Patch Notes - 1.4.283.0 - 19-September-2023

159 replies to this topic

#21 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 16 September 2023 - 03:45 PM

Congratulations for those who have been waiting to get their Urbie IIC's for years. Good things come to those who wait.Posted Image

#22 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 16 September 2023 - 03:54 PM

Surprise! Urbanmech IIC!

Also, TY for increasing the X-Pulse laser range as they also had the range increase over regular pulse in canon. That should help the weapon out too!

Also, the Warlord looks like it was inspired by the old MekTek 'mech pack variant of the same name. And small cockpit what Posted Image Looks like Jihad-era tech keeps leaking in...

Edited by TELEFORCE, 16 September 2023 - 03:55 PM.

#23 reflectorjones

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 85 posts
  • LocationKCMO

Posted 16 September 2023 - 04:08 PM

Let's bring back original HPG Manifold please.

#24 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 686 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 16 September 2023 - 04:39 PM

View PostMrFatBard, on 16 September 2023 - 02:58 PM, said:

please keep incursion as a faction play only mode, it makes sense in fp and removing things from your game is the reason the community keeps shrinking please add more instead of taking away

You can thank the Chamber Pot...er Cauldron for some of these changes.

#25 Tiy0s

• PipPipPip
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 76 posts
  • LocationMaple Valley, WA

Posted 16 September 2023 - 04:41 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 16 September 2023 - 02:54 PM, said:

They meant by lore/tabletop rules HGR may not be mounted in arms (even with crit splitting) due to the recoil. If that rule doesn't exist in MWO, well, some will have fun with this. (I'll try, but I'm probably too bad with this to continue playing it after mastering it.)

That sounds defeatist! Rules are made to be broken!

#26 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 September 2023 - 04:48 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 16 September 2023 - 02:54 PM, said:

Now if you'd just have a look at the 2 lines above the "The two three new Legendary 'Mechs ..." Posted Image

Yeah that was intentional. I thought it was funny. I'm not known for my humor.

#27 Karhyy

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 September 2023 - 05:07 PM

It's not Christmas nor my birthday and you give me 2x clanner urbies? Posted Image

#28 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 16 September 2023 - 05:13 PM

View PostMrFatBard, on 16 September 2023 - 02:58 PM, said:

please keep incursion as a faction play only mode, it makes sense in fp and removing things from your game is the reason the community keeps shrinking please add more instead of taking away

Thankfully they removed Incursion from faction several years ago. It was an absolutely terrible game mode that no one liked. All it led to was 12 people using their fastest 20 ton mechs to rush the enemy base and kill it in seconds. Since clans have vastly superior speed and firepower on their light mechs, it was a ridiculously easy game win for any even minorly competent clan group.

It was a decent idea for a game mode, but the execution was undeniably terrible.

#29 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 16 September 2023 - 05:28 PM

so, this means we are getting small cockpits, compact engines and gyros in the future, maybe see some of them lovely WOB celestials?

#30 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 16 September 2023 - 05:48 PM

If anything was going to be taken out of the map rotation, I was hoping it would be Alpine Peaks. I get it that it did not get the least votes for Favorite Large Map but it did receive the most votes for Least Favorite Large Map and that should have sent a clear message, regardless of how you tallied the votes.

#31 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 16 September 2023 - 06:33 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 16 September 2023 - 04:48 PM, said:

Yeah that was intentional. I thought it was funny. I'm not known for my humor.

Hey, now that we have the Legends for the Urban IIC. How about a Pack? Please.

#32 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 September 2023 - 06:57 PM

View PostHawk819, on 16 September 2023 - 06:33 PM, said:

Hey, now that we have the Legends for the Urban IIC. How about a Pack? Please.

If they do that my wife might get mad. There would be no way to stop my wallet from leaping into my hand and buying it asap...

#33 Tiy0s

• PipPipPip
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 76 posts
  • LocationMaple Valley, WA

Posted 16 September 2023 - 07:05 PM

View PostSteel Shanks, on 16 September 2023 - 06:58 PM, said:

Redacted

I made those mechs…

Though technically the Urbie IIC variants are based off of lore variants and the Atlas uses lore tech in the compact cockpit and is based off of an MW4 Mektek variant. All things considered, cauldron and I didn’t sip the sauce tooooo much when making these.

Edited by GM Patience, 18 September 2023 - 11:20 AM.

#34 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 226 posts

Posted 16 September 2023 - 07:13 PM

View PostThe Boneshaman, on 16 September 2023 - 05:28 PM, said:

so, this means we are getting small cockpits, compact engines and gyros in the future, maybe see some of them lovely WOB celestials?

I am going to say no. They would have to update the equipment for all of the other items. I will expect that any Jihad era or later equipment will be baked in with the mech variants as they are with the Warlord. Don't read too much into it.

[Redated]

The only thing I am upset about is that I can't down vote comments....

Edited by GM Patience, 18 September 2023 - 11:21 AM.

#35 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 16 September 2023 - 07:20 PM

URBIE IICS YES AND IN ONE PACK LOVELY

though i find it odd they come with only one JJ.

can we get locust IIC next?

I'll tolerate the Hag changes will just make it bad if you twich too much...though i don't see why the 30 increased in heat i really think th 40 should have been the one increased in heat...

View PostTiy0s, on 16 September 2023 - 07:05 PM, said:

I made those mechs…

Though technically the Urbie IIC variants are based off of lore variants and the Atlas uses lore tech in the compact cockpit and is based off of an MW4 Mektek variant. All things considered, cauldron and I didn’t sip the sauce tooooo much when making these.
they look fine to me. if I recall they weren't changed much when they were upgraded... my only gripe is that they have only a single jump jet pre-installed looks like they can carry more though

with the removal of incursion can we please get turrets back on assault?

Edited by KursedVixen, 16 September 2023 - 07:39 PM.

#36 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 737 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 16 September 2023 - 09:38 PM

Good lord those X pulse changes...
Those weapons are utter crap right now and they just needed a damage increase. They are HOT AS F*CK ALREADY, the last thing they needed was more heat, the balancing factor is that one needs to stare down at enemy mechs to make them useful; if a player manages to somehow not get destroyed by the enemy with careful positioning and manages a good volley of X pulse fire, the last thing that player needs is the gulag negating that created opportunity with so much heat one can shoot a handful of times before having to cool down... smh...

#37 Hauptmann Keg Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 289 posts

Posted 16 September 2023 - 10:09 PM

View PostTiy0s, on 16 September 2023 - 01:09 PM, said:

For those asking about loyalty, we’ve already leaked info on a few mechs in there.

The Jagermech DE will have no Upper Arm Actuators and will be designed around Heavy Gauss or LBx20 in the arms.

There's several IS mechs that have arm-mounted LBX20s thanks to crit-splitting, so I was always hopeful for a solution that let players actually do those builds. Given that PGI did the smart thing and reduced the crit sizes for IS LBX2s and 5s, I assumed they would just knock IS 20s down to 10 slots.

No, apparently the solution is to just make a mech missing upper arm actuators and make it a prize for spending a bunch of money.

sigh

Edited by Hauptmann Keg Steiner, 16 September 2023 - 10:11 PM.

#38 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 16 September 2023 - 10:53 PM

URBIE IIC!!! *YAAAAY!!!*

#39 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 16 September 2023 - 11:12 PM

... Yes, Less Maps... That's what We want... Please... Take MORE maps away... Maybe just have 2 or 3 Maps only... That'll work...

I do not like seeing the maps being removed. However, those maps were very small and every game was essentially a frontal assault.

That Atlas is the most horrible thing I've ever seen... A Gods-Damned abomination... Who the Hell designed and named it? 2 Small Lasers in the Head huh? Yeah... **** BattleTech... Just make up all kinds of ***** now then? Sure...

It seems to me that many people, who claim BattleTech this and that, have never played the actual desktop game or read the actual BattleTech books.

For your information, the Steiner AS7-S3 Atlas variant has got a laser eye. This Atlas is the canon BattleTech design and you can find it in Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade Unabridged - Inner Sphere, p. 281.

'Mechs equipped with Small cockpit often carry head-mounted weapons. For example, the Seraph carries a pair of Flamers in its Head section.

Why do the Clan Urbies look absolutely terrible? LOL... I mean... The Clanner crap is supposed to look sleeker, cooler, etc. They look like dog *****...

What BattleTech source does state that "The Clanner crap is supposed to look sleeker, cooler, etc."?

Weapon adjustments... I don't care... It's whatever crap sticks to the wall I guess right? Right?

If the last month has shown us something, it was the need to adjust some stats of those weapons:
  • Blazers will have their Ghost heat limit changed (among other things)
  • X-Pulse lasers will have their stats changed, so maybe somebody will actually use them to test their adjusted stats
  • HAGs will be boosted because ranged fighting is what some players prefer

Quirks... Dear Gods... Grasshopper H quirk is hilarious...

GHR-5H keeps its existing quirks (Heat, Range, JJs, etcc.) and it stays a quite good BattleMech. You do not have to use missiles, if you do not want to.

Thanks for screwing up My MRM Orion V guys... Thanks...

Currently, your MRM Orion V has -0,6 heat and -0,615 sec cooldown bonuses for MRMs.

The upcoming game patch will change it to ... surprisingly ... -0,6 heat and -0,615 sec cooldown. On top of that, your MRMs will gain 55 m range.

So much for "screwing up My MRM Orion V" ...

LOL

Machine Gun quirk for the Bushwacker X1... LMFAO... Sure... ...

You do not have to equip Machine Guns, if you do not want to.

Mechwarrior 5 Clans... No one cares... Seriously... It leaked, and no one really cares... This was expected guys... Though most thought it'd be a Mechwarrior 6... Not buying more PGI *****...

You are wrong:
This thread has got three pages of people who do care (so far).

Various popular game websites also care:
IGN cares: MechWarrior 5: Clans

PC Gamer cares: Iconic mechs return as Mechwarrior 5: Clans invites you to be the bad guys

Gematsu cares: MechWarrior 5: Clans announced for PlayStation, Xbox, and PC

Gamespot cares: MechWarrior 5: Clans Comes To Modern Platforms In 2024

Russ is the absolute worst... Just... Terrible... Guess I'll just spend more time in HBS BattleTech, and continue shrinking My time in this mess of a game... Sad times...

Your choice, of course.

You are free to play the game that got the last new content in November 2019. Have fun!

Some other players will enjoy the brand new MechWarrior 5: Clans.

#40 Crombine

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2023 - 11:15 PM

Why the changes to the bushwackers? The extra armor is nice but adding LBX quirks to the P1 while removing the missile quirks? Why? In practice it's effectively a missile only chassis. Same with the S2 which has mostly missile hardpoints, or why add ballistic quirks to the P2 which is energy oriented
Just odd choices

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users