Just A Tease

55 replies to this topic

#41 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 July 2024 - 05:46 PM

Last assaults should be THUG for InnerSphere.

Maybe the Naga II, or a Gargoyle Battlemech for Clans.

Then start doing mediums and heavies.
There are so many Assaults.... need to widen the spectrum.

#42 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 595 posts

Posted 05 July 2024 - 06:10 PM

View PostCyborne Elemental, on 05 July 2024 - 05:46 PM, said:

Last assaults should be THUG for InnerSphere.

Maybe the Naga II, or a Gargoyle Battlemech for Clans.

Then start doing mediums and heavies.
There are so many Assaults.... need to widen the spectrum.

So many assaults but you say more assaults first and then others? WTF? xD

#43 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 05 July 2024 - 09:21 PM

View PostGasboy, on 05 July 2024 - 04:54 PM, said:

Okay 4 mediums and 2 lights. Still think the next few should be mediums and lights. Can maybe add more heavies once we have a few more meds and lights.

Lights don't sell. Mediums don't sell well. Heavies okay. Assault legendaries definitely sell. Takes about the same resources to make a legendary in any weight class- in order to make money those resources go to the weight class that sells.

#44 Tiy0s

Staff

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEdo, Turtle Bay

Posted 06 July 2024 - 12:23 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

More goodies you ask for?

I was supposed to post these earlier today and ask Matt to bump this thread and put them on the front page but now that'll have to wait until Monday. So I figured I'd post them for now as a little treat for anyone who digs deep on the forums :D

Edited by Tiy0s, 06 July 2024 - 12:25 AM.

#45 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,899 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 06 July 2024 - 12:37 AM

Magshot cicada? If its a fast boi and has plentiful jj and some healthy magshot specific quirks yeah this might be a buy.

#46 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 595 posts

Posted 06 July 2024 - 04:50 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 05 July 2024 - 09:21 PM, said:

Lights don't sell. Mediums don't sell well. Heavies okay. Assault legendaries definitely sell. Takes about the same resources to make a legendary in any weight class- in order to make money those resources go to the weight class that sells.

We keep trotting out this tired and worn line. Sure, maybe the regular light and medium mechpacks did not, or do not, sell well. But I think the Warthog and Scaleshot prove that they can sell well. And if that Cicada above is any good, it will sell well too. Make a Locust or Flea and see what happens.

I think that unless we want to continue to see matches heavily biased to assault and heavy mechs, they have to pause putting out those sorts of legendaries.

(Yes I am aware the Warthog is just a loyalty mech but it stands as proof that lights can be popular)

#47 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 06 July 2024 - 07:44 AM

View PostGasboy, on 06 July 2024 - 04:50 AM, said:

We keep trotting out this tired and worn line. Sure, maybe the regular light and medium mechpacks did not, or do not, sell well. But I think the Warthog and Scaleshot prove that they can sell well. And if that Cicada above is any good, it will sell well too. Make a Locust or Flea and see what happens.

I think that unless we want to continue to see matches heavily biased to assault and heavy mechs, they have to pause putting out those sorts of legendaries.

(Yes I am aware the Warthog is just a loyalty mech but it stands as proof that lights can be popular)

NGL, assault legendary glut is one reason I skipped the Bullshark. I just can't see why I need another 95 ton mech, even one that looks cool. First pack I've skipped in a long time. And I haven't gotten the Behemoth either. First Legendary I've skipped. Similar reasons. <shrug>

Edited by TercieI, 06 July 2024 - 07:45 AM.

#48 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,899 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 06 July 2024 - 01:40 PM

View PostGasboy, on 06 July 2024 - 04:50 AM, said:

Make a Locust or Flea and see what happens.

Well in those two mechs case you more or less got a 'legendary' locust with the recent pirates bane giga buffs. There are not really any standout fleas other than the 19 and 20 and thats mostly due to the hitbox and in the 20's case ecm and masc. If I was to want a legendary flea I'd base it off the 20 and give it some really nice intel gathering quirks along with weapon range. Maybe add in a few unbonused ballistic mounts so it can go smalls and magshot. Otherwise it would just be a bit too strong. But intel quirks are neutral and are totally up to the user to exploit unlike giga weapon quirks. 250m base seismic would be wonderful.

#49 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 July 2024 - 02:01 PM

OMG YES!!!

The ZEU6Y lives!!!

Tiy0s many of us have been waiting so long for that Variant.

Thank you.

(To Gasboy)
80 ton mechs, which there aren't many, especially on Clan side.
I think we have enough 90-100 tonners.

#50 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 728 posts

Posted 06 July 2024 - 02:15 PM

View PostTercieI, on 06 July 2024 - 07:44 AM, said:

NGL, assault legendary glut is one reason I skipped the Bullshark. I just can't see why I need another 95 ton mech, even one that looks cool. First pack I've skipped in a long time. And I haven't gotten the Behemoth either. First Legendary I've skipped. Similar reasons. <shrug>

The Bull Shark was extremely good, but I think basically everyone looked at the Behemoth and went 'ehhhh'. That's partly why they're upquirking it this patch. The Ferroblast at least had a unique gimmick that makes it absolutely hilarious to drive, so it sold better, but if you want Big Gun Fat Assault there's a plethora of choices out there, many of them extremely strong in their own rights.

Edited by foamyesque, 06 July 2024 - 07:08 PM.

#51 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 595 posts

Posted 06 July 2024 - 07:50 PM

View PostCyborne Elemental, on 06 July 2024 - 02:01 PM, said:

(To Gasboy)

There are as many 80 tonners as there are 90 tonners. There are more 80s than 85s or 95s. More 100s though. So uh, no, there are plenty of 80 tonners when you look at assaults. We have a glut of them at all assault tonnages.

#52 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 July 2024 - 08:29 PM

IS does have plenty.

Clan only has the Gargoyle(MOW) and WarHammer-IIC,
2 80 ton mechs, that is all that is in game for clans.

#53 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 595 posts

Posted 07 July 2024 - 04:02 AM

View PostCyborne Elemental, on 06 July 2024 - 08:29 PM, said:

IS does have plenty.

Clan only has the Gargoyle(MOW) and WarHammer-IIC,
2 80 ton mechs, that is all that is in game for clans.

Oh no what a nightmare!!!111

There's a glut of assaults, adding more makes things worse. Clans aren't suffering because they only have two 80 tonners.

#54 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 07 July 2024 - 01:43 PM

Best release the Commando, Locust, Griffin, and Shadhawk IIC they're pretty much easy to implement without going crazy with the modelling and it's a solid line up of 25-45 tonners.

And throw the Mad Cat Mk III in their as a strong 55 tonner and it's infinitely more better than adding more assaults.

#55 Cuspate

• Pip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 July 2024 - 11:24 AM

View PostTiy0s, on 24 June 2024 - 08:35 PM, said:

Hey all!

It's been a bit since I've treated y'all to a teaser, so I thought I'd post some goodies! This July we're doing one legendary mech(an inner sphere assault mech with ECM!) and we are releasing the Tournament Supporter Pack for the MWO Comp Championship Series 2024! The TSP will have three variants in it and the pack will be made up of multiple smaller packages you can purchase a la carte to allow players to pick and choose the content they want without purchasing the whole thing. Like previous years, it will come with a cbill and XP booster.

One of the variants in there will be the Atlas AS7-M(TSP), here's the specs!
Posted Image
Posted Image

There will also be a Cicada and Zeus variant, but we're gonna wait until we're a little closer to the pack release to show them off.

Cheers!

Could you put the specs on the TSP package purchase page?

#56 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,688 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 25 July 2024 - 04:07 PM

View PostCyborne Elemental, on 06 July 2024 - 02:01 PM, said:

OMG YES!!!

The ZEU6Y lives!!!

Tiy0s many of us have been waiting so long for that Variant.

Thank you.

(To Gasboy)

I wish it was the the 6Y variant. Alas, it isn't. If it was, it'd have AC/5 attached to the right arm. Would love to have this regardless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users