235 replies to this topic

#41 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 22 October 2023 - 08:42 AM

I know this is among the most minor things in this patch, but bolt-ones for legendaries is so appreciated. I like my LGDs and wanna pimp em out a bit with the MC I got from the loot bags. Posted Image

#42 Solomon Birch

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 22 October 2023 - 09:24 AM

Dreadnaught and Scattershot can be bought with MC now? They were the only two I paid for. Thanks.

#43 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 22 October 2023 - 10:00 AM

View PostSolomon Birch, on 22 October 2023 - 09:24 AM, said:

Dreadnaught and Scattershot can be bought with MC now? They were the only two I paid for. Thanks.

You got the battlepass stuff at least. I paid money for Scattershot and I am not fussed about the MC release.

#44 Vainglorious Hound

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2023 - 10:54 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 21 October 2023 - 02:19 PM, said:

Though i think some clan mechs need some small buffs timberwolf maybe? just a tad more ct armor??

On account of its "Please Shoot Me" CT hitbox and legs, relatively weak shielding ability, and its lack of lower arm actuators, I think the EBJ should be considered for an increase in durability - or at least that damn CT should.

View PostFrost_Byte, on 21 October 2023 - 02:33 PM, said:

Hmmm… timber wolf… one of the strongest laser vomit heavies in the game getting an armor buff?
Yeah I’m game.

Make it so.

#45 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 22 October 2023 - 11:02 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 22 October 2023 - 04:03 AM, said:

pretty sure hag has more range ,but it's effective range is about -50-200m less of it's listed effective range. So i'd say they have similar effective range any futher than 450-500 and the spread on hag is not precise enough (at least for me) though rac 5 optimium range is 450. I've noticed a spread on the hag at even 450 meters....

OK I haven't played much lately and not used HAGs in live environment BUT just tested on testing grounds 2xHAG40 KDK3 (Optimum range 810meters).
HAG40 has the WORST spread of all HAGS and in few days HALF of that spread is gone because some moronic brain fart.

Atlas out of 1000m death through CT with 6 alphas
Atlas out of 500m death through CT with 3 alphas, atlas was a bit sideways and couple hits hit it's other sidetorso zero to other.
Cicada out of 550m death through CT with 1 alphas
Jenner out of 810m death through CT with almost 1 alpha, dark orange internals .. 2nd alpha killed it (those two alphas barely scratched sidetorso armor.)

BJ1DC 2xRAC5 MAX skills on range, ammo and RAC/UAC JAM. (Optimum range 602meters)
Atlas out of 1000m NOT dead through 4 tons of ammo, managed to strip all armor from all torsos and almost right side torso destroyed.
Cicada out of 500m death through CT with in 5 seconds
Jenner out of 810m death through CT in 29 seconds, lost leg 1st , one side torso was fully stripped off armor and other arm was with red armor.
Bonus Catapult-A1 from BEHIND at 809 meters away... 23 seconds to death both RACs jammed before it died.

So with these numbers do you still think that that have similar effective range?

#46 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 22 October 2023 - 11:24 AM

You don't get the mini battlepass though which has rewards that add up to more than $15. But now that you are aware save your free mc for future legendary mechs that will come up for sale.

As to the patch looks decent enough. But those locust buffs.. Not complaining at all. But hoo boy will others..

#47 GargoyleVine

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPismo Coast

Posted 22 October 2023 - 11:42 AM

so, looks like Betty is still gonna ***** large laser destroyed when you lose a binary

#48 All Your Bases

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 October 2023 - 02:26 PM

Looks like one of my regulars (Banshee) is going to be a triple binary again with no ghost heat! Solid! Love the changes to the Locust PB. I understand that in higher tiers this could be an issue, but where I'm at (high 4, super low T3) you lack some good light pilots (me included) so having some room for error would be good.

@PGI team - have you thought about going through all the other mechs that don't have quarks? I still think there are a lot that don't have quarks and some are just stacked with them.

#49 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 22 October 2023 - 03:26 PM

Some interesting new changes, the thunderbolt needed some love, but let see how it plays out.

Please stop messing with the HAGs!!!

wasn't the locust lethal enough already?

Another question, when will the rewards from the CS2023 be injected into our game accounts? Not desperate just curious.

#50 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 22 October 2023 - 05:33 PM

As if I needed any more reason to never pay money for a legendary mech ever again...

Quirk buffs look fun though.

#51 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 22 October 2023 - 06:21 PM

I read the notes for the upcoming patch.

I am saddened that X-pulses were largely ignored => remained almost unsuitable for use.
Binary lasers also remain quite huge, heavy and hot. Sad. You may not have noticed, but with all other characteristics being equal (or very similar) to the clan heavy large laser, the BLC weighs 125% more. Verry sad.

Reading the next increase in the armor of the next Light, I ask you a question again, PGI/Cauldron: after numerous improvements to the mobility of lighs, strengthening their armor, improving the personal characteristics of weapons, do you still not want to return streaks to the game? For a long time now there has been an unpleasant thought in my head that someone from Cauldron/PGI was once very offended by mech with streaks, and in retaliation for this it was decided to make streaks unusable.

P.S. How about adjusting the QP balance? Separation of group and solo queues?

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 22 October 2023 - 07:11 PM.

#52 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 22 October 2023 - 06:54 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 22 October 2023 - 06:21 PM, said:

Reading the next increase in the armor of the next Light, I ask you a question again, PGI/Cauldron: after numerous improvements to the mobility of fires, strengthening their armor, improving the personal characteristics of weapons, do you still not want to return streaks to the game? For a long time now there has been an unpleasant thought in my head that someone from Cauldron/PGI was once very offended by mech with streaks, and in retaliation for this it was decided to make streaks unusable.

You're not going to achieve anything. There's bias against homing weapons, and preference for sniping and long-range combat in the cauldron. Why do you think that the maps are such? Why do you think they're buffing HAG spread eh? They're just too ashamed to admit it and fake impartiality, this is the token spread on the HAGs -- FFs just zero it out.

And Sean's be like "they're just salty because they didn't get what they wanted", but the comps get what THEY want, they reinforce their preference in playstyle in a feedback loop.

And the separation of Solo and Group Queue.

Now why would they do that? They specifically want to club baby seals. Why won't you let them have their fun? At your expense. I mean you can get friends to group with you right? You can't just ask them to play solo and suffer the lack of organization like everyone else, how dare you?

Edited by The6thMessenger, 22 October 2023 - 06:58 PM.

#53 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 22 October 2023 - 07:34 PM

I am saddened that X-pulses were largely ignored => remained almost unsuitable for use.
Binary lasers also remain quite huge, heavy and hot. Sad. You may not have noticed, but with all other characteristics being equal (or very similar) to the clan heavy large laser, the BLC weighs 125% more. Verry sad.

Reading the next increase in the armor of the next Light, I ask you a question again, PGI/Cauldron: after numerous improvements to the mobility of lighs, strengthening their armor, improving the personal characteristics of weapons, do you still not want to return streaks to the game? For a long time now there has been an unpleasant thought in my head that someone from Cauldron/PGI was once very offended by mech with streaks, and in retaliation for this it was decided to make streaks unusable.

are you kidding me about the Binary laser? it's better than the clan heavy laser it fires faster weighs exactly 2 times a IS large laser and is cold clan heavy large may be 4 tons but it's as hot as a clan ERPPC.

I do wish they'd fix things like hit reg and stuff this game needs optimization very badly.

Edited by KursedVixen, 22 October 2023 - 07:38 PM.

#54 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 22 October 2023 - 07:57 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 22 October 2023 - 07:34 PM, said:

are you kidding me about the Binary laser? it's better than the clan heavy laser it fires faster weighs exactly 2 times a IS large laser and is cold clan heavy large may be 4 tons but it's as hot as a clan ERPPC.

Weighing in on the Blazer side of things. IS techbase is much more optimized and quirked out that it's not really constructive to compare them Ton-For-Ton; and the HLL has a littany of drawbacks such as range, heat, and duration that aggrevates it.

#55 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 22 October 2023 - 08:26 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 22 October 2023 - 04:03 AM, said:

View Postmartian, on 22 October 2023 - 03:05 AM, said:

Any comparison of range or jammability?

pretty sure hag has more range ,but it's effective range is about -50-200m less of it's listed effective range. So i'd say they have similar effective range any futher than 450-500 and the spread on hag is not precise enough (at least for me) though rac 5 optimium range is 450. I've noticed a spread on the hag at even 450 meters....

Rac does not jam(at least in my testing) unless you let the bar fill and there's a skill tree node to make it fill slower I dunno So rac is continous fire untill you let off the trigger or it jams which will be awhile.

Rac spin up is much slower than Hag charge...at least in my expierience

hag on the other hand is one burst and done with heavier ones having a longer burst.

I've managed to get 112 damage out of a rac 5 in personal testing before it jammed granted it was on a stationary target in the acadamy , but the potential is there.

hag also explodes.

ammo for rac 5 is 175

Hag ammo for any of the 3 is 48
You wrote about everything, but you "forgot" to clearly state one simple fact: The effective range of Clan HAGs is 810 metres, which is 360 metres farther than the 450 metres of effective range of IS RAC-5. Thus, HAGs have a massive advantage in this respect.

You also wrote about everything, but you "forgot" to clearly state that in the end IS RAC-5 autojams, while Clan HAGs never jam and you can fire them as fast as they recharge.

#56 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 475 posts

Posted 22 October 2023 - 08:49 PM

So, HAGs are buffed, heads in the sand about Scaleshot being stupid OP, and no quickplay improvements.

Got to wonder what people are thinking... :(

#57 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 22 October 2023 - 08:50 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 22 October 2023 - 07:34 PM, said:

You "forgot" to state one simple fact: Clan Heavy Large laser is so light (4 tons, 14,5 heat) that you can equip it AND add 5 Clan Double Heat Sinks (1 ton per 1 Clan DHS) to boost your 'Mech's cooling.

Inner Sphere 'Mech spends 9 tons just to equip Blazer (9 tons, 13 heat).

#58 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 22 October 2023 - 09:09 PM

Yeah, they all eventually come out for MC, lmfao. These two were the next in line.

Binaries are really strong right now????

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 22 October 2023 - 06:54 PM, said:

You're not going to achieve anything. There's bias against homing weapons, and preference for sniping and long-range combat in the cauldron. Why do you think that the maps are such? Why do you think they're buffing HAG spread eh? They're just too ashamed to admit it and fake impartiality, this is the token spread on the HAGs -- FFs just zero it out.

And Sean's be like "they're just salty because they didn't get what they wanted", but the comps get what THEY want, they reinforce their preference in playstyle in a feedback loop.

And the separation of Solo and Group Queue.

Now why would they do that? They specifically want to club baby seals. Why won't you let them have their fun? At your expense. I mean you can get friends to group with you right? You can't just ask them to play solo and suffer the lack of organization like everyone else, how dare you?

Legit, this is the case rn. A ton of people are salty and crying that they didn't get what THEY wanted on patch day.

View PostAn6ryMan69, on 22 October 2023 - 08:49 PM, said:

So, HAGs are buffed, heads in the sand about Scaleshot being stupid OP, and no quickplay improvements.

Got to wonder what people are thinking... :(

Legit, next patch after this they will be nerfed.

View Postmartian, on 22 October 2023 - 08:50 PM, said:

You "forgot" to state one simple fact: Clan Heavy Large laser is so light (4 tons, 14,5 heat) that you can equip it AND add 5 Clan Double Heat Sinks (1 ton per 1 Clan DHS) to boost your 'Mech's cooling.

Inner Sphere 'Mech spends 9 tons just to equip Blazer (9 tons, 13 heat).

And? Blazers can be strong as hell, especially on the stalker. It's funny how people think they aren't op.

#59 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 22 October 2023 - 09:26 PM

View PostRhaelcan, on 22 October 2023 - 09:09 PM, said:

Legit, this is the case rn. A ton of people are salty and crying that they didn't get what THEY wanted on patch day.

Not even, the complaints happen before the patch even dropped.

That's not really disproving, but just dismissing the idea that cauldron only really caters to Comp. If they were at least honest about it, I could go about my day and not give a ****. But no, they want their cake and eat it too; they want the illusion of impartiality to specific playstyles, yet we get **** like token spread on HAGs they might as well zero it out; they want the illusion of being fair to how people want to play... so long as you play like them.

#60 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 22 October 2023 - 10:17 PM

View PostRhaelcan, on 22 October 2023 - 09:09 PM, said:

And? Blazers can be strong as hell, especially on the stalker. It's funny how people think they aren't op.
Because it's for IS not clans.... clans always Op IS never Op. despite the fact IS has all the faster firing weapons, more structure and more armor, colder weapons and a better skill tree..... becuase IS stuff is 'hevier' somehow they're not OP.

I've been playing this game since just after it launched, I've seen the introduction of clans and everyone always whines about clans being OP while thier IS weapons almost always get buffed, it's nice for a change to finnally get a weapon that works like the HAG Unlike the ATM which in my opinion was a bit of a failure....

Edited by KursedVixen, 22 October 2023 - 10:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users