• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,758 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 31 May 2024 - 09:07 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 31 May 2024 - 07:21 AM, said:

clan weapons Posted Image

If you are having trouble with Clan weapons, then that's more telling about you than the "balance" of Clan weapons.

#42 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 09:35 AM

View PostQuicksilver Aberration, on 31 May 2024 - 09:07 AM, said:

If you are having trouble with Clan weapons, then that's more telling about you than the "balance" of Clan weapons.

yeah uhhh this is a genuine skill issue

#43 Nine-Ball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 653 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 10:37 AM

I think what would help alot of players is realizing the time it takes for the big guns to get into position.

It takes 10 seconds for a flea to reach X spot on the map.

it takes 15 seconds for any other light to reach X spot on the map.

It takes 45 seconds for an assault to reach X spot on the map...

And so on.

At the very least this should make players more aware of certain spots on the map and not just ignore them because there is nothing to indicate an enemy being in that direction.

#44 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,758 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 11:07 AM

View PostNine-Ball, on 31 May 2024 - 10:37 AM, said:

I think what would help alot of players is realizing the time it takes for the big guns to get into position.

It takes 10 seconds for a flea to reach X spot on the map.

it takes 15 seconds for any other light to reach X spot on the map.

It takes 45 seconds for an assault to reach X spot on the map...

And so on.

At the very least this should make players more aware of certain spots on the map and not just ignore them because there is nothing to indicate an enemy being in that direction.

Problem is that speeds are highly variable, if speeds were more "stepped" like in TT it would help a lot with knowing timings, no different than it does in games like Counterstrike, CoD, Valorant, etc. Especially with MASC in the mix.

Edited by Quicksilver Aberration, 31 May 2024 - 11:07 AM.

#45 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 595 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 02:07 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 31 May 2024 - 07:21 AM, said:

clan weapons Posted Image

Which ones? Only ones I've ever had issue with were the base ACs and their split fire. Everything else gives up a little something something for being more compact and lighter.

#46 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 31 May 2024 - 03:49 PM

View PostQuicksilver Aberration, on 31 May 2024 - 09:07 AM, said:

If you are having trouble telling a joke from serious i think you need your reading comprehension checked.

#47 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 595 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 04:25 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 31 May 2024 - 03:49 PM, said:

If you are having trouble telling a joke from serious i think you need your reading comprehension checked.

Text doesn't convey emotions as well as you might think.

#48 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,758 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 04:53 PM

Considering I've seen you post about how Clans are underpowered in these forums before, I don't think it unreasonable for people to take your text as not a joke, especially on these forums.

#49 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 31 May 2024 - 05:39 PM

View PostQuicksilver Aberration, on 31 May 2024 - 04:53 PM, said:

Considering I've seen you post about how Clans are underpowered in these forums before, I don't think it unreasonable for people to take your text as not a joke, especially on these forums.
ever hear of reverse psychology, if you'd maybe not mention that maybe for once I'd stop yapping about it but once again you proven you want me to whine about it...

Edited by KursedVixen, 31 May 2024 - 05:39 PM.

#50 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 691 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 07:52 PM

View Post1453 R, on 31 May 2024 - 07:20 AM, said:

I'd like to know which weapons are "not viable" for QP, to the point of never being seen. Because as best I can tell, you can name almost any weapon in this game and there's a build or six out there that uses it to good effect. Not, perhaps, at ultra tippy-top comp levels, but we're not talking comp, we're talking basic QP.

brawl is quite strong in comp, overwhelmingly so on some maps. you'll see plenty of SRMs, MGs, red lasers, snubs, etc. being used by teams of all skill levels, including the very top of div A. brawl weapons themselves are plenty good, the issue in QP is that teams are typically uncoordinated and timid, and many players completely fall apart if they're unable to immediately W key face roll things.

#51 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 728 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 09:19 PM

View PostGasboy, on 30 May 2024 - 07:22 PM, said:

I think it's be great to have a 2 or 3 mech drop deck so you at least not be totally boned when polar highlands is chosen and you're in a spl mech.

You mean Peaks, right? Highlands has plenty of brawl and backstab opportunities.

#52 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 595 posts

Posted 01 June 2024 - 06:58 AM

View Postfoamyesque, on 31 May 2024 - 09:19 PM, said:

You mean Peaks, right? Highlands has plenty of brawl and backstab opportunities.

Even Peaks has plenty of brawl and backstab opportunities.

But if you're in a short range mech, you have to 'swim upstream' to get opportunities to fire.

#53 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,549 posts

Posted 01 June 2024 - 09:17 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 31 May 2024 - 05:39 PM, said:

ever hear of reverse psychology, if you'd maybe not mention that maybe for once I'd stop yapping about it but once again you proven you want me to whine about it...

The observation "this person has consistently expressed a viewpoint that would make their words come off as intended seriously, rather than as the joke they claim" is not equivalent to "I wish for this person to continue expressing this viewpoint."

#54 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,956 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 01 June 2024 - 06:05 PM

The fact that no one could tell you were joking says more about you than it does about them. A sufficiently advanced lunatic is indistinguishable from a casual troll.

View PostKursedVixen, on 31 May 2024 - 05:39 PM, said:

it's your fault I harp on this endlessly, because if you'd just use reverse psychology, I could pretend I was right!

Suuure.

#55 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 728 posts

Posted 01 June 2024 - 07:42 PM

View PostGasboy, on 01 June 2024 - 06:58 AM, said:

Even Peaks has plenty of brawl and backstab opportunities.

But if you're in a short range mech, you have to 'swim upstream' to get opportunities to fire.

It has some, but let's be completely honest here; Peaks has extraordinarily long sightlines across a lot of the approach lanes to the the dominant points. Highlands, on the other hand, is a big map, but as far as cover and access and strong points go it isn't that much different than, say, Canyon.

#56 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 595 posts

Posted 01 June 2024 - 07:49 PM

View Postfoamyesque, on 01 June 2024 - 07:42 PM, said:

It has some, but let's be completely honest here; Peaks has extraordinarily long sightlines across a lot of the approach lanes to the the dominant points.

You can still sneak up and get into a firing position with little to no indicators of your arrival. Even sit inside the domination circle until they figure out the countdown's stopped.

Highlands, on the other hand, is a big map, but as far as cover and access and strong points go it isn't that much different than, say, Canyon.

Yep. But with a predilection for long range weapon loadouts wanting to "snipe" or "trade", you still have to walk all over hell's half acre to get into range. Easy if it's just you and that guy, harder when they can snipe at you while you fight their friends.

Where as on smaller maps, it's easier, as there is less map to traverse.

#57 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 728 posts

Posted 01 June 2024 - 08:11 PM

View PostGasboy, on 01 June 2024 - 07:49 PM, said:

You can still sneak up and get into a firing position with little to no indicators of your arrival. Even sit inside the domination circle until they figure out the countdown's stopped.

Yep. But with a predilection for long range weapon loadouts wanting to "snipe" or "trade", you still have to walk all over hell's half acre to get into range. Easy if it's just you and that guy, harder when they can snipe at you while you fight their friends.

Where as on smaller maps, it's easier, as there is less map to traverse.

The spawnpoints on Highlands got moved up. You don't need to cover more ground than any other mid-sized map except in Conquest. Right now it is functionally significantly smaller than Forest Colony.

#58 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 595 posts

Posted 02 June 2024 - 08:02 AM

View Postfoamyesque, on 01 June 2024 - 08:11 PM, said:

The spawnpoints on Highlands got moved up. You don't need to cover more ground than any other mid-sized map except in Conquest. Right now it is functionally significantly smaller than Forest Colony.

The map's not any smaller, and as far as I can tell, people who want to use range can still do so. Only with the spawn points moved up, the rest of the red team's still close to said snipers, making it a longer walk to get around them. I'm not saying it's impossible.

But having a dropdeck where you could pick one mech from would make things less awkward. All I'm arguing.

#59 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,549 posts

Posted 04 June 2024 - 05:27 AM

The issue with the whole QP Drop Deck thing is, as always, that it completely invalidates taking anything but the most UltraHyperSuperMeta loadout for a given map. Playing a "brawling map" with anything but a dedicated hyper brawler utterly useless outside 200m? Your entire team screams at you forever and if there was a "vote out of match" function they'd use it to drop you.

People claim that drop deck in QP would increase match diversity, but it really wouldn't do anything of the sort. it would sharply decrease match diversity instead by adding what amounts to a hard-coded requirement to play "The Right 'Mech" for any given map, thereby ensuring that no 'Mech other than 'The Right 'Mech' ever appears on the map. And if you happen to suck with that 'Mech, or don't like that 'Mech, then you're boned and have no recourse because you're just not allowed to play what you actually want to play anymore without 'The Community'(C) screeching at you the entire time for being Bad, Dumb, and Wrong.

Do we really need more reason for the average Puglandian to lambast their team?

#60 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 595 posts

Posted 04 June 2024 - 06:45 AM

Do we really need more reason for the average Puglandian to lambast their team?

They already do that regardless. At least with a selection of mechs you've got a chance at choosing an appropriate mech.

And if folks could have their way, they'd have a button to show mech loadouts on friendlies. That'll never be abused at all. /s

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users