40 replies to this topic

#21 -VooDoo-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 166 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 10 August 2024 - 08:34 AM

So when I try to redeem from the website I get nothing, when I redeem in game I get the warhorn + GSP. I have tried to redeem 3 or 4 on the website over a 12 hour period and nothing.

Edited by -VooDoo-, 10 August 2024 - 09:30 AM.

#22 shadow cat

• PipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 August 2024 - 02:19 PM

View Postw0qj, on 09 August 2024 - 02:00 PM, said:

The Warden Booster Pack with DWF-C(S) with ECM CT is the one to get, and it's 50% Off for the very first time!
https://mwomercs.com/warden

Too bad you can't buy more than 1x Warden Booster Pack... the DWF-C(S) is that good! Posted Image

There is any special omnimech parts combo with the DWF-C(S) (appart of the %30+ cbills) ?

#23 ZZDjango

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2024 - 03:13 PM

View Postw0qj, on 09 August 2024 - 08:17 PM, said:

I was in your exact position 4 years ago: returning player after a long time, bought Solaris7 Mech Pack @ 50% Off (on Steam). Just before Daeron came aboard as MWO/Piranha staff, and the rest is history Posted Image

0) Your mechs played frequently: (all are IS mechs, may I add)
SDR-5K, UM-SC: Light mechs with a bit of ballistic hardpoint for easier burst damage to boost match score, perhaps?
GRF-AR: Medium mech: pure Laser/energy vomit? Did you use missiles? SRM or MRM?
GRF-'1E': Did you mean GRF-1N or GRF-1S? Both are Laser/energy vomit mechs. (There is no GRF-1E).
RFL-DB: Your only Heavy mech frequently used, Laser/energy vomit.

Assault Mechs: You've (rightly) indicated that you've struggled with slow Assault mechs like Atlas Kraken. Map/mech positioning is the key: Once QP game starts, keep pressing "W" until you get to where the main battle would be in the center, before the battle starts. Where's that? Therein lies the problem. You tend to get separated from your group going the wrong way, and enemy Lights pick you off, died all alone. Once you are more familiar with maps and 'know' where main battle is joined for each map, you might like Assaults! I play almost only Assault mechs. Don't care about dying (and don't care about my PSR Tier either.) Just here to have fun!

- - - - - - - - - - -
Anyways, back to your question about what mech packs to procure:
(If you want advice about which free mechs to get for your playing style, pls post on the General Discussion Forum here).

1) Otomo Mech Pack: 6x IS Special Variant Mechs @ 30% Off!
4x Assault mechs though.
2x Heavy mechs
~CPLT-K2(O) with 2xAC10 + 2xSNPPC with XL255, armless, goes at almost 64kph! or: 2xAC10 + 2xLightPPC + LE250 @62kph
~DRG-1N(O): +7.5% Top Speed built-in, goes quick enough for you? Also got ballistic/energy hardpoints that you want. Posted Image

2) 'New Players Packs' -- IS Light Pack (UM-K9 Hero mech), and also Clan Light Pack (Kit Fox Purifier Hero omnimech):
~These are very good value IMHO (Hero Mech + 3000MC + CBills + GSP + 30days active Premium Time)
==>Also gives you IS or Clan specific total 10% CBills bonus cockpit items for each of these two packs! Swap these into mech!

3) Custom Platinum Collection @ 30% Off.
==>These are the most popular QP standard variants consistently played, and turned into Platinum +30% CBills bonus version!
==>Cannot go wrong with any of these Platinum Collection mechs. (Yeah, you're gonna ask, which ones?)

4) Legendary Clan Urbanmech 'IIC', and you get two of these @ 30% Off!

5) Legendary Gorewing: since you like JJ so much Posted Image
(Tidbit: There are only two Hero mechs that does not have cockpit shake when JJ'ing. Heavy Metal. And the other one is _____. It's not Gorewing though.)

6) Legendary Ferroblast: Heavy in XL Engine can go 90+ kph on MASC bursts... goes fast enough for you? Posted Image

7) Legendary Black Hawk KU: first IS Omnimech! Legendary mech pack also gives you the unique ballistic arms too! XL engine.

==>Do have fun choosing your mech pack!
==>If you have anymore questions outside of "Which mech packs should I buy?", I would strongly advise you to post in a separate discussion thread here.

I bought the Otomo Pack and the legendary clan UrbanMech.

My loadout for the Atlas is for the moment:
  • 1x AC/20
  • 2x MRM30
  • 5x Small Lasers
  • Targeting Computer Mk2
  • Standard 325 Engine

#24 PiVoR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 August 2024 - 05:10 PM

Is it intentional that legendary mechs purchased with MC don't count towards Event?

#25 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 August 2024 - 10:00 PM

View PostPiVoR, on 10 August 2024 - 05:10 PM, said:

Is it intentional that legendary mechs purchased with MC don't count towards Event?

The Legendary Mechs sold for MC aren't tagged as LGD. They are known as "Hero" mechs, I believe. So, yeah, unfortunately.

#26 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,566 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 10 August 2024 - 11:44 PM

Let's talk about your Atlas build somewhere else:
https://mwomercs.com...sic-build-ideas

View PostZZDjango, on 10 August 2024 - 03:13 PM, said:

I bought the Otomo Pack and the legendary clan UrbanMech.

My loadout for the Atlas is for the moment:
  • 1x AC/20
  • 2x MRM30
  • 5x Small Lasers
  • Targeting Computer Mk2
  • Standard 325 Engine

#27 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,566 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 11 August 2024 - 12:23 AM

The Warden Booster Pack gives you the great DWF-C(S) + TBR-BH(S) and you see them being played!
You also get GSP + CBills and other goodies (I love that warhorn).

But unfortunately, no, you don't get any additional omnimech parts in that Warden Booster Pack.
(As such, if you do buy DWF-C(S), strongly suggest you also get that DWF-UV hero mech for its unique ballistic arms).

In fact, almost all mech packs don't give you any additional omnimech parts.
The only exceptions are the Legendary Sovereign and Legendary Black Hawk KU, both of which give you the exclusive omnimech ballistic arms. (Buying the Hero version with MC does not give you the ballistic arms).

View Postshadow cat, on 10 August 2024 - 02:19 PM, said:

There is any special omnimech parts combo with the DWF-C(S) (appart of the %30+ cbills) ?

Edited by w0qj, 11 August 2024 - 12:25 AM.

#28 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 11 August 2024 - 01:40 AM

View PostPiVoR, on 10 August 2024 - 05:10 PM, said:

Yes, it is intentional.

#29 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 692 posts

Posted 11 August 2024 - 01:48 PM

but..but..I only have the warlord...and the Howl but I got that one from the in-game store so it doesnt count apparently....

#30 Lobster in Leggins

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 August 2024 - 03:17 PM

no dorect critissism, we have plenty of events that give rewards to all players but...
its still nice when paying customer events holding a portion (even if its tiny) that are accesible for all players without buy-in

#31 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 336 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 11 August 2024 - 05:59 PM

This is cool, but looks like my legends that I bought with MC don't count toward the damage. You should let MC legends contribute to the event as well. :/

I mean, we have to pay for MC too, for the most part. I have a combination of 'bought legends' and MC legends, and a Howl I won from an event. They should all work.

Also, does anyone remember when those packs would go on sale for 50% off instead of 30% off? I member... :P

Edited by Renzor the Red, 11 August 2024 - 06:01 PM.

#32 stripped

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 92 posts
  • LocationGermania superior

Posted 12 August 2024 - 03:53 AM

View PostRenzor the Red, on 11 August 2024 - 05:59 PM, said:

This is cool, but looks like my legends that I bought with MC don't count toward the damage. You should let MC legends contribute to the event as well. :/

No, PGI should not. They announced quite some time ago that a cash-LGD-Mechs only event was coming up. They also announced that MC purchased LGD-Mechs will not count.

#33 Valec

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 August 2024 - 03:57 AM

View Poststripped, on 12 August 2024 - 03:53 AM, said:

No, PGI should not. They announced quite some time ago that a cash-LGD-Mechs only event was coming up. They also announced that MC purchased LGD-Mechs will not count.

So they shouldn't only because they announced it in advance? That's strange logic.

#34 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 12 August 2024 - 05:42 AM

View PostValec, on 12 August 2024 - 03:57 AM, said:

So they shouldn't only because they announced it in advance? That's strange logic.

The thing is, Legend mechs are tagged as "LGD" only if you buy them from the webstore or Steam. In-game store has them marked as "Hero". So, they don't count.

It also seems like PGI wants to keep discounts away from Steam, which I'm not too thrilled about. I don't intend to pay in USD. Oh, well.

#35 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 12 August 2024 - 09:47 AM

OK I added some of the Legend Mechs to a week long sale in Steam

#36 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 13 August 2024 - 06:38 AM

View Post-VooDoo-, on 10 August 2024 - 08:34 AM, said:

So when I try to redeem from the website I get nothing, when I redeem in game I get the warhorn + GSP. I have tried to redeem 3 or 4 on the website over a 12 hour period and nothing.

View PostMatt Newman, on 12 August 2024 - 09:47 AM, said:

I also don't seem to get the Warhorn when redeeming on the website. I haven't taken note if I get the GSP and MC either. For sure no warhorn.

EDIT The Warhorns are now all redeeming properly, and I have gotten the previously redeemed ones that were missing.

Edited by Amsro, 13 August 2024 - 04:18 PM.

#37 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 13 August 2024 - 07:40 AM

can we also get a different event for the "Legends" that were bought via MC? maybe after this one?

#38 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 13 August 2024 - 09:30 AM

Thanks! Bought one. Posted Image

#39 BlueDevilspawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 August 2024 - 12:31 PM

Great sale, thanks for putting it on. I bought a pack.

#40 PeacockBassSVT

Rookie

• The Unstoppable
  • The Unstoppable
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2024 - 02:50 PM

Is there an issue with the purchasing of battlepasses/legendary mechs? I sent an email in already but figured I would post here too.

I purchased the Aksum battlepass yesterday evening only for the item to never appear on my account as well as a few other weird things: I never got a confirmation email like I usually do with the usual info ie Wait till the top of the hour. My account was only charged 0.45 cents and not the entire amount of $10.50. I spoke with my banking institution that confirmed only .45 cents had been charged but nothing else was pending. They assured me it was on the other end.

I am awaiting an email back however being that it is the weekend, I understand I may not hear back until Monday at the earliest.

I am hesitant from wanting to place another order with everything I've mentioned previously, but do not want to miss out on the sale do to a possible technical error. I am going to proceed with purchasing the Sovereign Battlepass as well at the time of writing this in hopes of either this will go through or being able to have both of the issues solved by next week.

Thanks again for the support

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users