 25 July 2023 - 06:38 PM

So would this mean for MWO Comp 2023 ? ;)

By the way, really liked the format of TSP 2022 (Tournament Supporter Pack) from last year, hoping that it would stay the same this year for TSP 2023 ! ;)

#5 TW-Luna

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 July 2023 - 06:39 PM

I actually saw you in a match, was definitely a weird bunch in that one.

Now is the absolute best time to play a heavy hitting medium or heavy mech, like, it's so easy to do good damage with everyone and their mother focusing the silly amount of assault.

Peak with your team and stick around the assaults (unless you're specifically a skirmisher build), rack up the numbers as you help your assaults.

#6 Asylum Choir

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 July 2023 - 06:51 PM

View PostTW-Luna, on 25 July 2023 - 06:39 PM, said:

I actually saw you in a match, was definitely a weird bunch in that one.

Now is the absolute best time to play a heavy hitting medium or heavy mech, like, it's so easy to do good damage with everyone and their mother focusing the silly amount of assault.

Peak with your team and stick around the assaults (unless you're specifically a skirmisher build), rack up the numbers as you help your assaults.

The assaults do actually have to be assaulting first. Majority oif them nowadays are backline "snipers" who are "supporting" their "team."

#7 SafeScanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 25 July 2023 - 07:07 PM

kill them enough times with a spider i am sure they will swap to something other than a stone rhino

by the by do we have a hitbox screenshot for the stone rhino?

Edited by SafeScanner, 25 July 2023 - 07:11 PM.

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 25 July 2023 - 07:11 PM

make lights great again!

making the mech power balance circular is possibly one of the best things pgi did for this game. to go on the backslide now on this excellent design choice seems kind of stupid.

Edited by LordNothing, 25 July 2023 - 07:14 PM.

#9 SafeScanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 25 July 2023 - 07:26 PM

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Longbow

guess whats coming next....in around 2 months

View PostAsylum Choir, on 25 July 2023 - 06:51 PM, said:

The assaults do actually have to be assaulting first. Majority oif them nowadays are backline "snipers" who are "supporting" their "team."

Edited by SafeScanner, 25 July 2023 - 07:42 PM.

#10 TW-Luna

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 July 2023 - 07:47 PM

View PostAsylum Choir, on 25 July 2023 - 06:51 PM, said:

Honestly, in the dozen drops I did there were some snipers here and there, but most assaults were pushing.

#11 Tromoskyon Rex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 25 July 2023 - 09:58 PM

View PostSafeScanner, on 25 July 2023 - 07:07 PM, said:

by the by do we have a hitbox screenshot for the stone rhino?

Until Tamerlin gets one most likely not for a while. Best bet is to go into academy and shoot one powered down or go into customs with a friend. All I can say is their head hitbox is laughably small. With its huge *** window the hitbox is nearly as small as a damn Gargoyle for some reason.

Edit - looks like Rabid Quail is trying to get something together on the main hitbox thread

Edited by Razgriz_, 25 July 2023 - 10:01 PM.

#12 Leadpaintchips

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 July 2023 - 11:31 PM

View PostRazgriz_, on 25 July 2023 - 09:58 PM, said:

All I can say is their head hitbox is laughably small. With its huge *** window the hitbox is nearly as small as a damn Gargoyle for some reason.

I'll use this as the excuse for not being able to hit it instead of my horrible aim Posted Image .

TBH though I'm kindof glad that it's that small, because it's sitting smack dab center mass of the 'mech. Otherwise we'd be having every one of them carted off to hose out the cockpit every match.

#13 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 01:59 AM

You wanted assaults you got assaults.Light mech "_____" OP! Must nerf light mech "___!" I've been campaigning for more/better lights since beta but now you can keep adding more assaults and power creep.

First you say....

How many years did I have to beg for the kgc to fire both ac 20s with no ghost heat while the dhgy fnr ruled?

...and then you say.

This KGC buff stupidly dangerous for light mechs... add few snubs to the build and one hit, light gone or at least stationary for 2nd alpha and then gone.

#14 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 02:31 AM

View PostTW-Luna, on 25 July 2023 - 06:39 PM, said:

Yea its nice, they're easy to flank, easy to outmaneuver, easy to kite and easy to shoot at and hit... until they get 1 good alpha on you and decent players will hit you eventually, regardless of what you do.

As someone put it this was not the jumping the shark moment for MWO, but Fonzie jumping in the shark tank and punching the sharks. There's Quad LB20X mechs, Penta Gauss Mechs, 11ML 4xLPL Mechs, 4xCAC10 no ghost heat Mechs and more roaming the countryside.

And it all happened over night.

I don't mind running with it since, what the hell, after all these years we might as well shake sh*t up and go out with a bang...but the whole thing is freaking goofy.

Edited by RockmachinE, 26 July 2023 - 02:37 AM.

#15 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 03:59 AM

The GZ is pretty pants-shittingly scary with quad LB20X if you get caught on a blind corner, the Gauss/AC10 hybrid is overall much nastier. Stone Crusher is racking up fairly obscene numbers most of the time but it gives off less of a ******** vibe. Possibly because lasers don't sound like a freight train slamming into your mech.

Koloss is bugfuck nuts if you can't keep it nice and far away. Insane levels of laservomit on some other variants, the only SR I'm not overly concerned about is the one people keep turning into an ATM/LRM boat.

GZ and Koloss both capitalize HARD on the new map.

#16 badpiggy

• PipPip
  • Compie
  • Compie
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 04:19 AM

MWOcomp is doing a 100 tonner challenge right now, so you’ll be seeing a lot of comp players in 100 tonners for the rest of the month.

#17 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 05:53 AM

I was getting 600-900 dmg in a locust last night.
All those Rhinos soak up a lot of damage.

#18 KingCobra

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 July 2023 - 06:14 AM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 26 July 2023 - 05:53 AM, said:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, and I was doing 500-1100 damage killing all the fleas' locusts' piranhas and yes, those juicy fat assaults as well in my Madcat with heavy large lasers and streaks. I don't care what you run as long as you give me a good fight bring it on!!!!!!

#19 SafeScanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 26 July 2023 - 06:23 AM

200-700 dmg in my spider till i run out of ammo

Critting Guasszilla is a chiefs kiss for me

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 26 July 2023 - 05:53 AM, said:

Edited by SafeScanner, 26 July 2023 - 06:25 AM.

#20 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 July 2023 - 07:33 AM

Hey we hear you like Assaults so.....

43 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 43 guests, 0 anonymous users