Black Knight Needs Buff

286 replies to this topic

#1 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 10:34 AM

Embrace the bold truth, MechWarriors! It's time to rally behind a cause that demands our attention. The Black Knight, a once formidable force on the battlefield, has unjustly suffered from unnecessary nerfs and rescaling. It's high time we address the glaring issues and restore this iconic mech to its former glory.

Let's talk about those side torsos – currently a laughingstock on the battlefield. They need a substantial armor boost, a minimum of 10 points, to bring them in line with the resilience they deserve. The Black Knight should stand as a testament to durability, not a pitiful shell waiting to be dismantled.
And don't even get me started on those lackluster quirks. It's time for a significant upgrade! We demand quirks that scream power and superiority, not mediocrity. The Black Knight deserves to be a force to be reckoned with, not a mere afterthought in the face of o
ther, more favored mechs.
Now, let's address the elephant on the battlefield – the Black Knight's size. Downsizing is the key! Picture this legendary mech standing tall at the size of a Gargoyle (instead of the of an annihilator), a sleek and deadly force that commands respect. It's time to shatter the stigma that engaging any mech above 45 tons is tantamount to suicide.

The struggle against Bushwackers, Ravens, and a horde of other mechs that seemingly wont die is all too real. We refuse to accept a fate where our Black Knight is left battered and bruised after every glancing encounter.

We demand fairness and balance on the battlefield! In the era of stone rhino hag and binaries, and more powerful weapon systems to come, it is only right that this noble mech receive the fire power and staying worthy of MechWarrior online.

The time for change is now, MechWarriors! It's evident that the Black Knight has been unjustly shackled for far too long. Rise up with me, and let's push for a 10 armor buff to those side torsos, accompanied by anti-crit quirks as a bare minimum. he battle cries for justice and restoration of the Black Knight cannot be ignored any longer! Unite and make our voices heard – let's bring the Black Knight back to its rightful place of glory!

p.s. please do not remind me of the red reaper 2. It is terrible, that is my view. And who wants to play with 4 srms and small lasers? Not me, especially not in a bk.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Edited by BLXKNTRR, 27 February 2024 - 11:51 AM.

#2 Adam Sandler

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationProudly living in Jade Falcon territory

Posted 27 February 2024 - 04:03 PM

ATTENTION FREEBORN:
I disagree. I think you are merely an inferior pilot (and inferior to TRUEBORN WARRIORS). The side-torsos are not a flaw, 60 armor is fine. 60 armor is only a little less than the Blood Asp's.
Your quirks are indeed pathetic, as are all your mechs. But I believe you simply do not know how to utilize them correctly. Example, the BL-7-KNT-L (L Standing for Loss) has a -15% duration of standard lasers, which is very nice.
The Red Reaper II is NOT terrible. You get your tiny missiles and obsolete small lasers alongside a massive shield. Why don't you use it to torso-twist? Freeborn?
You complain about Bushwackers, Ravens, Humiliating. But this is not what I want to take away from this.
I would like to point something out. You glorify this Mech. Your precious golden calf, or in this case black, is NOT as tall as the beautiful Annihilator, and is taller than a Gargoyle. You whine about being defeated by the mighty Stone Rhino and H.A.G. These are CLAN DESIGNS. I trust you see the pattern. YOU cannot COPE with the fact that the "Clanbuster" mech (It's not) cannot defeat SUPERIOR CLAN TECHNOLOGY.
Your entire message is an adorable plea for mercy, and I find it quite amusing.
If you have a problem, I am Adam Sandler of Clan Jade Falcon, I pilot an Executioner, and I WILL duel you.

#3 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 27 February 2024 - 06:09 PM

But Black Knight Is XL Safe I Know Because Everyone Says So And They Play It A Lot.

#4 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 11:17 PM

View PostAdam Sandler, on 27 February 2024 - 04:03 PM, said:

ATTENTION FREEBORN:
I disagree. I think you are merely an inferior pilot (and inferior to TRUEBORN WARRIORS). The side-torsos are not a flaw, 60 armor is fine. 60 armor is only a little less than the Blood Asp's.
Your quirks are indeed pathetic, as are all your mechs. But I believe you simply do not know how to utilize them correctly. Example, the BL-7-KNT-L (L Standing for Loss) has a -15% duration of standard lasers, which is very nice.
The Red Reaper II is NOT terrible. You get your tiny missiles and obsolete small lasers alongside a massive shield. Why don't you use it to torso-twist? Freeborn?
You complain about Bushwackers, Ravens, Humiliating. But this is not what I want to take away from this.
I would like to point something out. You glorify this Mech. Your precious golden calf, or in this case black, is NOT as tall as the beautiful Annihilator, and is taller than a Gargoyle. You whine about being defeated by the mighty Stone Rhino and H.A.G. These are CLAN DESIGNS. I trust you see the pattern. YOU cannot COPE with the fact that the "Clanbuster" mech (It's not) cannot defeat SUPERIOR CLAN TECHNOLOGY.
Your entire message is an adorable plea for mercy, and I find it quite amusing.
If you have a problem, I am Adam Sandler of Clan Jade Falcon, I pilot an Executioner, and I WILL duel you.

Hah, yes go on about how the black knight is a clan buster, yet not worthy of being a clan buster while undermining your main idea that the black knight doesnt need a nerf.

Sir, I am aware of every possible loadout for all the black knights and have used them all for countless hours.

I have never seen a black knight pilot more skilled than I, although, I wish to meet them in battle should they prove to exist.

The black night needs to be rescaled and rearmored with armor..or with anti crit quirks. Why should the lucky 7 charger get such quirks and the black knight none?

I simply want the mech that I love to shine as it should, and as all mechs should in their respective roles and variations.

So that the game will be as good as it can be.

Cheers to your post and happy hunting mechwarrior.

View PostRickySpanish, on 27 February 2024 - 06:09 PM, said:

But Black Knight Is XL Safe I Know Because Everyone Says So And They Play It A Lot.

I detect sarcasm. Well done.

#5 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 11:53 PM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 27 February 2024 - 11:17 PM, said:

I have never seen a black knight pilot more skilled than I, although, I wish to meet them in battle should they prove to exist.

You need to get your bottom to T1 and you'll increase your chances of seeing more skilled black knight pilots than you.
or you can take my word that there are people more skilled (with black knight) than you some even call black knight one of the best mechs in the game...

#6 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 12:30 AM

View PostCurccu, on 27 February 2024 - 11:53 PM, said:

You need to get your bottom to T1 and you'll increase your chances of seeing more skilled black knight pilots than you.
or you can take my word that there are people more skilled (with black knight) than you some even call black knight one of the best mechs in the game...

So they do exist. In tier 1. I would have been in tier 1 a year ago in a different mech. Just tried a match. downed by crael. There is no point arguing the obvious. The black knight must be downscaled and buffed. It is absurd to assert otherwise.

Edited by BLXKNTRR, 28 February 2024 - 12:41 AM.

#7 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 01:43 AM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 28 February 2024 - 12:30 AM, said:

So they do exist. In tier 1. I would have been in tier 1 a year ago in a different mech. Just tried a match. downed by crael. There is no point arguing the obvious. The black knight must be downscaled and buffed. It is absurd to assert otherwise.

Downscaling isn't gonna happen, because requires resources PGI does not have available... for this game.

#8 Rosarius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 188 posts
  • LocationHervey Bay, Australia

Posted 28 February 2024 - 01:59 AM

Agree. Literally unplayable. Look how unplayable the black knight is

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So unplayable

#9 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 28 February 2024 - 03:53 AM

View PostRosarius, on 28 February 2024 - 01:59 AM, said:

So unplayable

To be fair you are a good player and tend to do well even in a stinky chassis.

Much like a gud lance rolling in the worst uziels are still going to farm the other team if only because they are organized.

#10 Arnetheus

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 05:55 AM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 27 February 2024 - 10:34 AM, said:

The Black Knight, a once formidable force on the battlefield, has unjustly suffered from unnecessary nerfs and rescaling.

Rescaling botched a lot of mechs, yes. What other nerfs are you referring to?
Considering Cauldron did buff them, at least 2 times.

The struggle against Bushwackers, Ravens, and a horde of other mechs that seemingly wont die is all too real.

Well, those mechs have a very narow front profile, helps a lot with spreading the damage. Not that many mechs have such design.
But in return, any moment you catch them at a side angle their torsos are instantly gone to 1-2 alphas.

We refuse to accept a fate where our Black Knight is left battered and bruised after every glancing encounter.

Sorry, but skill issue.
BLKs have fast twisting speed and great arms for tanking. Pump it further with skillpoints if you need to.

We demand fairness and balance on the battlefield! In the era of stone rhino hag and binaries, and more powerful weapon systems to come, it is only right that this noble mech receive the fire power and staying worthy of MechWarrior online.

A classic 3 + 6 BLK-6B is one of the best lasvom boats in the game, for a while now.
Other variants might use a few tweaks though.

p.s. please do not remind me of the red reaper 2. It is terrible, that is my view. And who wants to play with 4 srms and small lasers? Not me, especially not in a bk.

I've seen people run several builds to various degree of success, looks like a good mech.
It can play midrange just fine, although it's harder to shield with higher laser burn durations, obviously.

View PostRickySpanish, on 27 February 2024 - 06:09 PM, said:

Huh? Sounds like a personal issue to bring up, considering topic starter said nothing about the engines.
Yes, Black Knights are XL safe.
Used mostly for speed and ease of manoeuver/closing in. Can be played at slower speeds with LFE, as long as you don't sleep at the wheel and fall behind during nascar matches.

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 27 February 2024 - 11:17 PM, said:

Sir, I am aware of every possible loadout for all the black knights and have used them all for countless hours.

I'll be charitable and assume this is a bait attempt and not a genuine delusional train of thought.
If you have tried "all the builds", why are you saying as if SRM's and smalls is the only way to play Red Reaper? = )

The black night needs to be rescaled and rearmored with armor..or with anti crit quirks.

Yes, it should be rescaled, like plenty of other mechs. Not going to happen though, as PGI is busy with other stuff and refuses to divert devs to MWO.

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 28 February 2024 - 12:30 AM, said:

So they do exist. In tier 1. I would have been in tier 1 a year ago in a different mech. Just tried a match. downed by crael.

Ah yes, the "i don't play meta" non-argument. Which sounds especially weird when applied to Black Knights.

Yes, trully unplayable.
Spoiler

View PostMeep Meep, on 28 February 2024 - 03:53 AM, said:

To be fair you are a good player and tend to do well even in a stinky chassis.

Calling BLK a "stinky chassis" is gormless.

#11 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 28 February 2024 - 08:01 AM

View PostArnetheus, on 28 February 2024 - 05:55 AM, said:

Calling BLK a "stinky chassis" is gormless.

I could have worded that better. Was more meaning good players can make average or even sub par mechs perform in the wilderness of fits in qp.

#12 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 10:02 AM

View PostCurccu, on 28 February 2024 - 01:43 AM, said:

Downscaling isn't gonna happen, because requires resources PGI does not have available... for this game.

How can it be so hard to simply shrink a mech?

#13 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 10:07 AM

View PostMeep Meep, on 28 February 2024 - 08:01 AM, said:

I could have worded that better. Was more meaning good players can make average or even sub par mechs perform in the wilderness of fits in qp.

Skill is a myth in quick play sir. Whether at range or close up, the black knight is too big for anything but corner peaking, and then twisting torso while praying the hag doesnt hit, or hanging in medium range back line and picking off mechs already engaging actual threats to them. Or playing long range vs a team with little to no long range opposition.

The advent of all these new weapons and these incredibly strong new mechs, along with old school mechs that somehow werent nerfed...means the black knight is even worse than it was before comparatively

And you can tell, in qp, you rarely ever see black knights. What you do see alot of is other 75 ton beasts that are vastly superior weapon systems. Like the Orion for example. You see an orion and youre in a black knight and you might as well be staring at an atlas

#14 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 February 2024 - 10:24 AM

I'll try to be nice, even though you're talking terrible nonsense. If you don't want to play brawler in this red reaper, maybe try something like this.
bl-x-knt-2lgd
There are better mechs for this build, like Tempest and one of the Marauders, but here you have a huge shield Posted Image .
I don't know, try it, maybe you'll change your mind.

#15 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 10:40 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So unplayable

So what, I get 1200 dmg frequently too, that because of skill/ luck, not because the mech is balanced. Its not. I know, because Ive played the black knight for years, and ive played other mechs for years. And other mechs are easy mode.

Edited by BLXKNTRR, 28 February 2024 - 10:41 AM.

#16 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 10:44 AM

View PostMarcinT1981, on 28 February 2024 - 10:24 AM, said:

I'll try to be nice, even though you're talking terrible nonsense. If you don't want to play brawler in this red reaper, maybe try something like this.
bl-x-knt-2lgd
There are better mechs for this build, like Tempest and one of the Marauders, but here you have a huge shield Posted Image .
I don't know, try it, maybe you'll change your mind.

Oh Ive tried it. Its as if the designers of the reaper 2 have no idea what theyre doing and dont care at all

2 mrm and small lasers in a black knight...that is what you come at me with..unreal. Nobody who plays a black knight wants missiles, or theyd have a catapult or archer, or 15 other way better missile boats.

What happened to people's iqs. I dont know. and forgive me for saying that, I dont want to call you stupid, and im not. But its like, youre saying Im being terrible- it is a tragic comedy that im here arguing why an iconic energy mech shouldnt have missiles as the main weapon system, especially with small lasers as the limp afterthought leaving you with tiny emasculated pews. I think that is so so incredibly dumb, I cant even believe im here rn

Edited by BLXKNTRR, 28 February 2024 - 10:46 AM.

#17 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 10:54 AM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 28 February 2024 - 10:02 AM, said:

How can it be so hard to simply shrink a mech?

Not just visual mech scaling but scaled hitbox mapping for all hitboxes and make sure they are not overlapped or have gaps or something.

#18 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 11:00 AM

We have the charger lucky 7. I am merely asking for a small rescale and a tiny armor buff and some interesting quirks that allow for interesting builds.

As is

6- best for er mediums, or medium x pulse paired with your choice of 3 er large, 2 large pulse, 2 snubs, 1 hppc+lppc. 3 llpc. or 2 hppc with armor shaved from left arm (face time variations need buff the most because the human shape hitboxes are too vulnerable.)

6r- same

6b- best for er mediums+ 3 lpl, or er meds/ small x pulse with 3lxp. Also like 2 binary, 2 large, 5 er mediums

7- best for 5 lppc, 3 mpl/ 4 er mediums (why 2hppc is only 3 more dmg for 5 extra tons and longer cool down/ snubs similar) Er ppcs can work on it, but there are far better options.

7l- best for 2 binary and mediums

partisan- weird mech, but I like 2 snubs+ uac20. Also mxp with rotary 5 can be fun but hard to play face time variations. Also 3 er large and gauss is okish. Mrm 40 builds, meh. Way better missile mechs out there. But it is a nice high mount. It goes with medium lasers. very boring

Reaper highlights the flaws of the black knight because torso twisting to take dmg on the shield doesnt work. The enemy can just wait and shoot you in the side torso 1 time and youre basically dead. If you are moving at a decent speed, it can be somewhat effective as you run, shoot, twist, cover. Or to round corner you can show shield, take shot, and fire. but they again can just wait to shoot. Problem with the run and gun shield approach is srms velocity speeds and laser duration.

I have tried every thing I can on the reaper and what you get is small lasers, or some worse variation of loadouts you already enjoyed on other mechs but less heatsinks speeds, and a giant shield that id honestly prefer not having.

Edited by BLXKNTRR, 28 February 2024 - 11:02 AM.

#19 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 11:14 AM

Well you are not going to get that rescale, PGI has made that clear.
It was one of the 1st things Cauldron wanted to do.

#20 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 28 February 2024 - 11:24 AM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 28 February 2024 - 10:44 AM, said:

But its like, youre saying Im being terrible- it is a tragic comedy that im here arguing why an iconic energy mech shouldnt have missiles as the main weapon system

The reason they have that is to make up for the lack of a sword which both the Partisan and Red Reaper are meant to have. The closest analogue to physical weapons is probably missiles given how short range they typically are.

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 28 February 2024 - 11:00 AM, said:

We have the charger lucky 7. I am merely asking for a small rescale and a tiny armor buff and some interesting quirks that allow for interesting builds.

"merely" and "just" are some dirty words when you don't know the actual technical details to accomplish something. Rescales are heavily involved afaik which is why any modifications whether they be like the Nova Cat's arms or a rescale have been reserved for the most egregious which IMO is not the Black Knight.

Edited by Quicksilver Aberration, 28 February 2024 - 11:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users