#61 Besh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 August 2024 - 06:07 AM

View PostDarkBazerker, on 20 August 2024 - 11:09 AM, said:

Not like I care. Truth be told tho, living or dieing is not the point of this game now, even winning isnt. As a solo player your goal is to do enough work to make money and get a green arrow, of which I do a fair amount of.
Side note: I skipped over the rest due to to much effort to care. Have a nice day.

That mentality is the Problem .

Why do you play a Team based Arena shooter if you don't care for the Team aspect of it ?

#62 DarkBazerker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 279 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWaffle House

Posted 22 August 2024 - 04:20 PM

View PostBesh, on 22 August 2024 - 06:07 AM, said:

That mentality is the Problem .

Why do you play a Team based Arena shooter if you don't care for the Team aspect of it ?

At one point I came back after leaving in 2016 cause enough viewers wanted to see me go stomping again, and I enjoy shooting things.

#63 Brizna

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,363 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 22 August 2024 - 04:52 PM

I am sorry but I need to loudly and proudly say I love HPG's basement. I don't mean at all when a sizeable part of the team goes to the basement, camps on it until the "dumb" team mates who didn't go to the basement get killed and then the enemy team kills the rest of your team 2vs1 in the basement.
No I am talking about going into the basement knowing you are likely going to find something weaker than you (That actually means brawl with a little bit of coordination) and bash them and then get out of the basement and attack the enemy team from the back. Weak point in this strategy is if enemy team has competent snipers who prevent you from getting out of the basement behind the enemy, then being down there does suck. But honestly if you are playing brawl in HPG you are far better going into the basement than not as long as you don't simply go there to camp in it.

#64 Asylum Choir

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 August 2024 - 05:15 AM

View PostDarkBazerker, on 20 August 2024 - 10:29 PM, said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't care about psr, for me the green arrow is just a gold star or a smiley face for a job well done. As far as team work, its really hard not to use them as fodder when most of the time half the time is built for range.

That green arrow DOES NOT equate to played well. It equates to "did lots of damage" that does not mean you played well, at all.

#65 DarkBazerker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 279 posts
  • LocationWaffle House

Posted 25 August 2024 - 11:54 AM

View PostAsylum Choir, on 25 August 2024 - 05:15 AM, said:

That green arrow DOES NOT equate to played well. It equates to "did lots of damage" that does not mean you played well, at all.

its connected to match score, total damage done is just one part. https://mwomercs.com...-hold-on-patch/

#66 Ihlrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 372 posts

Posted 25 August 2024 - 05:00 PM

*clears throat*

I join a match.

That's it. That's all it takes.

#67 Asylum Choir

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 August 2024 - 07:09 PM

View PostDarkBazerker, on 25 August 2024 - 11:54 AM, said:

its connected to match score, total damage done is just one part. https://mwomercs.com...-hold-on-patch/

The point was missed...

#68 DarkBazerker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 279 posts
  • LocationWaffle House

Posted 26 August 2024 - 01:27 PM

View PostAsylum Choir, on 25 August 2024 - 07:09 PM, said:

The point was missed...

https://cdn.discorda...049eff0d3d36b0

I mean if your meaning always high damage, not really.....

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by DarkBazerker, 26 August 2024 - 01:29 PM.

#69 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 14 September 2024 - 10:23 AM

part of the reasons teams lose matches is they dont think tactically let alone strategically. stringing out the team is a very bad move always and in my opinion not very intelligent. i try to always remind people to stick together bec murder balls tens to work far better than a team that is spread out. also you have to think in 3d because almost all maps have 3 tiers to them. occasionally you find people whose shooting and kills cant be explained and it needs to be reported even though pgi has a horrible track record of investigating such reports. final reason is tier ones and twos being lumped with lower levels when they need to be on their own little server. yeah i heard the whines about game population but since those guys are supposed to be so go chop the team from 12 to 4 for each side and let them go at it.

Edited by Douglas grizzly, 14 September 2024 - 04:16 PM.

#70 VeeOt Dragon

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 16 September 2024 - 05:56 AM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 14 September 2024 - 10:23 AM, said:

final reason is tier ones and twos being lumped with lower levels when they need to be on their own little server. yeah i heard the whines about game population but since those guys are supposed to be so go chop the team from 12 to 4 for each side and let them go at it.

as someone who ended up in T2 by shear chance i can't agree with this. perhaps the T1s being in their own little corner. if i had to be forced to play in 4v4 or hell even 8v8 i would simply uninstall the game and move on. then again i have no idea how my average *** ended up in T2 anyway. i much preferred when i was in the lower tiers. it had nothing to do with stomping on noobs (as i rarely get more than one or two kills a match) it had to do with variety. you saw much greater variety of mechs and builds (not the same **** every match) and even some actual tactics being tried and objectives being paid attention to. i think one of the main reason i have begun to loose interest in MWO is simply because of how boring things have gotten.

don't get me wrong i should never be put against T5s and even most T4s but that is a MM thing and wish they didn't have the flood gates that would le higher tiers go against lower ones (this includes the T1s that make sure they have a T5 in their group so they are pulled down into the lower tiers by the MM. any group should be rated by the highest tiered player in said group)

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 16 September 2024 - 05:59 AM.

#71 Hat Trick

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 16 posts
  • Locationsmelly pit of poverty

Posted 17 September 2024 - 07:53 AM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 14 September 2024 - 10:23 AM, said:

part of the reasons teams lose matches is they dont think tactically let alone strategically. stringing out the team is a very bad move always and in my opinion not very intelligent. i try to always remind people to stick together bec murder balls tens to work far better than a team that is spread out. also you have to think in 3d because almost all maps have 3 tiers to them. occasionally you find people whose shooting and kills cant be explained and it needs to be reported even though pgi has a horrible track record of investigating such reports. final reason is tier ones and twos being lumped with lower levels when they need to be on their own little server. yeah i heard the whines about game population but since those guys are supposed to be so go chop the team from 12 to 4 for each side and let them go at it.
you have no idea what you're talking about. stop posting to avoid lying to others as well as yourself

#72 Manboobs-sama

• PipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 September 2024 - 10:13 AM

The Matchmaker and the Matchmaker alone determines who wins and who loses, and she can be a cruel an fickle goddess.

From the moment a lobby is created, the outcome of the match is set in stone, and it cannot under any circumstances be changed. To even attempt the defy the Matchmaker's will is to doom oneself to a life of misery and torment.

The very idea that a player has any agency in their fate is laughable. Just click on mechs until it's revealed whether you were put on the winning team or not.

The sooner you realize and accept this fact, the sooner you can be free from silly notions like "What could I have done better?" or "How could we have won this one?" and actually start enjoying the game.

All hail the Matchmaker Goddess!

#73 Moadebe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 286 posts

Posted 18 September 2024 - 12:39 PM

View PostManboobs-sama, on 18 September 2024 - 10:13 AM, said:

The Matchmaker and the Matchmaker alone determines who wins and who loses, and she can be a cruel an fickle goddess.

From the moment a lobby is created, the outcome of the match is set in stone, and it cannot under any circumstances be changed. To even attempt the defy the Matchmaker's will is to doom oneself to a life of misery and torment.

The very idea that a player has any agency in their fate is laughable. Just click on mechs until it's revealed whether you were put on the winning team or not.

The sooner you realize and accept this fact, the sooner you can be free from silly notions like "What could I have done better?" or "How could we have won this one?" and actually start enjoying the game.

All hail the Matchmaker Goddess!

While It sure does feel that way sometimes, this just isn't right.

#74 Moadebe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 286 posts

Posted 18 September 2024 - 12:43 PM

View PostHat Trick, on 17 September 2024 - 07:53 AM, said:

you have no idea what you're talking about. stop posting to avoid lying to others as well as yourself

Hes not wrong actually. Stop telling people to stop posting. The only person whos lying to themselves is yourself with that statement.

#75 Mechmisfit

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 22 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 September 2024 - 03:07 PM

My greatest sin is usually number one but I am always up for pushing a bad position from time to time. Not really low lands but I usually ride in heavy mechs and get separated from the group by staying and engaging too long...leading me back to number one. Posted Image

#76 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,956 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 18 September 2024 - 06:34 PM

View PostMoadebe, on 18 September 2024 - 12:39 PM, said:

While It sure does feel that way sometimes, this just isn't right.

That's because the entire post is comprised of withering sarcasm.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users