Opinions On New Legendary Mechs

22 replies to this topic

#1 TheVerto

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 04:04 AM

Played with Spitfire for a bit, it does it's job as an LRM boat and can be fun, but im kinda sad that it's basically the only thing you can build on it, because it just lacks quirks for anything else. What are other's expiriences with Spitfire and Aksum?

#2 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 13 December 2023 - 05:14 AM

Me and my friend had great fun with the spitfire I provide tag and POC on top my LRM 5 spam while he go full LRM boat and just delete things with rapid chain fire from assaults to mediums who got cocky, haven't messed with Aksum but my opinion of it just a ultraviolet with high mount ballistics kinda unimaginative besides the screen shake.

#3 Big Poppa Pump

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 05:19 AM

I just got the Aksum played 2 matches with it, only because i am working a pass on another mech. But The Aksum will most likely be my most played mech for a while once I wrap up this pass on the Moonwalker. So far i have bought 3 legendary mechs and i am overly pleased with them. The other Legendary i have is the Dreadnaught. I want the spitfire as well just because i only have one other mech with LRMs just so i can round out my Hanger. I was going to make a post in regards to the amount of free loot currently happening with events. I have played a lot of games in the past 20 years lots of free ones and others that are paywalled with subscription BS.I Might be one of the worst players in this game However this game is my new home just for the fun and enjoyment factor thus far. I giving this game a gamers two thumbs up.

Edit: Gameplay on the Aksum is interesting though, you see all those guns? They all are default to key 1 lol, so its punchy. and it drives smooth but feels a little different than driving my other mechs.

Forgot to mention what is the cap on C-Bills, is it 30M? I bought a mech a few hours ago for 17m and i'm back up to 28M lol. I might need to pick up the pace on spending all the currency i am receiving from matches, it adds up fast in the Legendary mechs.

Edited by Big Poppa Pump, 13 December 2023 - 05:24 AM.

#4 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,570 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 13 December 2023 - 05:22 AM

And a warm welcome to the both of you, TheVerto, and Big Poppa Pump! ;)

#5 Big Poppa Pump

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 05:32 AM

View Postw0qj, on 13 December 2023 - 05:22 AM, said:

And a warm welcome to the both of you, TheVerto, and Big Poppa Pump! Posted Image

Thank you Kindly, I will be dragging a friend into the game soon, who is also new to MechWarrior. We will be canon fodder for quite some time lol.

#6 Yami No Tenshi

• Pip
  • Compie
  • Compie
  • 11 posts
  • LocationIn your walls

Posted 13 December 2023 - 07:08 AM

View PostTheVerto, on 13 December 2023 - 04:04 AM, said:

Played with Spitfire for a bit, it does it's job as an LRM boat and can be fun, but im kinda sad that it's basically the only thing you can build on it, because it just lacks quirks for anything else. What are other's expiriences with Spitfire and Aksum?

Spitfire is a great meme mech, Aksum is genuinely strong and at least in my opinion makes the 8uac2/8ac2 direwolf irrelevant only thing the dire has over the aksum is ecm but who needs that at 1k metres

#7 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 07:12 AM

Aksum is ******** but it's a SR pretending to be the Bane so that's kind of a given.

#8 and zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 462 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 08:25 AM

The spitfire seems a little underwhelming for its name but maybe that’s just because it’s memey and I’m thinking of the plane.

The Aksum I was excited about but after spectating a few people playing it….holy **** THE MUZZLE FLASH. The guns along either side of the cockpit are borderline seizure inducing. I’m hoping I can find a way to play it still though. Self blinding aside it seems quite good.

Is there any graphical setting or config file change that makes it less severe?

Edited by and zero, 13 December 2023 - 08:25 AM.

#9 Grospoliner

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 09:22 AM

I'm seeing an issue with the Spitfire's weapons being destroyed very easily, more easily than any other mech I've ever played. With armor still available, only weapons in the torso.

Wondering if anyone else has noticed this yet.

#10 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 13 December 2023 - 09:54 AM

View PostGrospoliner, on 13 December 2023 - 09:22 AM, said:

I'm seeing an issue with the Spitfire's weapons being destroyed very easily, more easily than any other mech I've ever played. With armor still available, only weapons in the torso.

Wondering if anyone else has noticed this yet.

Most of the armor is on it's arms with rest of the mech have structure quirks so you really don't want to be focused on to much.

#11 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 10:51 AM

aksum is a pretty good ranged dakka spam platform. but you can put 2 hag40s on it and they go in the high hardpoints. its also pretty flank proof with those massive blast shields.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 December 2023 - 10:53 AM.

#12 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 10:55 AM

View Postand zero, on 13 December 2023 - 08:25 AM, said:

The spitfire seems a little underwhelming for its name but maybe that’s just because it’s memey and I’m thinking of the plane.

The Aksum I was excited about but after spectating a few people playing it….holy **** THE MUZZLE FLASH. The guns along either side of the cockpit are borderline seizure inducing. I’m hoping I can find a way to play it still though. Self blinding aside it seems quite good.

Is there any graphical setting or config file change that makes it less severe?

i dont have this problem with my aksum, but i have my particles turned way down in the settings. not using a user.cfg.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 December 2023 - 10:56 AM.

#13 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 01:00 PM

The Spitfire running LRM5s has better Spread and more ability to punch through AMS than most LRM boats. And is far more effective vs smaller mechs. You can put LRM90 on other Longbows which farms assaults harder, but the LRM5s focus dmg on the CT far better. Its lower alpha but comparable dps, and much more lethal (but has less quirks than the others to compensate.)

Spitfire with SRM2s is basically the highest DPS close range brawl mech and is terrifying. It has no quirks because it doesn't need them.

Aksum is the new top dog of the already very effective clan UAC dakka playstyle.

These are two of the best mechs in the game.

Edited by Heavy Money, 13 December 2023 - 01:00 PM.

#14 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 01:10 PM

View PostHeavy Money, on 13 December 2023 - 01:00 PM, said:

These are two of the best mechs in the game.

surprising absolutely nobody

#15 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,570 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 13 December 2023 - 01:58 PM

Actually I would much prefer if MWO comes out with SR-4(P) with CBills Bonus boost, although this Stone Rhino Aksum looks very good too!

SR-4(P) please, MWO, please please please! ;)

#16 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 02:17 PM

badassery now, nerfs later.

#17 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 02:18 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 13 December 2023 - 02:17 PM, said:

badassery now, nerfs later.

The circle of life. Or something.

#18 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 02:19 PM

View Postw0qj, on 13 December 2023 - 01:58 PM, said:

Actually I would much prefer if MWO comes out with SR-4(P) with CBills Bonus boost, although this Stone Rhino Aksum looks very good too!

SR-4(P) please, MWO, please please please! Posted Image

was supprised they used the newer chassis this early. i thought they would stay behind their exclusive $40 paywall for a few months first. im sure a platinum pack is coming as well.

will see if i can scrounge up enough cash to get the spitfire. longbow isnt exactly my cup of tea, but it gets you a taste early without the fourty bucks and still wait for the cbill release. and platinum, if it happens it happens.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 December 2023 - 02:23 PM.

#19 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 812 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 13 December 2023 - 02:25 PM

View PostBig Poppa Pump, on 13 December 2023 - 05:19 AM, said:

Forgot to mention what is the cap on C-Bills, is it 30M? I bought a mech a few hours ago for 17m and i'm back up to 28M lol. I might need to pick up the pace on spending all the currency i am receiving from matches, it adds up fast in the Legendary mechs.

To my knowledge, there is no cap on C-bills. If there is one, I happen to have 3.86 billion as I type, and I haven't hit it yet.

#20 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 02:50 AM

sure there is, when you overflow the datatype.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users