Posted 13 October 2023 - 07:18 PM

Hey, where is the spooky sale?

#22 Grey Hook

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 October 2023 - 08:46 PM

Free stuff is free stuff, so thank you for the event.
I haven't been playing long enough to have won either of these mechs before, though I bought a Grasshopper last year. Still, even the free mech bays are helpful. And camo patterns are good to have as well- the Smoke Jaguar camo looks great on an Ebon Jag.

But the colours made me laugh.

Don't get me wrong, I love Blood Orange as much as the next guy. I use it on several mechs. But it was included in last October's event, and then again three months later in January's event. And here it is again? I'm almost disappointed you didn't drop the other shoe and offer Phranken Red and Phranken Black again as well!

I'm not upset, honest. It just seems really goofy, almost embarassing. PGI has put SO MANY great colours in the game, and I think colours make great prizes- they cost MC, rarely come on sale, and can be used on any and every mech. I love getting new colours. Getting the same colours again is not really a prize. (It would be cool if we could trade in duplicates, but I know that isn't gonna happen).

Oh well. You know what they say- "free is the best colour". Thank you for putting the event together.

#23 RabidBeagles

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 October 2023 - 11:19 PM

I hope they change that GHR-5H. Any other grasshopper variant will do.

#24 Sterling Carnell

Rookie

• The Dreadnought
  • The Dreadnought
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2023 - 12:00 AM

Hey @Matt, when can we expect the sale to start?

I'm a returning player and hope to be able to outfit my mechs, so a sale on CBill-Equipment would be great for me. Or will the sale only affect the MC stores?

#25 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 14 October 2023 - 03:05 AM

View PostPz_DC, on 13 October 2023 - 02:27 PM, said:

Thanks for responce. If You agree that GHR was a mistake it's not too late to swap it, just check it's single action per account who's get it in past hours (days) since event start...

P.S. Your answer is the best our reward Posted Image

Nobody has got those 'Mechs yet, since you need 250 and 300 Loot Bags to claim those 'Mechs and the maximal number of available Loot Bags in this phase is just 150.

#26 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 October 2023 - 04:44 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 13 October 2023 - 01:34 PM, said:

I hope folks are happy with the return of the Cockpit Items to the Lootbags. Let me know what you think

Very happy with this... Thank You! :D

Hey, could I ask for one addition to Cockpit Items loot? There is a Standing one called "Spooky Pumpkin" from back when, which has a pumpkin head in flames that's held by two skull hands. I thought it might be nice to let some of newer players have a chance to earn it too. Perhaps it could be added to the drop pool of Phase 2's bags? :)

View PostMatt Newman, on 13 October 2023 - 01:34 PM, said:

ALSO there is a new Halloween Warhorn coming in the Oct Patch that we will be giving away in a Challenge Event! So look forward to more Halloween fun and Loot incoming with the patch.

Roger that... Hopefully looking forward to it! Any chance it will also appear with the Phase 2 loot bags? Please tell us that Faction-based activity will not be needed? :o

~D. V. "happy to provide feedback about the 2023 Trick-Or-Treat earnable items" Devnull

(p.s.: I personally do not know if the "(S)" versions of the EBJ-Prime & GHR-5H were Event Rewards in the past, but I would certainly look forward to them if they become earnable! Who can dislike a Hot Rod Camo anyway? Also, you have my extra thanks for the normal EBJ-Prime because it completes my collection of the In-Game Store set! And thanks for the GHR-5H anyway because it will enable designing some other new thing!)

#27 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,422 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 14 October 2023 - 04:59 AM

Amen

View PostD V Devnull, on 14 October 2023 - 04:44 AM, said:

..........I personally do not know if the "(S)" versions of the EBJ-Prime & GHR-5H were Event Rewards in the past, but I would certainly look forward to them if they become earnable! Who can dislike a Hot Rod Camo anyway? Also, you have my extra thanks for the normal EBJ-Prime because it completes my collection of the In-Game Store set! And thanks for the GHR-5H anyway because it will enable designing some other new thing! ...

#28 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 14 October 2023 - 07:01 AM

View Postmartian, on 14 October 2023 - 03:05 AM, said:

Nobody has got those 'Mechs yet, since you need 250 and 300 Loot Bags to claim those 'Mechs and the maximal number of available Loot Bags in this phase is just 150.

Bonus redeems...

Edited by Pz_DC, 14 October 2023 - 07:02 AM.

#29 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 14 October 2023 - 07:06 AM

At first I wondered why I have 51 loot bags already...
Then realised I have the (godlike)Urbie IIc boys...
To bad the Championship supporter and Platina Pack not count but meh! I try to amass those bags as fast as I can, one week for both phase should be more than enough, right?

#30 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 14 October 2023 - 07:53 AM

View PostPz_DC, on 14 October 2023 - 07:01 AM, said:

Bonus redeems...

Yeah, good point.

#31 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 14 October 2023 - 09:07 AM

View PostRhaelcan, on 13 October 2023 - 07:18 PM, said:

Hey, where is the spooky sale?

View PostSeraph Carnell, on 14 October 2023 - 12:00 AM, said:

Hey @Matt, when can we expect the sale to start?

I'm a returning player and hope to be able to outfit my mechs, so a sale on CBill-Equipment would be great for me. Or will the sale only affect the MC stores?

Sale will be going up Tuesday!

#32 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 14 October 2023 - 09:21 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 14 October 2023 - 09:07 AM, said:

Thank you. As for in-game, will this effect sale of `Mechs? Would love a 50% sale on the Nova Cat. Or maybe a Dire Wolfie. Just saying.

#33 sebzrules

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 October 2023 - 03:43 PM

I should have 100 loot bags instead of 50, I got the scaleshot and the stone rhino package.

#34 Al_Bundy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 135 posts
  • LocationBasel

Posted 14 October 2023 - 09:41 PM

Without a proper match (team balance) this event is also just frustration. Why haven't you been able to match more or less equally strong teams over the years??

The whole thing is pure frustration, and I for one will stay away from the whole thing until a balanced MM is finally in the game... until then, 2 to 3 games a week or month are enough to max out my frustration tolerance.

There are simply better games that do what they are supposed to do: entertain and not frustrate

Edited by Al_Bundy, 14 October 2023 - 09:43 PM.

#35 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 14 October 2023 - 11:21 PM

View PostAl_Bundy, on 14 October 2023 - 09:41 PM, said:

Without a proper match (team balance) this event is also just frustration. Why haven't you been able to match more or less equally strong teams over the years??

The whole thing is pure frustration, and I for one will stay away from the whole thing until a balanced MM is finally in the game... until then, 2 to 3 games a week or month are enough to max out my frustration tolerance.

There are simply better games that do what they are supposed to do: entertain and not frustrate
Russ Bullock has just announced that PGI is not going to change the matchmaker and that the MM and everything substantial is going to stay more-or-less "as is" until PGI finally pulls the plug.

#36 TestBacon

• Pip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 01:53 AM

Two free mechs is a nice gesture and all, and at least it's not another Urbie, but I'll be skipping this one.

#37 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 15 October 2023 - 08:32 AM

Oh, wow... A whole batch of things to chatter about... I gotta get started! :o

View PostMatt Newman, on 14 October 2023 - 09:07 AM, said:

View PostHawk819, on 14 October 2023 - 09:21 AM, said:

Thank you. As for in-game, will this effect sale of `Mechs? Would love a 50% sale on the Nova Cat. Or maybe a Dire Wolfie. Just saying.

Perhaps that should be anything which can be spooky in any way? After all, I'm sure there are some Mechs which have not been up for Sale in quite some time. ;)

View PostAl_Bundy, on 14 October 2023 - 09:41 PM, said:

View Postmartian, on 14 October 2023 - 11:21 PM, said:

Russ Bullock has just announced that PGI is not going to change the matchmaker and that the MM and everything substantial is going to stay more-or-less "as is" until PGI finally pulls the plug.

I hate to be heavy-handed with my summary of thoughts in this reply chunk, but I have no choice in order to express what's on my mind here, particularly since I find it confusing as hell... At least given what I've heard so far, it doesn't seem likely (given my own self-filtering anyway) that I could step into any MWO "Code Of Conduct" violations here... -_-

My take about this? If enough people catch wind of what you're telling us that 'Russ Bullock' is saying there, particularly since I've not seen that horribly long video yet, then the entirety of MWO is doomed to failure & death when it should not be. It's no wonder that 'Matt Newman' was stated by user 'bear_cl4w' of The Cauldron as being unable to get access to any engineers... If what was said is entirely true, then that would mean 'Russ Bullock' is essentially making the hellishly extreme erroneous mistake of choking 'Matt Newman' on what necessary resources he would need in order to make MWO back into a constant enjoyable success once again. That could literally cause an MWO-destroying exodus when there are still people who would rather not see MWO getting killed at all! Has there been no consideration by 'Russ Bullock' as to what would happen with Piranha Games, Inc.'s reputation from making such a mistake like ending MWO and putting this player base out in the dark again??? Has it not dawned on 'Russ Bullock' that fixing what's broken is easier and less costly, as opposed to trashing all that work and/or starting such designs again from scratch??? What about the concession of a defeat from PGI's MWO offering to the whole "MechWarrior: Living Legends" presence which still exists out there??? :(

View PostTestBacon, on 15 October 2023 - 01:53 AM, said:

Two free mechs is a nice gesture and all, and at least it's not another Urbie, but I'll be skipping this one.

Why are you skipping it this time, 'TestBacon', when you could still get the loot for later? Can you please be constructive, expound on your thoughts, and not leave everyone incapable of comprehending you? Not explaining your thoughts helps nobody! In order for 'Matt Newman' to improve anything about 2023's Trick-Or-Treat Event running right now (or even any future ones) which we have the opportunity of enjoying, first the players must be willing to speak up and enable his awareness of what changes might help. :blink:

~D. V. "Hmm... something good... something grim... 2023's ToT9 discussion can make heads spin!" Devnull

#38 JOATMON Incorporated

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 90 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 15 October 2023 - 09:16 AM

Thank you for the loot bag event!

I always appreciate these!

#39 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 340 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 15 October 2023 - 02:07 PM

Just a little miffed that I only got 225 bonus loot bags instead of the 250 I was supposed to get... :(

Hope they sort that out soon...

#40 WJP

• PipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 07:35 PM

I already have ebor jague prime (champion).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users