123 replies to this topic

#41 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,228 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 07:26 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 15 June 2024 - 07:21 AM, said:

Everything you need to know about the balance in the MWO.

Posted Image

PGI, as you conduct your research into improving balance in the game, think about this screenshot.
Perhaps this will give you some ideas about what is killing this game.

Did you win? Posted Image

#42 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Private
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 07:59 AM

Hello.
1st of all I want to say thank for 2 free mechs.
2nd of all I want to ask - please, if You making "one mode event" be sure this mode is fine in terms of balance. You did great job to make QP balanced, to make all mechs valuable, but, same time, FP is totaly different gamemode, with other rules... But you did nothing to fix it before launch FP event, so, Im, as FP fan, was forced to see again how did core thing of the game (yes, IMHO FP is core thing of this game) dying w/o attention... Sad to see this, but, still, I've got some fun playing this mode, when was not sniped from one spawn point on other, when not swarmed by coordinated unit, when was playing different playstile then endless sniping duels 12-vs-12 etc...

-----

Posted Image

PGI, as you conduct your research into improving balance in the game, think about this screenshot.

They was trying to split queues long time ago, didnt you remember that?.. But now it's again here, and, while I have nothing VS friends playing together, this thing is "a bit different" then "get stomped by coordinated unit", sad PGI still cant find what make this difference Posted Image

Edited by Pz_DC, 15 June 2024 - 08:00 AM.

#43 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,182 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 15 June 2024 - 08:06 AM

Posted Image

I like your borked drop deck.

#44 Heat Skink

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 105 posts
  • LocationIn your mech eating heat sinks

Posted 15 June 2024 - 08:08 AM

View Postmartian, on 15 June 2024 - 07:26 AM, said:

Did you win? Posted Image

no we got stomped twice...

#45 Oberst Jaime Wolf

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 09:01 AM

Trying to redeem my faction play warhorns and mc makes the game crash. Pls fix!!!

And it is not counting matches for the first faction play challenge on the Website.

#46 Praetor Varekai

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 09:09 AM

View PostOberst Jaime Wolf, on 15 June 2024 - 09:01 AM, said:

And it is not counting matches for the first faction play challenge on the Website.

Ditto to this on the first faction challenge not accumulating progress at all.

#47 Selaha

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 09:18 AM

First challange dosnt work (0:2 second 2:4)

#48 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 09:19 AM

View PostOberst Jaime Wolf, on 15 June 2024 - 09:01 AM, said:

Trying to redeem my faction play warhorns and mc makes the game crash. Pls fix!!!

use the website

#49 S U L T A N

• PipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 10:32 AM

Match Challenge 1 doesn't complete even though the rest does.
Game crashes when you try to redeem the rewards in-game (for the FP event).

#50 Elfcat

• PipPipPip
  • Sho-sa
  • Sho-sa
  • 61 posts
  • LocationYay Area

Posted 15 June 2024 - 10:45 AM

Goodness, sounds like I had the right idea not ever getting used to looking at the event screen in-game, I've always (like 99%) done it through the web browser (partly since it can be done that way on a separate mobile device thus avoiding alt-tabbing).

#51 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 11:03 AM

View PostElfcat, on 15 June 2024 - 10:45 AM, said:

Goodness, sounds like I had the right idea not ever getting used to looking at the event screen in-game, I've always (like 99%) done it through the web browser (partly since it can be done that way on a separate mobile device thus avoiding alt-tabbing).
it sometimes rewards you faster if you do it in game if you do it on the websie you have to wait a match or restart the game.

#52 Victor Steiner Fred Dref Davion

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 11:35 AM

You are probably already aware by now but the first of the Faction Play Match Score challenges is bugged and is not counting. Also just redeem rewards off the website rather than in-game.

PGI- cheers for the free mechs, won't ever turn down an excuse to put more hours behind the cockpit. :)

As for faction play, it is a problematic gamemode for me. Games are skewed heavily in the defenders favor in random drops. The games with 8-12 organized unit members against random drops are akin to masochism in its purest form, and unless you win the rewards are paltry to the time spent in the game (30 min matches usually).
I want faction play to be something I want to play but without a large group of regularly playing friends I don't see the point.
Also doesn't help that the units gloat and trashtalk while stomping random drops, adds to the whole masochism thing.

Edited by Victor Steiner Fred Dref Davion, 15 June 2024 - 11:51 AM.

#53 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 265 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 15 June 2024 - 11:55 AM

The 2 match over 100 match score is bugged.

#54 Mkoll666

• PipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 12:03 PM

first event challenge is broken 0/2 matches with 100+ matchscore, if u try to even go to the event it will crash the game

#55 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 633 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 03:44 PM

Posted Image

What would you suggest to fix it?

#56 Red October

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 03:53 PM

10 minutes of sitting in the FP queue, watching a pointless Time to Launch counter reset endlessly and Other Competitors in Queue change randomly and still no match.
Off to Helldive. How FP has been this broken, for this long, even during an event, is laughable.

#57 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 633 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 04:00 PM

I have not been playing the game for 10 years like some of you but ...it is my understanding that Faction Play is intended for organized teams, not pugs, pugs can play because ... well it is PGI we dealing with here. I have joined some teams in the past but one of the reasons I avoid it's because:

The pressure of having to become better, and play with the load out the pros tell you to play , if you want to remain in the team, and I just find that rater... bittersweet

Remember that I ended up buying some more mech, and of course tried to skille them up, all of the sudden I found myself doing qp more often, and hardly even spoke to anybody in my unit. Fighting as part of a unit is fun , dont get me wrong about that, but there is something in this game that make the experience deeply flawed... can't quite point my finger at it though.

Edited by simon1812, 15 June 2024 - 04:05 PM.

#58 Supatim101

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 07:09 PM

I'm having a lot of fun in the FP event. Did 10+ matches today and got the rewards (although still waiting on the redeem fix).

Wait times weren't amazing but weren't completely terrible either. When my group had a particularly long wait, we joined the other side and got in pretty quick. I think dropping with a group makes a difference.

I'd been waiting for a FP event since last time, and this one has been pretty fun so far.

#59 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 633 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 07:56 PM

View PostSupatim101, on 15 June 2024 - 07:09 PM, said:

I'm having a lot of fun in the FP event. Did 10+ matches today and got the rewards (although still waiting on the redeem fix).

Wait times weren't amazing but weren't completely terrible either. When my group had a particularly long wait, we joined the other side and got in pretty quick. I think dropping with a group makes a difference.

I'd been waiting for a FP event since last time, and this one has been pretty fun so far.

It has been fun this time around, I haven't seen the snipping fest from prior matches

#60 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 633 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 08:31 PM

Still haven't able to enter an urbie event match though.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users