Weapon Changes Excluded From Patch Notes

32 replies to this topic

#1 ManusDei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 01 December 2023 - 12:14 PM

I did notice the rate of fire for the rotary 5 has been reduced and the chance of jamming has increased since the last patch. Yet nothing has been placed in the patch notes. The same thing occured with the streaks before they were nerfed into oblivion. Today they are rarely seen in game. And those that do use them have to deal with the stigmatism of no skill boat name calling from haters. So best to avoid weapons where people think you have no skill just because you select a particular weapon. Its never the mech build it always comes down to teamwork. We know the alpha pilots have a different take on that matter. Toxic players and toxic groups will always make waves in this game.

I have not played streak boat in many months. In fact, I only play IS to avoid the wrath of developers with their clan bias in this game.

Does PGI really think nobody notices the smallest of changes to weapons and mech scaling? Not including them in the patch notes is just wrong. There is a clear history of this type of development at PGI.

What do you think?

#2 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 01 December 2023 - 12:16 PM

I'm curious as to why, I hadn't noticed the RAC change but I have been away for a bit and only run RAC5 on two mechs both with ROF increase.

They're not exactly overachieving weapon systems.

Edited by the check engine light, 01 December 2023 - 12:17 PM.

#3 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 01 December 2023 - 09:13 PM

Just ran my trusty old NSR-10P(P) with 4xRAC2 + ECM build, and at least for RAC2, everything looks the same... no change...

#4 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 01 December 2023 - 09:21 PM

View Postw0qj, on 01 December 2023 - 09:13 PM, said:

Just ran my trusty old NSR-10P(P) with 4xRAC2 + ECM build, and at least for RAC2, everything looks the same... no change...

RAC5 was cited specifically

#5 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 01 December 2023 - 09:46 PM

Do you have any actual evidence of these changes? Or is this more of a personal feeling thing that somehow is completely immune to screenshots, recording, MechDB records or anyone else noticing?

#6 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 01 December 2023 - 11:01 PM

Just ran my trusty old MAL-1P with 2xRAC5, find that RAC5 behaved the same as before.
Both jamming and weapon velocity same as before.

Patch history some of which contain RAC weapon changes are all found here fyi:
https://mwomercs.com...auldron-changes
https://mwomercs.com/game/patch-notes

(Easier reference to info for everyone in this discussion thread).

============================
Addendum:

(A) If you want more weapon velocity on your 2xRAC5, then you're too far away from enemy...
consider to switch to 3xRAC2 for future use in similar situations for an assault mech...

By the way, there are now two (2) mechs that have +1 HSL RAC2, meaning you can fire 4xRAC2 at once!
4xRAC2 is more powerful than 2xRAC5 in my books... and weapon velocity is way better for longer ranges!

NSR-10P(P) with ECM can fire 4xRAC2 all at once!
FNR-J(LGD) or FNR-J[H] can fire 4xRAC2 all at once!

Source:
https://mwomercs.com...-hsl-quirk-list

(B ) OR, use a Bushwacker BSW-X1(S): 2xRAC5 with +50% Weapon Velocity bonus!!

Edited by w0qj, 07 December 2023 - 01:48 AM.

#7 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 02 December 2023 - 03:44 AM

View PostManusDei, on 01 December 2023 - 12:14 PM, said:

I did notice the rate of fire for the rotary 5 has been reduced and the chance of jamming has increased since the last patch. Yet nothing has been placed in the patch notes.
What do you think?

Interesting.

Could you tell us what were those Rotary AC-5 Rate of Fire and Jam Chance values before 21. XI. 2023, and what are those values now, i.e. after 21. XI. 2023, please?

#8 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,630 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 10:33 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 01 December 2023 - 12:16 PM, said:

I'm curious as to why, I hadn't noticed the RAC change but I have been away for a bit and only run RAC5 on two mechs both with ROF increase.

They're not exactly overachieving weapon systems.

I don't think there's a way to increase the ROF on a RAC, or is there some quirk change I've missed?

#9 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 10:40 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 03 December 2023 - 10:33 PM, said:

I don't think there's a way to increase the ROF on a RAC, or is there some quirk change I've missed?

Yes there is a quirk change you missed.

#10 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,630 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 10:50 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 03 December 2023 - 10:40 PM, said:

Yes there is a quirk change you missed.

What mech, please?

Edit: NVM I found em on MechDB

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 03 December 2023 - 10:52 PM.

#11 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,003 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 03 December 2023 - 11:58 PM

OP weapons don't always act like you think they should act
(I won't use RAC5s)

you have to ask around or watch other players on twitch

#12 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 December 2023 - 02:41 AM

I did notice the rate of fire for the rotary 5 has been reduced and the chance of jamming has increased since the last patch. Yet nothing has been placed in the patch notes. The same thing occured with the streaks before they were nerfed into oblivion. Today they are rarely seen in game. And those that do use them have to deal with the stigmatism of no skill boat name calling from haters. So best to avoid weapons where people think you have no skill just because you select a particular weapon. Its never the mech build it always comes down to teamwork. We know the alpha pilots have a different take on that matter. Toxic players and toxic groups will always make waves in this game.

I have not played streak boat in many months. In fact, I only play IS to avoid the wrath of developers with their clan bias in this game.

Does PGI really think nobody notices the smallest of changes to weapons and mech scaling? Not including them in the patch notes is just wrong. There is a clear history of this type of development at PGI.

What do you think?

I think you are imagining things.

#13 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,959 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 07:04 AM

i still maintain that dps weapons are a major cauldron blind spot. there is not a single one id consider using outside from the 8x ac2 boat, and that is only viable because the extreme optimal range. so rac nerfs make no sense to me. it already has too many disadvantages and will never compete with high alphas available at equivalent ranges.

View Postmartian, on 02 December 2023 - 03:44 AM, said:

Interesting.

Could you tell us what were those Rotary AC-5 Rate of Fire and Jam Chance values before 21. XI. 2023, and what are those values now, i.e. after 21. XI. 2023, please?

i got a weapons xml on my desktop which i haven't updated since june. rof is 7.275 and jam chance is 0.037. comparing to the current live version the values are the same.

Edited by LordNothing, 04 December 2023 - 07:17 AM.

#14 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,877 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 04 December 2023 - 08:16 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 03 December 2023 - 10:50 PM, said:

What mech, please?

Edit: NVM I found em on MechDB

Yep, a mech quirk change is the most likely reason. Which mech? One of the Bushwackers from the September patch?

Yikes, how did I miss that? The X1 has a 50% velocity boost on all weapons? Time to put some missiles on it!

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 04 December 2023 - 08:21 AM.

#15 BlueDevilspawn

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 08:31 AM

Anyone who is taking the OP's post as fact should probably not... RACs haven't been nerfed in any way. As a matter of fact, many mechs (particularly looking at the Bushie) have buffed their ROF and jam chance.

#16 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,959 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 08:32 AM

its hard to stay on top of the changes. i usually skim things and ignore mechs im not currently working on. its not like the info sticks for very long either. i pull the xml when i need to split hairs.

Edited by LordNothing, 04 December 2023 - 08:32 AM.

#17 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 08:40 AM

View PostBlueDevilspawn, on 04 December 2023 - 08:31 AM, said:

Anyone who is taking the OP's post as fact should probably not... RACs haven't been nerfed in any way. As a matter of fact, many mechs (particularly looking at the Bushie) have buffed their ROF and jam chance.

I have noticed that he started this thread three days ago, but he has not posted here ever since.

Edited by martian, 04 December 2023 - 08:42 AM.

#18 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 03:06 PM

What do you think?

"Clan bias" Meanwhile,the clan heatsink nerf next patch:

#19 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 05 December 2023 - 11:35 AM

What do you think?

I think you should play with whatever weapons you want, regardless of what other people think.

#20 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,223 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 05 December 2023 - 11:48 AM

What do you think?
And people call me names and say I'm wrong when I say PGI and Cauldron have a bias towards clans.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users