Patch Notes - 1.4.283.0 - 19-September-2023

159 replies to this topic

#61 Necroledo

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 07:08 AM

Sad to see Incursion go, actually Posted Image It was nice to see a very different game mode with different assets... Hopefully we might get a better one later down the line.

#62 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 906 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 17 September 2023 - 07:23 AM

I read through again the whole patch notes.
Sad for the removal of incursion. It were an interesting mode.
But the rest seems OK, sure...

However the biggest bomb you exploded! You awaited so long... But finally, you did it you magnificient son of @*****!
Posted Image
I now hardly able to await the patch just to swag those two cute Urbies at last!!!
I hereby even officially pardon you that Howl were not an omni! You now have a large credit to make future mistakes! Posted Image

#63 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 636 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 07:31 AM

I really didn't care about Jam duration for UAC, it was the Jam Chance what really pissed me off, because it would happen way too often for anyone's comfort. IMO -40% jam chance should be the general rule.

#64 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 636 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 07:59 AM

View PostSATAN 666, on 17 September 2023 - 06:36 AM, said:

they can leave 2x2 groups whats the problem here ? many people are playing with friends

Not sure what you mean by solo quick play? Is it another way to die fast without contributing anything to the fight?

#65 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 17 September 2023 - 08:11 AM

So when can we buy the new urbies? Posted Image

#66 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 494 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 08:13 AM

Several good things in this patch, mostly the three new mechs and XPlulse being spiced up to be useful. Good work on those.

Not all good news though....Scaleshot is a plague right now and this patch does nothing to deal with that...it's still OP and we will continue to see almost obligatory 4 man groups of them constantly in QP. Unimpressed.

HAG's actually getting their spread reduced to make them more effective long range is backwards too; hopefully next time.

Still no Vectoring fix.... :(

I liked incursion.... :(

Edited by An6ryMan69, 17 September 2023 - 08:24 AM.

#67 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,876 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 17 September 2023 - 08:16 AM

BLACK KNIGHT
  • Primary and Secondary energy hardpoints on Left and Right Torsos are now placed on a higher location on the mech
  • Primary energy hardpoint on the Left and Right Arm is now equipped on top of the mech’s forearm
  • Ballistic hardpoint on the Left Arm is now equipped on top of the mech’s forearm

Posted Image

#68 Tiy0s

• PipPipPip
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMaple Valley, WA

Posted 17 September 2023 - 09:07 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 17 September 2023 - 03:53 AM, said:

STILL no official announcement regarding generic, at some point in the future, MC releases of the Legendary Mechs. Did I miss it?

We forgot to include it in the notes, but I said it in the dev vlog so that one’s on me!

6 months after a legendary mech releases, a standard edition will come out as a HERO mech for MC. So this patch the Moonwalker and Juggernaut are being added to the ingame store. Next month Dreadnaught and Scattershot, and so on

#69 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 17 September 2023 - 09:20 AM

I can't wait to see what the Atlas looks like with a Snub PPC in its head.

#70 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,622 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 09:23 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 16 September 2023 - 12:31 PM, said:

I've been wanting a legendary light since the legendaries came out and now that we finally got some it has to be the trash can, the only mech I'd never buy???
WHY?????????

Because Urbie IIC will most likely sell best... I haven't dropped a dime to this game in two Years and I'm not considering to do so...

#71 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 636 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 09:47 AM

Don't like the changes to the HAG weapons. They were fine as they were imo, if one is so kin on precision snipping thats what gauss rifles are for.

#72 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,233 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 10:45 AM

View PostTiy0s, on 17 September 2023 - 09:07 AM, said:

We forgot to include it in the notes, but I said it in the dev vlog so that one’s on me!

6 months after a legendary mech releases, a standard edition will come out as a HERO mech for MC. So this patch the Moonwalker and Juggernaut are being added to the ingame store. Next month Dreadnaught and Scattershot, and so on

Thanks for the info.

#73 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 17 September 2023 - 10:46 AM

I hate to be a salty sailor but it feels a bit like a kick in the nuts that the Founders Atlas geometry is now available again basically. It's not entirely the same ofc but having the same skull kinda sucks. Could it not have been the Loyalty Metal skull instead? Especially as the Founders Atlas skull got split in half with a terrible primary stripe for some reason not too long ago.

Founders Atlas owners stay losing. Posted Image

#74 DoucheNugg3t

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts
  • Locationbeyond the dune sea california

Posted 17 September 2023 - 10:58 AM

A T L A S

#75 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 11:45 AM

Well this is some news! Glad I have MC banked.

#76 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 272 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 12:58 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 17 September 2023 - 05:02 AM, said:

P.S. Where is the improvement in matchmaker? Where is the removal of groups from a solo quick play? Do you even know how bad the gameplay is now?
Did you really think that everyone would forget these promises?

We've never promised either. We said we're investigating both, and we still are. That being said, it's a matter of having the resources available to make such a change (engineering and UI mainly), but even more importantly knowing that allotting hard-to-get resources on those tasks would make a noticeable improvement to matchmaker and the player experience, and what other knock-on effects those changes could create, like longer queue times.

#77 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,489 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 17 September 2023 - 12:59 PM

Update: Tiy0s is an employee of PGI (see below posting by Dareon).

Where is this info coming out from??

Tiy0s is not a PGI employee as far as I can tell (he does not have an employee badge in the forum thread above).

I feel that MWO/PGI needs to clarify on this matter. Thanks.

Edited by w0qj, 17 September 2023 - 01:09 PM.

#78 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 272 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 01:07 PM

View Postw0qj, on 17 September 2023 - 12:59 PM, said:

Where is this info coming out from??

Tiy0s is not a PGI employee as far as I can tell (he does not have an employee badge in the forum thread above).

I feel that MWO/PGI needs to clarify on this matter. Thanks.

Tiy0s is a PGI employee.

#79 MOPCKOE

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 03:52 PM

In a recent update, clans were given imbalanced hags that deal 30-40 damage at 800m, while the IS has a joke called a heavy gauss that shoots a measly 25 at 200m once every half minute..

But IS got is a mocking copy of the heavy clan laser, the same damage and heating, only it is twice as heavy and consumes more slots than the clan version.
There was exactly one mech that benefited from them - stalker 4n, since it fired 4 at once without ghostly heat, now it is useless.

The nice card and mode was removed due to some idiotic vote. I'm tired of playing these LRM fields, this stupid new frozen city with NOTHING in the middle of the map for ppk trash and lrm. I just overheat the Polar Highlands and Alpin Peaks straight away, these are garbage maps. Why did they remove the classic normal day Frozen City?
The results of this vote absolutely corresponded to the trash peak in the game itself: the same canyon or grim plexus - empty hills for lrm and spamming with distant slag.

As another slap in the face of the IS, they do nothing with these clown useless X-pulses, whose players on the field are simply ridiculous. Plus 0.000003 damage and 0.0000006 heat for x pulse, plus 0.000004 shot time for hag.

The incursion added variety; there was just a wow effect from the destruction of the walls. Why do the developers reduce the game to spamming long shots on a flat, empty field?

Edited by MOPCKOE, 17 September 2023 - 03:53 PM.

#80 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 03:58 PM

Next legendary idea — Locust IIC

Posted Image

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users