Fix Light Mech Damage

72 replies to this topic

#1 Rifleman89

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 February 2024 - 07:39 PM

I've wasted time and money on this game with anything other than lights. They take no damage. comparatively, and if you don't play/abuse them - you're at a disadvantage. I will cut and paste this every day until they fix the BS model they've created.

#2 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 11 February 2024 - 07:58 PM

As a Light pilot, I assure you I take damage. Well, took, back when I played.

#3 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 11 February 2024 - 08:04 PM

I'm confuzzled. Is this a lights op or buff lights thread?

#4 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 11 February 2024 - 09:36 PM

View PostRifleman89, on 11 February 2024 - 07:39 PM, said:

I've wasted time and money on this game with anything other than lights. They take no damage. comparatively, and if you don't play/abuse them - you're at a disadvantage. I will cut and paste this every day until they fix the BS model they've created.

Someone correct me if this has changed but last time I checked lights had the lowest average match score and win rate in the game

#5 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 11 February 2024 - 10:08 PM

View Postpattonesque, on 11 February 2024 - 09:36 PM, said:

Someone correct me if this has changed but last time I checked lights had the lowest average match score and win rate in the game

Yeah but that one time in mechlab this light like rolled my ~entire~ team bro~ Posted Image

#6 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 11 February 2024 - 10:52 PM

Get better internet or L2Aim instead of spamming forums every day.

edit: HUUUUGE surprise that OP has played light mech last time Dec 18, combined Jarls played for lights is 1% (probably rounded up) and is totally clueless what lights can and cannot do.

Edited by Curccu, 11 February 2024 - 10:55 PM.

#7 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 11 February 2024 - 11:05 PM

It is really annoying when you pump 300dmg worth of fire into a light and can't even open anything.
Let's not pretend the hitreg issues aren't maddening.
Let's also not pretend that Lights are owning the game.

#8 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 12 February 2024 - 05:47 AM

Take a breath. Just shoot them. At any one time a light is probably no more than 2 or 3 shots from dead, usually even less than that.

#9 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 12 February 2024 - 06:43 AM

Just try them. Sure hitreg on potato servers is bad, but I think u will quickly realise, that lights are far from op

#10 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 February 2024 - 06:50 AM

Lets get real here only a few light mechs are viable in MWO gameplay because of OP machine gun damage and Crit chance the rest are easy to kill once you learn how to fight them I have watched in game after I was killed many battles Lights VS all mech classes and one thing happens players are shooting way behind their targets and just miss hitting the light mechs.

Most players don't understand you have to Lagg shoot to hit them which means start firing at your light target 1-2 mechs in front or behind the target whichever way they are moving place your firing pattern in towards the light mech until you get a hit on the target.

On screen unless your light target is still or not moving it will not be in the place your firing so you have to adjust your tactics think of the light mech as a deer on the run you have to shoot at a point it will arrive to not as it would be like standing still just because you have a red ridicule on a light target does not mean a hit to the target.

The only grievances I have about lights is their ability to hug a target not allowing a player to shoot it PGI needs to place a distance ring around mechs so lights cannot be protected by the enemy mech and also machine gun crit chance needs to be cut by 50% so they balance better in the game.

Edited by KingCobra, 12 February 2024 - 06:53 AM.

#11 R O B O C O P

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 February 2024 - 07:53 AM

View PostCurccu, on 11 February 2024 - 10:52 PM, said:

Get better internet or L2Aim instead of spamming forums every day.

edit: HUUUUGE surprise that OP has played light mech last time Dec 18, combined Jarls played for lights is 1% (probably rounded up) and is totally clueless what lights can and cannot do.

i play on light enough to say you same , hit registration of light mechs is way to brocken often flee , locust , commando , raven , piranha etc. take 500- 700 dmg , you can use your "mechlab" and calculate how many armor have any of this mech in TOTAL.

#12 R O B O C O P

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 February 2024 - 07:57 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 12 February 2024 - 06:50 AM, said:

Lets get real here only a few light mechs are viable in MWO gameplay because of OP machine gun damage and Crit chance the rest are easy to kill once you learn how to fight them I have watched in game after I was killed many battles Lights VS all mech classes and one thing happens players are shooting way behind their targets and just miss hitting the light mechs.

even in Baradul's stream's (who i think can play) often happens when crosshare turn red = hit registred , but enemy light still fresh. So all this "trololo" about better skill and aiming , just ridiculous.

#13 R O B O C O P

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 February 2024 - 08:04 AM

View PostHeavy Money, on 11 February 2024 - 11:05 PM, said:

Let's also not pretend that Lights are owning the game.

yep lights not owning , but after several games when i start fight alone on assault vs light (just in dropzone cause , you must be don't know light is way faster then assault), and get lowered PERSONAL skill tier after game , i think thats RUINING game aspecialy for new players , but who care money earning , so all those discomfort is completle acceptable for those players , who exploting hit regs.errors and offcourse play with fair adhd fire controll and same type apps.

PS think a lot players seen this

Edited by R O B O C O P, 12 February 2024 - 08:18 AM.

#14 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 12 February 2024 - 08:56 AM

Any one who thinks lights are op have never used them longer than it took for their xl to blow up.

#15 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 12 February 2024 - 09:08 AM

7% light usage. DATA posting some potato farm videos in potato farm build doesn't change much. Or is Anni OP because DATA von 11vs 1 in it

#16 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 12 February 2024 - 09:27 AM

View PostR O B O C O P, on 12 February 2024 - 08:04 AM, said:

yep lights not owning , but after several games when i start fight alone on assault vs light (just in dropzone cause , you must be don't know light is way faster then assault), and get lowered PERSONAL skill tier after game , i think thats RUINING game aspecialy for new players , but who care money earning , so all those discomfort is completle acceptable for those players , who exploting hit regs.errors and offcourse play with fair adhd fire controll and same type apps.

Oh no! The light 'Mech is blowing up a lone, unsupported assault 'Mech with sketchy aim! The damn dirty cheating light 'Mech run by one of the best pilots in the game was handed exactly the fight it wants and was built for on a platter, and then it won that fight! The sheer gall! Never you mind the twenty other matches that light 'Mech dropped in where it couldn't find isolated bads to duel and got blown out in a sub-300 damage game, nah nah - that one game where EVERYTHING goes the light 'Mech's way proves that light 'Mechs are broken!

Get real. I've spent most of my drops in light 'Mechs lately, and lemme tell you - no, they are not immune to damage, and no, they do not get to win games for free. Yes, if you hang your behindus out on a line and let a light 'Mech get exactly the fight it's hoping for, you will be at a disadvantage. Surprise surprise: such is the 'Mech Life. Give the enemy what they want and you're in for a bad time. Try dropping in a light 'Mech and see how well you do, even the "OHH PEE" massed machine gun junk. Spoilers: take one single solid hit and you're either dead or on life support for the rest of the match, and you don't get to dictate your engagements.

In a light 'Mech you can (usually) escape from a bad fight, sure, but you also have almost no ability to force the engagement you want. In a typical light (i.e. not the BLC stealth Ravens or other pokey snipey things that shoot from the cover of the herd), you have to wait for engagements of opportunity. You cannot make a reckless run against entrenched or supported targets or you will pay for it with your tiny robit existence. If the enemy never gives you that opportunity? Well hey, then you don't get to do bupkis in that match. No other weight class can be completely shut out just by Deathballing Harder that way.

Edited by 1453 R, 12 February 2024 - 09:34 AM.

#17 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 12 February 2024 - 10:06 AM

View PostR O B O C O P, on 12 February 2024 - 07:57 AM, said:

even in Baradul's stream's (who i think can play) often happens when crosshare turn red = hit registred , but enemy light still fresh. So all this "trololo" about better skill and aiming , just ridiculous.

nah it's pretty straightforward. hitreg issues are a thing in this game but for the most part if you just shoot the light you'll be fine. I would recommend not panicking and freaking out the next time you face something under 40 tons and you'll be good

#18 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 12 February 2024 - 10:17 AM

I know it was true for machine guns in the past, and I'm betting it's true for X-pulse laser lights these days i.e. Machine Guns 2.0 - people who start taking fire from MGs/X-Pulse lasers get into that "oh god it's shooting me and it won't stop!" reaction because they're constantly hearing the dinging and Getting-Hit noises, and their brain is convinced they're taking more damage than they are. They flail uselessly trying to Spread The Damage, even though the weapons already spread their damage by their very nature. Even against crap like The Arrow with its stupidiculous machine gun quirks, a few seconds of machine gun screwkkake aren't gonna kill you. Choke the panic, line up your shot, and shoot.

Hell, in my weirdly skilled Scorch (Anchor Turn and Torso Twist speed both), I'll actively go and hunt light 'Mechs down if it's not gonna pull me out of position. Scorch has giant thundering punt guns, way faster turning radius than lights expect, and elbows - all it takes is one decent hit from the thunderguns and that light 'Mech will abruptly remember it has a pressing appointment literally anywhere else on the map. Even when I don't hit them, the fact that I'm aggressively pursuing and hunting them will often unnerve light piltos and get them to scarper off somewhere else - they can tell I'm not afraid of them and that makes them afraid of me.

You must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear not the Little Death, for it only brings obliteration if you let it. Face your fear. Permit it to pass into your crosshair, and when it has exploded into robit confetti you will turn your inner eye to see its wreckage. Where the fear has gone, there will be debris. Only you will remain.

Edited by 1453 R, 12 February 2024 - 10:28 AM.

#19 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 12 February 2024 - 10:28 AM

Dude, I have no idea what you are talking about. Lights take damage. I just got 1 shot by a Fafnir! Don't tell they don't take damage. I play lights and fast mediums and can assure you that I take damage! Maybe you just need to learn to aim?

#20 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 12 February 2024 - 12:20 PM

View PostR O B O C O P, on 12 February 2024 - 07:53 AM, said:

i play on light enough to say you same , hit registration of light mechs is way to brocken often flee , locust , commando , raven , piranha etc. take 500- 700 dmg , you can use your "mechlab" and calculate how many armor have any of this mech in TOTAL.

Yeah you have played ~50 games ever in a light mech, no you do not have a clue... specially if you list one of the hard ones to hit Raven wtf???
They don't take 500-700 dmg you miss 300-500 dmg.

View PostR O B O C O P, on 12 February 2024 - 07:57 AM, said:

Crosshair turns red with what weapons lasers? missiles? dual heavy gauss? you can do 0,01 dmg with lasers and get red crosshair.

Record a video you shooting those light mechs watch it later with 20% playback speed and see how good your aim really is.

Oh yes be afk and get eaten by light in drop zone, because you know if you move ~50kph with that assault mech you will not get caught alone in drop zone (unless map is frozen city classic and one specific lance drop location in it and even in that case you got 3 more allies) because you know lights cannot run 400kph.

So yeah do not be afk or you deserve that tier arrow down and report for afk.

Spoiler

Sure do and everyone knows DATA hates light mechs and loves fat snipy assault.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users