So Did This 6-Dec-2023 Patch Work For You?

22 replies to this topic

#1 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 06 December 2023 - 01:44 PM

So did this 6-Dec-2023 Patch work for you, in terms of game/server stability? Posted Image
(P.S. - Please do remember to select the [European Server] again for QP!)

https://mwomercs.com...-incoming-notes

https://mwomercs.com...ssues-2-dec-1st

https://mwomercs.com...auldron-changes

https://mwomercs.com/game/patch-notes

Edited by w0qj, 06 December 2023 - 01:45 PM.

#2 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 06 December 2023 - 01:47 PM

No bad game so far, and I already played on all 3 regions ! Posted Image

#3 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 06 December 2023 - 01:48 PM

There is the perfectly functional official thread right here: Hotfix Incoming + Notes

#4 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 252 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 December 2023 - 01:53 PM

It worked great for me. I played 10 matches with no problems at all!

Only saw 3 disconnects in those 10 matches (both teams)

Oh and I could play again! lol

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,959 posts

Posted 06 December 2023 - 02:25 PM

all 670 mechs accounted for. if thats how many i had, its really hard to keep track.

#6 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 06 December 2023 - 06:03 PM

The game runs fantastic. Matches feel like complete dreck though.

Not even joking. They were overall more fun when the servers were borked (when you could get a match). People are actually BITCHIER now. More VOIP bitching. Stompy as ****.

So what changed? Aside from the map variety and game performance, everything else went south.

Edited by the check engine light, 06 December 2023 - 06:31 PM.

#7 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,959 posts

Posted 06 December 2023 - 06:39 PM

mechstats are still shot to hell. there are a number missing, like a black widow with over 500 games on it (in fact all the warhammers). they aren't missing in game though. warhawks didnt show up either, but after a refresh they did.

#8 RabidBeagles

• PipPip
  • Heishi-ni
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 December 2023 - 07:27 PM

Bolt-on madness! wings that came with uziel can now go on other mechs?!?!

Love it!

#9 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,959 posts

Posted 06 December 2023 - 09:50 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 06 December 2023 - 06:03 PM, said:

Not even joking. They were overall more fun when the servers were borked (when you could get a match). People are actually BITCHIER now. More VOIP bitching. Stompy as ****.

So what changed? Aside from the map variety and game performance, everything else went south.

im somehow gaining psr and losing matches. been playing for 4 hours and have only won 2 games. go home match maker, you're drunk. stop choosing me to carry, im not that good.

unless psr data is stored on the same server as the stats, because those are definitely corrupted.

Edited by LordNothing, 06 December 2023 - 09:52 PM.

#10 Jormunrek

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 05:13 AM

Everything appears to be functioning now.
Once again all three servers are selected instead of just Oceanic so the queue is popping more often again.

#11 MrMadguy

• 2,203 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 05:56 AM

Server hanged for 5 seconds in one match. Everything else was ok. But game seems to be dead anyway. Because queues are extremely long. And... I don't know exact names of top units in this game, but I think, that despite of Tier 4, I play with top players from top units now.

#12 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 07 December 2023 - 06:06 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 06 December 2023 - 06:03 PM, said:

I have noticed that too, its very strange Posted Image. Its as if lot of angry people stopped playing during the troubles and now they came back, when I played only on Ocean servers, people were very nice and all matches were lot of fun.

Now first round I played on NA server after the patch, it was some snow map (I dont like those Posted Image) everyone was just sitting back, poking with laser pointers occasionally and everyone was very angry in the chat Posted Image.

#13 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,877 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 07 December 2023 - 06:17 AM

View Posttorsie, on 07 December 2023 - 06:06 AM, said:

I have noticed that too, its very strange Posted Image. Its as if lot of angry people stopped playing during the troubles and now they came back, when I played only on Ocean servers, people were very nice and all matches were lot of fun.

Now first round I played on NA server after the patch, it was some snow map (I dont like those Posted Image) everyone was just sitting back, poking with laser pointers occasionally and everyone was very angry in the chat Posted Image.

That comes and goes. Perception right now might be that everyone is getting their grumbles out since its been a week or two since they could play. It'll go back to the normal level of "Gripe and Troll" soon enough. Posted Image

#14 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 06:51 AM

View Posttorsie, on 07 December 2023 - 06:06 AM, said:

I really hate how quickly it poisons my mood. Yes, I know it's better to hold top on Vitric usually, random person, I was in a LRM locust and still was one of the last to bail. Most people are probably aware that leaving top early is not typically the best move. Quit bitching, it doesn't help.

Also at some point in matches my enthusiasm just disappears and I would rather move on to the next match than drag the current one out any longer. Massed suppression is utter ******* tedium to play against and I don't feel like cultivating the patience required to play against people who find that fun and engaging. Hiding and waiting like they won't pick their way around unchallenged and continue the same **** with near impunity is a hard no. They're not going to make a mistake that costs them, they know this play on this map. I know you know who's on that team and you know it won't work.

Edited by the check engine light, 07 December 2023 - 07:48 AM.

#15 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 494 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 07:30 AM

Patch seems to have done its job as far as I can tell.

#16 Snukums

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 10:58 AM

Getting much lag after patch. Marginally playable now. Anyone else experiencing this?

#17 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,959 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 05:59 PM

looks like they fixed mechstats.

#18 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,865 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 07 December 2023 - 10:22 PM

Been dropping all three regions and so far so good with noticeably faster loads. However I am still seeing some players having disconnects but that was fairly normal even before the issues cropped up. I know my isp has been having spot outages and an outage map shows that there are many areas with mild issues.

#19 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 08 December 2023 - 03:37 AM

Just need to reinstall some of the players now, it appears a couple of weeks of server/ asset issues, have reset peoples skill and re-engaged hard nascar mode :P

On a serious note though, I have had some frame rate issues and occasional blocks of screen corruption that looks almost like an extended QR code when facing some mechs, no particular chassis, so hard to pin down. I ran the repair tool and have reinstalled Nvidia drivers but still get this odd display bug that never used to happen <shrug>

#20 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,877 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 08 December 2023 - 08:12 AM

View PostMochyn Pupur, on 08 December 2023 - 03:37 AM, said:

Just need to reinstall some of the players now, it appears a couple of weeks of server/ asset issues, have reset peoples skill and re-engaged hard nascar mode Posted Image

the nascar has been strong the past few days, yes. That's why I never solo drop in a mech that doesn't break 60 kph. Being left behind to get eaten by fish and fleas is no fun. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users