Black Knight Needs Buff

286 replies to this topic

#201 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 281 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 10:22 AM

View PostShineplasma, on 10 March 2024 - 01:48 AM, said:

I saw the 1v1 footage between yourself and my teammate Bassault. You have a lot to learn, so I am glad you got some useful information out of it.

Thats low, we agreed that sharing recordings of the matches were off the table. Bassault is an dishonorable, tasteless worm then? He chose a 400+ meter range front loud damage build vs my 300 meter range face time build. Of course I lost.

But you know what, when he played a close range loadout and I played a close range loadout, and I began to learn these 1v1 maps ive never seen before, I began doing much better, and began winning. And he suddenly had something else to do, and hasnt replied to my requests for 1v1 since.

So, again. Buff the black knight, and while youre at it, fix this game pgi. I am available for consultation for a reasonable fee. I will help your devs out. Nearly for free, just fix the game because as it stands, its not worth the time it takes.

#202 Ttly

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 10:22 AM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 10 March 2024 - 10:14 AM, said:

snip

just turn on thermals to better your aim
no really, it's that simple.
it's much easier to align an orange/teal crosshair across a black background into a white target than it is on a messy screen because this game has terrible crosshair contrast otherwise

also just lower your sensitivity and play with armlock off and get used to aiming with two reticules, arm unlocked reduces your crosshair rigidity since it allows you to detach your crosshair from your torso twist speed somewhat

also the game already has weapons that are better against structure but not armor already, it's called crit damage modifier and it's what make machine guns so good

#203 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 281 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 10:34 AM

View PostTtly, on 10 March 2024 - 07:06 AM, said:

buff the Summoner for non-missile builds
big +structure quirks with no -crit% and asymmetrical cockpit making the left arm hardpoint difficult to use just sucks

Never played a summoner. Dont know.

#204 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 281 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 10:39 AM

View PostTtly, on 10 March 2024 - 10:22 AM, said:

just turn on thermals to better your aim
no really, it's that simple.
it's much easier to align an orange/teal crosshair across a black background into a white target than it is on a messy screen because this game has terrible crosshair contrast otherwise

also just lower your sensitivity and play with armlock off and get used to aiming with two reticules, arm unlocked reduces your crosshair rigidity since it allows you to detach your crosshair from your torso twist speed somewhat

also the game already has weapons that are better against structure but not armor already, it's called crit damage modifier and it's what make machine guns so good

It needs refinement, just because the game already has something doesnt that something is right. Targeting computers just aint right. They need refinement.

Etc, etc. Needs refinement in this game.

And of course, I use flippin thermals. I use everything I can. Doesnt matter. If your team is bad, you lose. I can get 900-1200 dmg in a match and lose. So dont tell me bunk about carrying the team. How much harder could I possibly carry. Maybe if I played perfectly 1500 dmg. How often do even the best players get that much?

Everyone just needs to relax and understand what Im saying.

#205 Ttly

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 10:45 AM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 10 March 2024 - 10:34 AM, said:

Never played a summoner. Dont know.

The Summoner is a 70t Clan Omni Heavy without Endo-Steel structure, it has 5 unremovable jump jets.
It has a lot of +structure quirks for a clan heavy, one of the tankiest clan heavies structurewise even but structure points are bad because criticals exists so it sucks in that regard.
The most popular builds for it are just missile spam.

I've been playing it with cAC/LB10+PPC+LRM5 loadout which is pretty unoptimal but fun enough for me, and it's just really frustrating to have the left arm (the ballistic arm) just hit some wall because turns out I didn't peek out far enough thanks to the asymmetrical cockpit.
Still, that asymmetrical cockpit also made using the right arm a breeze.

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 10 March 2024 - 10:39 AM, said:

It needs refinement, just because the game already has something doesnt that something is right. Targeting computers just aint right. They need refinement.

Etc, etc. Needs refinement in this game.

And of course, I use flippin thermals. I use everything I can. Doesnt matter. If your team is bad, you lose. I can get 900-1200 dmg in a match and lose. So dont tell me bunk about carrying the team. How much harder could I possibly carry. Maybe if I played perfectly 1500 dmg. How often do even the best players get that much?

Everyone just needs to relax and understand what Im saying.

don't play to win then, it's not like hitting tier 1 psr gives you any rewards other than longer mm queue time, and if you did 900-1200 dmg in a match then at least you probably had fun blasting a bunch of people that your teammates failed to?
plus you only play black knights anyway, you don't need the extra cbills and xp from winning

Edited by Ttly, 10 March 2024 - 10:46 AM.

#206 Ttly

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 11:40 AM

Actually, you know what needs a buff? The Warhammer, at 70 tons it isn't faster, it doesn't have better agility, and it has structure quirks (that isn't even substantial enough to match the BLKNT's total HP) instead of armor quirks that the Black Knight has, slightly better hitbox geometry but meh.
It also has comparable hardpoints to the Black Knight if slightly better ST hardpoint placements and that's about it?
The WHM-6D in particular is pretty much a 70t BLKNT even.
I suppose the 9D has jump jets and it has an ECM variant too so there's that in its favour.

Edited by Ttly, 10 March 2024 - 11:46 AM.

#207 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 10 March 2024 - 12:33 PM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 10 March 2024 - 10:14 AM, said:

I tried the alpha builds recommended by Bassault and I have no idea how he kept his accuracy so high and deadlocked on my ct at all times. I tried lowering my sensitivity and then cant hit light mechs. So, the whole idea of testing whether a loadout is bad, or whether a mech needs buffed by doing a 1v1 in a higher tier than you is bullshyte.

I have tried liking this game. and Ive come to realize, that in qp, youre just screwed. No amount of skill can make up for your team being *redacted*.

And As far as what I envision in order to make mwo correctly, so that there is clutch, you need to make mediums, heavies, and assaults incredibly resilient to dmg, unless the enemy gets targeting lock, and you would need more things to lock on to, and quickly. Structural components, targeting computers, heat sinks, engine components, etc. And you would need some weapons that were more effective vs armor, and others specifically for once the armor has an opening. And you would need localized armor damage, so that an entire torso wasnt left cherry red, but that the armor was in that localized position, with damage done through armor to localized structure.

Light mechs could be kept easily killable when standing still, but fast, and loaded with weapons to take out essential components on larger enemy mechs- giving them a vital role in turning the tide of battle when working together.

Sometimes ya just gotta play the game that is. Customizing an experience to exactly your play style is what single player games and mods are for. MW5 has quite an active modding community and is good for that.

And if Bassault was “deadlocked” on your CT, that means two things. First, he shoots what he aims at and waits that extra half second to fire until he can see his intended target, and second, your torso twisting might use some improvement.

don't worry, most of us fall into that last bit.

#208 Alexander of Macedon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 01:14 PM

Yeah, I saw OP in a match earlier today in his Red Reaper II and I now understand why he thinks that the Black Knights should be buffed. I didn't see exactly how he died, but from the position and the stats it looked like the usual soup queue affair. Two thirds of our team squirreled after a random medium on the edge of snow canyon and let the enemy team secure the center. Most of the enemy blob rolled over them one at a time while they scattered. Only three of us were in position to punish their assaults as they came up the ramp, by the time the first one died the score was 2-9 or so.

So yeah, it's partly the observations from the 1-on-1 about not being able to target accurately (solution = practice), not being able to twist damage (solution = practice), and also the more general misunderstanding of how MWO works. You're not going to 1vmany in MWO like you can in a lot of shooters. That's what long TTK means. MWO defensive values are already dramatically buffed well beyond what they are in the tabletop to compensate for everyone having pinpoint aim and near-perfect convergence, adding more armor is just going to make the skill issue more pronounced.

That match specifically we lost because most of our team was out of position and died in a series of 1vseveral duels instead of even doing the rotato potato where at least you have people to share armor. No amount of armor added to your personal 'mech would have salvaged that.

I killed someone else in a Red Reaper II today in a different match, not OP, not the same situation. Dude had the same apparent mentality of "I'm in a big 'mech with a big shield, I can take a lot of damage!" and pushed alone into three of us (my UM-K9, a medium, and I think maybe a Warhammer?). He died in about fifteen seconds while dealing almost no damage in return as he had no support and wasn't able to even use the shield all that well because we split up to crossfire him from different angles.

#209 Ttly

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 01:45 PM

Yeah a lot of Red Reaper players are just bad, they use LXPLs for whatever reason, which defeats the entire point of the shield. LPLs I'd understand, but LXPLs? Absurd!
Not to mention most just seems clueless on how to actually even use the shield.

Please play a Centurion until you've consistently lost your left arm first every match if you are one of these people.

Edited by Ttly, 10 March 2024 - 01:50 PM.

#210 Bassault

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 02:09 PM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 10 March 2024 - 10:22 AM, said:

Thats low, we agreed that sharing recordings of the matches were off the table. Bassault is an dishonorable, tasteless worm then? He chose a 400+ meter range front loud damage build vs my 300 meter range face time build. Of course I lost.

But you know what, when he played a close range loadout and I played a close range loadout, and I began to learn these 1v1 maps ive never seen before, I began doing much better, and began winning. And he suddenly had something else to do, and hasnt replied to my requests for 1v1 since.

So, again. Buff the black knight, and while youre at it, fix this game pgi. I am available for consultation for a reasonable fee. I will help your devs out. Nearly for free, just fix the game because as it stands, its not worth the time it takes.

Unfortunately I showed the first few to a handful of friends as soon as they hapened. But there's nothing to be ashamed about, your build sucked and I have a lot more experience. I asked those who saw it to not be too hard on you anymore since you know, we came to an understanding.

I already told you toward the end that I had to leave soon so we did 2 more. You haven't requested to 1v1 me at all since. You did not start winning, you got closer to killing me however. You won the last one because I forgot to override. I told people to not make fun of you because you seemed to have understood what I was saying and you stopped acting irrationally. Please don't be upset anymore, there's no reason to.

Edited by Bassault, 10 March 2024 - 02:20 PM.

#211 Shineplasma

• PipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 02:09 PM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 10 March 2024 - 10:22 AM, said:

That's uh, one doooooozy of a lie haha.

bassault would 1v1 a wall if he thought it looked at him wrong.

goodluck tho.

Edited by Shineplasma, 10 March 2024 - 02:13 PM.

#212 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 281 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 05:28 PM

View PostTtly, on 10 March 2024 - 11:40 AM, said:

Actually, you know what needs a buff? The Warhammer, at 70 tons it isn't faster, it doesn't have better agility, and it has structure quirks (that isn't even substantial enough to match the BLKNT's total HP) instead of armor quirks that the Black Knight has, slightly better hitbox geometry but meh.
It also has comparable hardpoints to the Black Knight if slightly better ST hardpoint placements and that's about it?
The WHM-6D in particular is pretty much a 70t BLKNT even.
I suppose the 9D has jump jets and it has an ECM variant too so there's that in its favour.

If thats true, is the prevailing idea that the Warhammer is better than the Black Knight?

View PostBassault, on 10 March 2024 - 02:09 PM, said:

Unfortunately I showed the first few to a handful of friends as soon as they hapened. But there's nothing to be ashamed about, your build sucked and I have a lot more experience. I asked those who saw it to not be too hard on you anymore since you know, we came to an understanding.

I already told you toward the end that I had to leave soon so we did 2 more. You haven't requested to 1v1 me at all since. You did not start winning, you got closer to killing me however. You won the last one because I forgot to override. I told people to not make fun of you because you seemed to have understood what I was saying and you stopped acting irrationally. Please don't be upset anymore, there's no reason to.

Im not upset. I am hoping to goad you into more 1v1s

#213 Bassault

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 05:30 PM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 10 March 2024 - 05:28 PM, said:

If thats true, is the prevailing idea that the Warhammer is better than the Black Knight?

Im not upset. I am hoping to goad you into more 1v1s

Tommorow

Edited by Bassault, 10 March 2024 - 05:31 PM.

#214 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 281 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 05:33 PM

View PostAlexander of Macedon, on 10 March 2024 - 01:14 PM, said:

Yeah, I saw OP in a match earlier today in his Red Reaper II and I now understand why he thinks that the Black Knights should be buffed. I didn't see exactly how he died, but from the position and the stats it looked like the usual soup queue affair. Two thirds of our team squirreled after a random medium on the edge of snow canyon and let the enemy team secure the center. Most of the enemy blob rolled over them one at a time while they scattered. Only three of us were in position to punish their assaults as they came up the ramp, by the time the first one died the score was 2-9 or so.

So yeah, it's partly the observations from the 1-on-1 about not being able to target accurately (solution = practice), not being able to twist damage (solution = practice), and also the more general misunderstanding of how MWO works. You're not going to 1vmany in MWO like you can in a lot of shooters. That's what long TTK means. MWO defensive values are already dramatically buffed well beyond what they are in the tabletop to compensate for everyone having pinpoint aim and near-perfect convergence, adding more armor is just going to make the skill issue more pronounced.

That match specifically we lost because most of our team was out of position and died in a series of 1vseveral duels instead of even doing the rotato potato where at least you have people to share armor. No amount of armor added to your personal 'mech would have salvaged that.

I killed someone else in a Red Reaper II today in a different match, not OP, not the same situation. Dude had the same apparent mentality of "I'm in a big 'mech with a big shield, I can take a lot of damage!" and pushed alone into three of us (my UM-K9, a medium, and I think maybe a Warhammer?). He died in about fifteen seconds while dealing almost no damage in return as he had no support and wasn't able to even use the shield all that well because we split up to crossfire him from different angles.

Anyways, i dont play the reaper 2 hardly ever. Other mech was in game and was bored and you fools were running all over the place and my range is 240 meters ...

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 10 March 2024 - 12:33 PM, said:

Sometimes ya just gotta play the game that is. Customizing an experience to exactly your play style is what single player games and mods are for. MW5 has quite an active modding community and is good for that.

And if Bassault was “deadlocked” on your CT, that means two things. First, he shoots what he aims at and waits that extra half second to fire until he can see his intended target, and second, your torso twisting might use some improvement.

don't worry, most of us fall into that last bit.

Deadlocked was a compliment not an accusation

Btw my fps was like 40 that day and 100 today. What gives. Got a razer 15

#215 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 281 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 05:42 PM

Practice more?
After 4 years practice more?

...qp is a waste of time. I think im about done

View PostBassault, on 10 March 2024 - 05:30 PM, said:

Tommorow

Hold on mate, im on the toilet 🪠

#216 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 281 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 09:39 PM

Me asking to buff black knight: https://www.youtube....rts/ucp7rqEuYbw

#217 Tiy0s

• PipPipPip
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMaple Valley, WA

Posted 10 March 2024 - 10:00 PM

Black Knight is good. Not amazing, but good. Not in need of a buff, in my opinion.

Please, this thread is at 11 pages. Let it die.

#218 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 281 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 11:12 PM

View PostTiy0s, on 10 March 2024 - 10:00 PM, said:

Black Knight is good. Not amazing, but good. Not in need of a buff, in my opinion.

Please, this thread is at 11 pages. Let it die.

Im still waiting for you to fix the purple head thing mate

#219 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 281 posts

Posted 11 March 2024 - 12:44 AM

4000 people came to see my thread. So clearly the black knight must rise again!!!!

You dont want to buff it? FINE. You dont want to quirk it? FINE. You guys at pgi get paid alot of money seemingly to come out here, turn my mechs head purple, not buff it or add quirks, nor even give me a coupon to bed bath and beyond, Aaand tell my thread to die!!??

You know what i say to your purple head debauchery!! To your anti buff baboonery? To your cuckolding coupon withholding lack of quirk and lack of work erksome jerk beefing with the noble iconic black knight blxkntrr red reaping sentinel?

Tis but a scratch.

P.s. I'll bite your legs off

Edited by BLXKNTRR, 11 March 2024 - 12:53 AM.

#220 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 11 March 2024 - 12:47 AM

Running in circles, much? Even forum threads seem to devolve into Nascars these days...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users