2024 Tournament Supporter Pack

86 replies to this topic

#41 Slab Hatrock

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2024 - 11:11 AM

No XP/GXP boost? I have enough C-bills.. I could donate half to charity and not miss it. Not worth it unless you're looking for the new mechs.

#42 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 228 posts

Posted 28 July 2024 - 09:06 PM

So, just to make it clear.

The $10 Supporter Pack gives you 3 sets of cockpit items plus the 2023 decal. Or you can buy a $15 pack, get 4 sets of cockpit items, no 2023 decals but you get a choice of 1 of 3 mechs plus 2 mech bays.

There's some other stuff included but there's no difference between the packs.

Is that correct?

#43 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,563 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 29 July 2024 - 02:17 AM

1. Yes, the traditional $10 Supporter Pack give you 3 sets of cockpit items plus the 2023 decal. It does not give you any MC+GSP+CBills+Premium_Time. No mech. (see w0qj comments on page 1 of this thread).

2. For the $15 TSP mech packs (and there are 6 of them to choose from), it differs by the Special Variant mech.
You get 4x cockpit item set (usually the standing cockpit item gives you +5% CBIlls boost).
You get MC+GSP+CBills+Premium_Time!

a) The 2024 TSP mech packs does not have you any 2023/2022/2021 decals.

b ) The 2023/2022/2021 TSP mech packs give you the decals according to the year of your 202x TSP mech pack.
You get 4x cockpit item sets (of which: 2x are 2024 cockpit sets, plus 2x are the 202x cockpit sets).
(Usually the standing cockpit item gives you +5% CBIlls boost).

View PostMark Yore, on 28 July 2024 - 09:06 PM, said:

So, just to make it clear.

The $10 Supporter Pack gives you 3 sets of cockpit items plus the 2023 decal. Or you can buy a $15 pack, get 4 sets of cockpit items, no 2023 decals but you get a choice of 1 of 3 mechs plus 2 mech bays.

There's some other stuff included but there's no difference between the packs.
Is that correct?

Edited by w0qj, 29 July 2024 - 02:19 AM.

#44 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 July 2024 - 06:49 AM

View Postw0qj, on 29 July 2024 - 02:17 AM, said:

1. Yes, the traditional $10 Supporter Pack give you 3 sets of cockpit items plus the 2023 decal. It does not give you any MC+GSP+CBills+Premium_Time. No mech. (see w0qj comments on page 1 of this thread).

2. For the $15 TSP mech packs (and there are 6 of them to choose from), it differs by the Special Variant mech.
You get 4x cockpit item set (usually the standing cockpit item gives you +5% CBIlls boost).
You get MC+GSP+CBills+Premium_Time!

Thanks.

I normally buy the $10 pack to support PGI, but this time around the extra bonuses for the $15 pack are well and truly worth it.

I just wanted to check in case I missed something.

#45 Slab Hatrock

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2024 - 07:20 AM

In regards to my earlier comments about no XP boost, Isn't there usually an XP boost with the TSP or am I not remembering correctly?

#46 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,563 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 29 July 2024 - 08:15 AM

Only the $15 TSP packs give you 30-day active Premium Time, and we know that Premium Time give you +50% CBills bonus and +50% XP bonus boost.

The TSP until 30th April 2025 is only for an additional +10% CBills Bonus boost, and unfortunately it does not give any additional XP boost.

You can also acquire (very) expensive CBills and/or XP bonus cockpit items here:
Civil War ==> CBills and/or XP bonus cockpit item
Civil War: Escalation ==> CBills and/or XP bonus cockpit items
Evolution ==> CBills and/or XP bonus cockpit items

Much cheaper ways to get +CBills boosted cockpit items; no XP bonus items here:
IS & Clan New Player Packs ==> only +CBills boosted cockpit items; no XP bonus
(These IS+Clan New Player Packs are also on STEAM!)

View PostSlab Hatrock, on 29 July 2024 - 07:20 AM, said:

In regards to my earlier comments about no XP boost, Isn't there usually an XP boost with the TSP or am I not remembering correctly?

Edited by w0qj, 30 July 2024 - 06:20 AM.

#47 Nspace

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2024 - 07:54 AM

View Postw0qj, on 29 July 2024 - 08:15 AM, said:

Only the $15 TSP packs give you 30-day active Premium Time

Just to be clear, the $40 2024 TSP Bundle and the $40 TSP Retro Bundle include all of the extras that are a part of the three $15 TSP packs that are a part of them. So buying either a 2024 TSP Bundle or a TSP Retro Bundle will get you a total of 90-day active Premium Time, while buying both will get you a total of 180-day active Premium Time.

Edited by Nspace, 30 July 2024 - 07:56 AM.

#48 Smith Gibson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 August 2024 - 10:46 AM

My first build idea for the ZEU-M(TSP):

LRM20 w/5t ammo, 2 Binary, 7 SmLas, AMS w/1t ammo, Beagle, 1 Jump Jet, 295 Light Engine, remaining Tonnage as Double Heatsinks, max or near max armor.
Both Binaries go on the shoulder High mount.
LRMs + Binares for long range shots, and 7 SmLas as backup when enemies start getting too close.

#49 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 544 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 03 August 2024 - 02:09 PM

The ZEU-M seems neat. Would probably never (get to) play it in comp, but for QP I'd get some nice 2xHPPC for the high mounts and use standard medium lasers for the other energy mounts - these are for close defense, so the extra range of ERMLs isn't needed and the extra heat would be bad. Posted Image
Standard engine, JJs - first (?) jumping Zeus! -, plenty of DHS. Play at range, poptart and/or sniper.

I just hope I can find the time to play CS24, going for the participation reward as always.

#50 tryhardedgelord

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2024 - 02:39 PM

the cicada looks gnarly, wonder if there will be usable builds outside of mag or hmg spam though

#51 Rhayn

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 August 2024 - 03:02 PM

With the MASC available to the Atlas, I feel like it could be a new Executioner; able to get into short rage of opponents in time to secure kills, especially with it's higher armor.

The build would be what I assume the devs it was meant to be built with; 6 medium pulse lasers and 4 SRM6+Artemis (Build code: A=j83:g1|eg|i^|i^|i^|i^|i^|c?|c?p?1|@@|@@|c?|c?q?1|@@|@@|c?|c?r41|4Isf0|i^tk0|_O|_Ouk0|_Ov<0w505050).

An alternative is to run an XL engine for a few more external heat sinks over the LFE, but isn't worth it in my opinion, as the LFE build linked already is a 375.

The short duration of the medium pulse lasers and similar range to SRMs lets the weapons pair up decently. 3x SNPPCs could also technically be used in some situations, but the ghost heat is rather oppressive, but has been done before with builds like the 3x ERPPC executioner.

Getting more experience with a better team than previous this tournament should be a blast, i'm hoping we come at least second in our bracket Posted Image

#52 Gadolinium64

• Pip
  • CS 2022 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2022 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 13 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 August 2024 - 03:04 PM

Given that it won't be legal in comp for a while, I was thinking about how the Atlas be used for Quick Play and it definitely seems like a fun brawler. My unit, lore-wise, is Steiner-based, so there will surely be Steiner Scout Lances when enough people get their hands on them. Once it does come out for C-Bills and thus comp, I think it'll be a fun (and more cultured) alternative to the Koloss for ISC.

The best option for it in my opinion is going to be to run 4xSRM6A 2xSNPPC 4xSL, using the MASC to get up close and personal with the brawl. The SRMs and Snubs have more range and are frontloaded (no duration) when compared to the Stock build of 4xSRM6A 6xMPL, and the Small Lasers have double the heat efficiency of MPLs, which helps in prolonged close range engagements. It also has more max DPS for burst damage output. Additionally, the extra heatsink and 1kph allow you to get in and stay in the fight slightly longer. Here is the link if anyone is interested, I also put it on the GrimMechs Website: https://mwo.nav-alph...fce875_AS7-MTSP

My comp team (SR-J) is hoping to return to the Top 12 this year. As we barely missed it in 13th last year despite being the 11th best team and are a weaker team this year compared to last year, we have our work cut out for us.

Edited by Gadolinium64, 03 August 2024 - 03:07 PM.

#53 Rofyu

Rookie

• CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 August 2024 - 05:23 PM

I would play the Zeus-M in QP and use all the lasers to BURN OFF PEOPLES' FACES!!!

#54 Chaos2469

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2024 - 05:27 PM

I think the CDA-M(TSP) would make a wonderful addition to my hanger ornaments.

#55 Poncho Poi

Rookie

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2024 - 08:00 PM

Id use the Zeus as a qp poptart with hppcs in its high mounts and while most likely not great cicada seems like it would be fun to run quad light ac2s and shoot down from rooftops/large rocks and the like

#56 TheDeathCrepeer

Rookie

• The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2024 - 04:45 AM

The Atlas seems most interesting to me. I mean, have you seen those tightly clustered energy mounts?

https://mwo.nav-alph...92bd77_AS7-MTSP
I'm actually most keen on trying it out running laservomit, and not brawl:
2 Binary Lasers, 4 ER Medium Lasers for good mid-range damage; LFE 400 and MASC for maximum speed to reposition.
The empty arms make for good shields, and the clustered lasers have excellent hardpoint locations.
Expose halfway, shoot, twist, and retreat. Reposition, repeat.

My and my unit's goals for CS24 are nothing too serious, we're here for the rewards, but we would like to improve our placing of 46th/107 last year.

#57 Bad0rk

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2024 - 08:26 AM

I ran some games with the Creeper build of Binary + ERML, I will also try some of the more brawly ones with SRM6 + Art and some smaller lasers to go with it. Not sure which I will prefer in the end.

Cicada is fine as is with small tweaks to the stock build.

Zeus is a fine Binary and ERML boat, have had some good games as is.

Let's go DeathCreeper! hit the top 40 this time around? :D

#58 Phartnocker

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2024 - 09:13 AM

I'd run the atlas and zip zap around the field, blip blopping mechs at MASC nitro speeds.

#59 Miriage

• PipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 August 2024 - 08:08 PM

Atlas needs to have 4 narc 2 tag and 4 flamers with a max engine. The ultimate support mech for maximum command potential.

#60 Lusciousbalzack

• Pip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 August 2024 - 09:08 PM

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! That TSP Atlas is just looking to be bloated with MRMs and Small Lasers.
It's a bigger, flight-less Dervish (without quirks)! https://mwo.nav-alph...770ec8_AS7-MTSP . Only 3 tons of ammo but that's more than enough ammo to take down 3-4 mechs if your aim is on point.

Quick Play game plan, path into enemies trying not bleed too much armor until you can get in close and start shredding mechs (or legs, I don't judge). Just don't expect to be one of the last mechs standing because you're a big target and people like to shoot the big targets first and nobody likes to screen for assaults in Quick Play.

Faction Play game plan (Attack), stack up 8 Dervishes and 4 of these Atlas' per wave and push into the enemy laughing as their names fill up the kill logs.

Faction Play game plan (Defense), same as Attack. The best defense is a strong offense!

Competitive, I'd probably bring something more along the lines of this build https://mwo.nav-alph...440f7d_AS7-MTSP in a sort-of Brawl Rush X-Pulse deck. Of course, there's not a lot of SRM ammo, so you'll have to make sure you land your shots.

For the Championship Series this year, I hope to be able to uphold the rules and judge fairly as well as communicate clearly with my fellow officials. If I also happen to be a caster for the finals, I hope that I can bring a little more hype to my casting rather than simply giving a detailed account of how teams are positioning and moving. As for where I hope my team places this year, my team and I are hoping to lands in the Top 25.

Anywho, best of luck to everyone this Championship Series! I look forward to seeing you all on the battlefield... Or in the scrapheap haha.

- Luscious

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users