Patch Notes - 1.4.284.0 - 24-October-2023

235 replies to this topic

#161 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 25 October 2023 - 02:36 PM

View PostFrost_Byte, on 25 October 2023 - 02:32 PM, said:

Yah, meant 5 AC2. My bad.

I’ve played the blight a fair amount with 5 AC2 and 2 Heavy Gauss. It’s honestly pretty powerful. I could see a slight buff if the rest of cauldron wants it, but I don’t think I’ll be the one bringing up.

I think, as a toxic compie, now is the part where I say “skill issue” to people complaining about the power level of the blight.

Also, if you are ever curious as to why we made any changes to balance(we as in cauldron, since I’m both in cauldron and a dev), feel free to come by to the official Cauldron feedback discord server. Contrary to popular opinion, it is a pretty chill place as long as people don’t get overly belligerent or argumentative. You can find a cauldron member almost any time in the day who’s willing to help go over or explain things.

https://discord.gg/BKb7muZZ3Y

With all of the swear words getting censored in your posts, it’s like a constant guessing game. I had to read through your thunderbolt response a few times to fill all the blanks lol

Explain it HERE.

I think 6th Messenger very clearly outlined why it's not worth stepping into your den. This is the official forums, an official thread, for an official patch, and I'd like an official explanation.

Edited by the check engine light, 25 October 2023 - 02:38 PM.

#162 Frost_Byte

• 68 posts

Posted 25 October 2023 - 02:39 PM

One final thing, after playing the patch almost all of the cauldron is in agreement that HAGs are too powerful. Low to zero spread was a factor that was wanted by most of the cauldron as a pillar of the weapon, then balancing other components around it. While no official direction has been decided by cauldron for the November patch, if I was to hazard a guess I’d say a severe heat nerf is in order.

As always, balance is a living and flowing thing. We don’t get this patch right, so we work to repair it in the next one. My hope is that the new weapons are in a stable place before I start working on batch 2…

View Postthe check engine light, on 25 October 2023 - 02:36 PM, said:

Explain it HERE.

I think 6th Messenger very clearly outlined why it's not worth stepping into your den.

Explaining things on the forums can be a bit more tiresome and troublesome in my opinion. I prefer the live conversation environment of cauldron server since it allows for a more free and fluid exchange of ideas. Of course, you’re under no obligation to join the server. I’m just telling you where you’d be able to get your information.

For example, we posted our planned draft for the thunderbolt around 3 weeks before the patch. You could have spoken up for dissent, asked for reasoning, etc had you been there.

#163 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,739 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 25 October 2023 - 02:40 PM

View PostFrost_Byte, on 25 October 2023 - 02:39 PM, said:

One final thing, after playing the patch almost all of the cauldron is in agreement that HAGs are too powerful. Low to zero spread was a factor that was wanted by most of the cauldron as a pillar of the weapon, then balancing other components around it. While no official direction has been decided by cauldron for the November patch, if I was to hazard a guess I’d say a severe heat nerf is in order.

As always, balance is a living and flowing thing. We don’t get this patch right, so we work to repair it in the next one. My hope is that the new weapons are in a stable place before I start working on batch 2…

Explaining things on the forums can be a bit more tiresome and troublesome in my opinion. I prefer the live conversation environment of cauldron server since it allows for a more free and fluid exchange of ideas. Of course, you’re under no obligation to join the server. I’m just telling you where you’d be able to get your information.

For example, we posted our planned draft for the thunderbolt around 3 weeks before the patch. You could have spoken up for dissent, asked for reasoning, etc had you been there.

Flowing like forum salt.

#164 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 25 October 2023 - 02:41 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 25 October 2023 - 02:40 PM, said:

Flowing like forum salt.

Oh you FELT that last game, didn't you?

#165 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 25 October 2023 - 02:51 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 25 October 2023 - 02:36 PM, said:

I think 6th Messenger very clearly outlined why it's not worth stepping into your den. This is the official forums, an official thread, for an official patch, and I'd like an official explanation.

Fair point, because as PGI employee, certain people has to be civil in how they talk instead of being rather unbecoming and condescending. In addition, the advantage of the forum is that the long-form responses allow for people to better highlight and frame their thinking as they can prepare their piece better.

Lastly, they don't exactly control the conversation, and just kick out dissenting ideas and opinion. Remember when Bear_Claw told that there were trolls that only tell what they wanted to see in game? What if such filter made the thinking much more homogenous?

Problem is that, they pretty much ignore this place until they have to, so you aren't really going to achieve anything but an impotent rant. Then again, I don't know how far you will get if you aren't with the general consensus.

Still, I'm a stubborn jackass that mostly only respond to logic than consensus. You aren't being anything other than an extension of myself if you're basically just referencing my experiences to argue for your conclusions.

So don't rope me into this.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 25 October 2023 - 02:56 PM.

#166 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 25 October 2023 - 02:52 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 25 October 2023 - 02:51 PM, said:

Fair point, because as PGI employee, certain people has to be civil in how they talk instead of being rather unbecoming and condescending. In addition, the advantage of the forum is that the long-form responses allow for people to better highlight and frame their thinking.

Problem is that, they pretty much ignore this place until they have to, so you aren't really going to achieve anything but an impotent rant. Then again, I don't know how far you will get if you aren't with the general consensus.

Still, I'm a stubborn jackass that mostly only respond to logic than consensus. You aren't being anything other than an extension of myself if you're basically just referencing my experiences to argue for your conclusions. So don't rope me into this.

I don't think it would have panned out differently for anyone else and I'm pretty tired of calls for civility at this point, with frustration presented in-game at a high.

Edited by the check engine light, 25 October 2023 - 02:53 PM.

#167 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 25 October 2023 - 03:00 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 25 October 2023 - 02:52 PM, said:

I don't think it would have panned out differently for anyone else

Can't really say. But if you can find people to agree with you, they might listen more.

View Postthe check engine light, on 25 October 2023 - 02:52 PM, said:

and I'm pretty tired of calls for civility at this point, with frustration presented in-game at a high.

Civility is key, if you let emotions do the talking, then how logical would your arguments would be?

#168 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 25 October 2023 - 03:19 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 25 October 2023 - 03:00 PM, said:

Can't really say. But if you can find people to agree with you, they might listen more.

Civility is key, if you let emotions do the talking, then how logical would your arguments would be?

Lately life has taught me that you need to get irrationally angry at someone and pushy as hell in order to get them to do ANYTHING other than the meatspace equivalent of a 15 minute hold and an automated message thanking you so much for your patience. That approach will OCCASIONALLY get results, politely nodding your head and waiting gets you more waiting. They know you'll tolerate it, so they do it more. Get pissed off and all of a sudden they start to appreciate the gravity of things or do a damn good job of pretending.

Edited by the check engine light, 25 October 2023 - 03:46 PM.

#169 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,104 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 25 October 2023 - 03:30 PM

I think the hags should work like LBX beyond about 500-550 meters at range i'd like at least 1 or 2 (If lucky to land on my target only so i can use the hags to poke at snipers, but i really think past 600 meters or 550 at least hags should spread enough to not be pinpoint accurate.

Edited by KursedVixen, 25 October 2023 - 03:32 PM.

#170 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 25 October 2023 - 03:52 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 25 October 2023 - 03:19 PM, said:

Lately life has taught me that you need to get irrationally angry at someone and pushy as hell in order to get them to do ANYTHING other than the meatspace equivalent of a 15 minute hold and an automated message thanking you so much for your patience. That approach will OCCASIONALLY get results, politely nodding your head and waiting gets you more waiting. They know you'll tolerate it, so they do it more. Get pissed off and all of a sudden they start to appreciate the gravity of things or do a damn good job of pretending.

Yeah, but that's just mobbing now is it? You're no better than the echo-chamber or the dicktaters (yes I know it's "dictator", but I prefer this spelling. And also yes, dicktatershit for dictatorship.) that delete dissenting opinions, when you just plow your way through.

I'm not gonna say I don't lose my cool, as arguments in discussion is certainly hot. What you're doing is really no better than just forcing people to take your opinion, no different than them when they force you to like "because I'm your mother and I say so" -- just replace mother with mob.

And when you take to their discord, with that attitude, well guess what, that ain't the forums, they aren't obligated to make nice to you, they are in control -- so take a guess why they only prefer communicating on the space they control.

The thing you have to consider is Psychological Reactance, it's reverse psycholgy, it's the streisand effect -- the more you say you can't do this, the more they want to do this, and vise-versa. I'm not gonna say I'm excempt from this, hell, that is exactly the reason why I don't just accept what they told me to accept. So again, civility is key.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 26 October 2023 - 04:22 PM.

#171 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,739 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 25 October 2023 - 05:17 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 25 October 2023 - 02:41 PM, said:

Oh you FELT that last game, didn't you?

Much like you felt it when your Ebon Jaguar died with 60-some damage dealt a few matches before. You should have seen the match on Viridian Bog before that where I turned around in my 56% durability Thunderbolt to see a Medium, two Heavies, and an Assault crowding together in a frightened knot, looking at me! Posted Image But yeah, that particular match was a bit frustrating; too many people hiding behind me and not reacting to calls - c'est la vie, though.

#172 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 25 October 2023 - 05:23 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 25 October 2023 - 05:17 PM, said:

Much like you felt it when your Ebon Jaguar died with 60-some damage dealt a few matches before. You should have seen the match on Viridian Bog before that where I turned around in my 56% durability Thunderbolt to see a Medium, two Heavies, and an Assault crowding together in a frightened knot, looking at me! Posted Image But yeah, that particular match was a bit frustrating; too many people hiding behind me and not reacting to calls - c'est la vie, though.

Welcome to Frustration. Again. Legit don't like that Ebon Jag either, arm mounts are atrocious. RFLIIC-2 does it better.

Edited by the check engine light, 25 October 2023 - 05:29 PM.

#173 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,793 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 25 October 2023 - 08:26 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 24 October 2023 - 11:03 PM, said:

Shitshot.

Based on the TDR-10SE? Posted Image

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#174 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 25 October 2023 - 08:28 PM

View PostCFC Conky, on 25 October 2023 - 08:26 PM, said:

Based on the TDR-10SE? Posted Image

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Based on your sense of humor.

#175 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,793 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 25 October 2023 - 08:45 PM

the check engine light said:

1698294513[/url]' post='6516702']
Based on your sense of humor.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I happen to agree with you about the nerfs to the -10SE. Posted Image

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 25 October 2023 - 08:47 PM.

#176 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,061 posts

Posted 25 October 2023 - 11:01 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 24 October 2023 - 11:56 PM, said:

anybody notice the x small and x medium pulse have too much range??? they're the same as clans....

Anything wrong with that?

MechWarrior Online is not a 1:1 simulation of the desktop BattleTech.

#177 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,739 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 26 October 2023 - 02:22 AM

View Postmartian, on 25 October 2023 - 11:01 PM, said:

Anything wrong with that?

MechWarrior Online is not a 1:1 simulation of the desktop BattleTech.

Oh yes, it's terrible. Just read her limerick: "Tabletop canon for a fair balanced game!" Anything is true if you make it rhyme - except the Dire Wolf's engine cap - man, that needs a buff...

#178 Tarteso

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 150 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 26 October 2023 - 06:36 AM

One final thing, after playing the patch almost all of the cauldron is in agreement that HAGs are too powerful.

oh, no one could have anticipated that!

Low to zero spread was a factor that was wanted by most of the cauldron as a pillar of the weapon, then balancing other components around it.

... and thus breaking several other game elements, instead of fixing one broken thing. Nice logic!
HAGs are in the same situation than gauss years ago: good to use at any range, at the expense of LBXs and ACs. And for that reason they were nerfed using the charge mechanism. In order to better balance the HAGs you can touch weapon tons, ammo, heat, charge time (ridiculously short right now), and recycle time without messing with anything else.

Edited by Tarteso, 26 October 2023 - 07:39 AM.

#179 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,739 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 26 October 2023 - 04:13 PM

One final thing, after playing the patch almost all of the cauldron is in agreement that HAGs are too powerful.

In totally unrelated news, Alpine Peaks seems to be getting more upvotes! =D

#180 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,061 posts

Posted 26 October 2023 - 08:53 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 26 October 2023 - 04:13 PM, said:

In totally unrelated news, Alpine Peaks seems to be getting more upvotes! =D
How unexpected ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users