Cn9-Ah(L) Is Banned?

21 replies to this topic

#1 HammerSmythe

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 December 2023 - 03:33 PM

My game client crashes out whenever I enter a map with my CN9-AH. Once it crashes I have to switch video modes to get it to quit crashing. Today, I noticed another pilot get kicked for trying to drop in his CN9-AH. His majestic CN9-AH just stood there, forlorn and pilotless for the whole match. Must be what mine does when I try to drop in it.

Adding insult to injury, when the game crashes me out, I have to serve the penalty time for abandoning a match.

If they're gonna ban a 'mech they should just man up and do it. This passive-aggressive crashing folks out of the game for trying to play the awesomeness that is the CN9-AH(L) is a bad look.

#2 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,901 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 02 December 2023 - 03:35 PM

This is a known issue and part of the coming fixes. Don't play it till either the hotfix patch or dec patch if it has to be delayed.

#3 Frost_Byte

• 68 posts

Posted 02 December 2023 - 06:57 PM

It is an error on my end, part of the experiment that was the centurion Onyx with the shield. I’ve already identified it and fixed it for December patch. I’ve also logged the cause so when I make another shield mech it won’t happen again.

My issue was that when new legendary mechs are made we only check the new variant for bugs/performance errors that’s it. But when adding something major like a shield I ended up having to rework the centurion mech as a whole. I failed to inform QA to recheck other centurion variants. Like the binary ghost heat limit bug in August patch, I’ve amended my workflow to make sure a bug like this won’t happen in the future.

Sorry I accidentally bricked your mech for a month, won’t happen again.

#4 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,573 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 02 December 2023 - 07:07 PM

Another possible (future) Shield Mech?

All is forgiven ;)
XD

#5 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,901 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 02 December 2023 - 07:27 PM

A shield fatlas would be neat since most of them sport the main weapons in the torsos.

Thanks for caring enough about the game to keep working on it even if sometimes that effort goes unrecognized. Posted Image

#6 Frost_Byte

• 68 posts

Posted 02 December 2023 - 08:03 PM

Oh no did I say when?

Calling mods IMMEDIATELY to redact this entire thread and eliminate witnesses.

Edit: for legal reasons this is a joke

#7 SolCrusher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 622 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 02 December 2023 - 08:47 PM

What we need is a CENT variant that can do, Right Arm AC20, 2 medium lasers right torso, 2 medium lasers Center torso, and 3 SRM6 in the left torso.

#8 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 02 December 2023 - 09:19 PM

Just think: if you drop in centurion, not only you crash, but half other players.

#9 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 02 December 2023 - 10:49 PM

View PostHammerSmythe, on 02 December 2023 - 03:33 PM, said:

My game client crashes out whenever I enter a map with my CN9-AH. Once it crashes I have to switch video modes to get it to quit crashing. Today, I noticed another pilot get kicked for trying to drop in his CN9-AH. His majestic CN9-AH just stood there, forlorn and pilotless for the whole match. Must be what mine does when I try to drop in it.

Adding insult to injury, when the game crashes me out, I have to serve the penalty time for abandoning a match.

If they're gonna ban a 'mech they should just man up and do it. This passive-aggressive crashing folks out of the game for trying to play the awesomeness that is the CN9-AH(L) is a bad look.

Nobody has banned anything.

Just avoid deploying in these three Centurion variants:

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 28 November 2023 - 02:59 PM, said:

Intermittent Crashes
  • We have identified an issue with Centurion variants that were causing crashes and the fix is confirmed
  • The Variants Causing the issues are CN9-AH(L), CN9-A(NCIX), CN9-D(P)
  • The Onyx is safe to use Posted Image

The upcoming December 13th game patch will correct this problem hopefully.

Edited by martian, 02 December 2023 - 10:50 PM.

#10 Besh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 December 2023 - 12:04 AM

View PostFrost_Byte, on 02 December 2023 - 06:57 PM, said:

It is an error on my end, part of the experiment that was the centurion Onyx with the shield. I’ve already identified it and fixed it for December patch. I’ve also logged the cause so when I make another shield mech it won’t happen again.

My issue was that when new legendary mechs are made we only check the new variant for bugs/performance errors that’s it. But when adding something major like a shield I ended up having to rework the centurion mech as a whole. I failed to inform QA to recheck other centurion variants. Like the binary ghost heat limit bug in August patch, I’ve amended my workflow to make sure a bug like this won’t happen in the future.

I expect everyone to be tripping over each other rushing to give kudos to this dev for taking responsibility and being open about it having been a mistake .

Heres mine .

Kudos for being open and honest about the mistake, publicly taking responsibility Frost_Byte. Can't be applauded enough . The gaming world in general needs a metric s***ton of people to follow this example .

Edited by Besh, 03 December 2023 - 12:06 AM.

#11 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,743 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 03 December 2023 - 12:08 AM

(chuckles) Similar to what happened when PGI added Clan Battlemechs, bugging the engines. Players had to jump through hoops, making changes to the battlemechs until the game was patch. Not as bad as this patch, but still.

#12 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 12:41 AM

View PostSaved By The Bell, on 02 December 2023 - 09:19 PM, said:

Just think: if you drop in centurion, not only you crash, but half other players.

I wonder if some players are enjoying this.

#13 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,901 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 03 December 2023 - 01:49 AM

View Postmartian, on 03 December 2023 - 12:41 AM, said:

I can think of several of our more salty forumites who would do it just to be snark lords.Posted Image

#14 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 228 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 07:06 AM

You know, Urbies need a shield too... :-)

#15 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 12:50 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 03 December 2023 - 01:49 AM, said:

I can think of several of our more salty forumites who would do it just to be snark lords.Posted Image
I think that it really does not matter. I guess that 90% of all MWO players do not visit the forums too often and thus they do not know what is going on with MWO anyway.

#16 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 02:10 PM

View Postmartian, on 03 December 2023 - 12:41 AM, said:

Given what else I've seen happen, yeah, this is basically lowest effort possible to screw over other people and that's a holy grail for shitwhistles

#17 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 09:40 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 03 December 2023 - 02:10 PM, said:

Given what else I've seen happen, yeah, this is basically lowest effort possible to screw over other people and that's a holy grail for shitwhistles

Maybe. I wonder how many MWO players do own exactly those problematic Centurion variants.

#18 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 12:20 PM

... guess who's program application unexpectedly terminated... my poor stalker.

#19 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 12:23 PM

View PostAlex Morgaine, on 04 December 2023 - 12:20 PM, said:

... guess who's program application unexpectedly terminated... my poor stalker.

It is quite possible that no game was actually launched and thus you did not lose your PSR.

#20 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 12:42 PM

I still miss betsy to this day...

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users