First Contact Faction Play Event

77 replies to this topic

#41 Cheeks Akimbo

• PipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 September 2023 - 09:47 AM

I would like those rewards but playing FP with those whole premade teams is just not fun, maybe if you forced solo queues?. Just doesn't make for a fun time, at least in QP when it goes 12-1 it's over already. I'm just not going to join a group for a random one off event in a nigh dead game mode.

#42 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 30 September 2023 - 11:23 AM

View Postmartian, on 29 September 2023 - 09:11 PM, said:

Yesterday I played some FP games to get those rewards: Many of those games sucked because of very unbalanced games.

Often we were farmed by various premades. When the score was 1:12 after the first wave of 'Mechs, it was pretty obvious that the game was lost. If anybody thinks that the players of my team enjoyed that game (or other similar games) - we did not. In another similar game we even experienced the well known spawn farming. Nothing makes a player merrier than being killed off two seconds after he leaves the Dropship.

The second group of my yesterday's games also sucked, even though the reason was different. I ended up being on the winning side, but I can not say that I enjoyed such victories. For example, our team's premade lead the Assault push (dunno, maybe 7 Stalkers running Large lasers, ER Large Lasers and Binary lasers with some BattleMasters and other 'Mechs thrown in). After a few minutes the score was something like 22:6 as we were closing to the enemy team drop zone. Some random player said: "This is getting ridiculous!" and asked "Should not we let them reform, so they can play a bit?". The premade simply answered: "No! Why?" and continued to wipe out the last remaining 'Mechs. The final score was something like 48:15 and I do not think that those opposing players will be eager to retun to FP.

The steamrolled enemy team players had Match Scores 7, 88, 73, 86, which means that after 30 minutes of that **** (sorry: not entirely pleasant) gaming experience they were as far from those rewards as before the beginning of the game. Six were lucky enough and got the MS 100-200 (like 114 or 130), so the game at last counted towards those rewards.

Only about a third (and I am generous saying it because it was probably even less) of my yesterday's games was something what I would call enjoyable balanced games.

At least I know that the Faction Play is still the same. I got those rewards and this is probably the most positive thing that I can say about the yesterday's gaming session.

Yeah, I had the same experience, when we were way ahead in one match (I had eight kills by that point) our team started to move in on the other team’s spawn point. I piped up that we should give them more of a chance but got ignored…

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#43 KentThuir66

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 September 2023 - 01:51 PM

[color=#959595]got worse,[/color]

#44 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 30 September 2023 - 03:52 PM

View PostCheeks Akimbo, on 30 September 2023 - 09:47 AM, said:

I would like those rewards but playing FP with those whole premade teams is just not fun, maybe if you forced solo queues?. Just doesn't make for a fun time, at least in QP when it goes 12-1 it's over already. I'm just not going to join a group for a random one off event in a nigh dead game mode.

No? Well (or somewhat decent) organized teams that communicate are the way to play FP, pugs just step on each other's toes.

#45 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 30 September 2023 - 04:03 PM

Reading ppl debating about the free mech(s) of upcoming October? And how they are worry it might be a repeat from previous mech gifted years ago? Which is cool and all but...I have only been playing the game for less than 2 years soooo...XD

Ok in all seriousness, I think a good compromise would be a variant that is not normally available if it isn't through an event, it would make folks pay more attention and bring some veterans back, even if it is just out of curiosity? My two cents.

Edited by simon1812, 02 October 2023 - 08:36 AM.

#46 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 30 September 2023 - 07:14 PM

View PostCheeks Akimbo, on 30 September 2023 - 09:47 AM, said:

maybe if you forced solo queues?.

Are you talking about not allowing groups into the FP? Allow only queues of solo players to enter the FP?
If so, then your proposal will change the existing state of affairs very little. Unfortunately.
The fact is that before playing FP you must choose the faction you will play for. Those. The premade of strong players immediately agrees that all of them (2-12) people join one faction - half the job is done. Then, following the voice command of the voice chat, they all simultaneously press the “Launch” button. All is ready. Most of these players end up in one match, on one side, and continue to kill the game from the inside.
It's called sync drop. Previously, this was often practiced in a quick play. But due to the larger number of players in a QP, due to the fact that the matchmaker could organize not one match, but two at the same time, due to the randomness of the selection of players for teams in a QP, it was more difficult to abuse the sync drops. A situation could easily arise that out of, for example, 6 syncdroppers, 2 ended up in one team, 2 in the opposite team, and another 2 people went into a completely different match (in which they could also end up in different teams).
But the FP mode itself indulges sync drop.

#47 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 30 September 2023 - 07:42 PM

Yesterday in one of my games the situation reached a ridiculous absurdity.
I get in line for the battle for the Smokе Jaguars and see the following picture: in ten minutes of waiting, 10 people added up for my faction, during the same time about 30 people added up for the House Kurita.
I immediately realized that at least two large and strong groups behind the Dragons. Obviously, they joined one faction on purpose so as not to get into battle against each other. Those they exclude the very possibility of getting unpleasant emotions from a possible defeat. They don't need interesting fights. They need fights in which they can assert themselves at the expense of weak players and satisfy their sadistic lust.
It also became obvious to me that these strong groups have already scared the players so much that single players do not want to join the Smoke Jaguar clan. Therefore, these single players also switched to the House Kurita.
And when the teams were formed, I actually saw random players on my team (more than half of whom were extremely weak players), and on the enemy team I saw a premade of six strong players.

#48 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 30 September 2023 - 07:55 PM

I didnt get the 1 victory yet, all time its big difference from start, like 0-10. But its ok.

#49 Teslacoil

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 02:45 AM

Participate in this even if you hate yourself.

#50 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 05:19 AM

View PostTeslacoil, on 01 October 2023 - 02:45 AM, said:

Participate in this even if you hate yourself.

If PGI offers some rewards that I will be interested in getting. Maybe then.

Edited by martian, 01 October 2023 - 07:58 AM.

#51 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 01 October 2023 - 07:52 AM

Its not bad, just a new experience and very time consuming.

#52 Cheeks Akimbo

• PipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 09:18 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 30 September 2023 - 07:14 PM, said:

Are you talking about not allowing groups into the FP? Allow only queues of solo players to enter the FP?
If so, then your proposal will change the existing state of affairs very little. Unfortunately.
The fact is that before playing FP you must choose the faction you will play for. Those. The premade of strong players immediately agrees that all of them (2-12) people join one faction - half the job is done. Then, following the voice command of the voice chat, they all simultaneously press the “Launch” button. All is ready. Most of these players end up in one match, on one side, and continue to kill the game from the inside.
It's called sync drop. Previously, this was often practiced in a quick play. But due to the larger number of players in a QP, due to the fact that the matchmaker could organize not one match, but two at the same time, due to the randomness of the selection of players for teams in a QP, it was more difficult to abuse the sync drops. A situation could easily arise that out of, for example, 6 syncdroppers, 2 ended up in one team, 2 in the opposite team, and another 2 people went into a completely different match (in which they could also end up in different teams).
But the FP mode itself indulges sync drop.

I was thinking splitting it into two FP's One for groups and one for solo, but you're right people are anti-fun and would do anything to be "tryhards" for two minutes spawn camping as a group than enjoy the gameplay as it was intended.

#53 McGosy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 09:21 AM

Phase just changed to Temporary ceasefire :( Bing Back FP
°°7

#54 Selaha

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 09:29 AM

Unbelievable, in the middle of Event Temporary ceasefire, OMG

#55 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 01 October 2023 - 09:39 AM

YAY! CEASEFIRE!

Revive the hamster, pretty please..?

#56 Detoxication

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 01 October 2023 - 09:39 AM

Hello there. How long this ceasefire will last?

#57 W4R GOD

• PipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 09:40 AM

FP event and a ceasefire is in place lol. Very cleaver ruse 10/10 although I would have saved it for April 1st.

#58 McGosy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 10:19 AM

Thanks for quick fix°°/

#59 Karhyy

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 03:52 PM

View PostCheeks Akimbo, on 01 October 2023 - 09:18 AM, said:

I was thinking splitting it into two FP's One for groups and one for solo, but you're right people are anti-fun and would do anything to be "tryhards" for two minutes spawn camping as a group than enjoy the gameplay as it was intended.

I'd rather have them remove soup from QP before trying to fix borderline dead gamemodes. Posted Image

#60 Fabint

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 10:24 PM

Gotta say, this is the first time I've ever played Faction Play and it has been a miserable experience. I keep playing against large pre-made groups, and my teams are getting rolled so badly that on Domination the enemy team literally doesn't bother winning on scenario, they just sit around our spawn and kill us over and over. I'm going to finish and get my rewards, but if this was an attempt to get people interested in this play mode, it's really done the opposite for me.

Also, I've been pretty amazed at how poorly designed the matching mechanisms are. I sat through a few different launches when I tried to play IS, but I guess the premades get shoved through and the pickup players are left out? Watching the number of players go from like 5/6 to 30/24 while sitting in the queue, just for it to drop back down to 6/0 because two large groups got prioity really feels pretty bad.

tl;dr this game mode is bad and whoever designed it should feel bad for being bad at their job.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users