#241 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,737 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 03 December 2023 - 05:20 PM

View PostTywren, on 03 December 2023 - 04:27 PM, said:

With this being a known, widespread issue, PGI really needs to lock the ELO until the game is once again stable. Loosing rank due to the server timing out is beyond player control and shouldn't be something they are penalized for.

With the no server found, players PSR are not being impacted. Notice that your Multiplier doesnt change :) And we left Elo behind many years ago when PGI went to PSR/Tier settings.

#242 Remover of Obstacles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 554 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 05:51 PM

100% failure rate today.

When will this be fixed?

Edited by Remover of Obstacles, 03 December 2023 - 05:51 PM.

#243 avenger cannon

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 06:12 PM

Please fix this, remove Bearclaw 2 until it can be fixed ?

#244 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 06:14 PM

View Postavenger cannon, on 03 December 2023 - 06:12 PM, said:

Don't think that's the problem.

(I'd rather Mining and HPG drop from rotation because that's practically all it's been tonight. A couple Tourm drops.)

Edited by the check engine light, 03 December 2023 - 06:20 PM.

#245 King Yellowman

• Pip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 08:11 PM

this is pure madness

#246 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 08:24 PM

View PostKing Yellowman, on 03 December 2023 - 08:11 PM, said:

this is pure madness

THIS IS SPARTA

#247 IndgoMan

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • 76 posts
  • Locationohio

Posted 03 December 2023 - 08:29 PM

hope this get fixed, love the game i want to get back to enjoying it.

#248 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 03 December 2023 - 08:42 PM

View PostTywren, on 03 December 2023 - 04:27 PM, said:

With this being a known, widespread issue, PGI really needs to lock the ELO until the game is once again stable. Loosing rank due to the server timing out is beyond player control and shouldn't be something they are penalized for.

"Elo" is not an acronym - also PSR isn't quite Elo, but we know what you mean.

View PostMatt Newman, on 03 December 2023 - 02:34 PM, said:

Tell me you work in tech without telling me you work in tech Posted Image

What fascinates me - who does not work in tech - is how the problem started up gradually, then moved. It's like you have a memory leak as a kind of athletic infection...

How does that work?

#249 Ghost of Ligeia Mare

Rookie

• Ironclad
  • Ironclad
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 09:08 PM

Why aren't you just using DynamoDB with a cloned database for public testing? It's cheap, man.

#250 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 09:44 PM

View PostRebel Ace Fryslan, on 03 December 2023 - 03:40 PM, said:

Don't use bolt-ons, yet keep getting disconnected.

The problem is server-side, not with bolt-ons on your side.

View PostRebel Ace Fryslan, on 03 December 2023 - 03:40 PM, said:

And please remove the tier system, it'just isn't representative of skill and teamwork.

It is better than the previous version of PSR or Elo before that.

View PostRogueGarou, on 03 December 2023 - 03:45 PM, said:

It has probably been reported, I did not read all of the comments in the thread, but two matches in a row last night when I had the new Onyx Mech selected. One match with the Onyx worked properly. Probably coincidental. I was in a group with one other player. We had several other matches with no problem using other Mechs. I think we had 6 matches with a Flea and a Black Lanner with no errors. I changed to use the Onyx and it worked for the first match but the next two attempts failed. No idea what the other 2 Mechs in those matches were since the crash happened before the screen showing the teams loaded. Third attempt and MWO crashed for both of us so we called it a night.

It is just anecdotal that these all happened while trying to use the Onyx. It was the only common factor in the three matches where we had problems.

It is quite possible that some other player - even from the opposing team - deployed in one of the "forbidden" Centurions. Maybe the server crashed because of the aforementioned database problem.

View Postavenger cannon, on 03 December 2023 - 06:12 PM, said:

Read this update, please: Mwo Status Update And Known Issues - Update 2 - Dec 1St

#251 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 03 December 2023 - 09:51 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 03 December 2023 - 08:42 PM, said:

What fascinates me - who does not work in tech - is how the problem started up gradually, then moved. It's like you have a memory leak as a kind of athletic infection...

How does that work?

Scope creep. You start with a thing that works well, and add to it over time. Eventually you add so much stuff to it that you hit a built in ceiling or your performance starts to drop off exponentially. In this case they hit a limit they had totally forgotten existed.

this happens to a lot of businesses, even big ones like major international banks. And it surprises the heck out of them too until the devs and software guys step in to fix it. It’s a living. Posted Image

#252 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 03 December 2023 - 09:54 PM

View PostGhost of Ligeia Mare, on 03 December 2023 - 09:08 PM, said:

Why aren't you just using DynamoDB with a cloned database for public testing? It's cheap, man.

Because the game engine is over 12 years old and uses data architecture that is closer to 20. They can’t swap out the database, it’s baked in.

#253 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 03 December 2023 - 10:01 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 03 December 2023 - 09:51 PM, said:

Scope creep. You start with a thing that works well, and add to it over time. Eventually you add so much stuff to it that you hit a built in ceiling or your performance starts to drop off exponentially. In this case they hit a limit they had totally forgotten existed.

this happens to a lot of businesses, even big ones like major international banks. And it surprises the heck out of them too until the devs and software guys step in to fix it. It’s a living. Posted Image

Oh, I understood how the issue happened. But it started out gradually on the EU server, and then... spread? So that's what interests me. How is a database overload getting progressively worse... and spreading, when you know some fraction of the player base (like myself) is just playing other games until they get it sorted out? I can make a few guesses, but they're not terribly educated, beyond general principles.

#254 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 10:02 PM

View PostRemover of Obstacles, on 03 December 2023 - 05:51 PM, said:

100% failure rate today.

When will this be fixed?

Interestingly, one of my accounts cannot get into a match at all, 100% failure. Main account is ~80% success rate. No idea why they are different- if anything I would have thought main with a much larger inventory would have more issues given what we have been told abou the nature of the problem.

The moral of the story is 1) have an alt and 2) there's lot of other games out there.

#255 GargoyleVine

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 99 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPismo Coast

Posted 03 December 2023 - 11:37 PM

I suggest putting an Atlas Legends mech on the title screen, that might fix the glitch

#256 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 01:39 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 03 December 2023 - 10:01 PM, said:

Oh, I understood how the issue happened. But it started out gradually on the EU server, and then... spread?

Maybe it just seemed so because the EU server hosted the highest number of games at that moment, so the majority of error reports came from it?

#257 Al_Bundy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 146 posts
  • LocationBasel

Posted 04 December 2023 - 02:36 AM

But the whole thing just shows us that there is far too much stuff in this game (which is hardly used).

This is also one of the problems that scares off every potential new player, 1000+ mechs (which only differ in a few hardpoints, but which can have an above-average influence on the performance of the chassis) - plus colors / bolt-ons / cockpit items / camouflage, etc .

No wonder the game takes so long to load.

The conclusion of the whole thing:

Finally reduce the whole thing to a bearable level

Translate by googel.

#258 Lord Auriel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 03:34 AM

issue is getting fixed today, why are there still people speculating on what the root cause is - it's known, a fix has been developed, it will make loading times much better as a side effect, and everything will be fine
"remove all the bolt ons and some mechs" yeah great idea, are you going to play 1st level support and lawyer for a month or so and deal with the complaints that people lost stuff they paid for?
jesus christ guys just chill it'll be fine

#259 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 04:20 AM

One sort of insignificant change, but can you put the X-Pulse Lasers in the correct order for the Weapon selection screen. At the moment it goes Med X-Pulse Laser, Sml X-Pulse Laser and then Lrg X-Pulse Laser. Just need to swap the Sml and Med around.
Cheers, Mark

#260 KS Highlander

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 04 December 2023 - 04:54 AM

If there will be a reduction in 'bolt ons' what will stay and what will go? What about the players that purchased/have those bolt ons that are deleted? Or am I reading this incorrectly?
Also, since the new weapons patch, I do not have a sound for the X-pulse or binary lasers. Just dead quiet.
My last issue is the VOIPS but seems that is a reoccurring issue with this problem.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users